PDA

View Full Version : NEON Lights

5cents
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:33 AM
So I got a yellow F4i.

Wanted to throw some neon lights on the bike, but not sure where to get some locally. I found plenty of sites on the web, but would like to do some compairison shopping. I was thinking 2 sets; 1 on the tail and 1 on the body work, by the engine.

Any ways, any ideas as to where to get these. OR moreover, who I should have install them, seeing how my electrical skills can be summed up as "on and off."

Any pic's of your ride with them would be sweet as well or sugestions as to locating them, color pref's, etc. See you all around.

ride on

Wahooman
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:37 AM
I had blue ones on my YZF....under the tail they looked sweet at night. I got them off the internet, but even the autozone type stores have them. Very easy to put on. Usually 2 tubes per kit and a transformer of some kind.

Player 2
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Ebay always has great deals on accessories like that...

Slacker
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 11:57 AM
You can get some at AutoZone.

Just an FYI - Neon lights are not concidered street leagal, be sure to put a toggle switch on there so you can turn them on and off. Depending on the Cops attitude you may or may not get a ticket. I had some on my GSXR600 and never had a problem. Just need to make sure they dont interfere with your other needed lights.

Frauenheld
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM
I used to have some on my CBR, it was really hot with the smokin joe colors, but here's how a cop explained it to me (in NH):

They are fine as long as the vehicle is STATIONARY, when they are on and your moving, it is considered a distraction and people've been hit with reckless endangerment for it.

my .02

5cents
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 12:54 PM
rock on.

I guess, I will head to Autozone, etc, on my way home. If their prices suck, looks like ebay or some other internet source.

Regarding the police :321:, has anyone ever tried the defense that it actually increased visability at night? Becasue the arguement of it being a distraction is a bunch of po po bull$hit.

cop's blow. :doublefinger:

ride on

Slacker
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Regarding the police :321:, has anyone ever tried the defense that it actually increased visability at night? Becasue the arguement of it being a distraction is a bunch of po po bull$hit.

ride on

A friend of mine got a ticket for having those wheel lights on the valve stems. Cop said that since they were blue they could be confused as cop lights. WHATEVER. Anyway- he went to court and they dropped the ticket as he proved the lights did not flash like cop lights.

I think they do add to your visibility but also cause a distraction for the cagers.

5cents
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 02:02 PM
I think they do add to your visibility but also cause a distraction for the cagers.

Yeah, I agree they do distract some what. But what about those stupid "pimped" rides that have neon from head to toe and blast the bass, loud enough to blow the clothes off a chick (from "The Italian Job.")?

Maybe I will have to test the legality of that law. Humm.

F'ck the police

KooLaid
Tue Mar 9th, 2004, 03:41 PM
I dunno how it works in colorado but in cali, it was legal if you could see the glowing color but illegal if you are able to see the bulb. (ex. bulb hidden behind the fairing but the light makes the engine glow, frame, etc)