PDA

View Full Version : ride saturday 11-4-06 good weather

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 09:24 AM
the usual: conoco, c-470 and morrison. it might be a bit chilly for a 9/10 a.m. start so let's meet up at 10:30 for a 11 take-off. the frozen bits should be melted by then. then off for a good ride and a warm bowl of soup.

highs in the 60's:). we won't see a whole bunch more of that:(.

who's in?

R1Corona
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM
Im in

suzinpink
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM
This is my weekend with the kiddos. I have been having trouble starting my bike as of late anyway. So I am sure I wouldn't get to go...
I hope you all have some fun!!!!
T

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 09:31 AM
what route ?

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 09:42 AM
what route ?Oh, that'll depend on who wants to go where that morning, the clouds, wind, road reports, etc. sometimes it's nice to get in a medium ride with a snack somewhere up in the hills.

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 09:43 AM
This is my weekend with the kiddos. I have been having trouble starting my bike as of late anyway. So I am sure I wouldn't get to go...
I hope you all have some fun!!!!
Tyou need a sidecar and and a 120 volt starter. probably got some coyote fur stuck up in there.

konichd
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 10:11 AM
I'll be there! :) I just hope the weather and roads are good. Last weekend I just sat and stared at Mark's 999 Duc! :(

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 10:16 AM
How bad do guys think the roads will be sand wise ?

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 10:18 AM
How bad do guys think the roads will be sand wise ?a few folks rode last sunday. perhaps they could chime in?

konichd
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 10:18 AM
Depends on the route, most are going to suck (sand, water runoff, etc). But there are a few of the "usual winter routes" on the southside. :)

suzinpink
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM
you need a sidecar and and a 120 volt starter. probably got some coyote fur stuck up in there.

I had to jump her with the truck to getter started on Sunday. Wassup wit dat???? I should hook up the charger...

konichd
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 11:14 AM
I had to jump her with the truck to getter started on Sunday. Wassup wit dat???? I should hook up the charger...

You should hook DK up with that schoolgirl you brought to the Haloween party! ;)

suzinpink
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 11:17 AM
she's mine
all mine
really....

suzinpink
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 11:18 AM
by the way... she's the one who give me that lipstick kiss mark on my avatar....

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 11:28 AM
by the way... she's the one who give me that lipstick kiss mark on my avatar....oh, so that's what that is called. i thought it was on your a..

suzinpink
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 11:40 AM
oh, so that's what that is called. i thought it was on your a..

LOL funny Pilot....

konichd
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 12:18 PM
If its bad out.....I'm just going to go to the park instead. :)

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
we may be in need of another party night by then...

konichd
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 12:43 PM
Perhaps a viewing of "Death Race 2006?"

Vehicle 1
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 01:59 PM
I’m in!

We rode on Sunday (10/29) and there were a variety of road conditions (Indian Hills area). Not too bad I thought, and kinda fun… in my opinion it was worth it. Terra made sure we got a good winter-riding workout; we encountered plenty of gravel/sand, a little ice (only on the middle section of the road), and cops! No problems though. The main roads were clear.

On Saturday (10/28) the peak-to-peak (Nederland [72]-Lyons[7]) had some gravel/sand on it but not too intimidating; it was sure windy though.

See ya Saturday…:up:

Cheers.

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 06:31 PM
bumph

DevilsTonic
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 07:29 PM
I would love to join you, but can't put my 4 year old on the back for a canyon ride just yet. ;) Maybe I'll join you guys next time. Have a safe ride!!

pilot
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 07:45 PM
I would love to join you, but can't put my 4 year old on the back for a canyon ride just yet. ;) Maybe I'll join you guys next time. Have a safe ride!!you and suzaninpink can cry on each others shoulders. flip a coin. one watches one rides.

Terra
Wed Nov 1st, 2006, 10:31 PM
10:30am - yay - extra time to sleep! :)

The ride last Sunday was great, there was plenty of sand, which was sorta a good thing because at least you weren't surprised by it... My leg started to get cramps from pointing out all the crap in the road... :leghump:

The water on the road, could have been ice or not... Needless to say it kept one on their toes through it...

Ice packs, wow - those were fun... Come barreling through a turn, only to be greeted by slamming on the binders with an ice pack in the shade forcing everyone to keep the straight and narrow...

And lets not forget the packs of deer beside the road munching on snow, looking at us like we're friggin nuts to be on bikes...

Overall, the obstacle course on Sunday was much better than any amusement park, because in reality, we've been practicing all year for this stuff... Now we can see if we really have learned anything or not since the difficulty level has been amped up a few notches... :)

I'm game!!!

--
Terra
>>>Toys - yep - luv 'em - can't get 'nuf of them<<<
Black 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R
Blue 2006 Yamaha WR450F
Black 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC
Black 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTX

konichd
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Will Terra still have a liscence on Sat? :)

pilot
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Will Terra still have a liscence on Sat? :) ooohh, that hurts. I hear he bought 60 tickets to the policeman's ball so-as to hedge his bet (a little cripple creek humor there).hh

pilot
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 10:50 AM
bad news: i have run into an issue that would keep me from riding my bike for a week or two or three or four. that said, i think i need to pump up the tires on my bicycle. this is not, i repeat not, a long-term problem. no points, just a documentation issue. now, i think i'll call my immigration attorney:siesta:

Bassil Duwaik
Thu Nov 2nd, 2006, 12:59 PM
I might be in.

denverbusa
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:25 AM
Kids... check
Weather... check
Work can wait... check
Slopes not yet ready... check
Bike... check

Sweet,... I'm in.

Brian428
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM
I'll try and make it. Just put a new rear tire on after I punched a big hole in mine on the last big ride. I scrubbed it in yesterday. I was on the Central City Speedway a couple weeks ago and there was a lot of gravel. Here's a video to watch until then. We can get together and I'll bring the full-res version like Pilot suggested if anyone wants.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c096a18d-ff3b-491a-a067-986d00f40695.htm

pilot
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 10:00 AM
bump. ride still on. depart 11 sharp (that would be NOAA clock time)

N1KSS1KS1x
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
How was yours guys ride ?

Bassil Duwaik
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 08:22 PM
How was the ride today? I ended up forgetting my gloves in aurora so by the time I made it there and back to golden you guys were long gone. Damn I really wish I could have been on this ride. It was the highlight of my week!

pilot
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
How was the ride today? I ended up forgetting my gloves in aurora so by the time I made it there and back to golden you guys were long gone. Damn I really wish I could have been on this ride. It was the highlight of my week!go to the "gapers" post. i put up some shots of where i ended up. also, it is a celebration to sully as it is her b-day. forgot your gloves... what a roundhead. let's do some whiskey's with ric b.

Bassil Duwaik
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM
sounds good to me