PDA

View Full Version : Any FOGs remember RAD motorcycle shop

Husky
Tue Oct 10th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Just wondering if any of you FOGs remember RAD Yamaha (Rink a Dinks Yamaha) was locatd 14th and Carr St. in Lakewood and later turned into TNT motorcyles (Track n Trail).

Ghost Rider
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 06:44 AM
Yep.
Another one of those earlier owners"mountain Eddie" is a close friend. He owned Mountain Motor Sports(now GP franchise)and several others before that.

Nat

Husky
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Oh good, at least 1 repy. Now I dont feel too old

Lomax
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Oh yes I remember RAD. As I recall it was Leroy Rikert that owned it. We had good times down there.:)

Marc

Husky
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Oh yes I remember RAD. As I recall it was Leroy Rikert that owned it. We had good times down there.:)

Marc
Yup, I worked there for about 5 years during my Jr. High School days and High School days. Just saw Leroy a few weeks back, his kid Chris is still kicking butt in flat track out in Europe and Leroy still does ice racing

Lomax
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Weird and small world.

Do you happen to remember a kid they used to call Cram? That was my name spelled backwards and I always caught sht from the guys down there. I think I may even still have a RAD racing jersey. As I recall Bobby even stole my girlfriend back then :lol:

This is too weird.

Marc

Husky
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Weird and small world.

Do you happen to remember a kid they used to call Cram? That was my name spelled backwards and I always caught sht from the guys down there. I think I may even still have a RAD racing jersey. As I recall Bobby even stole my girlfriend back then :lol:

This is too weird.

Marc

Boy marc your name Eludes me. The people that stand out are of course the owner Leroy Richeradt, his son Chris, Gumby, Daughter Terry. There was some mechanicsk, Gary Glazenap, Dave Medrud, Sales guys, Cliffard, Gary Merrill etc. there was a bunch more, but I have to kick in the long term memory. I still remember when Bob Hannah came in for a pulicity stunt