PDA

View Full Version : Severly dissapointed

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Just got my bike back from FayMyers and I still can't believe what's going on. The kick stand switch of which won't allow you to start unless it's up is now working in reverse after I got it back from them. As if that's not enough their saying it was damaged prior to me bringing it to them.

I'm not in any which way or form trying to nickel and dime my way out of a forty buck switch if it needs to be replaced. But when it starts malfunctioning after I get it back what am I to expect.

Moreover, now it's leaking oil in two places the oil cooler and somewhere on the back of the block that it wasn't leaking before. This is what I get for nearly a 1000 dollars?!?!

I've spoken to some of the guys there and they say they want me to take it back to them which I don't know if it's more trouble then it's worth, being that their proclaiming that the kick stand switch was already messed up. Mess up to the point that after taking it from them I rode the bike 10mi and broke down in a parking lot and had to get a friend put it in the back of his truck and take it to my house. I'm thinking of taking it to another shop and let them fix any problems it now has and then fitting Fays with the bill and taking them to court if need be.

Many of you guys have seen me riding the bike and it never had any problems like this. I've even got a friend who will attest that it wasn't acting up like this the morning that I had taken it to them.

ahhhh what should I do?!?!

rforsythe
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Well the first thing you should do is post this in the right forum.

Next, take it back there, see if they take care of it. Without giving them a chance to make it right, you can't really cry foul too much. If you still have issues, speak with Jason White (the GM).

Moving this to the right forum.

rybo
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Step one:

Let them have a chance to fix it.

Step two:

If they fix it great, if not then proceed to step three

Step Three:

Call Ducati USA and file your complaint

Step four:

Take it to the shop the guy on the board (who owns a ducati) recommended. :D

BHeth
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Take them to court? You obviously have no experience with this.

First you have to pay a process server. Then an attorney (or not, but you know what they say "a man who represents himself has a fool for a client"). Then there are court costs. These all come out of your pocket.

IF you win, the judge will grant a judgement against them. This may be for what you think you should get, or what he feels you should get. It will include 8% interest per Colorado statute. They may or may not be ordered to pay your attorney fees and court costs.

If you lose you may be held accountable for their costs.

Here's the fun part: After you get your judgement you still have to collect your money. It's not like they write you a check after the judge swings his gavel.

The kicker: you can't make them pay you even after the judgement has been entered.

Then you hire a collection agency to harrass them. It's your only hope at that point. Fortunately, I know the best one in town. They'll only keep 43% of what they collect. They will likely settle the case for 85% of the judgement. Then they get 43% of the gross. Sound steep, but like I said, they're the best.

See what I'm getting at. Everyone wants to take people to court, but it should be the last resort.

Call Fay. Talk to the GM. They've been in business for a long time in this town. Give them a chance to make things right before you go off half cocked.

P.S. if you go the court route, make sure to bring your camera. You'll want to take a nice picture of the judge laughing his ass off when you bring your "friends" in to testify on your behalf.

King Nothing
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
many people recommened other private shops and apparently you ignored them all. tough luck.

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 08:35 PM
That sucks bro
I dont think I would want to take it back to umm they shipped your bike leaking oil. They should have ran and checked for leaks after performing all the work and it sounds like they arnt bring honest with you on the stand
This is a tuff one man. You cant be sure of the quailty of work being done. Most defantly take it to Ben afterwards and have him check to see if they fucked anything up if take back to them

dallas
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Is this the "kick him while he is down" thread?

JAFO
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 08:55 PM
2 Word's Northern Ducati

DeeStylez
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Yea That does suck though....hope everything goes well, and I honestly would take the bike to a shop that specialize on Ducati's
Learned my lesson when taking my car to the damm Econo LUbe on E. Colfax :banghead:

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Oct 11th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I know, I know, I know I should have taken the bike to Ben (kicking myself!). I'm not saying that Fay's is trying to rip me off but what I am saying is that that wasn't what I had expected from them. I never dreamed I would give them the bike working and take it back leaking and leaving me broke down in a parking lot. I always thought you get what you pay for. Evidently not...

I don't want to take anyone to court not because of the chance that I may lose, but because it's a hassle. The time I invest in doing such an action could be allotted towards riding or studying or working. Regardless of weather my families got friends who are attorneys it's still a hassle, and embarrassing to a certain extent.

They want me to take the bike back to them tomorrow which is impossible. I've got to be out the door no later then 6 for work. Then it's off to class where I'll be till 7 every Tues and Thurs. This is another reason why I'm reluctant to take it back being that it's a waste of time. Perhaps I can arrange for my cousin to take it there but then again I want to be there when it's dropped off so that I can find out in detail what's going on!

I don't know... I'll figure something out. Thanks for your comments and warning(s). I'll keep you guys posted as to what happens. I still need time to think this though and weight my options.

With regards to the from thingy, yeah I'm still sorting my way though this so thanks for the heads up and moving it.

salsashark
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 06:57 AM
There's nothing suprising in your story... unfortunately...

I'm not going to laugh or say I told you so, crap happens, sorry to hear this...

If Fay can't or Won't sort you out, contact Mike at Supertune. No kidding, he knows his stuff.

R1chie
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Is this the "kick him while he is down" thread?

Don't worry, you will get use to it.:)

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:02 AM
2 Word's Northern Ducati

My buddy bought a ST4s from NCBMWDuc. In fact it was one of the owners personal rides.

After burning through the brand new tires that were on the bike, he removed the rear wheel assembly to find that the idiots at NCBMWDuc had reassembled the system and misplaced a rear wheel spacer. it was there but it was in the wrong position. It wasn't enough to cause the rear wheel to rotate out of balance, however, it did gradually wear itself by not being in the proper space and left metal residue around the rear axle assembly. It was somewhat a fine metal dust and was not readily recognizable by first glance.

If this is the way that NCBMWDuc operates --- I say boycott the establishment.

R1chie
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
I'm not saying that Fay's is trying to rip me off but what I am saying is that that wasn't what I had expected from them. I never dreamed I would give them the bike working and take it back leaking and leaving me broke down in a parking lot. I always thought you get what you pay for. Evidently not...

I don't want to take anyone to court not because of the chance that I may lose, but because it's a hassle. .

You need to take it back to them and allow them to fix it, IMHO at least twice. If they do not fix it by the 3rd time then when you go to small claims court (which has a small fee and no costy lawyers involve) and the judge will see in good faith you tried to allow them to resolve the problem.

My guess is that Fay will resolve your problem. They do not get big and have several lines of bikes by cheating people in service (again a guess on my part) People make mistakes, motorcycle mechanics are people so let them try to resolve it. If the bike is out of warranty and it is indeed a bad switch on the kickstand then I would try negotiate with them for me to buy the switch and they install it. It would have needed to be replaced anyway and it is unlikely they would go to the trouble to damage a part like that to get you back into service to charge you more money. If they pay labor on the starter switch they are showing good faith letting you know they are a place to take your bike and if they don't, really, unless the work you brought the bike in for included taking off the kickstand and switch, it is really not their problem. If I were a mechanic, I would not want to work on bikes that were old or had a history of reliability problems. Good luck.

sprtbkbabe
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Have them fix it first

Or, if you don't want them touching the bike again, begin disputing the charges if you paid by CC. If you have another shop fix it, you can always prove that their negligence caused additional repairs out of pocket

Sully
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Sorry about your bike Bassil....

Give Fay a chance to fix it..

krod
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Fay Myers SUCKS Have had problems with the sales staff too (JOE) Take it to Bart at TK hands down the best bike mechanic in Denver.

InlineSIX24
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 10:08 PM
At least give them a chance w/ the 'two strikes' policy.

NZ Darren
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 02:30 AM
LOL!!

rybo
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 06:05 AM
ahhh nothing like a fight to get exams, work, court, and a messed up deal on the bike out of your system. So there I was behind the gas station talking on my cell when three drunk guys came up to me tried to jump me. I knew they were coming for trouble the way they where walking up to me drunk as can be...so what do I do, I smash one of them in the face with the helmet and kicked the second guy in the balls leaving him throwing up and gasping for air but the 3rd guy got a swing at me in the back of the head but I quickly started throwing blows with him. Had him tripping over himself. So then the cops show up and see me going ape on these guys and with guns drawn toss me to the ground. Thankfully there were two really cool witnesses there that helped me out big time!

yes, yes, yes yes!!!! this is just what I needed. Always feels good to knwo you beat the crap out of three guys even if they were drunk! I'm feeling so good that I'll give Fay's another chance. Who would have thought that those three guys would make my day!

You, sir, end up in the most unusual and percarious situations of almost anyone I've ever heard of. While I haven't met you, if the stories you've posted in your short time here were anywhere NEAR a representation of my daily life I would be carefully examinining the choices I made and how they were affecting me as a whole.

I've rarely met someone who just came over "looking for a fight" that didn't do so without some kind of provocation. (even if they were drunk). Moreover I've only been in one physical altercation in my life, and while I came out on top of the fight, I sure didn't leave it feeling like something "good" had happened.

The title of your thread is starting to ring true for me.

Scott

BHeth
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 06:20 AM
Anyone else smell something?

King Nothing
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 06:27 AM
:poo:

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Bassil-

I don't know you personally, you're probably a pretty decent guy...but listen man, there are somethings better left unsaid. We all do it from time to time, say something we shouldn't in a particular place or among a certain audience. However, you are doing it on a regular occasion. I just think you're inviting the responses you get here. Now, if this is what your looking to do, disregard my kind attempt to alleviate you from the jabbing that you involve yourself in here at this forum on a routine basis.

Maybe give some thought to who your audience is prior to hitting that keyboard? Maybe give some thought to the responses your posts might evoke prior to posting?

Just a thought.

P.S. I'm glad you didn't get yourself hurt...with 3 to 1 odds, things don't always turn out that way.

Canuck
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 08:36 AM

I smell a douche-bag.
This is another feeble attempt by Mr. Bassil to gather attention from other members.

Hey guys, look at me! Hear my story of how I was "jumped" by three guys and I used my helmet (even though this tread was originally about my bike being in a non-rideable condidtion 2 days ago), to violently stop the attackers from doing further harm! It was the power of my Matrix 998, that gave me the 'Neo' fighting moves. Damn, it's too bad I couldn't fly away after it was all over.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 09:12 AM
ahhh nothing like a fight to get exams, work, court, and a messed up deal on the bike out of your system. So there I was behind the gas station talking on my cell when three drunk guys came up to me tried to jump me. I knew they were coming for trouble the way they where walking up to me drunk as can be...so what do I do, I smash one of them in the face with the helmet and kicked the second guy in the balls leaving him throwing up and gasping for air but the 3rd guy got a swing at me in the back of the head but I quickly started throwing blows with him. Had him tripping over himself. So then the cops show up and see me going ape on these guys and with guns drawn toss me to the ground. Thankfully there were two really cool witnesses there that helped me out big time!

yes, yes, yes yes!!!! this is just what I needed. Always feels good to knwo you beat the crap out of three guys even if they were drunk! I'm feeling so good that I'll give Fay's another chance. Who would have thought that those three guys would make my day!

:loser:

Mel
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 09:16 AM
Hey guys, look at me! Hear my story of how I was "jumped" by three guys and I used my helmet (even though this tread was originally about my bike being in a non-rideable condidtion 2 days ago), to violently stop the attackers from doing further harm!
That, and why the hell was he behind a gas station? Who goes behind a gas station toting their gear yet leaving the bike?

Oh, and usually when 3 people come at you with intent to fight, they don't come at you like the movies where you can take them down one at a time....just in case you wondered why no one believes the story, that might be one reason why.

It was the power of my Matrix 998, that gave me the 'Neo' fighting moves. Damn, it's too bad I couldn't fly away after it was all over.
:spit: :lol:

Vance
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM

Something tells me this guy and eaheer could be BEST BUDDIES OF ALL TIME!

Gramps
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I smell a douche-bag.
This is another feeble attempt by Mr. Bassil to gather attention from other members.

Hey guys, look at me! Hear my story of how I was "jumped" by three guys and I used my helmet (even though this tread was originally about my bike being in a non-rideable condidtion 2 days ago), to violently stop the attackers from doing further harm! It was the power of my Matrix 998, that gave me the 'Neo' fighting moves. Damn, it's too bad I couldn't fly away after it was all over.

:imwithstupid:

rforsythe
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 10:40 AM
It was the power of my Matrix 998, that gave me the 'Neo' fighting moves. Damn, it's too bad I couldn't fly away after it was all over.

:lol: BWAHAHAHAHA

Bassil is not "the one"...

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Alright I deleated it. Perhaps your right I shouldn't have posted it, I posted it after I was still hyped up from the incident. But one thing is for sure is that I might just hang that police report on my wall when I get it. Anyone want to see it once I get it? probably not, not going to lie and say it doesn't feel good giving 3 guys what they got coming to them.

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 11:01 AM
have you heard bad things happen in 3's ?

Nick_Ninja
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
The Kawasaki triple was bad --------- in more ways than 3 :twisted:

http://www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/tom%20pipes/gallery/ebos_monster/67_IMG.jpg

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 11:25 AM
The Kawasaki triple was bad --------- in more ways than 3 :twisted:

http://www.kawasakitriplesworldwide.com/tom%20pipes/gallery/ebos_monster/67_IMG.jpg

This is all I have to say about that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L2Ge9SA01I

:doublefinger:

N1KSS1KS1x
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM
A little before my time but my Pops says it was badass in a straight line thats about it

Dub
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Alright I deleated it. Perhaps your right I shouldn't have posted it, I posted it after I was still hyped up from the incident. But one thing is for sure is that I might just hang that police report on my wall when I get it. Anyone want to see it once I get it? probably not, not going to lie and say it doesn't feel good giving 3 guys what they got coming to them.

It's nice to log in every day and grow with you as you learn a new life lesson on Denver's rough and tumble streets. I feel like I come away with a new appreciation of what our youth today is truly going through and sometimes even cry about it. Thanks for bringing some light to what is otherwise a very dim existance for me young Duwaik. I think we all are better for knowing you...

Feathered upstart!
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM
It's nice to log in every day and grow with you as you learn a new life lesson on Denver's rough and tumble streets. I feel like I come away with a new appreciation of what our youth today is truly going through and sometimes even cry about it. Thanks for bringing some light to what is otherwise a very dim existance for me young Duwaik. I think we all are better for knowing you...

:spit:

BigE
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 10:31 PM
The Kawasaki triple was bad --------- in more ways than 3

Hey! One of these was my first street bike! And all that stuff about the bad handling, please, ya just had pick a few lines going thru the corners and hop around a bit, sheesh. :roll:

Still remember a kid in Ft. Fun that had a H1 (500) with pipes and K&N's, all the "fast" stuff. My 750 was stock except just had rebuilt the engine. Anyhoo, the kid says after I start mine up, "wow, that's quiet...must not be very fast"....bwaaahaaa, I only took it up to third gear in our lil' stoplight GP (carried the front thru all three :rock: ) and when I looked back he was just screaming the guts outta that 500 trying to catch up :lol:

Nick_Ninja
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I had no idea that you all would even be close to associated with this cutting edge technology ---- at the time :spit: