PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem

yoda
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 07:38 AM
my clutch is messing up after everything on sat. even the wheelie school. here is what is happening when i let out the clutch and turn the throttle the rpm go up and the speed of my bike has to catch up to the rpms instead of just taking of like it used to. if you have and suggestions are need mor info just let me know, but please help me. :D :D :D

Wahooman
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Needs a clutch, it is gone.

Anonymous
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 09:23 AM
:imwithstupid:
Your clutch is burnt. :|

yoda
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM
any ideas where i can get it replaced or get ne new clutch and do it my self and how hard is it to do

yakuza
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 09:42 AM
First I'd take a look at the service manual, see what is involved and what tools you'll need, and price out a clutch kit. Then I'd call Tfog or TK Motorsports and see if the price difference is worth your time and effort.

BenDover
Mon Mar 15th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Replacing your clutch is fairly easy, if you have general bike mechanical ability. But, I wouldn't suggest that replacing your clutch be your first project (mechanically speaking). Although, if you have the manual and you buy the parts, I'm sure quite a few of us would be willing to help. I would help, assuming it doesn't require any "special" tools.

Anonymous
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 09:44 PM
1. Your clutch is fried, a lot of us noticed that Saturday...

2. Call up Ron Ayers (www.ronayers.com), ask for Chip, tell him Team Skinny sent ya. Order clutch plates and fibers, prolly a gasket too.

3. Purchase beer to bribe mechanically-inclined club members to come over and replace your clutch. Should take about an hour at the most for someone who has done it before, adjust time accordingly depending on amount of pre-wrenching beer consumption.

Gramps
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 09:54 PM
prolly cost less to take it to a shop

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

specialk_34
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 06:08 PM
If nothing else, taking it to a shop can tell you whether or not you have to replace both the steel and fiber plates together or just the fibers. Often, you can have the steel plates removed and run through a hone to "freshen" them up, saving you the expense of buying them. The fibers always definately have to be replaced....