PDA

View Full Version : Supermoto section

Pages : [1] 2 3

krod
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Since we don't have a tard section I figured I'll start one. Got tired of the sportbike sceen and traded in my 6rr for a ktm525smr.

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2066&stc=1&d=1160528934

Bueller
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Bitch!

Bueller
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 07:23 PM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/101006_ktm_top.jpg
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/101006_bmw_xmoto.jpg

Husky
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Very cool bike. I remember watching a local boy (Boo Stitcher) back in the early 80' lead the Motorcorss Nationals on a KTM, blowing away Bob Hannah and all the big shots back than. This was at the old Lakewood sport bike location in before they moved it to Rooney Road. Back than no one even hear of KTM let alone seen one leading the nationals. For any old timers he was sponsered by RINK - A - DINK Yamaha on carr street in lakewood.

Very nice bike

krod
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Picking it up on saturday. Want to go Dave? I think they have more in stock.lol That BWM is nice.

Bueller
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 08:41 PM
The Ktoom is a little much on the "look", but the Beemer is nice, for a Beemer of course. Where you getting it from? I better stay home for that, or I'll be figuring a way to finance one. But if you offer that one up for a ride I'll probably have to give it a run. :hump:

eklew
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Nice, I'm in the midst of converting my CRF250r into a tard! Just waiting on my wheels to come in!!!!!

Feathered upstart!
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 11:52 PM
I'm about to convert my XR into a tard:drink:

NIce choice on the SMR! Very kick ass:yumyum: I'm jealous

BigE
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Nice bike Krod! That's the one Tri-City had right?
It'll be cool if we can get more folks interested in SM and get them racing next year! The plan right now is to have races at more places than IMI (and to hopefully get them to make the dirt section better).

So that brings up, who is planning on or would be interested in racing next year? And if so, where ya want to race and what classes are you wanting to run?

Filo
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I may race the CRF250 next year once or twice. I don't have plans to race it full time. I have already looked into the licensing and everything online and am putting my CRF together like I plan to race.

Bueller
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 04:29 PM
:hibye:

Feathered upstart!
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I mostly just plan to tool around, ride tight canyons, fire roads, loose my licsnse down town.
Obviously IMI will be rode a lot, but no plans to actually race.

krod
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 08:41 PM
The old and slow class. Or maybe the who can crash the most class.

krod
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Nice bike Krod! That's the one Tri-City had right?
It'll be cool if we can get more folks interested in SM and get them racing next year! The plan right now is to have races at more places than IMI (and to hopefully get them to make the dirt section better).

So that brings up, who is planning on or would be interested in racing next year? And if so, where ya want to race and what classes are you wanting to run?

Yea thats the one from tri city. Great people there. Have bought a street bike 2 birt bikes jet ski and a 4-wheeler from there. Never had a problem with the sales staff.:rock:

Buddau
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 09:09 PM
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/101006_ktm_top.jpg
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/101006_bmw_xmoto.jpg
The KTM looks like a duck. Makes me wonder what the horn sounds like. :)
I like the BMW better.

FZRguy
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 12:49 AM
I’d be interested in racing SM, but a 125 two-stroke? I don’t think there is a class for my bike.

BigE
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 08:53 AM
The old and slow class. Or maybe the who can crash the most class.

HEY! That's movin' in on my classes! :scream1: :lol:

I may race the CRF250 next year once or twice. I don't have plans to race it full time. I have already looked into the licensing and everything online and am putting my CRF together like I plan to race.

Cool Adam! :up:

I’d be interested in racing SM, but a 125 two-stroke? I don’t think there is a class for my bike.

John, you'd be running lightweight class against the 250F's and you can run Sportsman (basically, this is the Novice class and is pretty much run whacha brung).
How much fun that'd be depends on if you want to be serious or just have the experience of racing. I guess I decided I'm going to try being more serious next year as I traded off my 250R for a 450 (unfortunately one that is going to take some fixin' up :banghead:)

If you want to go out for a track day this fall/ winter I've got a set of Michelin DualSports that I ran a couple of times that'd fit your stock wheels if you want to give them a try.

BigE
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM
:hibye:

Oh yea, is this a yes Dave? :up:

Bueller
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 04:38 PM
More than likely

krod
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I'll will be running the open class. Will they let me in the sportmans class? I was told you can not run 17" wheels in that class.

BigE
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Sportsman this year was basically beginner/novice class. I was the only running stock dirt size wheels...until I got my 17's anyway. :lol:
Sportsman is s'posed to be pretty much stock dirt bikes with dualsport tires (btw, if anyone is planning on running this and have a 19" rear wheel...run Maxxis Dirt Track tires :up: ).
I think it'll depend on if we get more people turning out for races so the classes can be divided up a bit more, i.e. novice 250/450/open and expert 250/450/open. Since Filo and Bueller are ex-MRA guys they would probably be able to sign up as experts, so if you've raced before you can more than likely skip novice too. I think I get to move on up since I ended up 2nd in Sportsman for the year, woohoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE

More than likely

Cool!

FZRguy
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 10:58 AM
I may take you up on the tire offer, Eric. I’d be racing for fun, so I don’t care if I start last and finish last. The bike has already been lowered 2 inches on both ends. Smaller hoops, sticky rubber and more brake would be just too much fun...and prolly very addictive!

Badhabit
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Definately interested in running Sportsman/Novice next year. The SMC has 17s and I've got a set of Pilot Powers that I haven't had mounted yet. What are the tire restrictions in these classes?

Badhabit
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Good to see a tard thread!

Bueller
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Rule Book (http://www.rmsupermoto.org/pdf%20files/RMS%20RULES%204.pdf)

1. Open Supermoto: Expert rider, unlimited displacement single cylinder, or up to 450cc twin-cylinder machines with unlimited modifications. Minimum age 16.

