PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto section

Pages : 1 [2] 3

eklew
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Eklew, The 50 Madness ontinues...

I got the rear brake all hooked up, your bracket will be finished tomorrow, and I have an extra brake lever waiting for you. You will just need to get a brake cable ($5 at Wally-World) Just swing on by tomorrow - Yeah Right, Just Kidding!! Whenever you want to come over just give me a buzz.

Sweet dude!!! I guess you were busy tinkering around during the snow!!! Did you get any scooter tires yet?? oh yeah, I guess I would be a re-tard, hahaha, since I will be switching from dirt to motard. We gotta hook up soon and ride the fiddys!!!

Joe
Fri Dec 29th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Not Just Tinkering... I busted out of the garage and hit the streets today! (I don't feel so guilty about "breaking the law" since NOBODY was out today) I'm glad I haven't gotten scooter tires yet, otherwise I wouldn't have stood a chance. I got my donuts perfected, and was actually able to stay upright most of the time on the unplowed streets. The neighbor kids got on the front and I took them around a bit as well. Not a small feat when one of them weighs as much as my bike!

Bueller
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 01:17 PM
A guy just posted this over on SMJ. Can't WAIT!
http://media.putfile.com/super-moto-i-m-i

krod
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 01:33 PM
Looks like #19 is the guy to beat.

Bueller
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 01:36 PM
He is the guy with the YZ for sale. http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=25362

The race I went to, he carried some hardware home with him.
He finished 3rd in Open and Middle wght. Archie finished ahead of him in both and I think Jeff Grace is #161. He won both classes.

Filo
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 01:52 PM

Maybe for you and Bueller #19 is the guy to beat. For me it would be pretty much anyone on the grid would be the guy to beat. Hopefully I will have one race where I am not dead last...

Bueller
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 01:57 PM
Just noticed he is the one who posted the video, so the coverage might be a bit biased ;)

Polar X
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 04:02 PM
So where is that track? is that IMI?

Bueller
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 04:03 PM
So where is that track? is that IMI?
Yup

Bueller
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 05:23 PM
Although we generally don't like the karts, this looks like a fun one.
Aprilia V-Twin Kart (http://www.spyy.ca/V-Twin_Superkart.mpg)

Turn up the sub on your surround sound :)

BigE
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 05:26 PM
Haven't peaked at the video yet and I can't remember his name but the guy racing #19 is one of the faster guys in RMS. He has a couple bud's who share another bike and they're pretty good too.
Dalton Dimick is the fastest guy in the club (with like Nat.#4 or something go figure!), Jeff Grace is probably next with Archie and Stuart, um, I think, Spencer...I think he's been out there when y'all have been practicing he's #21 iirc and has the Excel box van...anyway, there are some fast guys out there.
I got the news that I also tore my ACL and meniscus in my lil turkey weekend crash so I will not be coming out to show how slow I am. My kiddo still wants to race though so I should be around and maybe do a few mini classes with the boy.

krod
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 09:13 PM
Dave want to start a team and get serious about this season?
Shane is running the sportsmans class. Need a 250 class and a 450 class. I have a fuel sponsor lined up going to supply two 55gal drums of MS 105L.

Bueller
Mon Jan 1st, 2007, 07:47 AM
Sounds like a plan, I'd be in for that, Is Shane gonna roll on his CR fi-honey of your DRZ? I think he might get tossed after a couple of wins on that CR.
:shocked:

krod
Mon Jan 1st, 2007, 10:26 AM
I think he is to quick for the sportsman class but he likes that old CR. After he gets the boot he will be on the DRZ.

krod
Mon Jan 1st, 2007, 07:12 PM
This proves my theory that KTM'S are faster.:D

Bueller
Mon Jan 1st, 2007, 07:31 PM
I hope his bike stays running while he's up there.:)

krod
Mon Jan 1st, 2007, 07:45 PM
:lol: Touche

krod
Tue Jan 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
I see your looking at a KTM Bueller.............

Bueller
Wed Jan 3rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
I don't know what your talking about :lol:
A momentary lapse, I'll just stick with the Yami.

Filo
Wed Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:25 AM
Dave want to start a team and get serious about this season?
Shane is running the sportsmans class. Need a 250 class and a 450 class. I have a fuel sponsor lined up going to supply two 55gal drums of MS 105L.

Hey, what about me???? I have a 250! Want a slow guy on the team?

Bueller
Wed Jan 3rd, 2007, 06:24 PM
Hey, what about me???? I have a 250! Want a slow guy on the team?
Can you make more than one race? Will you be willing to make us all a sammich, and fetch some cold drinks? :drink:

krod
Wed Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:24 PM
You must also highside at least once. Then you can hang out with the cool guys.

Filo
Wed Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:36 PM
OK, here is the deal. I can make more than one race (2>1, right?), I can fetch the sammichs as long as you pay, same for the cold drinks. I will high side on dirt for you (already have) but would rather not on pavement...

I will just start my own team - the Sh*t Talking Under Powered Intellectual Dirt Flinging Uber Cycle Kings. So there :D

Bueller
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 05:37 PM
Intellectual? :drink:

Got the YZ back together and fired up today http://www.smileytown.com/application/content/exct0002.gif

Got my catch cans worked out, hopefully. The ones from APA seemed a little pricey.

Fuel, Crankcase and coolant.

Filo
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Intellectual?

Go through the whole team name. Make an acronym out of it. You'll get my point.

Where did you get the catch can stuff, the job site? Actually, where did you get the tubing?

Bueller
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 07:11 PM
See, you're way smarter than you think I am.

Home and work, and the heatshield stuff from TK. Tubing is mostly what came with the bike but I bought 10' (clear) from NAPA for $.77 a ft. Performance had the blue stuff for $9 for 6'

krod
Sat Jan 6th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Go through the whole team name. Make an acronym out of it. You'll get my point.

:lol:

krod
Tue Jan 9th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Anyone know who is on the 161 bike? Is it Dimick?

Bueller
Wed Jan 10th, 2007, 05:28 AM
:dunno:

krod
Wed Jan 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Shit its Eddie's AMA rider.

Bueller
Thu Jan 11th, 2007, 05:14 AM
You weren't planning on winning anything were you? :lol:

irdave
Thu Jan 11th, 2007, 07:55 AM
This is all sounding more and more interesting, in all kinds of ways.

And here's a tip- Dalton looks to be riding green this year... And seems to be a really nice kid.

