PDA

View Full Version : Ride on Sunday 9-23-06

cornhuskxr
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Just checked the weather report and it looks like its going to be in the high 60's to mid 70's LETS RIDE!!!!!!

I'm sorry Sunday is the 24th

konichd
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Where and What time? Morrison Conoco @ 9 like usual? :)

Sully
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 03:54 PM
It's on beeeetches ! :bananna:

Cassius32
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 04:00 PM
i'm in

Kendo
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 04:05 PM
um .... I guess I am in......

konichd
Tue Sep 19th, 2006, 04:06 PM
It's on beeeetches ! :bananna:

Do you want me to call you...or nudge you Sun. morning?:hump:

McVaaahhh
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I believe that I will have to participate in the festivities. :rock:

Sully
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Do you want me to call you...or nudge you Sun. morning?:hump:

Don't worry.. I'm sure I'll wake up to the smell of you cooking me breakfast ... :yumyum:....

konichd
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Don't worry.. I'm sure I'll wake up to the smell of you cooking me breakfast ... :yumyum:....

How do you like your eggs? Over easy?
Also sausage links or bacon strips, perhaps both? ;)

Breakfast will be served at 8:15 sharp!

Sully
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Well darlin'.. I was hoping to have you sunny side up for breakfast... I guess you could throw in a sausage link if you'd like... :eyebrows:

Kendo
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 12:30 PM
BAH ... my virgin ears...... :leghump:

Sumo
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Well darlin'.. I was hoping to have you sunny side up for breakfast... I guess you could throw in a sausage link if you'd like... :eyebrows:

Now this thread is starting to get interesting...Next!!:shocked:

Sully
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 03:17 PM
BAH ... my virgin ears...... :leghump:

I think that's the only VIRGIN thing on you !

Kendo
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 03:36 PM
I think that's the only VIRGIN thing on you !

HA..... you think? .... :lol:

pilot
Wed Sep 20th, 2006, 10:24 PM
How do you like your eggs? Over easy?
Also sausage links or bacon strips, perhaps both? ;)

Breakfast will be served at 8:15 sharp!Did you say bacon STRIPS?

mmmmm?:hump:

jbnwc
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 07:49 AM
I'm curious where you got that weather report? weather.com has a high of 60 for Morrison, which is totally doable, but if you go up it is only going to get colder. Where are you planning on riding? I was hoping to ride to Aspen Saturday, but the Pilots aren't really too great in snow, so I'm aiming for the 30th instead.

Sorry-I don't mean to be the pessimist.

konichd
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 07:52 AM

And here I thought "over easy" would have been more to your taste?

And Yes Pilot, Bacon strips served in Ranch dressing...mmmm....

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 08:35 AM
And here I thought "over easy" would have been more to your taste?

And Yes Pilot, Bacon strips served in Ranch dressing...mmmm....

Errrr....who's ranch dressing?

:puke: :spit: :doublefinger:

Sully
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Actually DK.. I do like my eggs over easy.. but I don't really eat bacon much... How about some oatmeal instead ? :)

Yeah.. weather is looking a bit chilly :cold:

konichd
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 09:07 AM
Actually DK.. I do like my eggs over easy.. but I don't really eat bacon much... How about some oatmeal instead ? :)

Yeah.. weather is looking a bit chilly :cold:

How about I fill you up with something warm inside? :hump:

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM
I'm itching to go on this ride, but I've got exams next week that I gotta start studying for

V-Twin Villain
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
Did someone actually plan a ride here? Who's making pancakes?

Ghost
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 02:00 PM
My bike crapped it's shift linkage last ride, haven't had time to straighten it out yet. If I can get it working tonight and if it won't be so nipply I'm in. Or, even if it's nipply but...nevermind.

However, all this talk of small sausages in the morning is making me think it'll be shrivellingly cold...
(and I apparently have "Junior Member" status...ouch...that hurts the ego)

And we are talking about SUNDAY the *24th*...not the 23rd (which is Sat)?

I work Saturday...

As to Sunday's ride, I like my pancakes dripping in strawberry goodness. With cream. Lots of cream.

Sully
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 02:24 PM
Do you mean WHIPPPPPP CREAM ???

tsk tsk.. junior .. ahem...cough.. cough.... member...

Kendo
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 03:47 PM
All this talk of breakfast is making me hungry.....

How about we all meet and ride to IHOP so Sully can buy us all breakfast.... :hump:

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 04:14 PM
This ride is start to sound better and better...hmmm I wonder if I could break away for a little ride.

konichd
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 04:21 PM
All this talk of breakfast is making me hungry.....

How about we all meet and ride to IHOP so Sully can buy us all breakfast.... :hump:

How about Sully just rides ME to the Ihop? :hump:

Ghost
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 06:27 PM
Do you mean WHIPPPPPP CREAM ???
...of course I do...

tsk tsk.. junior .. ahem...cough.. cough.... member...
:cry: You told me size didn't matter! :hump:

Simon (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000200/): I have to lie to women to get laid. And I don't score much. I got a really small dick, it's pathetic.

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/40/36/12m.jpg
True Lies
Seriously though, all this breakfast talk IS getting me hungry...and IHOP or Cracker Barrel is sounding *really* good right about now...

pilot
Thu Sep 21st, 2006, 10:50 PM
Ever figure out what is going on with the shifter? Perhaps it was that speed run on 287 that got it?
My bike crapped it's shift linkage last ride, haven't had time to straighten it out yet. If I can get it working tonight and if it won't be so nipply I'm in. Or, even if it's nipply but...nevermind.

However, all this talk of small sausages in the morning is making me think it'll be shrivellingly cold...
(and I apparently have "Junior Member" status...ouch...that hurts the ego)

And we are talking about SUNDAY the *24th*...not the 23rd (which is Sat)?

I work Saturday...

As to Sunday's ride, I like my pancakes dripping in strawberry goodness. With cream. Lots of cream.

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:14 AM
Because of the weather and the potential to be freezing cold early in the morning any thought to moving this ride back a couple of hours to 11:00 or 12:00?

Just a thought. (I have so few.)

konichd
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:16 AM
Or how about we meet at 9 like we planned, go to IHOP, eat some treats and head out at 10:30? Forcast says a high of 68-70! :)

DevilDuc
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
Where and What time? Morrison Conoco @ 9 like usual? :)

Hey peeps ... I just moved here from Arizona and I am itching to go for a ride and find some of those wonderful roads that I have been hearing about.

Where is the Morrison Conoco in relation to the Erie\Boulder area?

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
uhm... FAR away...

It's off of C-470 and the Morrison Rd. Exit... same exit as Bandimere Speedway or Red Rocks !

DevilDuc
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:38 AM
ok ... thanks for the quick reply.

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:46 AM
I would try to give you directions.. but I don't know the exact highway names.. I just know how to get there... sorry :oops:

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:06 AM
Weather Sunday.. 68 and dry... :bananna:...

V-Twin Villain
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
I'm in...

eklew
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Hey peeps ... I just moved here from Arizona and I am itching to go for a ride and find some of those wonderful roads that I have been hearing about.

Where is the Morrison Conoco in relation to the Erie\Boulder area?

Depending which highway is closest to you, either take Hwy 36 towards denver or I-25 South towards denver. Then you would take I-70 West to C-470 towards Colorado Springs. You would then take the Morrison exit which should only be about 2-3 miles south from I-70 and make a right turn to the Conoco. Hope that helps.

3/4gixxer
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:09 AM
If you're in Boulder take 93 south to 470 then 470 south to the morrison exit.

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
:imwithstupid: I know this route.. just not the hwy #/name.. doh :slap:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:24 AM
Or how about we meet at 9 like we planned, go to IHOP, eat some treats and head out at 10:30? Forcast says a high of 68-70! :)

Works for me.

I'm just thinking that at 9am it's going to be in the 40's or 50's. 70 is friggen perfect for me.

Are you and Sully buying? :D

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
:no: I'm not 100% positive I'm going.... I may be .. uh.. otherwise detained :hump:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Detained, like as in Handcuffs? :D

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
Ha... I never Dominate and tell.... cracks whip... !!!

konichd
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
Works for me.

I'm just thinking that at 9am it's going to be in the 40's or 50's. 70 is friggen perfect for me.

Are you and Sully buying? :D

I know you ride a Honda, but get the sand out of your pussy and get to the Conoco. :slappers:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
How about being dominated and then telling?

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 01:44 PM
Hey.. what you and your wifey do at home is none of our business.. :oops:

Kendo
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 02:47 PM
:no: I'm not 100% positive I'm going.... I may be .. uh.. otherwise detained :hump:

:shocked: :shocked:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:01 PM
I know you ride a Honda, but get the sand out of your pussy and get to the Conoco. :slappers:

Is the Kawi going to be on its way to the shop before or after the ride? :banghead:

McVaaahhh
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:03 PM
Hey.. what you and your wifey do at home is none of our business.. :oops:

All I was asking is if the reason you couldn't make the ride was because you were going to handcuffed to the bed or otherwise "detained".:silly:

Sully
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
I'll get back to you on that ;)

Ghost
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:21 PM
Ever figure out what is going on with the shifter? Perhaps it was that speed run on 287 that got it?
Nah, she's been topped out and beaten on the track many times before in the 5yrs that Harris Rearset has been on there, and I've never had a problem.

I took the whole assembly apart, and can't find why it's binding; but it seems that the shift lever itself (which rolls on the outter diameter of the peg ) and not the adjustable/double-knuckled linkage bar is what's binding. The bar does twist some, but I can't get it to bind even when twisted.

If I loosen it the center bolt that holds the peg to the rearset then the lever swings freely, but the peg is so loose that it rotates around. Once I tighten it up to where the peg won't move the lever binds.

It's possible that the lever got bent somehow and is now tweaked to where it binds, or maybe the peg got bent and the shaft that the lever rotates on is no longer straight so it binds.

I'm going to look for some metal washers (1/2" on one side, looks like 3/4" on the other) and try to find some water-proof grease of some kind and try to washer both sides of the lever and lube the crap out of where it rotates on the peg-stalk too see if that kills the binding...

I emailed Harris, but no word back yet. (They are in the UK though...perhaps having tea.)

TommyGun
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 03:40 PM
This sounds like an interesting ride, I will try to make it

Ghost
Fri Sep 22nd, 2006, 08:23 PM
Accuweather is showing an 8am temp of 41 for Sunday...who wants to keep the breakfast sausages warm??:cold:

pilot
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 01:00 AM
Well, you know the old saying, "If it doesn't fit, try a bigger hammer", good luck with that darn thing.
Nah, she's been topped out and beaten on the track many times before in the 5yrs that Harris Rearset has been on there, and I've never had a problem.

I took the whole assembly apart, and can't find why it's binding; but it seems that the shift lever itself (which rolls on the outter diameter of the peg ) and not the adjustable/double-knuckled linkage bar is what's binding. The bar does twist some, but I can't get it to bind even when twisted.

If I loosen it the center bolt that holds the peg to the rearset then the lever swings freely, but the peg is so loose that it rotates around. Once I tighten it up to where the peg won't move the lever binds.

It's possible that the lever got bent somehow and is now tweaked to where it binds, or maybe the peg got bent and the shaft that the lever rotates on is no longer straight so it binds.

I'm going to look for some metal washers (1/2" on one side, looks like 3/4" on the other) and try to find some water-proof grease of some kind and try to washer both sides of the lever and lube the crap out of where it rotates on the peg-stalk too see if that kills the binding...

I emailed Harris, but no word back yet. (They are in the UK though...perhaps having tea.)

rforsythe
Sat Sep 23rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Ok so... Morrison Conoco @ 9 and a trip for breakfast from there before the ride? Just trying to decode what I think is an intention to ride in this thread, with no actual declaration of wtf is going on. ;)

(and yes, I have a bike)

GixerSix
Sun Sep 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Because of the weather and the potential to be freezing cold early in the morning any thought to moving this ride back a couple of hours to 11:00 or 12:00?

Just a thought. (I have so few.)

That sounds more my speed. I'm sure I already missed you guys but who's in for another later meeting at the Morrison Conoco? I'm thinking as late as 12:30PM so people have time to come across this thread.

McVaaahhh
Sun Sep 24th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Fun ride today, I had to bail early, but enjoyed the couple hours on the road. :up:

V-Twin Villain
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 08:10 AM
It was nice riding with you all this Sunday and thanks for showing me a few new roads close to home.

Sully
Mon Sep 25th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Sorry I missed the ride.... too much UFC partying...:drink: