PDA

View Full Version : Tank Quick Release (1tail.com stuff)

KooLaid
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Anyone have a set on their bike??? I'd love to get some for my F4i because it's a pain but wondering if it's worth it for a street bike. I'm just tired of messing with the bolts to pull my tank off. By the way, who is the 1tail.com owner here on CSC?????? (and if you're reading this, please tell me a bit more about this f4i kit, thanks!)

hcr25
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Dan sallis MRA #63 is the owner.How many times a year do you take the tank off of your street bike? I dont think it is worth just because of that.The cool factor of the kit and the fact that most street guys wont have it,would be a good reason to buy it.my 2 cents Mike

KooLaid
Thu Mar 11th, 2004, 08:16 AM
The "cool" factor isn't an issue to me at all. I could care less. I just dread taking the time to undo the tank bolts. I take the tank off about.....5 times per year and most likely more. Manual cam chain tensioner adjustment, filter cleaning every 10,000 miles. Oh wait.... It's gonna mess with the steering dampener I wanna get.......... hmmmm, maybe it's bad idea......

12pointracing
Sat Mar 13th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Your kidding, right?

There are two bolts holding on most tanks, and literally take 2 minutes each to remove. (3 bolts total)

I had some on my two-stroke GP bike...but I had the tank off (and sometimes the heads) literally every session. They were useful there...but probably not so much so on a diesel sled.

KooLaid
Sun Mar 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM
4 bolts on the tank 10 bolts total. So no, I'm "not kidding" and 8 different sizes. ;)