PDA

View Full Version : Add a maps section

McVaaahhh
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 07:47 AM
I was thinking that we could add a section where users could post up maps of their favorite rides.

Reading the different posts in the Canyon Carving section it occured to me that not everyone know where all of the canyons that get mentioned are. For example, I don't know where "Left Hand Canyon" is.

There are a lot of new people on the board that may not make it out for club rides on the weekend, but would like to go out on their own and don't really know where to go. I know that when I first started out I had no idea where a good ride could be found. Some of the fun is exploring and finding those out of reach spots, but sometimes you just want to head out after work and knoww where you're going.

I think having a section where folks could post up a map of a canyon like Peak to Peak or Deer Creek, etc. would be really useful to a lot of people.

daemon
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 07:48 AM
or just go here
www.grouprider.com

dallas
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Just what I need, to be a member of another website.

I like the idea of posting up maps. I know alot of the "hot spots" are well of the beaten path. It would also be great for dirt riders. Most of the directions I get to the good trails/riding areas, include "turn left when you see the goat tied to a tree".

suzinpink
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I second the need.... who exactly are we asking?

dallas
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 10:00 AM
I think the question is just being posed to the "Admins that be".

It should probably be something like a new section called:

Maps and Directions.

I just say the 'and directions' part because I ain't so good at puttin' pictures on the 'puter.

Nick_Ninja
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 10:13 AM
We don't need no stinkin' maps :D