2. Middleweight Supermoto: - Expert rider on single cylinder machines with maximum displacement of 250cc for liquid-cooled 2-strokes; 450cc for liquid-cooled 4-strokes, and unlimited modifications. minimum age 16.
3. Lightweight Supermoto: - Expert or novice rider on single cylinder machines with maximum displacement of 200cc for liquid-cooled 2-strokes; 250cc for liquid-cooled 4-strokes, and unlimited modifications. minimum age 12.
4. Colorado Class: - Expert or Novice rider with unlimited displacement single, or twin-cylinder machines with unlimited modifications. Minimum age 12.
5. Sportsman Supermoto: - Expert or Novice rider with unlimited displacement single or twin-cylinder machines with unlimited engine modifications. Wheels must be of stock size yet not be less than 18 inches (except minis) with the exception of models which were originally designed and sold in street legal form. Aftermarket wheels that meet these requirements are permitted. Brake rotors may be no larger in diameter than stock rotors and only stock calipers and master cylinders are permitted. Aftermarket brake pads, brake fluids and brake lines are permitted. Minimum age 12.
*(NOTE)* This class is intended for riders who are new to supermoto and/or new to racing in general. Riders may be moved up from this class at the discretion of the race referee or the RMS president if it is deemed necessary for safety or in the best interest of competition. Should a rider fail to qualify for the main event in any of the upper classes, that rider may be placed into the Sportsman Supermoto main event at the discretion of the race referee or RMS president.

RCStylin'
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM
I think I'll race in a few, too! Been to IMI about 20 times on the tard now and am having waaaay more fun than I ever had on the RC...(although I still have it).

Got some dirt wheels this week, too, so I'll be hitting the trails this winter.

krod
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Thats whay happened to me. Got a tard and stopped riding the sportbike. This supermoto shit is a blast.

Bueller
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 06:42 AM
Thats whay happened to me. Got a tard and stopped riding the sportbike. This supermoto shit is a blast.
:imwithstupid: And mine is really slow, but still more fun than should be legal :devious:

krod
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 07:30 AM
There is a few of us heading to IMI today if anyone is interested. Should be out there around 10:00 or so.

Bueller
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 07:42 AM
You gonna have your KTM with ya?

I'll probably end up at Rampart

krod
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Picking it up on monday. My credit union is closed today:banghead:

Bueller
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Did you put a deposit on it? Or can I go buy it from underneath you? :devil2:

BigE
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Since I just got home from work going to sleep sounds better than riding at the moment, have fun guys, be safe. :up:

krod
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Did you put a deposit on it? Or can I go buy it from underneath you? :devil2:

I took care of that today.:)

krod
Sat Oct 14th, 2006, 09:42 PM
There is a tard race in the moring at IMI. Some of the RMS guys are getting together and having a race. Through your money in the hat Winner takes all. Practice is at 8:00.

Bueller
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 06:30 AM
you gonna race or go on the canyon ride?

krod
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Did not do either. Wife had me doing house stuff all day. (I better get some tonight) lol

Badhabit
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Thanks for posting the rules Bueller. I should be up and running for track days in the next week or two, my gear is definately going to look a little funky on a KTM but it should keep the road rash away.

If anyone sees a funny looking guy on an SMC going really slow and making a shit-load of noise at IMI in a couple weeks that will be me!

I'm thinking of building a mini-moto for my wife (yeah, I'll probably ride it too). Any ideas on what bike to start with?

BigE
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking of building a mini-moto for my wife (yeah, I'll probably ride it too). Any ideas on what bike to start with?

The new 07 CRF150R, everything else is now obselete.
I'll still be putting around with my kiddo on our XR100.

krod
Fri Oct 20th, 2006, 07:47 PM
There are a few of us going to IMI on sunday anyone else not affraid of a little cold weather? (makes the bike run faster)lol

eklew
Fri Oct 20th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Just got my Behr Rims with Rad Hubs today!!!!! Woohoo, early Christmas!!

Feathered upstart!
Sat Oct 21st, 2006, 01:32 AM
Pics?

eklew
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 12:33 AM
Pics?

Here are some pics of the new wheels!!!!

Polar X
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:27 AM
Nice, what did those cost you and where did you get them?

Bueller
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Motostrano (http://www.motostrano-store.com/supermoto.html)

Chris, these guys seem to have about the best deal going, and the wheels are complete, no need to get seperate carriers unless you opt for the universal wheels.
If you have the Team privateer catalog there is a SuMo section in there too.

FZRguy
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the link, Dave. I’ll call them and see if they can build me some wheels for the ring-ding.

eklew
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Nice, what did those cost you and where did you get them?

$1,195.00 from Sum of All Parts!

Feathered upstart!
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

Polar X
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
Motostrano (http://www.motostrano-store.com/supermoto.html)

Chris, these guys seem to have about the best deal going, and the wheels are complete, no need to get seperate carriers unless you opt for the universal wheels.
If you have the Team privateer catalog there is a SuMo section in there too.

Thanks David, are you racing motard this year? I really would like to try it but I do not want to spend the money on wheels just to try it. Ready for some more trail riding????:)

Bueller
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Thanks David, are you racing motard this year? I really would like to try it but I do not want to spend the money on wheels just to try it. Ready for some more trail riding????:)

Probably give the Tard racing a go since I doubt I'll be road racing. You best stay away from the motards unless you want another expensive hobby :lol:
Been riding every weekend up 'till this one, just put the YZ up for sale, if/when it sells I'll probably get a WR or an EXC that I can plate and SuMo it.

RCStylin'
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:18 PM
Why not tard the yz?

Bueller
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:38 PM
Why not tard the yz?
I still might, if it doesn't sell I probably will. I just want something I can plate. I love the motor but the tranny isn't perfect for SuMo and with no lighting coil it makes it tough to be actually street legal.

krod
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:48 PM
I broke in the new tard bike today and I mean broke in. Fricken high side coming off the back straight. Bike not hurt but I am. Not used to going that fast on the straight lot faster than the DRZ. How much for the YZ bueller?

Bueller
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
ouch! don't go hurtin' that thing.
$3800 w/ the goodies I added. You need another bike? :lol:

krod
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 08:59 PM
No the wife is still pissed about the KTM.lol I think Shane is wanting to upgrade from his old 500.