BigE
Thu Jan 11th, 2007, 09:30 AM
161 is Jeff Grace and yes, he can ride pretty good ;).
Dalton is 909 and I don't think anyone on this board could consistantly beat him if at all. I've seen him start last row, let the rest of the class get about a half lap headstart and still have an easy win, the kid is FAST. I hope since he's on green this year means he got picked up with some sponsorship for the nationals, that would be way cool!

krod
Thu Jan 11th, 2007, 08:37 PM
You weren't planning on winning anything were you? :lol:

There's always the sportsman class:( . I have been on the track with Dalton and yes he is fast. Most likely he will be at the national level and won't have time to play with my slow ass. Looks like Bueller and I will be spending alot of time trading paint.:turtle:

Bueller
Fri Jan 12th, 2007, 05:15 AM
That'd be cool, if we're team mates we're supposed to take each other out, aren't we?

BigE
Fri Jan 12th, 2007, 11:54 AM
That'd be cool, if we're team mates we're supposed to take each other out, aren't we?

Well you could buy my CRF and get repsol colors for it then you'd be on the right team for it!
:lol:

krod
Sat Jan 13th, 2007, 02:52 PM
I say we go to Arizonia next weekend so we can ride.

Bueller
Sat Jan 13th, 2007, 03:33 PM
I say we go to Arizonia next weekend so we can ride.
Got a plan?

Bueller
Sat Jan 13th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Vas ju no 'bout das zupa moto?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2373437381983248711

eklew
Sat Jan 13th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Good find Bueller!!! Someone needs to translate that shit. I understood donuts and zupa moto, hahaha. 50 cent should be impressed!

Bueller
Sun Jan 14th, 2007, 08:07 AM
das is vun hand shtopee
das is goodboyz

Dysco
Sun Jan 14th, 2007, 10:22 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=knLMcSGHgmA

You're welcome.

(I keep a version with better quality on my desktop here at work for the bad days)

Bueller
Sun Jan 14th, 2007, 10:28 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=knLMcSGHgmA

You're welcome.

(I keep a version with better quality on my desktop here at work for the bad days)
Too short! :p

Bueller
Sun Jan 14th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Motomaster Brake (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MotoMaster-Supermoto-Race-Brake-Kit-YZ-YZF-98-04-NIB_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQihZ012QQitem Z220069750966QQrdZ1) kits on eBay. This is for the Yami but he has others for Honda and others. This is pretty damn cheap for NIB

krod
Mon Jan 15th, 2007, 08:11 PM
Anyone hear from RMS on the schedule yet?

Filo
Tue Jan 16th, 2007, 09:55 AM
I haven't heard anything - schedule, rule book, license app, nothing. I figure they will get to it when they get to it...

Bueller
Tue Jan 16th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Holy shit a post from Filo!

Dysco
Wed Jan 17th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Anyone hear from RMS on the schedule yet?

Anyone taking any bets on the typos in the schedule?

krod
Sun Jan 28th, 2007, 10:14 PM
Who sells michelin supermoto tires? I have looked all over the net. There not listed on the Michelin site either.:banghead:

Bueller
Mon Jan 29th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Vanmar Racing
Mark Schellinger
(303) 944-0333
Let me know what he says.

krod
Tue Jan 30th, 2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.snvsupermoto.com/stateline2007.htm. Anyone up for this?

Bueller
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 05:28 AM
I would like to, but my racing budget will be limited to the RMS events.
Did you get a hold of Mark an Vanmar?

krod
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 01:05 PM
Racing budget? Do what I did take a second out on your house:cry:. Havn't talker to Mark yet but am planning on it.

BigE
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM
Who sells michelin supermoto tires? I have looked all over the net. There not listed on the Michelin site either.:banghead:

Matt (Club Prez.) distributes them for Mark and has them at the RMS races.

Racing budget? Do what I did take a second out on your house:cry:. Havn't talker to Mark yet but am planning on it.

I was wondering how you were buying all those new SM toys! :lol:

krod
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 08:02 PM
Just kidding. I made my wife get a second job.

BigE
Wed Jan 31st, 2007, 09:02 PM
:spit:

I just figured you were independently wealthy.

krod
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:24 PM
Is there a husky dealer in co?

Bueller
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
I think Grand Junction or Gunnison, why you jumping?

krod
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 09:18 PM
Gave the DR to the wife need a street tard. I like the look of the husky.

BigE
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
From the Husky site:
Colorado
Grand Valley Powersports
2865 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
Phone: 970-263-4600
Fax: 970-243-4638
Web: www.gvpowersports.com (http://www.gvpowersports.com/)
Email: sales@gvpowersports.com

Those are sweet!

krod
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Fricken expensive. You still have your 450? How are thing healing up?

BigE
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:19 PM
Still have it but's it's for sale. Ya need a spare? :lol: Actually, ought to swap you or Bueller for one of your DRZ's, hmm??? :lol:
Had ACL surgery couple of weeks ago, started PT on it and it's doing alright.
Big news, no more hard casts! Now have an Aircast boot that I get to wear for the next month when I'm out and about but don't have to wear it at home. Workin' on getting some range of motion back in my ankle too.
Actually goin' back to work on Monday, my "drive the wifey crazy" vacation is over! Well, that's not really true, it's not a vaca, it's life! :D
Anyway, short version is the ankle bones are healing instead of dying, thanks Lord!, so I'm non-weightbearing another month and then will get more xray's.

Bueller
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Can't give up my DRZ or then I'd be like Krod and have to go find a new Street Tard, Husky sounds good :lol:

krod
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 08:29 PM
The reason I got away from sportbikes was to save money. I need a new hobby.:banghead: The ktm on the MRA board is still for sale he sent me some pics looks like a possibilty. I like the husky but a little expensive and I can't find any used ones.

Bueller
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 05:23 AM
You could street your 525 and get the 450 for racing :idea:

That's a lot of maintenance :cry:

krod
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 09:59 PM
My frickin 525 is still torn down. HT racing takes forever to get parts. Found a 625smc for 4000.00 but has high miles.

Bueller
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 05:20 AM
KTM sucks

BigE
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 07:53 PM
So either of you know anyone looking for a bike? I am hoping to get mine finally back together on friday. It'll be in MX trim but available as a package deal with the sumo wheels.
Krod, haven't you had enuff Kaboom problems? :lol:

krod
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Fricken Natzi bike. :slap: You would think a 6800.00 dollar SM bike would last longer than 10 hours without problems.:banghead: Got it worked out though. Installed Japanese wiring and CDI unit. Complete motor overhaul with aftermarket parts (if ht racing ever decides to ship the parts). How much you looking to get for your CRF in sm trim?

krod
Wed Feb 7th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Bueller.... Talked to Mark today trying to get a price on 4 sets of Michelin sm tires soft front and med rear. Wan't to go in on it?

BigE
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 09:26 AM
I've been asking $4500 with everything I have for it, that's the bike with both wheelsets and a bunch of extras. I've got about $5k in it so I'm not wanting to lose too much $.

On a side note, I want Chris to sell his KTM but also wanted you to know it has a bunch of new parts for a reason. ;) 'course it might match your 525 from the sounds of it. :p :lol:

Badhabit
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Krod, there are always a bunch of SMCs on supermotojunkie and ebay for around $4 - 5k with low miles. While KTM isn't exactly known for their reliability I've only had very minor problems with mine - I keep having to replace lightbulbs - constantly. Otherwise, its the best bike I've ever had and the LC4 motor is built for longer mileage than the 525. I'll always be buying new bikes but I'm going to ride this one until it turns to dust! 4 grand is a bargain in terms of fun/$.

Bueller
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Bueller.... Talked to Mark today trying to get a price on 4 sets of Michelin sm tires soft front and med rear. Wan't to go in on it?
Probably, are the 4 sets for you + what I would want or do you want to split the 4 sets?

krod
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM
Krod, there are always a bunch of SMCs on supermotojunkie and ebay for around $4 - 5k with low miles. While KTM isn't exactly known for their reliability I've only had very minor problems with mine - I keep having to replace lightbulbs - constantly. Otherwise, its the best bike I've ever had and the LC4 motor is built for longer mileage than the 525. I'll always be buying new bikes but I'm going to ride this one until it turns to dust! 4 grand is a bargain in terms of fun/$.

I know I have been keeping a eye on the forum. My 525 hasn't had any major problems except a bad harness I just like tweeking on things.With all the engine upgrades hoping to get close to 70hp.:crazy:

krod
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Probably, are the 4 sets for you + what I would want or do you want to split the 4 sets?

Talked to him again today. Retail is 375.0 a set. Said if we buy bulk he would get us a better deal. 2 sets each. I am hoping they last longer than sportbike tires. Will get a confirmed price late next week.

Badhabit
Fri Feb 9th, 2007, 02:26 PM
I know I have been keeping a eye on the forum. My 525 hasn't had any major problems except a bad harness I just like tweeking on things.With all the engine upgrades hoping to get close to 70hp.:crazy:

70 would be wild in a light bike like the 525! I've seen some claims of over 80hp from 525 motors but those were basically factory rides. I should be getting about 50 to the wheel with the SMC right now but I'm really lusting after the 709 + rally cam kit $$$$.

For the moment I've settled for dropping 4 teeth on the front sprocket, I haven't had it out yet but I'm thinking that the front tire will be mostly for looks at that point.

Bueller
Fri Feb 9th, 2007, 03:48 PM
For the moment I've settled for dropping 4 teeth on the front sprocket,

Holy crap -4 on the front? That is huge, what was stock? Remember when you go small up front it is harder on your chain. That is about the equivalent of +12 in the rear, that is a stunna setup :lol:
You will also increase the frequency of your shifting.

Badhabit
Fri Feb 9th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I went from a 17 to a 13... It was really an accident since for some reason I had it in my head that the stock sprocket was a 15. Anyway, I was running IMI basically in 2nd gear except for the back straight when I would hit 3rd near the end. 2nd would run out on me too early on the front stretch by the pits but too late to upshift effectively going into the fast corner. Anyway the idea was to shift more often but I'm not sure how the 13 will work out. Good thing sprockets are cheap!

If its cold as fuck out, the track is closed, the canyons are suicidal, and you're only going to ride for 10 min anyway "stunna" is the way to go!

Alot of people are running the 14, but I haven't found anyone else that has dropped 4 on the SMC.

BigE
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Well, finally got the 4fiddy back into one piece!
Now it's officially for sale/trade. I'll post in the 4 sale sect.
So if anyone knows someone looking for a bike I'd appreciate a bump for this!
Thanks gang :up:

Bueller
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM
What's with the front # plate? Gonna have to use hanging #'s? :lol:

Bueller
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 05:19 PM
BTW Performance has the Sidi ForceFlex boots on sale for $275, they have the replaceable sole, I had to order the supermoto sole they only had 45-46 size in stock. These are the step below the Crossfires that are going for $400. These were orig. $350

krod
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Shit I am going broke with all this sm crap.:shocked:

BigE
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 10:19 PM
What's with the front # plate? Gonna have to use hanging #'s? :lol:
It's vented so ya go faster!!!

:slap:

I guess it does look like nothing is there but it's a Cycra vented plate. I just had regular #plate back ground and numbers stuck on it.

Bueller
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 04:51 PM
IMI is open (asphalt).

That is all.

Bueller
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 07:58 PM
The way this weather is going, there isn't a lot of drying up going on at VDR so I doubt the Hare Scramble is going to happen, but the forecast for Sunday looks to break 50 deg. So at this point I think it is SuperMoto track time!

krod
Wed Feb 14th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Maybe if I get the kaboom back together

Bueller
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Can't decide if the Hare Scramble is going to be worth it tomorrow, or if the mud is going to fug it up. The Supermoto track should be in good shape though.
Anyone headed to IMI tomorrow?

Rode quads at Rampart today so I'll be a bit sore in the morning too.

Bertha
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 09:02 PM
How was rampart? rideable by bike?

krod
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Finished building the KTM motor last night. Took half the day today to get her back together after kicking for at least an hour fucking thing wouldn't start:banghead: . Checked the valve lash it was good. Did a compression test (just in case I broke a ring) It was good. Tore the top end off again to check the timing it was good. Has good spark also. Put a cap full of fuel down the plug hole kick it about 20 times and it fired up. Put it all back together and Guess what NO start again. So now I am getting pissed off pulled the plug again dumped more fuel in the hole fired her back up and let her run for 10 min or so. Turned it off let it cool down now she runs great starts on the first kick.:dunno:

Bueller
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 06:58 AM
blah......blah.........blah.....I ride a KTM
Still doesn't answer the question, are you planning to go? :)

How was rampart? rideable by bike?

NO! We were getting the quads stuck on the trail, the road was fine but I don't think a bike would do very well, even "screwed up".

krod
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krod
blah......blah.........blah.....I ride a KTM

:doublefinger: So do you. :)

Would like to but still need to take it to bart to get it broke in.

Bueller
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Guess I'll take the KTM up to IMI and ride the dirt (mud) and see if I can work on jetting.

krod
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 05:02 PM
Fuckin KTM went out this moring to fire it up Guess what? No start. Come to find out the Hole for the autodecomp in the cam was just a little big and was not allowing the valve to fully seat. Took the autodecomp out bike frickin rips.

Bueller
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 05:53 PM
How's kickin' now? Bit of struggle to get past TDC?
I went to IMI this afternoon and got the jetting almost perfect, need a leaner needle.

Looped it out in one of my wheelies, OUCH! Old guys aren't supposed to do the splits, Bueller walks funny now. Fuck KTM!

krod
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 06:32 PM
It still has the manual decomp. Think your sore now wait untill tommorow.lol How was the track?

Bueller
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Yeah I know, I will hear about it at work, they already think I am nuts.

Track was rideable and there was a lot of rideable area around there, but you could still find as much mud as you could want. And that shit is sticky.

Buddau
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM
You were at IMI today? I thought you would have been at the VDR Hare Scramble.
Instead you are looping a KTM? HAHAHA!
I think I got the WR dialed in. Thanks to Bart at TK Motorsports for some small parts.

Bueller
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Figured the mud would still be prevelant after some of the posts on TT and KTMTalk, and since I really haven't had a chance to really ride it yet, I wanted to make sure everything was good on it and the jetting wasn't quite right. Now it rips and nothing fell off (except me) so I will try for the H/S next weekend. You ready Rich? http://home.comcast.net/~bueller999/images/animated/pokey.gif

Buddau
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm, I'll get back to you about next weekend.
Ya know, I have not ridden since late November. I need to ride! :turtle:

krod
Wed Feb 28th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Anyone up for IMI on sunday? The weather looks good

Bueller
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 05:07 AM
Anyone up for IMI on sunday? The weather looks good
I'll probably be there, I thought they were doing the H/S but that isn't until the 11th

Buddau
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Oh good the H/S is on the 11th. I will be at IMI gettin muddy. Gotta try out the jetting.
R U going to be stricktly motard Sunday?

Bueller
Thu Mar 1st, 2007, 03:38 PM
Prolly bring both

Bueller
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Krod you coming? Bringing any of that race fuel, would be nice to see how the bikes run on it.

Joe
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 05:42 PM
Eklew,
Swung by about 1-ish, but you weren't there (or just not answering the door because you saw it was me). Nothing important, just making some small trips on the BigRedPig. Everything is working great, but when I started it last night, it would only run with the choke on, until I realized that I forgot which direction my choke needed to go. I guess the good news is that there weren't any extra parts or bolts. Always amazing when something that I work on still works when I'm done!

Hopefully next weekend will be even warmer, then I'll have to work on the rest of my chickenstripes.

Later

eklew
Sun Mar 4th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Joe, you should have called me, oh well. I was out running erands and stuff. Glad to hear you got your bike running again. Once I plate the 250r, we can go be hooligans around town.

krod
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 08:48 PM
I should have the KTM back tommorow. The weather looks great for this sunday.

Bueller
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 09:03 PM
My slicks are done, gotta get the new ones mounted before I ride again, probably going to do the Hare Scramble Sunday.

krod
Tue Mar 6th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Got the bike back from Bart today. Right at 59hp with vortex set on map 9. The vortex10x Cdi works pretty good. Different maps for wet or dry conditions.

krod
Fri Mar 9th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Change your mind about sunday yet Bueller?

Bueller
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Not yet, thought about it a bit, but I didn't change the tires. I will probably get the toy hauler out and camp at VDR. Should be interesting.

Jayrz
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Guys,,,,

I have a 2003 CRF450 and I need a Supermoto setup, wheels, brake etc.

If you know of anyone selling off the supermoto setup from their dirtbike please PM me....

Jay

krod
Sat Mar 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Talk to bigE he has a 450 for sale may part with his sm setup.

Bueller
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Who went? On the Sumo's that is.

krod
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Was there all day with the KTM. There were a couple sm bikes, a few DRZ's and a shit load of sportbikes.

Filo
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM
I just got back from Daytona, so I missed it. Next time I will have new tires though. First race is 4/1. Anyone seen their license yet?

Badhabit
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 09:00 AM
I was there Sunday but didn't get there until about 2pm. I was feeling good on the SMC, carrying alot more corner speed than before.

Krod, I was right behind you coming on to the straight and you just plain left - that motor is the shit!

Bueller
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
Anyone seen their license yet?

Nope :(

Looks like this Sunday is going to be great weather again, who's going? I just gotta get my new tires on.

krod
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 09:10 PM
I guess if bueller is going I will do the hare scramble.(teammate) lol We need to get this race team thing going I will talk with you on sunday. Got any extra race tires fore sale? Mark and I have been playing phone tag and mine are shot.

BigE
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the referal Krod :up:
Jayrz, I pm'd ya and am back online at home.

Krod and Bueller have fun at the scrambles! I'm 'bout to rig up a heel/toe shift on one of the bikes so I can ride again! I miss the snow, ride fever wasn't as bad then :(!

Badhabit
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 09:22 AM
I think I'll make it out again Sunday and maybe a weekday or two next week. Anybody want the job of teaching me proper supermoto form/riding position?

I know I'm too far back on the seat but thats just where my fat ass settles.

I see everyone else "elbows up" in the corners. What's the benefit here?

For the most part when I'm cornering "leg out" its just to get my foot out from under the bike so I can lean more but I rarely put my foot down to any benefit. Is the foot just there to save you?

Bueller
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
I guess if bueller is going I will do the hare scramble.(teammate) lol We need to get this race team thing going I will talk with you on sunday. Got any extra race tires fore sale? Mark and I have been playing phone tag and mine are shot.

Hahaha nice :lol:
Sorry I just have the one set of slicks I'm putting on, was hoping my others would have lasted 'till race season started but no.
I do have the set of Pilot Powers for the DRZ that I haven't mounted but it is a 150 rear.

You still haven't mentioned if the race gas is avilable for testing. :fire:

krod
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 08:18 PM
The fuel has not yet been purchased. I have the company CC and am buying 10 gallon's from TK on saturday.

Bueller
Tue Mar 13th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Can ya chg. up some tires too? :lol:

krod
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Got some decent take off's from ChrisFuller. What time are you heading out Dave? Going to pick up some fuel in the morning and a sun shade. I should be out there sunday around 10:00 or so.

Bueller
Fri Mar 16th, 2007, 08:21 PM
I'll try to be there 10 - 10:30, I have an EZ-UP I'll bring too.

krod
Sat Mar 17th, 2007, 11:25 PM
:scream1: %^*&^%$$. So I go to change my tires out get the rear one installed and the belt is broken tear it back off and go to install a new one and tore a hole in the tube. You would think a professional mechanic would be smart enough NOT to bust the bead on a tire using a fuckin screwdriver. Anyone have a spare inner tube ya can sell me? :(

Bueller
Sun Mar 18th, 2007, 06:56 AM
Don't have one spare, but I have a bunch of patches. Take the tube out of your wifes bike.

Bueller
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
How many 'tards going Sun?
Looks like plenty of backmarkers are planning top show. :lol:

Lurch
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:33 PM
If I show can I ride someones tard?

Lurch

Bueller
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 05:52 PM
I could put you on the DRZ. Sort of a bear on a bicycle look :lol:

You can do some laps on the YZ if you want.
I'll bring 'em both up with me.

Lurch
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 08:40 PM
I could put you on the DRZ. Sort of a bear on a bicycle look :lol:

You can do some laps on the YZ if you want.
I'll bring 'em both up with me.

girl at Mountain View>>>"So what size bike is he riding?"

pit crew>>>"That would be a GSXR 1000"

girl>>>"Oh it looked like a 250"

True story so I'm used to it.

Lurch

Filo
Fri Mar 23rd, 2007, 08:57 PM
Don't do it Doug. You'll be out there racing sumo in no time and there will be someone else lapping me. If I make it on Sunday you can borrow the 250. It is very unlikely I will be there this weekend though.

Bueller
Sat Mar 24th, 2007, 09:21 PM
If I make it on Sunday you can borrow the 250. It is very unlikely I will be there this weekend though.

Pull up your skirt and get your ass down there, you need to take the saftey class anyway.

I have both bikes packed up and will try for 10:00 or so. It'll take a bit for the track to dry up. Hopefully the ride-ins don't drag mud on the track :(

Buddau
Sat Mar 24th, 2007, 09:58 PM
Will the rest of you pull up your skirts and do the VDR Hare Scramble April 22?
I am planning on it, so is my 12 year old son in his 1st motorcycle race.
Common, grow some knobbies. :slappers:

Bueller
Sat Mar 24th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Get out of our smooth tire section!

Buddau
Sat Mar 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Mmwhahaha!

krod
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 10:12 PM
So Lurch did ya stop and pick up a SM on the way home?:) There ulgy but fun as hell.

Lurch
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 07:27 AM
So Lurch did ya stop and pick up a SM on the way home?:) There ulgy but fun as hell.

I have to thank whoever put in bluelaws that don't allow motor cycle sales on Sundays. That is all...

Bueller
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 04:08 PM
And luckily most dealerships are closed on Monday, good cool down period :lol:

(Fays open on Mondays now)

Bueller
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 06:58 PM
As if everyone that watches this thread doesn't already know, but Rocky Mnt. Supermoto round 1 is this Sunday 4/1 at IMI.

I'm getting excited, just hope we work the tire situation out :shocked:
Damn I gotta run 3 heats out of the first 4

Raceday Schedule

Signup ………………………………................7:00am - 8:00am

Tech………………………………....................7:00am - 8:00am

Rider’s Meeting……………………..….……. 7:45am

Practice Starts …………………..…………....8:15am sharp!
Slow/ P Mini..…………………….....................15 Min
Fast………..………………………....................15 Min
Colorado ……………………………….............10 Min
Slow/P Mini……………………….....................10 Min
Fast……….……………….………....................10 Min
Colorado ……………………………….............10 Min
Mini ………………………………....................10 Min

Heat Races Start …………………..…………..9:45am Sharp!
Heat 1, Novice/Middleweight ………………….5-7 Min
Heat 2, Adult/Youth Mini ………………………5-7 Min
Heat 3, 30+ ………………………………..........5-7 Min
Heat 4, Colorado ………………………………..5-7 Min
Heat 5, Sportsman/Premier Mini ……………….5-7 Min
Heat 6, Lightweight …………………………….5-7 Min
Heat 7, Open ………………………………........5-7 Min

Break

Main Event Group 1 Start ……………………11:00am Sharp!
Main 1, Sportsman/Premier Mini………………..8-10 Min
Main 2, 30+ ………………………………..........8-10 Min
Main 3, Adult/Youth Mini ………………………8-10 Min
Main 4, Open ………………………………........14-16 Min

Break

Main Event Group 2 Start …………………….12:15pm Sharp!
Main 5, Colorado ………………………………..8-10 Min
Main 6, Lightweight ……………………………..8-10 Min
Main 7, Novice ………………………………......8-10 Min
Main 8, Middleweight ……………………………14-16 Min

Trophy Presentation ……………………………1:30pm

krod
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Nver mind I can't read to well. I hope the tires will be available or I am running on sv tires.

krod
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Fuckin had it with KTM I just did the motor 3 weeks ago , checked the valve lash tonight and was at .002. No wonder the thing did not like to start. After this weekend's race fuckin thing is going by by. Anyone know who has the new Kx450f in stock?

Buddau
Wed Mar 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Good luck guys. :up:

Bueller
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 05:27 AM
This snow oughta make things interesting

krod
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 08:54 PM
Yea the mud section is going to be fun. I might as well mount up the knobies.

Bueller
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Bet we don't do the dirt, too much mud on the track.

Lurch
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Fuckin had it with KTM I just did the motor 3 weeks ago , checked the valve lash tonight and was at .002. No wonder the thing did not like to start. After this weekend's race fuckin thing is going by by. Anyone know who has the new Kx450f in stock?

KTM = Kan't Take Motard

I do know someone who has a 450 SXV. I started to think after the first 4000 miles you can upgrade to the 550 with new pistons.

Lurch

Bueller
Thu Mar 29th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Different stroke also

R1chie
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 01:13 AM

Hold off till next year and get a fuel injected model (Honda and Yamaha, not sure if Kawi will have FI.

Lurch
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Different stroke also

Well never mind then. That just goes to say the Fay Myers guy didn't know shit. I never checked it out myself just asked him.

krod
Fri Mar 30th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Well never mind then. That just goes to say the Fay Myers guy didn't know shit. I never checked it out myself just asked him.

Yep thats does not surprise me. I have a KTM up for sale.:)

PsychoMike
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 10:50 AM
I should be able to roll by and snap some photos of the race.

krod
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 07:07 PM
http://www.teamscream.net/video/Stateline-2006.wmv (http://www.teamscream.net/video/Stateline-2006.wmv) Is is going to be a blast.:crazy:

eklew
Sat Mar 31st, 2007, 09:06 PM
I may go to the race tomorrow and support you guys.

Bueller
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks for coming out for our last race :slap: Next time bring a bike! Ivy enjoyed herself though.
Nice to see Dub too, now just buy my DRZ and you can race too, you would have taken first in Sportsman.
Congrats to Krod he is a weiner!

eklew
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, good job Krod! Sandbagger!!!!

Filo
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks for coming out for our last race :slap: Next time bring a bike! Ivy enjoyed herself though.
Nice to see Dub too, now just buy my DRZ and you can race too, you would have taken first in Sportsman.
Congrats to Krod he is a weiner!

OK, what happened?? Last I knew Bueller was on pole. Now it is his last race????

Oh, and Elden, you should come and race. You can definitely hang with the folks in novice.

Now, if I can just finish my bike.

Bueller
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:22 PM
Busted a spoke nipple at the start and by the first turn the spoke was slapping the swing arm and chain guide, made it sound like the tranny let go so I pulled off. Pisses me off! We were gonna have a RACE! And probably take each other out, while we were leading, coming into the chicane toward the checker flag. :lol:

Dub
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:26 PM

Was the the class with the little kid on the Fiddy? If so, :doublefinger: ! My new avatar proves I got the bug, just starting small

You guys were hauling ass out there today and congrats to Krod on his 1st place!! Thanks for putting on a good show.

Bueller
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM
Was the the class with the little on on the Fiddy? If so, :doublefinger: !

You guys were hauling ass out there to day and congrats to Krod!!

No, even better, it's an entry level class for dirt bikes with stock size wheels, but since the drz comes stock with 17's it's legal. Best part was no one signed up for it so you would have been out by yourself. :lol:

Guarantee some sandbaggers will enter next time.

krod
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 07:33 PM
I wasn't the only bagger out there if you wouldn't have had spoke problems maybe the difference between first and second would not have been 4 seconds :crazy: Were getting the boot. Then the only chance we have is for Filo to scrafice himself and take out the first row starting grid. lol

krod
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:30 PM
This looks like a decent price. Havn't run maxxis yet they any good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-pr-MAXXIS-Supermoto-RACE-Tires-SLICKS-SUPERMOTARD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQitem Z4583713539QQtcZphoto

Bueller
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 09:43 PM
Haven't heard anything good about them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michelin-Motorcycle-Superbike-120-160-Slicks-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQitemZ1101078 56860QQtcZphoto

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Michelin-Motorcycle-Tire-Pilot-Race-2-H2-PAIR-MZ-EX_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35601QQitemZ11008691 0784QQtcZphoto

krod
Mon Apr 2nd, 2007, 10:13 PM
Those michelin slicks look like a good deal. Guess I will have to open an e-bay account. Ya want a set?

Bueller
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:42 AM
You know I do! I wonder if they are gonna laugh when we fax 'em a copy of our RMS competition license. :lol:

krod
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM
I bought a set last night. I sent them a E-mail to see if they have any more at that price, have not heard back from them yet. The free race fuel is no more. After 11 years I got pissed and walked out:321: . If ya have any free time during the week let me know The track should be empty.

Joe
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Ok, I'll try anything once... tell me about the sportsman class.
Do I need a license?
How much?
Peg sliders?

It looks like sportsman run with mini, does this mean that I am going to have a 12 year old on a crf150 lapping me? Hopefully I can take him out the 2nd time he comes around.

Elden, if I'm doing this, then that means you have to.

This should be funny. (for anybody watching, that is)

Filo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:58 PM
Sportsman is set up to run what the bike was built with. If it came with 19" wheels, you have to use 19". From the Rule Book:

5. Open Sportsman: - Novice rider only with unlimited
displacement single or twin- cylinder machines with unlimited
modifications.
A. Wheel sizes must be 18" or more unless otherwise noted.
(See Exemptions)
B. Brake disc sizes must have a diameter of 260mm or less
unless otherwise noted. (See Exemptions)
C. Unlimited displacement and engine modifications.
However, this class rides the dirt sections and any motorcycle
that is deemed by the technical inspector to be unworthy
or use in the dirt may the disallowed.
Minimum age 12.
Exemptions: Motorcycles that come stock from the manufacturer
in street legal form may qualify for the Open Sportsman class at
the discretion of the technical inspector regardless of whether the
motorcycle complies with the previous rules.
The intent of this class is to provide an entry level platform with
minimal necessary financial investment in an attempt to
encourage riders from other disciplines to try supermoto. Any
machine/rider combination that undermines the spirit of this class can
be disqualified or moved to a more appropriate class at the sole
discretion of the RMS board. No refunds will be given and additional
entry fees may apply to certain classes. No protests will be
entertained.

Yes, you need a license, but they are easy to get. You need to take a safety class if you haven't road raced recently. Bike prep, costs, etc can be found on the webpage www.rmsupermoto.com.

If you race with minis, the twelve year old kid will be 9 and he is on a PW50. But I seem to remember that the sportsman class was to run alone.

Ok, I'll try anything once... tell me about the sportsman class.
Do I need a license?
How much?
Peg sliders?

It looks like sportsman run with mini, does this mean that I am going to have a 12 year old on a crf150 lapping me? Hopefully I can take him out the 2nd time he comes around.

Elden, if I'm doing this, then that means you have to.

This should be funny. (for anybody watching, that is)

krod
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:59 PM
Its pretty laid back.. I don't think they will make you take the safty class if they do its only 25 bucks and you can take it the saturday before the race day. As far as the sportsman class I am not sure about bike prep Just wire engine drain and fill plugs and front brake, dump antifreeze and run some type of rubber or plastic bar sliders. You will prolly be running the novice open class there were no entries in the sportsman class last race. If they get enough guys they will run a sportsman class.

eklew
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:09 PM
Alright, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!

Filo
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM
Alright, it's on like Donkey Kong!!!

Excellent. You and I can battle it out for last!!!!

Joe
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Wait...
Adults can race the Fiddy's?!?
F#@& the big bike, I'll have a heckuva lot less distance to fall if I ride that!

I am SOOO ordering the scooter tires tonight.
I did practice dragging my knee on my fiddy last week...

krod
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
Just watch out for Bueller it seems he has been playing possum the last few months.;)

Bueller
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:35 PM
I don't know what you mean :dunno:

Joe
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
OK, I just blew my spending money for the month, and its only the 3rd!

According to the rules, I need peg sliders but I can't make them myself. Well, I am going to make them, because I couldn't find any, and besides, I'm out of money! I will put axle and peg sliders on the 50, even though I bet I don't need to, but I'm not going to put handguards on the 50, unless somebody says that I have to.

What else... oh, safety wiring, that should take 2-3 beers, but that carb catch can is probably going to be the trickiest.

A lot of work to do in only 19 days (not including actually riding), luckily my boss will be out of town for the week before the race, so I should be able to get this done.

