PDA

View Full Version : anyone riding tomorrow/10-8?

jollyman78
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
as the title says... anyone ridin tomorrow?

TommyTheKid
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 10:11 PM
I am riding tomorrow (dressing warmly).

Golden, CO at 10AM near "The Spot" ? I guess? I only vaguely remember that conversation in the bar the other night :)

EDIT: This is a *non-csc* ride obviously.

~tommy

Player 2
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Nope, tearing the bike down for maint. tomorrow

suzinpink
Sat Oct 7th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry boys... on kid duty Sunday. Wish I could go, but you all have fun and take some pics! Weather supposed to warm up for next weekend... lets hope!!!!

jollyman78
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 11:05 AM
yea... I spent my morning cleaning up dog after a messy dog.

Maybe I'll get a chance to ride this afternoon

TommyTheKid
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 12:57 PM
We met in Golden, and rode Golden Gate Canyon, Peak-to-Peak, then Central City Raceway, then we were going along eastbound 40 along I70 and went over Lookout Mountain Rd. I had some fogging problems and I need to put away my summer gloves and get some "winter" ones if we are going to continue to do stuff like that :)

Other than some minor frustrations with fog, and some finger coldness, it was a nice ride.

~tommy

schnorbitz
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 01:21 PM
We met in Golden, and rode Golden Gate Canyon, Peak-to-Peak, then Central City Raceway, then we were going along eastbound 40 along I70 and went over Lookout Mountain Rd. I had some fogging problems and I need to put away my summer gloves and get some "winter" ones if we are going to continue to do stuff like that :)

Other than some minor frustrations with fog, and some finger coldness, it was a nice ride.

~tommy

I did that ride today as well but the opposite way round, also went through Deer Creek Canyon. As an Englishman I know the telltale signs of a cold day so it was winter gloves and a zip top over the leathers. Plus a neck warmer made for a reasonably toastie ride.

pilot
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Four of us rode out from the Morrison Conoco. I got there around 9:15 a.m. I checked with the staff and they said that no one else had been by (true or not?). We took US 40/6 up through to Georgetown. On the way back down by G-town lake I got a call from 1oftheBoyz who was driving back from Snowmass. She saw us riding on the side road. Hooked up for lunch. All-in-all a good ride-not to cold.

Here comes the snow:(