PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a quick canyon trip today (Friday)

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I am thinking, its supposed to be a nice day, I might spend my lunch hitting up my "canyon loop" (coal creek, peak to peak, golden gate). I work at Sun in Broomfield, so a quick trip down 128->93 and I am out, but if anyone else has a "loose" schedule today, let me know, I'd love to ride with someone.

~tommy

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I would join you, but unfortunately I'm working today... however, I will be riding almost the same loop after work today... :hump:....

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I rode my bike to Golden today, so I'm up for a lunch ride or some rideing after work (*hint, hint, Sully!)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I'm down... where are you thinking of meeting up ?

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 10:15 AM
For a lunch ride or after work? What time are you off?

Morrison Conoco or in Golden as far as meeting up. Good thing I wore jeans today....riding with you makes my leathers too tight! ;)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Not a nooner :eyebrows:... I'm outta here @ 3:30... so the earliest I can meet up would be like...@ 4:30ish... depending on location.. the further west.. the longer it will take me... ;)

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 10:21 AM
There isn't any canyon's in f*ckin' Aurora...where did you plan to go? :)

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 10:41 AM
I would be willing to do the loop "backwards" (Golden Gate first) but by 4:30 I need to be thinking about heading east. (per my other thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=104818&postcount=6
(http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showpost.php?p=104818&postcount=6)

~tommy

denverbusa
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Work SUCKS!

Might make the 4:30 time.

Morrison?

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:33 AM
don't make me slapabitch Konich... :slap:... lol

I can meet ya at Golden Gate, Central City Parkway, Lyons, Coulder, The Morrison Conoco... or wherever... just lemme know... :hump:

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I could do Morrison?

Sully, I'm going to slap you....open fist.....on the ass of course! ;)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM
SweetASSS.... :eyebrows:...

So... Morrison to .... ? hmm...

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:45 AM
We'll see depending on time. ;)

Maybe Golden gate, Central City Raceway, then back on that HWY thing?

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
er, so it looks like my lunchtime is going to be used for eating then?

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I could hit the canyons over lunch. But a short ride up Golden Gate Canyon? :)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Konich.. how about riding Boulder Canyon instead.. over and down to Lyons ? :yes:....

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Whatever my baby wants! ;)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 11:58 AM
:makeout:... Do you want to meet along the way somewhere.. or just meet in Boulder ? Say around 5:00ish..

Mark, you in ?

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:00 PM
We have to go to Boulder? God Damn!

You know traffic is going to suck right?

Morrison sounds a lot more tempting, Mark will agree with me since he lives next to it! :)

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I could hit the canyons over lunch. But a short ride up Golden Gate Canyon? :)

yea, I forgot, last time I did coal creek, then boulder canyon on the way back, and it was still about 2 hours (hay, I am a beginner) :)

Maybe I should just work like I am supposed to? (damn responsibiility) and meet up with you guys for the evening ride? then do a late night jaunt down I70 for my weekend job?

~tommy

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
:wait: Morrison is fine... I have 15 minutes to spare...lol... meet at the Conoco ... say 4:30-4:45 ?

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I'm thinking more like 4:45-5:00 ish?

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:29 PM
:roll:.. ohhhhhkaaayy.......

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:30 PM
Morrison Conoco at 5 then?

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:31 PM
:roll:.. ohhhhhkaaayy.......

Oh, btw, damn your jiggly breasts, I haven't gotten anything done today with those bobbing about on my laptop screen :)

~tommy

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Yep, You riding full gear Sully? I rode to work So I have my jacket, back brace, helmet, and air jordan's :(

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I dunno... we'll see how I feel when I get home... I may just do the run nekkid... :eyebrows: :boobies: :drool:..... ha.. hells no !

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I might take off early and get my pants & boots then. :)

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I got the OK to get out of work early so I should be there around 4:30-4:45 Sully! ;)

Oh ya, you too Mark.

Player 2
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Damn, I was gonna be up for this if you were gonna ride north and back down to Lyons :cry:

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Dam I wish I had a tire ,I got no work but my front is to shagged to ride
I'm startin to jonez.
Have fun ya'll

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:10 PM
Jon you can still meet up with us...and ride North... :)

Konich...it's up to you whether or not you think you need your pants and boots.. :)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Dam I wish I had a tire ,I got no work but my front is to shagged to ride
I'm startin to jonez.
Have fun ya'll

So you "got no work".. and "front is too shagged to ride: ... so tell me.. what the hell are you doing ?? Get that front tire on :slap:.. !

Player 2
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Jon you can still meet up with us...and ride North... :)
I'll see if I can make Morrison by 5. Gotta run up to Boulder soon so I don't know if I'll have time. Will try...

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I'm off by 4 so we could head to boulder?

Maybe take the "backroads?"

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:22 PM
i will be there as close to 4:30 as I can, but I am doing Left Hand canyon in like a soon as I can get there :)

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:25 PM
i will be there as close to 4:30 as I can, but I am doing Left Hand canyon in like a soon as I can get there :)

So let me get this straight ---- you're going to the Morrison Conoco and then riding Left Hand Canyon as soon as you can?

Vehicle 1
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the club, and craving for a little riding...
I am up for the Friday (10/06) ride if that is cool. Seems like you are meeting at 5PM at the conoco between the town of Morrison and C470? If that is the case I would love to join you.:)

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Be there or be square! :)

josgraha
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Hello,
I'm newbie too, is the plan to leave morrison conoco at 5PM? What's the route? I'm thinking i can escape the grind for a quickie canyon ride.

BR_joe

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Be there BEFORE 5 so we can leave by 5 I would say. I'm leaving work at 4 so I should be there around 4:45 or so. There's a couple route's we could take if we wanted.

Up to Morrison, over to 285, etc. :)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:01 PM
who are you peeeepo ???? :lol:

Hey TommytheKid... uhhh... Left Hand Canyon... AND the Morrison Conoco... uhh... it's gonna be a long ride for ya bro... :wtf:

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:06 PM
You "in" sullly wully? :)

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Hell ya baby... I miss my sugahhhh... :yumyum:

rybo
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Hell ya baby... I miss my sugahhhh... :yumyum:

Sully,

I think you meant "hells ya", right?

Sully
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:11 PM
oh yes... my bad... :slap:... hells ya baby :hump:....... thanks Scott :lol:

McVaaahhh
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:31 PM
hmmmm, sounds like fun....

konichd
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:36 PM
You know you want to Brian! We can stunt back on 285 and I can show off my highchair wheelies! :)

McVaaahhh
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Yeah, but if you do your highchairs, I'll have to whip out the Christs, and that could be dangerous.

If Sully saw that she'd probably get all excited and crash. We really don't want that do we?

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 06:36 PM
No, I meant I was riding Left Had Canyon at 3, and had planned to be down in Morrison by 5:30, but must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. FUCKING TRAFFIC TOO! I should have made a left when I made a right at the end of Left Hand Canyon, that'll teach met to bring a map next time I am trying new roads. I had fully intended to meet up with you guys, I am sorry that I brain farted. I was rollling down 93 at 5:30 and decided to not even go to Morrison. (of course I had already been 120-ish miles) :)

Hope you guys had a good time!

***EDIT***

After looking at a map, I could have taken Hwy 7 from Lyons across and been there, GUH! OK I need a map that is not on maps.google.com :)

~tommy

So let me get this straight ---- you're going to the Morrison Conoco and then riding Left Hand Canyon as soon as you can?

Bueller
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Nice!

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 6th, 2006, 08:35 PM
No, I meant I was riding Left Had Canyon at 3, and had planned to be down in Morrison by 5:30, but must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. FUCKING TRAFFIC TOO! I should have made a left when I made a right at the end of Left Hand Canyon, that'll teach met to bring a map next time I am trying new roads. I had fully intended to meet up with you guys, I am sorry that I brain farted. I was rollling down 93 at 5:30 and decided to not even go to Morrison. (of course I had already been 120-ish miles) :)

Hope you guys had a good time!

~tommy

Tommy ---- PM me next Thursday and I'll ride the canyons west of Boulder with you. I can leave at a moments notice to crank some turns. Then we can go to Broomfield and raise HELL with the NM bunch. :twisted:

konichd
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks again to everyone who showed up this evening. Thanks Bueller for taking the lead on an excellent ride.

Sully....baby.....the wings at BW3's were good but I much rather have had a breast or two instead of wings. ;)

McVaaahhh
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 10:11 PM
That was a fun ride. A little chilly up there at Echo lake, but I loved the fact that we only passed 3 cars total I think.

Thanks for leading the pack Bueller, it's fun to watch you whip that 'tard around. :up:

I only got in a little trouble with the little lady. :D

Bueller
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Can't ask for to much more out of Squaw Pass, no traffic, no bicycles, no sand (except on the shoulders and pull outs :rock: ) and no fuckin' crashes. :lol:

Sniffin' Sully's U4 up the raceway didn't suck either.

Sully
Mon Oct 9th, 2006, 08:06 AM
:oops:...

Good ride today guys.. damn I love that parkway :hump:..... Hopefully it won't be one of the last good days to ride :( sniff sniff