PDA

View Full Version : Fay Myers bike buying experience

BigE
Sun Oct 8th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Hey all, I have heard quite a bit of complaining about Fays so just wanted to throw this out.
About three or four weeks ago I decided to trade in my 250R and get a 450 for SuMo, one of the guys who raced earlier this year is Bryan the internet sales manager, so I stopped by after our CSBA meeting (another plus for them is free meeting space in the clubhouse) to see what they had.
Well, a couple of weeks later I ended up getting a bike from them. I went down there after being up all night at work the night before, not exactly the best way to go make a bike deal.
So, I get this bike and bring it home and start converting to supermoto and found a few things wrong that kind of bummed me out, just the bike was not as I thought. There was nothing deceptive on Fays end of the deal just I was too tired and missed some things.
Anyway, last week I got an email from Bryan checking how the bike was doing (another plus, follow-up customer service). I sent him back an honest opinion of how I felt. A couple of days later we have worked out pretty much all the issues I had with the bike.
I am very impressed that I did not get a "well, ya bought a used dirt bike, that's what ya get" response but genuine concern regarding my bike and buying experience.
A big :up:to Fay Myers and Bryan Penney.

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 11:28 PM
it's reassuring hearing something good about Fay's. Wonder if I'll get the same courtesy (doubt it).

BigE
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Hey read about your problems in the other post. I'd talk to the GM like a couple of other said. I also know one of the service guys so if you want I can try finding out anything he knows about your bike?

racedk6
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM
yeah I also know a couple people behind the scenes over there. It really depends on who you talk to to get your shit done right.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 26th, 2006, 08:51 AM
yeah I also know a couple people behind the scenes over there. It really depends on who you talk to to get your shit done right.

It shouldn't have to be that way. Consistency throughout the shop should be the norm. I'm glad I don't do bidness Wit dem.

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Oct 26th, 2006, 12:19 PM
^ +1

albinohickey
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 01:04 PM
I swear it was a year of visiting Faye before someone even talked to me.

V-Twin Villain
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM
I have had bad luck a few times trying to buy bikes from them. The last time I walked into that place with $7,500 cash in my back pocket and no one even looked at me. It took me a while before I got pissed and flopped the cash on the sale manager desk and ask what it takes to get noticed around here! He jumped out of his chair like it was on fire. Maybe next time I should walk in with a credit score tattooed to my head. I jerked his chain for awhile, and bailed. I would rather buy from some place that has customer S.E.R.V.I.C.E. Noval ideal, I know. I'm glad to hear someone can get them to work for them.

kiteserfer
Sat Nov 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM
I have had bad luck a few times trying to buy bikes from them. The last time I walked into that place with $7,500 cash in my back pocket and no one even looked at me. It took me a while before I got pissed and flopped the cash on the sale manager desk and ask what it takes to get noticed around here! He jumped out of his chair like it was on fire. Maybe next time I should walk in with a credit score tattooed to my head. I jerked his chain for awhile, and bailed. I would rather buy from some place that has customer S.E.R.V.I.C.E. Noval ideal, I know. I'm glad to hear someone can get them to work for them.
I couldn't agree with you more!!!!!!!!!! I have given them the opportunity to compete for my business three times......all three times I was either ignored or floated a low ball price only to have a plethora of add on's that increased the price by 30%. When someone tells me they bought their bike from Fay, I automatically know they've been swindled and/or have no negotiating skills.:scream1:

Jason ON
Thu Nov 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM
I bought my SV from Fay because a friend of mine knew the sales manager ove there and they gave me a good deal compared to other local shops. I had cash and was ready to buy. We settled on an OTD price but when I came to get the bike, they added a plethora of "extras" onto it. I was so pissed! When all was said and done, I could've saved $500 by driving down to the Springs.

mdub
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 07:54 PM
they're ok....pretty good selection....almost bought my bike there....got a better deal at aurora honda.....plus the bike was still in the crate....spankin new....

Bueller
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 07:58 PM
wow really? 2006.

~Barn~
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Holy tape delay, Batman.

= Buckeye Jess =
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 08:00 PM
lol... yup

Wrider
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Talk about bad lag...

Spongebutt
Thu Nov 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
I've bought a few thing from them. My favorite was the spun bearing that they sold me in a new box. Wasted two days with that one.

Spiderman
Fri Nov 5th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Locked. No need to revive a 4 year old thread.

:horse: