PDA

View Full Version : Jetting/throttle response question...

irdave
Sun Mar 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Given a '94 F2.

Main jets (stock) 135.
Slow jets (stock=38) 40. -stockers were so gunked up that they wouldn't clean...
K&N and slip on...

First time riding it today at the track- Went pretty good, but I found that when I cracked the throttle on the engine would respond a little snatchy, and then have a bit of a dead spot, and then pick up again. I also found when I held the throttle at that position the engine would sound like it was running on 3 cylinders. As soon as I opened the throttle beyond that point everything was peachy.

Any ideas?

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 09:53 AM
The CBR was running shitty at Pueblo at low RPM's (running on 3 cylinders), but when you opened it up it would run fine. One of the springs fell off, making the slide not open up all the way. Not sure if that's a possibility or not, just thought I'd throw it out there. :?

irdave
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Was it right when you were cracking the throttle on that it would run crappy, and then just as soon as you got beyond that point it would run better? Or was it running crappy for a larger part of the throttle position?

Hoopty
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 03:16 PM
It seemed to go away after like 5K RPMs.

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 04:28 PM
I dunno about jetting an in-line 4 since I've only done a few Sv's. BUT the main jet seems a bit FAT, especially since on the 650 V twin, they were 128-132 mains per cylinder, and that's a 325cc cylinder! Especually up here!

irdave
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Edited for content.

wulf
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 07:36 PM
Consequently, if you have valid information, please chime in. Unless, of course, you're just trying to be a post whore. In which case, feel free to run your mouth about anything and everything, whether it has anything to do with what's going on or not, regardless of your knowledge base.

damn dude, that's a bit harsch.

he was just tryin to say that it might be a on the rich side.

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Consequently, if you have valid information, please chime in. Unless, of course, you're just trying to be a post whore. In which case, feel free to run your mouth about anything and everything, whether it has anything to do with what's going on or not, regardless of your knowledge base.

damn dude, that's a bit harsch.

he was just tryin to say that it might be a on the rich side.

Awww dave, I love you too :lol: :lol: :lol: Eat me :D Want some? Get some :) You know where you can find me :lol: I thought this was a "friendly" place? :? :? :?

KooLaid
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:15 PM
And thank you wulf :cheers: my thoughts exactly, you seem to be running a bit fat imho of course. But then again Dave, ur the "expert", i'm sure you know better :lol: :lol:

(( LO LO ))
Mon Mar 8th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Fellas...fellas. Do I need to get the boxing gloves out for you guys? Me and Barn will referee the match!!http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/uploads/boxing.gif