PDA

View Full Version : Another $hitty Day In Colorado

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 08:50 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/09_30_06/Picture004LargeWebview.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/09_30_06/Picture001LargeWebview.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/09_30_06/Picture002LargeWebview.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/09_30_06/Picture005LargeWebview.jpg

pilot
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 09:06 PM
N_N what year is your ZZR?

Feathered upstart!
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 09:07 PM
I'm movin to Kansas!:slappers:

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 09:12 PM
N_N what year is your ZZR?

'02

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Map of the route:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Nick_Ninja/09_30_06/093006Map.jpg

gearhead
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Wow, we are doing the exact same ride in the morning .....wish I would have joined CSC a day sooner ......

Great Pictures!

How long did it take you?

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 10:26 PM
We actually did the route in reverse of the numbers on the map. Started at the Bear Lake entrance of RMNP at 10:30 AM. Finished back in Boulder at 6:00 PM. Took an hour in Walcott and 45 minutes in Kremling.

gearhead
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Have been looking for a few guys to ride with this summer, it's great to see people actually riding somewhere not just downtown. Guess I've just been around to long ........ I remember back when people actually rode these bikes and stuntin' was for trials bikes!

We are going in the other direction to make sure we get over RMNP earier in the day.

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 10:42 PM
We went through RMNP first and Tennessee Pass / Fremont Pass Last (north to south).

gearhead
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Ahhhh my bad ..... that's the same route we will be taking ....don't know what I was thinking. I do have a feeling it might be a bit on the cold side but ...what the hell ...... it's not going to be open for much longer.

I'm amazed that there was so little snow ..... I figured there would be 3 feet ... can't wait until the morning!

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 11:02 PM
There is more snow up there than the picture reflects. There is a six foot drift that the rotary plowed through around the Alpine Visitor Center (west side). The road is dry. They dumped some sand in the first hairpin past the Alpine Visitor Center (west side).

CO 134 (Gore Pass) is new pavement (from US 40 to CO 131) ------ you can haul a$$ on that section of road.

gearhead
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Hahaha, can't wait but I'll leave the haulin' arse for when I take the Aprilia/R solo instead of the SV1000S two up with my wife! LOL

I'll show her the pics in the morning minus the section of road I will be looking for ..... to pick up the pace on ....

I would have went today but ....... late to join ..... I'm not much for forums but this one seems to be pretty good.

I'm surprised with all these guy's online you couldn't get more people to go?

Nick_Ninja
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 11:26 PM
<snip>I'm surprised with all these guy's online you couldn't get more people to go?

We were selfish ------- we didn't invite anybody. I have to admit --- CYCLE_MONKEY rode Trail Ridge yesterday, left a VM on my cell phone, I called my buddy and we went this morning.

BTW --- I got to pilot the ZX-14. Instant speed at the twist of the wrist. I can't wait till they convert it to a sport-tourer.

gearhead
Sat Sep 30th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Last Kaw I had was a ZX9R in 2001 ..... made 130+ on the dyno not bad for a stock bike, I'm sure the 14 is a rocket!

I'm more of a twin's guy myself .... can't argue with that sound!

But the Aprilia is not very comfortable so I bought an SV1000S .... not quite the same weight or punch ......but I can actually ride it for more then 200 miles!

Well ......maybe another time!

BHeth
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 05:23 AM
BTW --- I got to pilot the ZX-14. Instant speed at the twist of the wrist. I can't wait till they convert it to a sport-tourer.

Isn't it already? Glad you had a fun and safe ride! When I saw "$hitty" with the dollar sign, I thought you got a big ticket!

pilot
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 10:33 AM
!HA! I'll bet you're super-familiar with the gas station on Colfax across from Araria. Welcome to the "real" riding.
Have been looking for a few guys to ride with this summer, it's great to see people actually riding somewhere not just downtown. Guess I've just been around to long ........ I remember back when people actually rode these bikes and stuntin' was for trials bikes!

We are going in the other direction to make sure we get over RMNP earier in the day.

pilot
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 10:34 AM
Ahhhhh, a parts bike for me, (snicker). There aren't too many of those around.
'02

pilot
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 10:37 AM
Crap man, (mmmm, that sounds like the name of a new super hero). What I meant to say was: Crap, man I've been trying all year to do and up-and-over on Trail Ridge. Now, it seems like it's the thing to do. Dang, that looked like a good ride. :banghead:
We were selfish ------- we didn't invite anybody. I have to admit --- CYCLE_MONKEY rode Trail Ridge yesterday, left a VM on my cell phone, I called my buddy and we went this morning.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 02:33 PM
Yeah dude, nice ride! Nice pics. Did you go Saturday? I did a similar, more Northern solo loop Friday from Lvlnd up thru Trailridge (weather was AWESOME, cool, but not cold at the summit) to Grand lake, West across 40 all the way to Kremmling, North on 40 to 14 to Walden, then down the Poudre and back home. Started around 2, got home around 8:30. About 300mi. My grandparents visited us here in the late '70's, and thought it was beautiful, so I dedicated my ride to them, as they're finally together again. RIP.

I'll start a thread with the pics when I get to work and can post them.

CYCLE_MONKEY
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 02:36 PM
Crap man, (mmmm, that sounds like the name of a new super hero). What I meant to say was: Crap, man I've been trying all year to do and up-and-over on Trail Ridge. Now, it seems like it's the thing to do. Dang, that looked like a good ride. :banghead:

Hey Pilot. Well, like I said, you guys are welcome to come up here and stay, say on a Friday night, then we could do a big loop like that Sat, stay at my place Sat, then maybe a short ride Sun, then you guys could ride home after. Trailride beckons...... :)

mtnairlover
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 02:52 PM
Wow, reminds me of a ride I took with some of the Southern CSC'ers in August...before my lil accident. Total of about 350 miles on my stock seat (too rought on Cycle_Monkey's butt;))...meh, I've got lotsa extra cushion.:lol: But, yeah, hwy40, Kremmling, Grandby...almost the same route accept for the south side of I-70 where I came from Breckenridge through Silverthorne.

You got some awesome pics. Yuppers, heck of a day.:)

dapper
Sun Oct 1st, 2006, 11:53 PM
Nice route...:)