PDA

View Full Version : headlights????

leviathin
Sun Oct 15th, 2006, 11:30 PM
my headlights wont turn on.

so what i did was i installed some angel eyes on my 05 yamaha R1, i put everything back together, turned on my bike and everything came on except the headlights, the high beams do not work either. the running lights work fine. all gauge lights, blinkers and brake lights work fine, even my angel eyes work fine, but no headlights, i have replaced one bulb.brand new today as i broke one when i was taking them off, oops. i have checked the fuse, and even though it looked good i replaced it anyways, and if it were the fuse, the running lights wouldnt come on, but i figured i would replace it anyways. i consider myself to be a bright individual, but this is just beyond me.

.the battery has plenty of juice
.the tank isnt on, i dont think that matters but i dont want to leave anything out
.the bulbs are h7 which is OEM
.i disconnected the angel eyes just to make sure it wasnt them causing the problem some how
.all connections have been unplugged and plugged back in to make sure they are seated properly
.a visual inspection on all four bulbs looked good
.connected one of the bulbs directly to the battery and it came on

if anyone has any other suggestions on things i can try, that would be great. and thanks for your help in advance.

InlineSIX24
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Do they have a relay? If so do you hear it click? If not you could use a test light at the socket where the bulb plugs in - make sure juice is making it to there.

Ghost Rider
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Just a thought-Kaw's have to hit the starter before headlites come on. Maybe yours?
Mine only have marker lites till I engage the starter?

Nat

leviathin
Mon Oct 16th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Just a thought-Kaw's have to hit the starter before headlites come on. Maybe yours?
Mine only have marker lites till I engage the starter?

Nat

i was thinking the same thing, and for the life of me i cant remember, because the tank is off i cant start her, but when i try to turn her over nothing happens, it would be nice if i am just crazy and have to wait till the tank goes back on, i guess we will find out on wednesday, thanks for the thoughts

Player 2
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 12:42 PM
On my '06 R1 the lights don't turn on til you start her so... as GR said, I would imagine that's your "problem" ;)

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 12:50 PM
On my '06 R1 the lights don't turn on til you start her so... as GR said, I would imagine that's your "problem" ;)
+1 I'm forsure this is your problem

Dr. Joe Siphek
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 04:25 PM
yes...my kaw is the same way.

Devaclis
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 04:26 PM
My Honda does not have that problem ^^^

Feathered upstart!
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Thats because Honda likes to make people buy new batteries.:drink:

TurboGizzmo
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 05:15 PM
The bike has just lost all will to live! hehe oh and my honda doesn't have that problem either :hibye: But if you continue to have an issue (after getting the tank installed) i can swing by with a voltmeter to poke at it with.

leviathin
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 09:27 PM
okay guys, looks like it needed to be started for them to work, i was a little bored after work tonight so i decided to throw the tank on real quick just to see if the lights only come on after its started, which is true, my lights work fine, thanks for the help, i feel like a jerkess.

Gramps
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM
good to hear:)

TurboGizzmo
Tue Oct 17th, 2006, 09:34 PM
okay guys, looks like it needed to be started for them to work, i was a little bored after work tonight so i decided to throw the tank on real quick just to see if the lights only come on after its started, which is true, my lights work fine, thanks for the help, i feel like a jerkess.

No its good info to know, because i am sure it will be asked again one day. Glad you got it all sorted out.