Bueller
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/224247945.html

If he wants to take a look, let me know.

eklew
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
I think it may be time for a motard section, what do you guys think???

eklew
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:22 PM

You could always run street tires on your dirt rims and just give it a try. They aren't as expensive as going out and getting 17's.:siesta:

Polar X
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:31 PM
Probably give the Tard racing a go since I doubt I'll be road racing. You best stay away from the motards unless you want another expensive hobby :lol:

I thought the point of tarding was the lower cost of racing? what am I missing here? besides comon sence....lol

Polar X
Sun Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
You could always run street tires on your dirt rims and just give it a try. They aren't as expensive as going out and getting 17's.:siesta:

How much are a pair? Will I even be able to ride it with any symblance of tarding with such big tires? seems like it would be pretty tall without 17's.

Sounds like a lot of fun, I don't want to race the season since I still enjoy the road racing and continue to get faster every race. But I have to say it looks like a ball sliding around and what not. though hearing Krods highside reminds me you can still get hurt.

And I agree, you all need a tard section.

BigE
Mon Oct 23rd, 2006, 02:08 PM
I ran sportsman set up (stock dirt wheels with dualsport tires) all summer, see pic in avatar. When I switched to 17's I also swapped to a 450 from the 250 two stroke so some of the difference is bike related but cornering is more secure feeling, less skipping of the front end, transitioning from side to side takes more effort, this is I think more bike related as my 250 weighed 220lb and I'd guess the 450 is in the 250lb range.
I have the set of DS tires that I'm willing to let folks try out if you're wanting to give it a go without dropping buck$ for tires or wheels. John (FZRguy) was wanting to try them too, I just want to get more people out next year :D .

And, hey Mods, can we get a SuMo section pretty please?

Filo
Mon Oct 23rd, 2006, 03:23 PM
I thought the point of tarding was the lower cost of racing? what am I missing here? besides comon sence....lol

It is cheaper than road racing but let's not kid ourselves. All racing is expensive.

Oh, and on the hurt-yourself thing, I have crashed more on my dirt bike/sumo bike than I ever have in roadrace or street. As a matter of fact I crashed multiple times just this last Saturday. At first I thought I broke my arm even. Turns out I am just a big wimp...

Oh and

I broke in the new tard bike today and I mean broke in. Fricken high side coming off the back straight. Bike not hurt but I am. Not used to going that fast on the straight lot faster than the DRZ. How much for the YZ bueller?

Did you hurt yourself badly, or are you just sore? And how bad is the bike? And can I ride it now :)

Polar X
Mon Oct 23rd, 2006, 07:49 PM
I ran sportsman set up (stock dirt wheels with dualsport tires) all summer, see pic in avatar. When I switched to 17's I also swapped to a 450 from the 250 two stroke so some of the difference is bike related but cornering is more secure feeling, less skipping of the front end, transitioning from side to side takes more effort, this is I think more bike related as my 250 weighed 220lb and I'd guess the 450 is in the 250lb range.
I have the set of DS tires that I'm willing to let folks try out if you're wanting to give it a go without dropping buck$ for tires or wheels. John (FZRguy) was wanting to try them too, I just want to get more people out next year :D .

And, hey Mods, can we get a SuMo section pretty please?

I think I would like to take you up on the offer as well. I have not changed a dirt tire for 20+ years, is it still something you can do at the track? either way, put me in line for trying out your tires sometime in the future. I hate to think how bad Bueller will be kicking my ass out there....:cry:

Bueller
Mon Oct 23rd, 2006, 08:04 PM
Don't worry about me, I am on a turd of a DRZ, can't even get out of my own way :lol:
Looks like Krod is the guy to beat now.:yes:

krod
Mon Oct 23rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
Did you hurt yourself badly, or are you just sore? And how bad is the bike? And can I ride it now :)

Road rash on my right arm about 3" or so. Leg rashed up pretty good and sore as hell. The leathers saved my ass.:violin:

Bueller
Tue Oct 24th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Road rash on my right arm about 3" or so. Leg rashed up pretty good and sore as hell. The leathers saved my ass.:violin:

You got the rash through the leather? did you tear up the suit? Is that your new (Shift?) leathers?

krod
Tue Oct 24th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Yea new leathers. Tore a hole in the right shoulder, the CE armor save me. The right forearm has a small tear. I think the inner removable liner gave me the rash though.

krod
Tue Oct 24th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Supposed to be nice this weekend. Anyone want to come out and play?

BigE
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Want to? YES! Can I? Nope! Got work and my son's b'day party this weekend. Oh well, I really need to do some maintenance on the bikes too.
Have fun and don't scuff anything but tires! and pegs! :D

Lomax
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Here is about the closest I can get to a re-Tard. :)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/950%20Adventure/9503.jpg

Cheers.
Marc

Bueller
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 04:35 PM
Bring it Marc and I'll see if I can back it in.

Lomax
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Bring it Marc and I'll see if I can back it in.

I'll bring the Ural and see if you can back it in.:crazy: But that is not fair, it has reverse.:)

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b327/lomaxcm/mu9small.jpg

Or better yet I will let you play monkey and fly you around the track.:turtle:

Cheers.
Marc

Bueller
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 07:49 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7525504338912116004&q=supermoto

eklew
Wed Oct 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7525504338912116004&q=supermoto

DAMN!!! That shit is pretty funny, but I feel for the people under the tent!
I guess we should just keep this thread as our SuMo section.:hibye:

krod
Thu Oct 26th, 2006, 08:25 PM
That looks like something I would do.

Bueller
Fri Oct 27th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Oooh sorry, I thought it was you :lol:

krod
Fri Oct 27th, 2006, 05:07 PM
You going on sunday?

Bueller
Fri Oct 27th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Possibly, not sure yet. Trails don't look promising at this point.

There is a Hare Scramble at Berthoud though

krod
Fri Oct 27th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Got a new cell with internet just wanted to see how it works. Here are some pics of my tards.

eklew
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Very nice man!!!

Bueller
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I am not jelous in the least.............

of your phone :)

krod
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Give me a few weeks they won't look so pretty.

Bueller
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Why? You gonna let Filo and I ride 'em?

King Nothing
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 09:35 PM
somebody other than me needs to buy me a motard.

BigE
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Come on Duggie!!! Ya know ya want one! :lol: Hey, next time I go out riding come with so you can try it out...Rayce will let you ride his 50.:p

(It'd have to be the pink PW, not sure if you're ready for the three speed!)

Bueller
Sun Oct 29th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Don't remember if this is a repost on this site or not, so.... http://home.comcast.net/~bueller999/images/animated/fuxk_off.gif

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=229090773045757210

krod
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 05:52 PM
Who's up for IMI this saturday?

Badhabit
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
I'll be there around 10am. This will be my first time on a track with a bike so I'll definantely be open to constructive tips and I'll try to stay out of everyone's way! I've done some track time with my old Audi TT and with go-karts but I've got a lot to learn about sumo.:turtle:

Bueller
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Who's up for IMI this saturday?

Possible, but I gots some things I gotta take care of first, and have to be home early so I'll see how it works out.

eklew
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 05:19 PM
Hmmm, maybe I can make it. We'll see.

Filo
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 05:46 PM
Believe it or not, I may be there. I have the bike mostly together. It isn't quite how I want it, but if I can finish putting all the bits on I will come.

Bueller
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.racerxfilms.com/
First movie is Sumo others are some MX stuff

krod
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
I'll be there around 10am. This will be my first time on a track with a bike so I'll definantely be open to constructive tips and I'll try to stay out of everyone's way! I've done some track time with my old Audi TT and with go-karts but I've got a lot to learn about sumo.:turtle:

The best thing you can do is stay away from me I CRASH alot.:banghead:

Badhabit
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:43 AM
I've still got my old Pirelli MT-60R tires on, and they're definately highway worn but still good on the edges. They've been good up in the canyons but I'm a bit nervous about pushing them hard on the track - so I may end up doing by best imitation of Krod :eek: . Unfortunately, I can't get my Pilot Powers mounted until Tuesday at the earliest.

Regardless, I'm going to have perma-smile :king: all day tomorrow!

krod
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
I can mount them at the track

Badhabit
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:50 AM
I'll bring them along then. You're cool with messing around with the inner tubes? Krod you kick ass!

krod
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Tubes what tubes?

krod
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
Just kidding but bring lots of tire slime. lol

Badhabit
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:31 PM
Slime on the track? :crazy:

Filo
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
So, good news/bad news about tomorrow. I blew off work from 12-3 to see if I could get the front end together and I did. That is the good news. Bad news is I used the Motomaster brake kit like this one http://www.motostrano-store.com/moflrakit.html . I tried it out in front of my house and it turns out that I have enough braking power to stop a Mack truck. So I scared the poo-poo out of myself.

I will be out there tomorrow if I can get the rear wheel mounted up tonight. How about Bueller? Coming?

eklew
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:28 PM
Monster Stoppies at the track!!!! I'll be running a stock front rotor as my relocator bracket does not fit and am waiting for EBC to send me the new updated 06 one.

Feathered upstart!
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:30 PM
So that was the problem eh Elden? Wrong bracket?

eklew
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
So that was the problem eh Elden? Wrong bracket?

Yeah, EBC sent the the older version that wasn't updated for the new 2006 CRF models. Hopefully it will show up soon. Shit, at this rate, my sumo will probably be done the time you get yours running!!!

Feathered upstart!
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
:lol:

Probably :drink:

Bueller
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:58 PM
I will be out there tomorrow if I can get the rear wheel mounted up tonight. How about Bueller? Coming?

Maybe, don't pressure me, I don't work well under pressure!:nuke:

krod
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Come on Dave ya need to go and get a good laugh at me crashing.

Dub
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:42 PM
Yeah, EBC sent the the older version that wasn't updated for the new 2006 CRF models. Hopefully it will show up soon. Shit, at this rate, my sumo will probably be done the time you get yours running!!!

No bracket to clear the extra muffler huh? Damn Honda!!!

eklew
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:52 PM
No slowski. It's the front caliper relocator.

Feathered upstart!
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:54 PM
Front caliper....:bananna:

Dub
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:56 PM
extra muffler, jah?!?!

Filo
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:56 PM
Look! I finally got it almost all together. I will be running stock gearing tomorrow, but I will be there (after I stop by the dealer and pick up the missing oil-drain washer I need).

Feathered upstart!
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:57 PM
Extra muffler!>......:bananna:

Dub
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:58 PM
Look! I finally got it almost all together. I will be running stock gearing tomorrow, but I will be there (after I stop by the dealer and pick up the missing oil-drain washer I need).

That's sick!

eklew
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Nice Filo. Unfortunately I could not make it out today. Gahhh.

Filo
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Nice to see everyone at the track - Bueller, Krod, Bad Habit, Kim & Dean other people who I can't rememeber.

Don't worry Krod, I won't tell anyone that you crashed in front of me... Lots of fun had by all, though. Even the little kid in the kart doing 4minute lap times.

BigE
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 05:30 PM
:up: Nice Bike Filo!

I'm hoping the weather is decent Thanksgiving week, I'm off all week so maybe then I'll have time to get out and play.

Bueller
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM
Cool seeing everyone, Filo I live in fear of the inevitable embarrassment at the hands of the Honduh.
Thanks to krod I'll be having to get that conversion for the YZ now. The KTM is a blast!
I think Kim needs a new bike.:)

Buddau
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 08:58 PM
It was great seeing old faces again, sorry Bueller, what I meant was, it was nice to see old friends again. :)
Us boys usually ride IMI's dirt on Saturdays. It's our closest track. I always check the road track to see who is there, so I can say hi.
IMI added a track inside of the big oval in the south end. It's still being worked on, but is really fun to ride.
My day was cut short. A little incident with a 3 wheeler and my bike needs new handle bars, radiator, and some plastics. All inolved are OK.

krod
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Nice to see everyone at the track - Bueller, Krod, Bad Habit, Kim & Dean other people who I can't rememeber.

Don't worry Krod, I won't tell anyone that you crashed in front of me... Lots of fun had by all, though. Even the little kid in the kart doing 4minute lap times.

:banghead: Fricken sumo bikes I have crashed more in the last 3 weeks than in the last 15 years riding sportbikes. Everyone is good at something I guess I am good at crashing.:( Good to see more sumo bikes out there.

Bueller
Sun Nov 5th, 2006, 11:15 AM
It was great seeing old faces again, sorry Bueller, what I meant was, it was nice to see old friends again. :)

Ha! http://home.comcast.net/~bueller999/images/animated/fuckyou.gif

Too bad about your ATV encounter, I suppose anyone still riding one of those things probably wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Get that thing fixed and lets do a hare scramble this winter.

Bueller
Sun Nov 5th, 2006, 11:22 AM
:banghead: Fricken sumo bikes I have crashed more in the last 3 weeks than in the last 15 years riding sportbikes. Everyone is good at something I guess I am good at crashing.:( Good to see more sumo bikes out there.

'Cept for the fact that your lean angles were getting pretty far over, I can't figure out why you would be crashin' :lol:

Bueller
Sun Nov 5th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I was on Motostrano playing around and found if you enter "AMA" in the promotional code box, you will get an additional 5% off of your order.
"Supermotojunkie" also works.

krod
Sun Nov 5th, 2006, 08:23 PM
I wonder if I could stuff a 190/55 on it?

krod
Sun Nov 5th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I was on Motostrano playing around and found if you enter "AMA" in the promotional code box, you will get an additional 5% off of your order.
"Supermotojunkie" also works.

Those conversion Kits kits look a little expensive. :shocked: Anything on E-bay?

Badhabit
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Good to meet everyone on Saturday. Hopefully we get more nice weekends like that in the near future.

I need to drastically lower my gearing for IMI, but other than that I was really satisfied with the KTM on the track. 99.99% of what was holding it back was my overall lack of talent!

The LC4 isn't known as being the worlds most reliable motor, so when it starts to give me trouble it will be a good time to throw on the 709cc big bore kit and the rally cam!

will-t
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Quick dumb question, any of you know if 150/60-17s will fit on a stock rear DRZ400SM. Currently have 140/70-17s and I'm not sure if there is enough clearance for the wider tires. Just wondering if anyone had any direct experience with that size.

Bueller
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Yes it will, easily. Don't waste the $ on 140's, Some guys are getting 160's in there.

Those conversion Kits kits look a little expensive. :shocked: Anything on E-bay?
Lookie what I found!

Polar X
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 04:36 PM
FIND ME SOME FOR MY WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hump: :hump:

eklew
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Mmmmm, MotoMaster!!!!!

Bueller
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
FIND ME SOME FOR MY WR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hump: :hump:
I could sell you these at a remarkable profit and get me some brand new shit.:shocked:

krod
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Quick dumb question, any of you know if 150/60-17s will fit on a stock rear DRZ400SM. Currently have 140/70-17s and I'm not sure if there is enough clearance for the wider tires. Just wondering if anyone had any direct experience with that size.

150 will fit . I am running a 150 on mine.

krod
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Lookie what I found!

Cool now I have someone to play with.:turtle:

Polar X
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I could sell you these at a remarkable profit and get me some brand new shit.:shocked:

OR you could find me some cheap and feel good in the knowledge that you helped someone you know AND can kick thier ass on the tard track. lol

If I could afford new, I would be all over it. But alas I can not. Let me know if you come across a good hook up on used.

King Nothing
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 09:42 PM
nobody is a bigger tard than Bueller.

Bueller
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 05:20 AM
Welp deal is done!

These were built last June by Paul @ Motostrano and I have only used them about a dozen times on trackdays. There are no dents just some chain marks on the rear wheel. I am also selling the MotoMaster front brake caliper and rotor with them. The tires are Dunlop KR108 & KR106 with one trackday on them. Iam asking $1,400 obo for the package. I also will throw in a few different sprockets, front SM fender and a new RK gold chain.

Got it for $1300 shipped :bananna:

krod
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 08:26 PM
What size rims are those?

Bueller
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 08:57 PM
17's :slap: wadda ya mean, widths?

krod
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 09:01 PM
From the pic the front rim looks different.

Bueller
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
WOOHOO!!!
http://home.comcast.net/~mra999/Sumo1a.jpg

Still have some small parts on the way but this is a good start.

krod
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Looks good Dave

eklew
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Nice Dave!

Bueller
Sat Nov 18th, 2006, 05:29 PM
So..... who is up for tomorrow? My trailer is loaded and I'm a go.

krod
Sat Nov 18th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I will be there around 10:30. Put on a new set of bars and some sliders need to try them out. lol

Bueller
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 07:02 AM
My sliders haven't come in yet, so no testing for me <:knocks on head:>
See you there.

eklew
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Did you guys get SME axle sliders?

Bueller
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Thats what I ordered from Motostrano. I hope they will make me wheelie better :lol:

eklew
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Fun times at IMI today guys! Sorry had to bail so early but at least I got to ring out the little ol 250 for a little bit.

Bueller
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Yes it was a good day, nice to see the 2fiddies representing :)
Every one stayed upright (on the pavement).
I think I like my bike, it makes me feel good. :hump:

eklew
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Yes it was a good day, nice to see the 2fiddies representing :)
Every one stayed upright (on the pavement).
I think I like my bike, it makes me feel good. :hump:

Yeah, especially when you pass me on the outside and then wheelie the bitch!!!! gahhhhhh!:cry:

Bueller
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Sorry, couldn't help myself :devil2:

Filo
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Yeah, especially when you pass me on the outside and then wheelie the bitch!!!! gahhhhhh!:cry:

Bueller kept doing that to me too. But don't feel too bad, those 450s started getting slower and slower after you left. Pretty soon I was passing Krod. Of course, he was locking up the rear into every corner just for fun. Oh, and he was spewing oil everywhere too. But, I still passed him (once) and that is all that matters to me. My little moment in the sun :)

I was fun, though. I hope I can make it out next weekend.

krod
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I think Dave is trying to save his front tire for next race season :idea:

eklew
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Bueller kept doing that to me too. But don't feel too bad, those 450s started getting slower and slower after you left. Pretty soon I was passing Krod. Of course, he was locking up the rear into every corner just for fun. Oh, and he was spewing oil everywhere too. But, I still passed him (once) and that is all that matters to me. My little moment in the sun :)

I was fun, though. I hope I can make it out next weekend.

Haha, way to go!! Gotta represent the 250's!!!

Bueller
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 02:20 PM
danny eslick supermoto helmet cam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiAMH-wa9X8)

ABC Superbikers 1982 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUEyWgyQOKg)

krod
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 06:29 PM
Was looking for some graphis for the ktm and ran across this http://www.btosports.com/p/ONE06HENRY Dave that would look sick on your sm.

Bueller
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Yes that would be sweet. To bad it's for '06-'07.
I guess I have to go buy a new bike :shocked:

$206 SHIT!

BigE
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 07:10 PM
Well, ya all know I said a couple of weeks ago I was hoping to make it out riding over this week.
Umm, bike might need a few things...(and the second pic was before the first one:shocked:)

krod
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 09:51 PM
That was one hell of a crash.

Bueller
Fri Nov 24th, 2006, 07:12 AM
For those that don't follow SMJunkie, There are some heading to IMI Sat. 11/25. should be there 10-10:30. Looks to be a bit cooler than it has been. I might go get the trailer, then we could have heat.

:cold:

Bueller
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Turned out to be a really nice day!

Dub
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 10:57 PM
Here's some of the pics Filo got on my camera, thanks again!

Dub
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 10:58 PM
And thanks for letting me hang out with all you Tards!!

Feathered upstart!
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Holy shit! Dub on a racetrack!? :lol:
Lookin good Dave:siesta:

Bueller
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Great to see you out there, too bad we didn't get you on a 'tard.
It turned out to be a nice day, just too many karts.

krod
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Yep and I didn't even crash.

eklew
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yep and I didn't even crash.

No shit, I thought you were done when Archuletta almost made contact with you with his rear wheel.

I had a great time out there!!!!!

Bueller
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I came real close to highsiding my DRZ,:shocked:
wasn't used to those tires after riding the YZ on slicks.

Filo
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Most everyone had fun. BigE hurt himself (don't know how bad, but he was heading to the urgent care last I saw).

I enjoyed riding the Yamaha Bueller. Boy that thing is a lot faster than my CRF. I am so over the DRZ though. I went into the fast corner to my normal breaking marker, hit the front brakes, and wondered why I wasn't stopping. Ooops.

Nice to see all the people. Next time we will have to get rid of the karts.

Bueller
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 02:10 PM
I am so over the DRZ though. I went into the fast corner to my normal breaking marker, hit the front brakes, and wondered why I wasn't stopping. Ooops.

What da ya want for free?:turtle:

krod
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Ya have to be careful with those DRZ's they have way to much power.

friscokidd
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 01:31 PM
so when is the next IMI outing??

Bueller
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I don't know if there will be one, apparently IMI sucks major ass. :slappers:

Probably the next 50+ deg weekend day. This weekend looks bad though.

What are you bringing out?

krod
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Yea stay away from IMI the track sucks. :) (more room for me)

eklew
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 12:03 AM

Hahahaha!!!!

Mel
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 12:28 AM

Yeah, you probably need it too. :p

Dub
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Well when they come by you sliding sideways they are about 6' wide. Now imagine one passing you on each side as you set up for a corner, that leaves about 8" of remaining track width to deal with.:lol:

Bueller
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 03:55 PM
that leaves about 8" of remaining track width to deal with.:lol:

Not a problem for a surgeon,

Dr. Dub

Thanks for the pics BTW

friscokidd
Fri Dec 1st, 2006, 09:03 AM
Probably the next 50+ deg weekend day. This weekend looks bad though.

What are you bringing out?

Sweet! I am bringing your yami-tard...and will be testing it also..hahaha ;)

Bueller
Fri Dec 1st, 2006, 06:44 PM
Boy if you weren't shopping crotch rockets all over the interweb, you'd have a nice 'tard by now. :)

krod
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Link to a cool Red Bull site. http://www.redbullcopilot.com/

friscokidd
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 07:52 AM
bueller, im shoping for crotch rockets for my boss..haha, ya know, trying to get him hooked..haha. Although, wouldnt mind having another track bike for myself, that is if they had some more tracks....

so you gonna let me try out the yammi to see if i like riding a tard?? lol

Bueller
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 04:16 PM
What's not to like? :slap:

Sure, if you show up at an IMI day you can do some laps, I usually take the DRZ with also, still fun but not nearly as fast.

friscokidd
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 04:25 PM
:) SCHWEEET

krod
Tue Dec 5th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Saturday is looking good Who's going? The ktoom is torn down so I have to bring the fast bike:lol:

eklew
Tue Dec 5th, 2006, 11:07 PM
54 degrees!!!!! woot woot.

Bueller
Wed Dec 6th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I am planning on it, but I might end up having to do something else :(

Joe
Wed Dec 6th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I'm There!!
What time are you going to be showing up?

Is there a contest for the skinniest rear tire?

How much is it to get in there again? (lowsiding my duc there a few years ago seemed to cause some memory-blockage)

I wonder if I can find/spoon on some 'tard tires for my 50 in time...

eklew
Wed Dec 6th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Joe, if you are serious about going Saturday, let me know. I may go as well and can tow your tard if ya want.

krod
Wed Dec 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Should be there around 10:30 or so.

Joe
Thu Dec 7th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Joe, if you are serious about going Saturday, let me know. I may go as well and can tow your tard if ya want.

I'll probably just throw the bike in the back of my truck and head over there early. Thanks for the offer though. And yes, I am going. I am going to try to stop by FayMyers today and see if I can get some sliders rigged up (along with a new rear tube since I picked up a flat on Sunday).

eklew
Thu Dec 7th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Right on, maybe I'll see ya out there.

Joe
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Right on, maybe I'll see ya out there.

Maybe?? Do I need to pick YOU up?? :)

krod
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Dave you going?

Bueller
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Yep, what did you do to your KTM

krod
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 05:01 PM
570 kit and cams. Havn't installed them yet.

Bueller
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 05:11 PM
:slap: Just can't leave well enough alone eh? :lol:

krod
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Thats what mechanics do, mess with things untill they break.

eklew
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Maybe?? Do I need to pick YOU up?? :)

Haha! I'll be there, I had to change the oil in the truck and I did that last night so I am a go for Saturday.

krod
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 06:37 PM
How's the shoulder Dave?

Bueller
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Sore but otherwise undamaged. You must be a little relieved that someone else took a tumble for once. :squid:

Wonder if I'll make the news :lol:

Filo
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Bueller crashed and I missed it? I guess that makes you better then me, eh Dave. :) How bad is everything (bike, you, ego, etc). Did you get a free ride to a hospital?

Bueller
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 07:40 PM
If you woulda been there I probably would have done it right in front of you and you could have run me over. :)

Bike is fine (it's a 'tard remember:banghead: ) ego is dented, no hospital, although I am thinking about it for the pain killers I could score. Best part was there was a Fox News chopper hovering over the track at the time. :oops:

Now if you want to be part of the club you too must execute a high side at the next track outing, or Krod and I will torment you unmercifully.

BTW that should include eklew also. :idea:

krod
Sat Dec 9th, 2006, 08:06 PM
At least yourbike still runs.:cussing:

eklew
Sun Dec 10th, 2006, 10:31 AM
If you woulda been there I probably would have done it right in front of you and you could have run me over. :)

Bike is fine (it's a 'tard remember:banghead: ) ego is dented, no hospital, although I am thinking about it for the pain killers I could score. Best part was there was a Fox News chopper hovering over the track at the time. :oops:

Now if you want to be part of the club you too must execute a high side at the next track outing, or Krod and I will torment you unmercifully.

BTW that should include eklew also. :idea:

Haha, I almost highsided yesterday when I locked the rear up coming down the back straight!!! Shit was fun though. Sorry I missed your highside, I'm sure it was spectacular. At least I got to see you stuck in the mud for a little while. So did you watch the news last night?

Bueller
Sun Dec 10th, 2006, 05:59 PM
So did you watch the news last night?
Uhh.....no didn't really want to relive that one :banghead:

At least yourbike still runs.:cussing:

Figure it out yet?

krod
Sun Dec 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Tore it down again. Checked the harness, ohmed out good. Stator checked out good and so did the pulse generator. Took the Cdi box and slammed it on the ground plugged it back in and the bike started right up. Going to upgrade to the vortex box. Fuckin Eurpoean engineering.

irdave
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 05:54 AM
I've been so freakin' busy with school (and the wife deciding she needed to move out) that I hadn't realized there were so many 'tards running around. WooHoo!!

After Friday morning at 9 (whence I'll start drinking Sunshine) I'll be making some time to head down to IMI when it warms back up- and as soon as I get my cylinder back from Acme... I didn't even think about my 'tard being an actual race bike, and having WATER in the cooling system- but it's only a little crack.

krod
Wed Dec 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Dave you still have have a bike to play at rampart? Was thinking of going this weekend.

Bueller
Wed Dec 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Not right now with the YZ sumo'd, am looking for a WR since I sold the Buell, but it won't happen by this weekend. What are you riding?

krod
Wed Dec 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM
If Shane does not go taking his KTM. If he shows taking the DRZ

krod
Thu Dec 14th, 2006, 08:44 PM
I rewired the harness, bike started right up :banghead: I guess I wasted 480.00 on a new vortex cdi.:cry:

eklew
Thu Dec 14th, 2006, 09:57 PM
I rewired the harness, bike started right up :banghead: I guess I wasted 480.00 on a new vortex cdi.:cry:

Can you return it at Sun?

Bueller
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Still planning on riding this weekend? weather looks like :poo:

krod
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM
yep going on sunday around 11;00. Borrowed shane's KTM. Taking the dr also

Bueller
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I have the YZ torn down to do the swing arm bearings and check valves. don't know if I will get'er back together, but if I do I'll but the dirts back on, and let you know. Anyone else going?

Filo
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Nope. I, too, have the top parts apart to check valves. The difference between me and Bueller (besides my incredible good looks) is that I know I won't be done by Sunday. Have fun.

krod
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 09:49 PM
:wtf: It takes 2 days to adjust valves?

Bueller
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 07:44 AM
It's Filo dude, he maybe an exceptionally beautiful guy (self proclaimed), but he is mechanically challenged.

Filo
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 01:16 PM
:wtf: It takes 2 days to adjust valves?

It takes me many, many days to adjust valves. First, you have to remove the seat and tank. Then you need to wash your hands to get the dirt off (remember, I am beautiful). Then you need to clean the cylinder head so that it is as good looking as I. Next, I remove the spark plug and vent hose, then get a manicure after washing hands again. Then I take off the valve cover (saving the gasket) and the crank cover and find TDC. Next, I apply a nice exfoliating mask and let it sit for 1 hour while I sit in a bubble bath with bath salts listening to Yanni. At this point, I need to decide to either press on or go for an essential oils massage. After insuring that the cam is lined up by checking the marks, I need to check both intake side and exhaust side, then have my hair extensions re-weaved, bleached, and trimmed. If everything turns out OK on the valves, I can take this chance to re-wash my hands and have the manicure touched up. At this time, I can count my little cubic zirconia nail gems to make sure I haven't dropped any in the top end. The valve cover needs to be checked for gasket integrity and reinstalled. Before I can put the seat/tank back on, I need to head to the Naked Peach for a quick Brazillian wax job. This usually takes a few hours, plus a 1/2 day recovery. Reinstall the seat and tank and I am good to go! - to the Spa for another exfolliating, essential oil avacado mask based massaging pedicure with 9 essential vitamins and minerals.

So you see, 15-20 minutes of valve checking work spreads out if you are as high maintenance as I am.

The other option is my brother is coming into town today and I am going to goof off with him and just won't get to it before Sunday. But the first story is more interesting.

BigE
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Hey Fellas! Back home from the hospital for the second time! Ankle feels mucho better without the pins sticking out of it! :lol: Course I can now set off metal detectors all over the place with my share of Ace Hardwares stainless steel screws that are in my ankle now! Only 'bout ten more weeks til no more crutches!

Dave, sorry to hear ya wrecked but glad you're alright bro!

Bueller
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Glad things are lookin' up E, I probably wouldn't have crashed on those new slicks :lol:

Doesn't look like I'll be doing any riding tomorrow, found a problem while checking valves, missing retainer clip on exh. cam, had to make sure there weren't no parts floating around.

Think I should throw some hot cams in?

I did get the swing arm piviots done.:yay:

krod
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 08:31 PM
The valve retainer broke? Did it fuck the seats up? From what I have been told the hot cams suck unless you run a high comp piston. The bottom end loses 10 to 12%. You have to run matched sets on the valve springs retainers also.

Bueller
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 06:57 AM
There is a circlip that fits into the cam retainer cap and the cam bearing that keeps it from shifting back and forth, the one on the exhaust side is missing. I can't find any trace of it. I am assuming at this point it was missing, but I tore the top end down to get a good look down into the timing chain cavity, just in case.

irdave
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 01:06 PM
I need to head to the Naked Peach for a quick Brazillian wax job. This usually takes a few hours, plus a 1/2 day recovery.

It's the Screamin' Peach, not the Naked Peach. And man! are the women working in there hot! WooHoo! (My buddy has the bicycle shop next door...)

krod
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Just finished tearing down mine again. Rampart was a bust got called into work this morning. Dave if you throw a set of hot cams in let me know. I will loan you the tools to degree them in.

Filo
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 04:02 PM
It's the Screamin' Peach, not the Naked Peach. And man! are the women working in there hot! WooHoo! (My buddy has the bicycle shop next door...)

Oops, my bad. Oh, and

Just finished tearing down mine again. Rampart was a bust got called into work this morning. Dave if you throw a set of hot cams in let me know. I will loan you the tools to degree them in.

Man, don't you guys have things to do??? Where do you get the time? More importantly, when you gonna come to my place to work on my bikes? I pay in beer.

Bueller
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Man, don't you guys have things to do??? Where do you get the time? More importantly, when you gonna come to my place to work on my bikes? I pay in beer.
I just started out to check valves and possibly get the swing arm pivots greased. They put some real crap grease in these bikes and it needs to be changed, and I knew the previous owner didn't do it.
I had planned on the total tear down for the couple of weeks in Jan. when it would be too cold for anything else, but once I got started there was no turning back.
Found a leaking fork seal so that will complete the job, did the steering head today, luckily none of the bearings needed replaced but the crap that came out of 'em was scary.
Filo, I don't drink, and you have a Honda :poo:

PsychoMike
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 04:48 PM

yea i noticed that when i walked by it for the first time the other day :hump:

eklew
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Come on Bueller, come on over and help me out with my Honda!!!!

Bueller
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Didn't think Hondas needed work :dunno:

krod
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Come on Bueller, come on over and help me out with my Honda!!!!

Dave was telling me last week how good at head he was. May want to give him a call.:slappers:

Filo
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Dave was telling me last week how good at head he was. May want to give him a call.:slappers:

You talking Dave -Bueller or Dave -irdave? It makes a difference to me. I know irdave was talking about a head job this weekend, and he is local. Bueller lives way down in South Central, so that is a bit longer of a drive, plus I would have to go into those bad neighborhoods down there. I think I would have to pass through the Aurora/Compton/Watts neighborhood on the way. That is not safe for a guy like me...

Bueller
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 03:49 PM
:cry: Just 'cause I got gay dogs don't make me a fag.:)

eklew
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 06:20 PM

Bahahahahahaha. Oh yeah, Filo, you are too pretty for Aurora!!!!! You just wouldn't be safe.

Bueller
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 06:24 PM
That is not safe for a guy like me...
Yeah, you got a purdy mouth :rolleyes:

krod
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Thats a bad ass bike.

eklew
Mon Dec 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Ooohhhh, Husky!!!!

Bueller
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 05:14 AM
Who's garage is that?

krod
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM

Don't feel bad so are mine.

eklew
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Hey krod, you got a damn pekinese too?

krod
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Yea little fooker thinks she's a pit bull.

eklew
Thu Dec 21st, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hahaha, my pekinese is a boy and thinks he's a pitbull and my pitbull, that's a girl, thinks she's a little pekinese!!!

krod
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I wonder if the track is clean. We can snowtard.:cold:

Bueller
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 04:30 PM
Get yours back together yet?
I finished my chassis regrease and fork seal replacement, and got the top end put together, just lacking that stupid $1.63 circlip that is on order. :banghead:

eklew
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 05:32 PM
I got just axle sliders and handguards for Christmas!!! woot woot.

krod
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Not yet. Have the motor at the shop. I sent the cam out to get a custom grind. ( I had a chat with bart I guess the hot cams suck.) Have not been on a bike in 2 weeks starting to go through withdraws.

BigE
Wed Dec 27th, 2006, 10:34 PM
... Have not been on a bike in 2 weeks starting to go through withdraws.

Try 30 days :banghead:...only nine more weeks til I can try weight bearing and walking again:cry::crazy:

Joe
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Eklew, The 50 Madness ontinues...

I got the rear brake all hooked up, your bracket will be finished tomorrow, and I have an extra brake lever waiting for you. You will just need to get a brake cable ($5 at Wally-World) Just swing on by tomorrow - Yeah Right, Just Kidding!! Whenever you want to come over just give me a buzz.

Joe
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM
I just had an epiphany...

If someone (not me, because I'm too cheap to get any) took their motard rims off, to go back to dirt, then put the motard BACK on...

Would their bike be called a Re-Tard??

Bueller
Thu Dec 28th, 2006, 06:23 PM
I think that only applies to the rider