PDA

View Full Version : timax textile jacket... anyone have one?

wicked 954 rr
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 12:15 AM
i'm looking to get a timax textile jacket... i love the style...seems to have mad protection....any thoughts?

KooLaid
Fri Mar 5th, 2004, 02:45 PM
The mesh or non mesh? Daniel "LoLo" Lopez has the mesh and it bunches up ALOT at his shoulder blades, but has belt loop snaps to prevent that. For mesh, I have the Joe Rocket "atomic" I believe, half leather, half mesh, with a removeable back protector/plate, shoulder/elbow cups/pad. Nice stuff.

wicked 954 rr
Sat Mar 6th, 2004, 02:46 AM
nope i was looking for the textile one...i hear it's more of an all weather type jacket. but thanks any info is helpful you never know how closely related the two might be

KooLaid
Sat Mar 6th, 2004, 11:15 AM
I mean bunches up alot at his mid back, between the shoulders, the material in the textile might be stiffer and prevent that. They seem ok, I'm just not fond of the style, personally.

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:08 AM
It bunches up because of my big muscles! http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/naka.gif :lol:

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Or it hunches up on ur back because of ur giant hump!

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Oh yeah Koolaid, click here and grab my finger> http://admin.mghost.net/~djgame/miscstuff/pullmyavatar.swf

wicked 954 rr
Wed Mar 10th, 2004, 01:20 AM
i hear coyote out on i-25 has then in stock...any confirmation on this?

TRIP ROGERS
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 07:31 PM
i just bought the neo daytona today at performance and they had a few of the timax on the rack but the sales guy was telling another customer about some problem with the durability of the material or something like that. i dunno, maybe just trying to sway him another way but thats what i heard.

Gramps
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 07:38 PM
i have no personal experience but...

i heard the timax stuff shreds in a crash, not very much protection at all

:dunno:

Wahooman
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM
I have a first gear speed jacket I will sell. They are nice textile jackets with leather elbow and shoulder. Its just a bit small for me otherwise I would keep it. I like the looks and it is cool in summer or put the liner in and it is warm ;) size medium...Blue/Black