Very excited.

krod
Wed Apr 4th, 2007, 08:28 PM
:bs:

krod
Sat Apr 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
I figured out the KTM starting problem.:)

Bueller
Sat Apr 7th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Hahaha! That electric leg is gonna add 40 lbs. to your bike, what happened with the auto decomp?

krod
Sat Apr 7th, 2007, 12:51 PM
The autodecomp shaft is on order. The electric starter kit is the last resort.:banghead:

Bueller
Sat Apr 7th, 2007, 05:35 PM
I thought getting rid of that Kraut POS and getting Honda was the last resort. :lol:

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM
The kawi looks good. I just don't want to buy a set of wheel's and prep another bike. If the auto decomp does not fix it its going to get a electric start and be a trail bike.:(

dillinger09
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 11:59 AM
hey guys, im lookin for some input. im seriously considering picking up a motard. it would be mostly used for commuting to work and back (10 miles round trip...........i know, rough) and will see the track as much as humanly possible. im looking at the drz as its probably one of the most reliable 'tards and i see you guys have them as well. also considering a converted xr or wr. i love the husky.........really really really love the svx:shocked: .............but thinkin that may be a bit much for a first 'tard? at any rate, suggestions?

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I got a bad ass 06 DRZ I will sell ya. Its bored to a 470 has all the upgrades new fcr carb and yosh cams. dynoed out at 50hp not bad for a bike that has 32 stock. Has around 3200 miles on it. Take over the pymts and its yours.

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 01:42 PM
:shocked: What are the payments? Ohh never mind I just sold mine.
The DRZ's are great commuters and fun on the track, not the fastest tard out there, although krods is pretty quick with all those mods. Any of the high strung motors will be a maintenance challenge.

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Around 195.00 I have all the upgrades tied in the loan:) Will post pic's if anyone is interested. If not I will keep the dam thing its fun as hell around town and in the hills.(nothing like smoking a gsxr1000 on a dirtbike):yumyum:

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Delivered mine to it's new owner today :cry:

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM
That new husky will look good next to the YZ:yes:

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 07:25 PM
That new husky will look good next to the YZ:yes:
Think that's what I should get? :hump:

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 08:42 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/308296926.html

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 09:31 PM
I saw that. Great looking bike but a new top end every 40 hours:shocked: .

Bueller
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 09:36 PM
What if you ride it all nice and sweet? 40 hrs or 4000mi. ?

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM
:pointlaugh: That will never happen. The way you ride the front tire will last longer than the piston's.

krod
Sun Apr 8th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Rms next race will be held at this track.lol http://www.gaskrank.eu/tv/supermoto/sumo-homestory-65.htm

dillinger09
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 06:26 AM
I got a bad ass 06 DRZ I will sell ya. Its bored to a 470 has all the upgrades new fcr carb and yosh cams. dynoed out at 50hp not bad for a bike that has 32 stock. Has around 3200 miles on it. Take over the pymts and its yours.

what do you owe on it? and that is easily the biggest HP # i have seen for on of those........nicely done man

Lurch
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/308296926.html

WOW $199.99 off MSRPand it's a year old. I'm guessing the guy went in and was holy shit I need that now and didn't shop around. I have found them for around $7300.

Who cares that you have to replace the pistons every 40hrs. You have to pay to get hp like that. How long does a top fuel car last???

Lurch

Bueller
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Year old? I thought this was '07 :dunno:

Were are you finding them for $7300? OTD?

Lurch
Tue Apr 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Year old? I thought this was '07 :dunno:

Were are you finding them for $7300? OTD?

He bought it in Dec and has 200 miles either way it's used. Hell I crashed my race bike with less then 200 miles on it.:)

Saw a couple in Arizona and once in a while E-Bay. Though you would have to ship them.

Bueller
Thu Apr 12th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Went to Gay Myers today, just to look around, again, :lol: Anywho there sitting on the floor is a new 2008 KLX450, they just got it yesterday. Nice looking bike but from the looks of it they restricted the heck out of it. Looks like a 125 scooter exhaust outlet and the tail light is worse than the CRF-X's plating it would require a new one and a switch. I wonder if there are wheels available for it :dunno:

krod
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Anyone going out to practice on sunday?:horse:

krod
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Shit there is a cart race on sunday. Maybe saturday or late sunday?

Bueller
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I got's some shit to do, can't make this one. Got someone to pull your bike around? :lol:
Tires show up yet?

krod
Fri Apr 13th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Got the top end a part again. Hopefully the auto decomop will fix the problem.:banghead: The tires have not showed up yet.

Joe
Sat Apr 14th, 2007, 07:33 AM
I have a job on Sunday morning, but am going to try to get out to IMI a little after noon. Hopefully the quadrapeds are gone by then?

krod
Sat Apr 14th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Got the kaboom back together. So far starts right up.:crazy:

Bueller
Sat Apr 14th, 2007, 10:22 PM
Got my 525 home and pushed the easy button and it wouldn't start, started to sweat, then I realized it had the kill switch on the controls.

krod
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 12:24 AM
I should have bought the easy start model. I should be out at Erie around 3:00 or so If your not doing anything stop by so I can flog the new bike around. Watcha gonna do with those dirt wheels?

Bueller
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 05:12 AM
You want to buy 'em, or trade ?

krod
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Don't know yet if the KTM still gives me problems going to use it for trails:cry: .

rybo
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:17 AM
I have a job on Sunday morning, but am going to try to get out to IMI a little after noon. Hopefully the quadrapeds are gone by then?

Joe, there is a cart race there on Sunday and they won't be cleared out until about 3 PM....

krod
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Did Filo join the team?

Bueller
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
:dunno: never heard back from you, looks like he is still Lowside :turtle: :)

Joe
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 05:15 PM
Joe, there is a cart race there on Sunday and they won't be cleared out until about 3 PM....

Thanks, but I used up my ride card this weekend - hit the 50's with Eklew yesterday. Trying to get the nerve up to race next weekend.

krod
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:09 PM
:dunno: never heard back from you, looks like he is still Lowside :turtle: :)

Let him know he is in if he wants to be. Fuckin crashed hard today. The track was runnin counter clockwise was hauling ass torwards to infield turn and tucked the front (still runnin the same tires as race day) slide a good 30 yards and hit the dirt and started to roll. Tore the left hand guard and slider off the bike. I would like to thank the cow who scraficed himself for my leathers.

Bueller
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 07:42 PM
You all right otherwise? I think that cow is as done as my cow by now.
Highside Racing sponsored by dead f'ed up cow industries.

HEY FILO!!!! Did ya hear? change your signature affiliation probbie.
You're one of the cool kids now :lol:

I wish I could have gone but I did get to ride the Ktoom around a bit, I really need the Sumo set up, them knobbies are slick.:shocked:

Filo
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Let him know he is in if he wants to be. Fuckin crashed hard today.

HEY FILO!!!! Did ya hear? change your signature affiliation probbie.

OK, I changed my signature. As long as I don't need to high side to really be 'in'.

Hope you are OK after your little off-track experience there Krod.

I am working on getting the bike techable this weekend. I may go out Thursday evening if the weather holds to see how bad I mess it up.

krod
Sun Apr 15th, 2007, 09:21 PM
I am ok but the KTM is not. Just ordered 200.00 worth of replacement parts off E-bay. E-bay credit is going to get me in trouble way to easy to spend money.:yumyum:

krod
Mon Apr 16th, 2007, 09:11 PM
Got a set of tires in today. There hard compound hope they hook up good if not going to try and work a deal for soft compound (there 100.00 more)

Bueller
Mon Apr 16th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Gotta be better than a shagged out set of Pirelli takeoffs with a few races on 'em :lol:

krod
Tue Apr 17th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Dave are you staying at the track saturday night? I will bring my EZ-UP and a cooler full of gatorade. Anything else?

Bueller
Tue Apr 17th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Haven't decided yet, you want to come up early?
How 'bout some U4 :lol:

My generator is still not running so make sure yours is tuned up.

krod
Tue Apr 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
I have 5 gallons of U4 left. Trying to get my new employer to supply us. (he sponcer's 2 stock cars and race's 3 school buses)

FILO you gonna make it this weekend?

Filo
Tue Apr 17th, 2007, 10:48 PM
I have 5 gallons of U4 left. Trying to get my new employer to supply us. (he sponcer's 2 stock cars and race's 3 school buses)

FILO you gonna make it this weekend?

Planning on it.

Bueller
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 07:32 PM
It begins...
http://home.comcast.net/~mra999/KTM525sup.jpg

Filo
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 08:32 PM
No chance of making it to IMI tomorrow (Thurs, Apr 19). Sorry Dave. Maybe Saturday.

Bueller
Wed Apr 18th, 2007, 08:39 PM
That's ok cause I won't be there either.

krod
Fri Apr 20th, 2007, 09:09 PM
Round 2 Sunday. Dave ya got all your spokes tight? (I want to have a race this time):slappers:

Bueller
Fri Apr 20th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I think that one was too tight *Boing*
Haven't decided whether or not to stay at the track Sat. night yet, what are/were you planning?

krod
Fri Apr 20th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Going up sunday morning. I will be at Colorado national saturday night. ( I got put on a pit crew):banghead:

Filo you gonna make it this time?

Filo
Sat Apr 21st, 2007, 07:56 AM
Going up sunday morning. I will be at Colorado national saturday night. ( I got put on a pit crew):banghead:

Filo you gonna make it this time?

Yep, I should make it. I still need to put catch cans on, but that is what today (Saturday) is for.

krod
Sat Apr 21st, 2007, 06:24 PM
:yay: I got out of pit crew duty. Dave you gonna bring the toy hauler? If not I will bring my EZ-up.

Bueller
Sat Apr 21st, 2007, 06:35 PM
No, just my trailer, I have my EZ-up and a new generator that should take care of 3-4 sets of tire warmers.

eklew
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:13 PM
How'd you guys do today? Sorry I couldn't make it out, I have company visiting from out of state.

Bueller
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM
Shoulda brought 'em to the race :lol:

I got first loser in open novice and 5th or 6th in Colorado Class
Filo got a 3rd in Lightweight (see you should have raced, I know you could have kicked his ass).

krod had a bad day. :(

Filo
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:03 PM
Filo got a 3rd in Lightweight (see you should have raced, I know you could have kicked his ass).

I got 3rd (out of 4, but the 4th was a 100) in Lightweight and 7th (out of eight in novice. Krod was the #8, but he crashed on the 2nd corner of the first lap :( . I'll let him tell the rest of the story.

Bueller
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 06:07 PM
I got 3rd (out of 4, but the 4th was a 100)

A fast 100! Probably bored out to 105 or so.

BigE
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 08:25 PM
Don't know what happened but prayers for ya Krod! Get better soon!

I was hoping to make it out to watch and help flag but had other stuff going on.
Kinda bummed, tried riding the street bike this evening and can't shift up even after adjusting the shifter up all the way. :(

krod
Sun Apr 22nd, 2007, 11:01 PM
I am still alive, busted a couple of ribs and rashed up pretty good. Not really sure what the hell happened. After the start, I was running 4th around the 2nd turn about to pass someone and went down hard. I think the guy behind me gave me a little bump on the rear tire and slid me out. My arm got stuck between the guys tire and swingarm and he dragged me around 30 yards.:shocked: Hope someone got it on video.

Congrats on your 2nd place Dave. You to Filo.
Will give ya a call and set up a time to come get my bike. Thanks to all that helped me with me gear.

Bueller
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 05:19 AM
Did you get your truck yet?
I will be home by 4:00pm

Filo
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:47 AM
I think the guy behind me gave me a little bump on the rear tire and slid me out. My arm got stuck between the guys tire and swingarm and he dragged me around 30 yards.:shocked: Hope someone got it on video.

Well, I didn't get it on video, but since I was about 7th at the time, I got to see it. I had dreams about it last night. I didn't see you go down at first, but I got to see you with your arm in the rear end of the guys bike. You looked like you were sitting around with your arm up waiting for a beer. Except you were sliding.

Hope you feel better soon.

krod
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:57 AM
Picked up my truck last night. So who won the race?

Filo
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:37 AM
Picked up my truck last night. So who won the race?

It was hard to tell who won from the dirt section, but I think it was #15. Bueller would know, since he was right behind him. But Bueller doesn't get to play on computers at work like I do.

krod
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:44 AM
Did ya get a chance to see my bike? How bad is it?:(

Slo
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Hope you heal up quick krod....

Filo
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 09:50 AM
Did ya get a chance to see my bike? How bad is it?:(

It is not too bad from what I could tell. A couple of broke bits of plastic, a broken hand guard, a few small dents. Nothing too bad. You probably could have raced it had you not broken ribs.

eklew
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Damn krod, hope you are okay. Take care man.

Badhabit
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your spill, hope you and the bike are ok.:up: Sounds like it could have been worse.

krod
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for your concern guys. I have a bottle of patron and some oxycodone feeling pretty good right now.:drink:

What date is the Grand Junction race move to?

Bueller
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:03 PM
As of now it is 5/27 one week later than the orig. date. Archie said they will post up when it is finalized, but the 20th is out. Save me one of those when you come for your bike :lol:

krod
Mon Apr 23rd, 2007, 08:09 PM
Do I need new plastic? There is a set on E-bay cheep. I will try and pick up my bike sometime this week.