PDA

View Full Version : help with custom paint on my hayabusa

Slo
Mon Oct 30th, 2006, 02:41 PM
Hey everyone,
couple of things..... most of you know that my motorcycle was stolen and now recovered damaged. So.....it is undergoing some "work". I am looking for some help with ideas. Nothing too crazy but something nice for show and at the strip.
Bike is an 06' Hayabusa,
here are a couple of pics to get familiar with something I like.... want it to be based on white with blue "accents". Any help would be appreciated whether done digitally or on paper. If I choose your design I will give you some $$$$ for your time. Probably along the line of 100-200 bucks. Heres a couple of pics of something I found that I liked:
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2212/1030061305vw7.jpg
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/413/1030061307wa0.jpg
http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8231/1030061403zw9.jpg

Thanks,
Jay

Vance
Mon Oct 30th, 2006, 02:44 PM
I sense a rendition of "whachyoknowabout gixxa 1000" being ready to be bust out.

Devaclis
Mon Oct 30th, 2006, 02:45 PM
You posted a pic of Barn on a Busa. You have got balls my man.

Slo
Tue Oct 31st, 2006, 12:53 PM
I must have missed something?

Kendo
Tue Oct 31st, 2006, 02:05 PM
Just paint it Primer black..... give it the stealth look....

Slo
Tue Oct 31st, 2006, 02:40 PM
I sense a rendition of "whachyoknowabout gixxa 1000" being ready to be bust out.

What do you mean by that?

JAFO
Tue Oct 31st, 2006, 09:07 PM
You have alot to paint on a Busa

Project Sh*tbox
Tue Oct 31st, 2006, 10:26 PM
find a person that can translate english in to Kanji and get the phrase "compensation for my small penis" painted down the side...

-ASC

d3spair
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 12:46 AM
I assume you're going to extend it, my only advice is to stay AWAY from the chrome. If I see one more god damn bling bling hayabusa I'm going to fucking puke. They CAN look really really good even extended. I think the white paint is a good idea, personally my favorite color on a bike, next to a nice red like the newer R1's have. Also I think asking other people for ideas is a mistake, it's your baby, be creative and have fun making what you want. Post pics when it's done :)

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 08:04 AM
Jay,
How about a digital-dot urban camo job, like the military uses on their battle field gear? Or, you could get one of those cool (not too flashy) vinyl application advertisements. Might make a few payments on your bike.

Slo
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 02:45 PM
Jay,
How about a digital-dot urban camo job, like the military uses on their battle field gear? Or, you could get one of those cool (not too flashy) vinyl application advertisements. Might make a few payments on your bike.

Got enough camo while in the military haha.

The shop and I both have ideas but was looking to see if someone mentioned something different.

Thanks for everyones helpfull posts.

BTW the Bus will still make it up to the mountains once it's finished. ;)

Fly boy
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 03:01 PM
what about a custom job using the paint that shows under blacklight. Put some sort of tribal in it, then at night flick a switch for a few blacklights to come on and show the tribal. :dunno:

Slo
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 03:19 PM
what about a custom job using the paint that shows under blacklight. Put some sort of tribal in it, then at night flick a switch for a few blacklights to come on and show the tribal. :dunno:

Not a bad idea but I won't be installing any additional lights. I know everyone here is suspecting this crazy bling bike but it will be functional for drag racing, and yes, will be a show bike as well.

But the paint will definitely be something different.

Thanks for the idea though.

Fly boy
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 03:25 PM
then go for the glow in the dark stuff.... might be a little trickier, but still the same concept.

Slo
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 03:28 PM
The bike in the end will not have any chrome mirrors, will have block off plates and bar-end mirrors, stock windscreen with another one painted just for shows. Still have time to make up my mind on what wheels to get later, possibly a 240 kit. Next year will look into getting a turbo installed and tuned as well among other things. Will be fun taking the bike and car to events and shows.

Will also be fun taking the other bike to the next MRA school.

Dub
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 08:44 AM
I'm not really into the stretched bike thing, but have always thought building a stealth Busa would be really cool if I had the $$. I'm talking semigloss black bodywork and black powdercoat for everything else possible. Fatty rear tire, stretched/braced swingarm and lowered for the drag look. I'm not sure if that would be "showy" enough for you, but would be a departure from the chrome/polished/tribal flame bikes that seem to be abundant.

Slo
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
I'm not really into the stretched bike thing, but have always thought building a stealth Busa would be really cool if I had the $$. I'm talking semigloss black bodywork and black powdercoat for everything else possible. Fatty rear tire, stretched/braced swingarm and lowered for the drag look. I'm not sure if that would be "showy" enough for you, but would be a departure from the chrome/polished/tribal flame bikes that seem to be abundant.

Just put a deposit down on an extended swingarm last night. no tribal or flames on this bike in the works. We have a theme going but still making decisions still. I am going by Mile High Superbikes on Saturday to see some ideas.