PDA

View Full Version : Hare Scramble

Bueller
Fri Oct 27th, 2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.vdrmx.com/2006HS.html

Anyone going?

BigE
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I was going to but we're having my kiddo's b'day party stuff this weekend. And I sold my set of dirt wheels which had ka-nobbies on them, don't think the slicks would be real fun in the mud. Interesting for sure but not much fun. :D

krod
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 09:55 PM
I'm in the same boat as BigE Don't have anything with dirt tires on it.

krod
Sat Oct 28th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Sold it. Had to pay for the ktm.

Khalid 171
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 07:01 PM
I got a couple of questions if anybody has ever been. Do you need any kind of license? What about numbers? Do you just show up and register? I have never been to it before and really don't know anything about it except for it's pretty long and they have different classes. Anybody have some info about the ins and outs of the whole thing? I think it would be pretty fun to run (quad class) but have no clue about it. Also is anybody going to go to one in November (19th)

Buddau
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
We would be running, but we don't know the track enough yet. Next year.
Us boys have been riding VDR. It's a great place to ride. We will be watching this one.

The GECCO
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 09:28 AM
I got a couple of questions if anybody has ever been. Do you need any kind of license? What about numbers? Do you just show up and register? I have never been to it before and really don't know anything about it except for it's pretty long and they have different classes. Anybody have some info about the ins and outs of the whole thing? I think it would be pretty fun to run (quad class) but have no clue about it. Also is anybody going to go to one in November (19th)

They're a lot of fun, I wanted to do the first one but didn't get my WR ready in time. You don't need a license or numbers, just show up and sign up.

They do scoring by a sticker on your helmet. The sticker has a number and is color coded according to the class you are running. Each class has it's own 'gate' at the finish line. Every lap you pull into the gate and stop, they write your number down and put a mark on the sticker on your helmet, then you take off again. It sounds like a pain, but the course is long enough that if you do 8 or 9 laps in two hours you are really haulin ass.

I'll prolly do the one next month

Khalid 171
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks Glenn. That does sound like fun. I might look into doing this coming up one. About what time do you need to show up and sign up and do you know about costs?

The GECCO
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks Glenn. That does sound like fun. I might look into doing this coming up one. About what time do you need to show up and sign up and do you know about costs?

Just show up before 10, the fees are listed on the flyer, but be aware that you have to pay BOTH the sign up and admission fees

Khalid 171
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Sounds good. :up:

Buddau
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I have a question about the Hare Scramble. I'll also ask VDR but I'll ask here as well.
I am contemplating getting my boys to race this. They are; 8 on a TTR90, and 11 on a XR80. Would they be elligible for the Mini class only? This makes me thing they would be up against 2 strokes of the same displacement. My boys would not have a chance.
We are aiming for December 10th.
I am going to try the Novice class.

The GECCO
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that's all they would be eligible for. They run the mini classes on a separate track. Even if they ARE eligible for anything else, in my opinion you don't want them out on the big course during the race.

BigE
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Glenn hit everything on the nose. The admission fees also apply to anyone coming with you for pit help so add that in too.
I haven't ran one of these for eons but they are alot of fun and use both MX tracks and the "back forty" tracks also, so just practicing on the MX track will help but won't give you the whole experience.
Just picked up some dirt tires so may try doing the Dec. one.

Filo
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 12:18 PM
A friend of mine in his 30s did the last one. I went out with him a few times and practiced. The course goes on and on and on. He ended up getting 6th place, which is pretty good. He couldn't move very well after because he was so sore. There were 300 people on the big hare track (something like 9 miles), so it was a little crowded...

Khalid 171
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Did anybody go to this last one?

Bueller
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 06:26 PM
Let's get this going again, the Jan 7 race was snowed out and so was the rain date. It has been rescheduled for the 28th.
Is anyone game for this? Hell I am sure it'll warm up a bit by then :lol:
I just picked up my new (to me) '04 300 EXC and am now in search of some ridin'.
I am back on a pumpkin smoker! And yes Dean, this one will have a plate, I need to talk to you about that.

Buddau
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 06:41 PM
I'm so out of shape! There is no way I can ride for that long. Maybe next year.....

Bueller
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 06:46 PM
You're not out of shape, you are just a round shape. Come on man I am old and half crippled, and 20 lbs. over weight. You don't have to win! You could just take it steady. You know you might be dead next year, and that would make it even harder to finish.

Buddau
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
That would be fun to elbow you out of my way again. :turtle:

Bueller
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Just until you run turn 2 too wide :lol:

Buddau
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 08:37 PM
:lol: I never did get that turn right. Good times.
I'll do the H/S next year. I have only ridden that track 3 times, and I did not do the H/S course either of those trips. I'm very new to this dirt bike thing. I'm still getting used to not having traction.

Bueller
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 09:00 PM
I haven't ridden there in probably 15 years, and the last one I did, we ran through the farmers fields to the south of the track, so I have effectively never ridden the course at all. I definitely won't be going balls to the wall. You're just making up excuses,:gay: this is just good practice for riding next summer:)

krod
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 09:05 PM
Sounds good to me as long as its not to frickin cold.

Bueller
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 09:46 PM
So it looks like it will be $30 race entry + $10 admission + $5 (or $20 for purchase) transponder.
Wow, almost as much as a track day at Pueblo :shock:

Still pretty cheap to kick your own ass.

Sounds good to me as long as its not to frickin cold.
Cold is relative, at least it's not asphalt

krod
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 09:51 PM
What time and where? I see you bought yourself a real bike :)

Bueller
Sat Jan 20th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Yeah I am one of the cool kids now, very Euro! Hope the damm thing runs.
Berthoud Dirt track
Info here (http://www.vdrmx.com/2006HS.html)

Filo you don't have a hair on your ass if you don't throw the dirt wheels on for this :lol:

Buddau
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 12:05 PM
Which bike are you going to ride in the H/S?

Dysco
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 12:18 PM
I'm still getting used to not having traction.

You have plenty of traction. And every rider who passes you, from little girls to old men will be more than happy to show you that.

Go there, get your butt kicked, and get a 2 hour long lesson in cornering. You can always pull over and take a breather if you're huffing.

My best advice is to watch out for the whoops. I may have busted a couple of ribs being stupid in them a few years ago...

Bueller
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 12:26 PM
Which bike are you going to ride in the H/S?
KTM 300 EXC

Dysco
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
KTM 300 EXC

Coming full circle, huh? Didn't you have one of those a while back?

Bueller
Sun Jan 21st, 2007, 01:14 PM
Yup

krod
Mon Jan 22nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
I borrowed Shane's ktm for this. Havn't been on a hare scramble in 10 years so don't laugh to hard when I puss out half way.

Bueller
Mon Jan 22nd, 2007, 08:01 PM
I may have to throw the dirt set back on the YZ, got the KTM up on a stand and found the wheel bearings needed replaced, so I am going to tear it down and check all the bearings, and replace the plastic, ordered the shit today, so I doubt it'll show 'till next week. Guess I'll wait and see if they are going to run this on Sunday or not.

krod
Thu Jan 25th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Is this still on?

Bueller
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Just looked at the website and it is rescheduled for 2/4. I wasn't going to make this Sunday anyway, parts didn't arrive yet and I didn't really want to convert th YZ back to dirt and get it covered in mud, besides I still need to break in the new top end.

Sully
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 09:37 AM
:idea:... well, if you give me $25, you can come over and I'll kick your ass for you ? ... (not talking bikes or anything)... :lol:

Bueller
Fri Jan 26th, 2007, 03:48 PM
:idea:... well, if you give me $25, you can come over and I'll kick your ass for you ? ... (not talking bikes or anything)... :lol:

That's a mighty tempting offer
http://home.comcast.net/~mra999/insult_013.gif

I had to scroll back through the thread to figure out were that came from :lol:

Bueller
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 04:27 PM
Looks like the rescheduled date has been bumped again to the 18th. Now the next regular scheduled race will be on the 11th and then the make up will be a week after that. Hopefully there will be some racing some time this winter. :scream1: At least this gives me time to get the Katoom fixed up.:siesta:

Buddau
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:53 PM
I would be willing to join Sully in taking your $$ and kicking your butt also. :slap:
Yea, I'm bored. Can't even work on the bike in the garage. It's too damn cold.

Filo
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:59 PM
Looks like the rescheduled date has been bumped again to the 18th. Now the next regular scheduled race will be on the 11th and then the make up will be a week after that. Hopefully there will be some racing some time this winter. :scream1: At least this gives me time to get the Katoom fixed up.:siesta:

What are you doing to the KTM? Putting in a Japanese engine so it starts when you want it to? :D

Bueller
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:58 PM
Ha! fucking HA! Now I am going to have to be sensitive to those remarks rather than throwing them at Krod.

So here is the KTM put back together. Man I love the smell of 2 stroke in the garage! F'ing thing hauls, wheelies as nice as the YZ, can't wait to get her out. I can see it will need some carb tunning though.
It came with orange plastic, but I have never really been a fan of the pumpkin colors.
http://home.comcast.net/~mra999/KTM22.jpg

Bertha
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 10:08 AM
UGH I can't wait to get back on my dirty!

She needs a little TLC before I can ride again... Must get off my ass and do it! :)

Bueller
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 04:06 PM
UGH I can't wait to get back on my dirty!

She needs a little TLC before I can ride again... Must get off my ass and do it! :)
Holy crap man what have you been doing all winter long? I've rebuilt 2 and maintenanced the fuck out of the other.
Get it done and go to the Hare Scramble, what could you need to do? Bike's relatively new ain't it? And it's a suzuki so it should own.

Bertha
Mon Feb 5th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Holy crap man what have you been doing all winter long? I've rebuilt 2 and maintenanced the fuck out of the other.
Get it done and go to the Hare Scramble, what could you need to do? Bike's relatively new ain't it? And it's a suzuki so it should own.

Well now that you mention it... I need to do very little work.. But if you know a few things I wouldn't mind some help... Bearings etc... and YEs I'm intrested in these Hare Scrambles

Bueller
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Looks like the race is still on for Sunday, heard they they are scraping the track.

Bertha, I'll probably be racing the next two weekends, but if you need some help I can give you a hand, do you have the service manual on your bike?
I am sure it could survive another ride or two.

Bueller
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Sorry Guy's
Due to what would have been a mudfest race, we are once again postponing the race. Hopefully, by next Sunday, February 18th and the following Sunday, February 25th we can get the races in. We just need the weather to cooperate, maybe a little wind to dry the place out a little bit.
:(

Bueller
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 08:15 AM
The MX tracks are open at Berthoud, I think I am heading up there to get my jetting dialed in, anyone else?

krod
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM
That track will put a hurtin on ya :rock: . Have fun I would go but still looking for another bike.

Buddau
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Too sick to ride now that the weather is better. :banghead:
I could use some help with my jetting also.
There is an AMA dirt bike race in Huston on channel 4 right now.

FZRguy
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Watkins is also open but it’s a mud bog too.

Dysco
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 01:10 PM
I have a brand new set of mud tires in 21/19... cheap if anyone needs them.

Bueller
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 04:47 PM
The track was a muddy disaster, almost totally unrideable, I managed a few laps and packed it up. Washed a good 10 lbs. of mud off at the car wash (boy is someone gonna be pissed), then came home and washed the other 3lbs. off.

The Katoom has a 18 rear:( I have a brand new Dunlop 19" I bought for the YZ I wish would fit.

Buddau
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Bueller, your an animal. Thanks for the track report.

Bueller
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Well now that I bought the yearly membership I guess I gotta ride there some more now.
Rich what issues are you having with your jetting ?

Buddau
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 07:55 PM
I'll IM you my issues on the jetting.
Us boys plan to ride more at VDR so we all can race the H/S next year.
My neighbor has had a KTM 300EXC for a while now. That is one fast bike!

FZRguy
Sun Feb 11th, 2007, 09:42 PM
I heard that Aztec is in better shape…might have to hit that up.

Bueller
Fri Feb 16th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Race is postponed again, so it looks like IMI is the ticket. Gonna take the Super Moto and the dirt bike.

Buddau
Fri Feb 16th, 2007, 09:16 PM
UH, do you mean mud bike?

FZRguy
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 12:11 AM
I stopped by Berthoud today on the way to Loveland. Closed and lots of mud…gonna need a couple weeks of sunny and 60 before it’s worth a damn. We’re planning on Aztec or some new track in the Springs next Sunday or Monday…assuming it doesn’t snow a foot between now and then.

Bueller
Sun Feb 18th, 2007, 05:58 PM
There were people playing on dirt bikes and quads at IMI but I didn't even bother to unload mine, it was still way to muddy, and I didn't feel like cleaning that mess up again. The asphalt was fine though!

Bueller
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 06:01 PM
H/S is on for tomorrow 2/25

Buddau
Sat Feb 24th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I saw some dirt bikes on a trailer headed from VDR tonight that were NOT muddy. Should be a good day for a hare scramble!

FZRguy
Sun Feb 25th, 2007, 09:23 PM
So did anyone do the H/S today?

Buddau
Mon Mar 5th, 2007, 11:44 AM
The VDR hare scramble is Sunday, March 11th. Anyone going? I probably will.

Bueller
Sun Mar 11th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Damn, I hurt :puppy:

Was a different experience for sure. There are some guys that just plain haul ass! Nothing like having someone pass you with their tires 5' over your head while they are doubling and tripling the jumps. Made it 1.75 hrs. into the 2 hr. race and said enough is enough.
Next time I won't forget my chest protector, I have welts on my chest and stomach from the roost the big thumpers were throwing up.
The rain made the traction good, a little mud in places but not bad.
Next race (final) is April 22, guess I'll decide later if I want to do it or if I just stick to the trails.

Buddau
Mon Mar 12th, 2007, 08:19 AM
That track will put a hurtin on ya :rock: . Have fun I would go but still looking for another bike.
I made it 1 hour 40 minutes. I am hurtin, though I did make it to work today.
That track was great. I am going to start getting my boys faster and get them into the kids H/S in April.
Some of those guys were flying! I have great respect for them. How good of a shape they are in to ride at that level for 2 hours.
It was fun hanging with you Bueller. We'll have to meet up at VDR again but this time at a slower pace with more water breaks.
The roosts were so bad that my head light was broken out! Don't forget your chest protector!

Chikaleen
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 06:58 PM
No one's posted for a while, when's the next thing comin up that I could get involved in?

Bueller
Sun Apr 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM
April 22 is the last in the series, I will be racing Supermoto that particular day but Buddau said he is going to do it.

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:26 PM
Here is a link to a bunch of pics from the last VDR Scramble 11/18
http://mjskier.smugmug.com/gallery/3851267#223491471

Clarkie
Thu Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:32 PM
Scott and I could be up for the one in December

Bueller
Thu Nov 22nd, 2007, 02:39 PM
I think there is going to be a couple of us going.

Buddau
Thu Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:40 PM
April 22 is the last in the series, I will be racing Supermoto that particular day but Buddau said he is going to do it.
I did much better at that April H/S.
When doing these Hare Scrambles, have a hydration pack full! Also try to relax and pace yourself the 1st few laps. Try not to lay the bike down, it wasts lots of energy picking your bike up. Don't follow the guy in front of you.
Tape over your headlight or remove it. Wear a chest protector! The roosts from the faster guys will hurt you.
It's a long race, I lost the sence of time and just kept going until they stopped me.
Have fun!

rforsythe
Fri Nov 23rd, 2007, 11:31 AM
I am thinking about it on the 9th. That's right after I get back from being out of town though so we'll see.

Buddau
Sun Nov 25th, 2007, 06:50 PM
I'm gonna start sweet talking the wife so I can race the next H/S on Dec. 9th. I'm outta shape again, but that does not seem to matter any how.

