PDA

View Full Version : Lowering 2003 XR 100

Husky
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Anyone have any tips on lowering a 03 XR 100. I know what your thinking, "what the hell" those are little bikes already. But my wife is veritically chanllenged at being only 5' tall. So trying to find some way to lower the bike besides cutting down the foam on the seat.

Thanks

Buddau
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
What the hell?! J/K
Have you tried raising the forks?
Try asking at www.thumpertalk.com (http://www.thumpertalk.com)
Look for the XR section. Those guys are good!

Husky
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks Buddah, I'll give them guys a holler

dallas
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 07:51 AM
You can also turn the collars down on the rear shock, but then it probably won't be set to her "race sag".

I think they make lowering linkages for the rear suspension that have little effect on the performance of the rear suspension.

BHeth
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I'm not familiar with the bike, so I looked at some pics. It looks like it uses standard dogbones to connect the swingarm? Any idea how long they are? Reason I ask is I fitted shorter ones to my unit and I have the originals kicking around. They're 165mm eye to eye with 12mm holes. They may be way too long (or wrong bolt size) but if you want them you're welcome to have them.

Otherwise there's this cat on ebay that makes bones for Busas. I contacted him once and he said he can make any length you want with 12mm holes. If you're interested I'll see if I can find him. As I recall they were pretty cheap. $15 or something like that.

Husky
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the good tips.

Hey BHeth,
I'll take you up on that offer on the dog bones. With alittle tweaking I may be able to make them work

Thanks

BHeth
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 05:41 PM
PM sent.