PDA

View Full Version : Columbine to Canyon Ride

Rue
Fri Sep 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
If anyone is interested I thought I would pass this ride information along:

"I have set up a memorial fundraiser for the victims of the tragic event that had occurred on 09/27/2006 at the Platte Canyon High School. The ride will start at Columbine High School on 10/07/2006 at 11am and end at the High School in Bailey. The monies generated will go directly to the victims, victim's families, and the greater community of Park County. I also would like to set aside this money for a memorial site dedicated to Emily and all those involved. My big goal is not to just get monies for immediate help but to develop proper education and security measures for Platte Canyon and other Schools. We need to stop these events from ever happening again. ~ Danny"

“Columbine to Canyon Ride”
October 7th, 2006

To Register and get information please email:

columbinetocanyonride@yahoo.com (columbinetocanyonride@yahoo.com)

Ride starts at 11:00 a.m. at Columbine High School and will proceed to Platte Canyon High School.

Coffee and hopefully donuts will start being served at 9:30 a.m.

Anyone who wants to ride please join us,
ALL motorcycles welcome.

Donations can be made at any “Bank of the West” locations. PLEASE MAKE CHECK OUT TO:

“Columbine to Canyon Ride Fund”
or:
“C TO C RIDE”

Donations will be taken the day of the ride and you can turn in your deposit receipt also if donation has already been made. We will have collection buckets
the day of the ride as you come in and line up.

All questions to: columbinetocanyonride@yahoo.com (columbinetocanyonride@yahoo.com)

macktastic brake grabber
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 10:54 AM
i am friends with many of the folks up there as i was a resident for five yrs. actually my very best friends live there.... one of my best , coaches football for the school. his daughter was a member of the class that was taken hostage and emily's best friend . they played basketball together. she is very upset as well as her parents. they moved here from dallas many yrs. ago after having children , they figured bailey was a whole lot safer than dallas..we are going up to visit today and i will give them all of your thoughts..... i am sure they will fell good to know there are so many of us flat landers that care...
b.t.w. jamie ,thier daughter was the girl who did not make it into the classroom do to cassidy catching her in the hallway... she had been making copies at the office and was returning to class... i thank god every day since ... she is very dear to me...
i will pass along all of your warm thoughts
macktastic

FZRguy
Mon Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:13 AM
It would be cool if the CSC came out in force for this…

dapper
Mon Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:26 AM
I'll be there in spirit! :angel:
If it was on the 8th, I'd be there for sure!
:cheers:

chadincolo
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 10:35 AM
I'll be there in spirit! :angel:
If it was on the 8th, I'd be there for sure!
:cheers:

I agree, can't make it (son's football game) but wish I could...going to be an awsome sight, I'm sure a FEW bikes...

eaheer
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I agree, can't make it (son's football game) but wish I could...going to be an awsome sight, I'm sure a FEW bikes...Here is the flyer: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/671/canyonrunum0.jpg

JustSomeDude
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 02:27 PM
New to the forum... but just had to post that I'll be attending this event with a few friends. Should be a good time, for a good cause!

Rue
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM
i am friends with many of the folks up there as i was a resident for five yrs.

I'm actually a Conifer resident and have many friends in Bailey. It's been a truly awful week. Thanks for passing on my thoughts.

I was just passing the information along as I got it. I will not be able to attend but I know there are some great people here that might be able to.

The organizer did a radio spot yesterday? Anyway he estimates a fairly large turn out. I hope so.

I know residents that aren't of the "biker" persuasion plan on lining the highway to show support and are busting their butts to get food etc. lined up for people attending.

MrMischief
Wed Oct 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I have a bbq planned for saturday at noon at a buddy's house where it's my grill that will be used. I'm going to try to push that back a couple of hours so I can attend.

Sortarican
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I'm going to try and make it. Along with a couple friends from work who ride.
I too have friends and connections up in Bailey, my step Mother and Brother are the Moores of Moore Lumber and the the old Mooredale resort.

It's no less tragic when these things happen in a large city, but in a small town it really takes a toll on all the whole community.

Let's represent CSC!!

P.S.
MBGrabber,
Glad to hear your friends daughter was able to stay out of direct harms way, though she's still got to be going through hell right now.

Give her and the family our best and tell them to hang in there.

Rue
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 10:37 PM
There was a huge turn out. I even spotted some pics of sportbikes.

If anyone is interested in seeing some pictures...

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=36199&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

pilot
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Wow. That was one heck of a gathering. And for the best reason.