Got my jetting spot on! Man, I love how my bike runs now. :makeout:
So who's in for making a CSC showing at VDR on December 9th?

Clarkie
Sun Nov 25th, 2007, 06:53 PM
we were at Berthod this afternoon, just a little snow on the ground in some shaded areas btu the back part of the track was pretty good, since i just sold my 250F I was rocking a '95 CR250:alien:, do they have a vintage class at the HS races?

Bueller
Sun Nov 25th, 2007, 06:59 PM
maybe I should put the dirt wheels back on my 450 :turtle:

Buddau
Sun Nov 25th, 2007, 07:25 PM
maybe I should put the dirt wheels back on my 450 :turtle:
And get a chest protector, your gonna need it.

Bueller
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Had one last time, just forgot to bring it, big mistake for sure.
Clarkie you round up a fofiddy yet? Do you guys have a used front MC layin' around after workin' on Filo's Honduh?

Clarkie
Mon Nov 26th, 2007, 05:16 PM
just got back from Snowboarding, bikes will wait for tomorrow :)

BlueDevil
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Rich: Hit up Chris Weed.. I think he may be interested on his new dirt toy...
Jen and I will come out an pit bitch for you guys.. DARC RACING BABY !!! Ill video and take pics too...

Clarkie
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 05:23 PM
picked up my new (to me) 06 YZ450F, time to practice my backflips :alien:

Ray-Ray
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 05:36 PM
Clarkie got a Yamaha???? WOW!! Very Nice!! Great bike!

Bueller
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:01 PM
picked up my new (to me) 06 YZ450F, time to practice my backflips :alien:
Yami FTW!

Still sleepin' at the shop? :lol:

Clarkie
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:05 PM
my 450 has more gears than yours, neener, neener, neener :)

Bueller
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:09 PM
HP??????????????

Clarkie
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:13 PM
Clarkie got a Yamaha???? WOW!! Very Nice!! Great bike!

ya dude, almost bought a Honder but i would have had to kick my own ass if i did :scream1:

Clarkie
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM
HP??????????????

no point going on the dyno until i get the wheels and gearing for it (they were 10hp on my 250), but i wont stop until it is more than your YZ Dave :drink:

Bueller
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:22 PM
Crap, I thought you'd be out there tweakin' on it 'till it got too cold and dark to go on.
And yeah you really need more power and gears to kick my ass :no:

Clarkie
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:26 PM
you didnt hear about when we tested squeezing the juice on my 250, 42hp baby :alien:

Buddau
Tue Nov 27th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Looks like I'll be in for the H/S on Dec. 9th, (weather permitting). Now to get back into shape good enough to put a whoopin on Bueller.

For the people that have not been riding at VDR, you must buy a yearly VDR membership which costs $13, in addition to the non-pro $30 Hare Scramble fee.
Admission to watch us get beat up is $12.
Click here for more info...Valley Dirt Riders (http://www.vdrmx.com/)

Go DARC Racing!

Buddau
Wed Dec 5th, 2007, 09:16 PM
So who is going to chicken out because of the cold? The forcast as of Dec. 4th for Sunday is a high temp of 30 with light snow.
I got my winter gloves and a sweater out, I'm ready!

BlueDevil
Thu Dec 6th, 2007, 11:57 AM
Im still going !!!

Ghost
Thu Dec 6th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Scott and I could be up for the one in December

Depending on the weather, we've got 8-12 people from Fay (parts, sales, service) planing on going. Some are complete dirt noobs, some are local racers, so it'll be a good spread of people.

We're hoping to have the FMMW panel truck and some pop-ups out there so feel free to stop and BS with us. If you need help with your bike some of our guys might be able to assist, and certainly some of the racers can give advice.

Other than crashing while freezing in the 20-degree weather, it should be a blast! :lol:

Buddau
Thu Dec 6th, 2007, 09:34 PM
VDR may postpone the race due to the cold weather. Everyday I check the weather forcast, Sunday looks worse.
Check with the VDR hotline 303-477-6979 for up dates.

rforsythe
Thu Dec 6th, 2007, 11:14 PM
Now looking like 20-25 degrees and snow. Lame.

Clarkie
Thu Dec 6th, 2007, 11:29 PM
I will still race if it is 20'F............... but then I'm not real smrt :)

Bueller
Fri Dec 7th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Postpwned! :cold:

1 week

Buddau
Fri Dec 7th, 2007, 09:11 PM
I won't put my cold riding gear away yet.
As of now next week looks to be sunny but in the low 40's. That's much better riding conditions.

Snow is lame.

AshliRider44
Sat Dec 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM
I might be doing this HS after all.... hmmmmmm thats only if I get talked into it by then.

Bueller
Sat Dec 8th, 2007, 12:30 PM
I might be doing this HS after all.... hmmmmmm thats only if I get talked into it by then.
And what pray tell would you ride in this HS event?

Ghost
Sat Dec 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM

http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/image.php?u=1268&type=sigpic&dateline=1196114971

My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Hoopty, duh. :P Two hours running hard in the snow/dirt too, poor guy...hopefully EMTs will be on hand for the eventual heart attack.

Clarkie
Sat Dec 8th, 2007, 06:43 PM
well since Scott and I are stuck in a hotel in Rawlins probably a good thing, I80 ucks ass when it is solid ice for 216 miles straight :banghead:

Bueller
Sat Dec 8th, 2007, 06:50 PM
WTF are you doing up in Gawds kountry?

Clarkie
Sat Dec 8th, 2007, 08:08 PM
went out to Utah for a sponsor meeting and rather than drive home last night we ended up at a dive bar with some friends :drink:

AshliRider44
Mon Dec 10th, 2007, 08:48 AM

Mrs. Weed's CRF230, maybe it will help me decide between da hondas and da yamis :hump:

Bueller
Mon Dec 10th, 2007, 10:35 AM
There is no comparison between the 230 and a WR250, the 230 is a beginners bike, and the suspension is only slightly better than your old XR200. Give it a whirl but I think yopu should be looking at the CRF250X if you want a honduh.

rforsythe
Mon Dec 10th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Just wondering, but where was the postponement of the race communicated other than through forum word of mouth? Where is the official "word" sent out?

Bueller
Mon Dec 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580984
Enclosed you will find the hotline # but TT Rocky mnt. region forum is the most up to the minute source.
VDR Pete is the man.

Buddau
Mon Dec 10th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Ralph, I gave the phone number previously. That way anyone could get the "official" word.
As Bueller stated, Thumper Talk is where VDR Pete posts up to date news about VDR.
I also gave a link to the VDR website that you can find any info you will ever need to learn about VDR.

VDR may postpone the race due to the cold weather. Everyday I check the weather forcast, Sunday looks worse.
Check with the VDR hotline 303-477-6979 for up dates.

Again, Bueller is correct. I was considering a CRF 230. Somehow, Bueller knows what he is talking about. I would agree with Bueller in that the CRF230 would be out grown very quickly. A CRF250X or WR250F is the way to go.
I love my WR250F.

Bueller
Mon Dec 10th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Again, Bueller is correct. I was considering a CRF 230. Somehow, Bueller knows what he is talking about. I would agree with Bueller in that the CRF230 would be out grown very quickly. A CRF250X or WR250F is the way to go.
I love my WR250F.
Somebody told me what to say :)

Ash, a newer XR250 is a really capable bike also, I had one a few years back, and just to see if it was worth a crap I took it CCW on the Bear Creek trail (now closed), It was the most difficult sustained trail in the Rampart system. It got my fat ass over everything with out a problem.
They are kick start only though.

AshliRider44
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Somebody told me what to say :)

Ash, a newer XR250 is a really capable bike also, I had one a few years back, and just to see if it was worth a crap I took it CCW on the Bear Creek trail (now closed), It was the most difficult sustained trail in the Rampart system. It got my fat ass over everything with out a problem.
They are kick start only though.

Since I will probably only have one foot down on the big girl bikes I definitely want an electric start. Were going to keep an eye out for a CRF250X or WR250F still :up:

Buddau
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM
You can get one foot down? I have to find a high spot or use my trailer. :)
I''m still taller than Geko.

FZRguy
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Have the bike lowered so you can touch the correct way...by shortening the stroke of the forks/shock. It's expensive but will dramatically improve your confidence and riding.

Buddau
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the tip, but I'll be OK. Oh, were you talking to Ashli?

FZRguy
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yeah, it prolly wouldn't help you much.

Bueller
Tue Dec 11th, 2007, 08:56 PM
Are you saying there is no hope for Rich :)

AshliRider44
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 12:08 PM
Have the bike lowered so you can touch the correct way...by shortening the stroke of the forks/shock. It's expensive but will dramatically improve your confidence and riding.

I dont have any problem with only getting one foot down, I dont need to touch both feet down at the same time when I ride anyway ;) I hate how low my bike was so lowering the next one isn't really an option. My confidence is probably too high when I go riding anyway :lol: in other words it wont effect it.

Filo
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 03:08 PM
Since I will probably only have one foot down on the big girl bikes I definitely want an electric start. Were going to keep an eye out for a CRF250X or WR250F still :up:

You know, if you are real nice to me, I may lend you the CRF250X to try out. If I can ever get it back from Epic, I am planning on going to the Hare Scramble. If you are there, you can take it for a spin (assuming I don't total it in the scramble).

Bueller
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Lookie there Ash, you just might get to ride a girls bike after all. :lol:

Buddau
Wed Dec 12th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Are you saying there is no hope for Rich :)
There is hope for me because you can teach an old dog new tricks. Your living proof of that Bueller.

AshliRider44
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 08:27 AM
You know, if you are real nice to me, I may lend you the CRF250X to try out. If I can ever get it back from Epic, I am planning on going to the Hare Scramble. If you are there, you can take it for a spin (assuming I don't total it in the scramble).

Right on, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you. :D

Lookie there Ash, you just might get to ride a girls bike after all. :lol:

You're a meanie. :no:

Buddau
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 07:27 PM
As of Thursday, VDR Pete says the race is on! They have been discing the course. Lets hope this last storm on Friday will be a dry one.
Who's in? I am! Meanie, uh, I mean Bueller, you in?

Bueller
Thu Dec 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I don't know, Ashli cut me to the bone on that one, I can only hope to recover by Sunday. I am old and heal slowly.

Filo
Sat Dec 15th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Right on, I'll definitely keep an eye out for you. :D

Now I am going to be the meanie. Also I will be called lame by people like Bueller. Oh well. Ash will now join the long list of women I have disappointed - I am not going to the scramble tomorrow. I plan on attending some, but I don't have the bike together and I don't have the time to do it. I will make one of them.

Bueller
Sat Dec 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Well, well, well, I never saw this coming. Lame? No, I wouldn't call you lame, I will just call you consistent. A constant source of disappointment. You should have just held off a bit until they announced that is is postponed again. Then you could come out beating your chest *cough cough* pronouncing how you were "ready willing and able" but those pansy asses couldn't nut up and just run with it.
Well Constance (no more Nancy for you), hopefully you break character and we'll see the mighty 99 at the next adventure.

Bueller
Sat Dec 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I will still race if it is 20'F............... but then I'm not real smrt :)
Just in case you are looking here :lol:

Clarkie
Sat Dec 15th, 2007, 11:33 AM
i meant 120F :)

Bueller
Sat Dec 15th, 2007, 01:52 PM
20' C = 68' F

:cold::shocked::wait::slap:

http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5418&highlight=

Buddau
Sun Dec 16th, 2007, 04:10 PM
It was a mud fest! Good thing I had water proof stuff on, otherwise I would have been screwed.
It was slippery at 1st and just got worse. The last 2 laps were just putting around trying not to fall over anymore.
Over all I had a great time. DARC Racing did very well! We finished!

BlueDevil
Mon Dec 17th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Lots of pics of 12/16/07 HARESCRAMBLE
here: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18643