PDA

View Full Version : Please increase the dimensions of profile pics

TommyTheKid
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 05:59 PM
I was thinking it would sure be nice to "See" the people we are chatting with, so that when we see them on a ride, we would maybe recognize them (ok thats pretty far fetched, but hear me out).

We have an itty bitty picture for our avatar, and a profile pic, which is nearly the same size limit. It would be cool if we could raise that limit to at least 640x480 or preferrably 1024x768, with some proper "shrinking" to fit inside the profile page without stretching things out of proportion. A click would take you to the full sized image.

Whad'ya think?

~tommy

Bueller
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Just put it in your gallery

TommyTheKid
Thu Oct 12th, 2006, 06:27 PM
I still think it would be a good thing to have a really handy profile pic, but the gallery isn't much better :)

The file you uploaded is too large.
The maximum file size in bytes is: 102400

I guess I could shrink them down to the "at least" size, 100kb isn't much room for a full color photo :)

~tommy

rforsythe
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 10:29 AM
I can up the file size in the gallery, however I don't forsee the profile pic getting much bigger. To do so would make the page look pretty bad at even 640x480, let alone 1024x768.

TommyTheKid
Fri Oct 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM
I can up the file size in the gallery, however I don't forsee the profile pic getting much bigger. To do so would make the page look pretty bad at even 640x480, let alone 1024x768.

I think 640x480 wouldn't stretch things too bad. It may need to be relocated? Maybe:

- move "yearly supporter" to the blue bar, still right justified.
(similar to "Thread: (title)" on this reply screen)
- move the image left one "td" so that the "last activity" is directly under it unstead of to the left, depending on the layout in there, it should be able to fill that space from the end of the username (and online button) to the right side.

Just some ideas, the site is great!

~tommy

TommyTheKid
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Here is one thats nearly 600x800
http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/member.php?u=716

Now you can sorta see more what I mean about moving the photo one column to the left so the "last post" stuff is below it. :)

~tommy

~Barn~
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Get it done, Ralph. Tommy isn't fuckin' playin' around here!

Nick_Ninja
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 08:53 AM
My profile pic was taken prior to my release from the Colorado Department of Corrections. (my stay with them didn't correct shit :twisted: )

TommyTheKid
Wed Oct 18th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Sorry, I have been told that I am stubborn :p

I just happened upon a profile that demonstrated what I had mentioned.

~tommy

Get it done, Ralph. Tommy isn't fuckin' playin' around here!