PDA

View Full Version : DEATH RACE 2006-the movie you've been waiting for

pilot
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:01 PM
a big-hearty thanks to the brian and the crew over at foresight films llc!!!!

he and the crew found some old footage laying around and cut up this sweet tid-bit.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/c096a18d-ff3b-491a-a067-986d00f40695.htm

some of you may recognize a place or two in the ol' colorado twistie realm.

again thanks brian and foresight!

Badhabit
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
The link isn't working for me.

pilot
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:18 PM
streetfire video link under temp maintenance

pilot
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 01:48 PM
video up and running now

BenDover
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Pretty cool.:siesta: But, waaaaaay too many bikes for a group ride for me to be on.

Gotta love the Suicidal tune! :headbang:

konichd
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Sweet! That was a great ride, thanks Brian and Pilot for the video efforts!

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 03:19 PM
That was awesome!! I am looking forward to do stuff like that next year

pilot
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
That was awesome!! I am looking forward to do stuff like that next yearwhy wait?

konichd
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:03 PM
Is that vid available for download Pilot? Gosta have actual footage of me riding! :lol:

Dr. Joe Siphek
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
why wait?probably cause there's lots of sand on the roads now?

konichd
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 04:30 PM
The only sand is in your vagina Travis! :lol:

suzinpink
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
I SAW PINK!!!!!

pilot
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
probably cause there's lots of sand on the roads now?badges?! we don't neeeed no stiiingking badges!

pilot
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:11 PM
I SAW PINK!!!!!we all want to see pink:yumyum:

Player 2
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Yawn

Feathered upstart!
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Agreed.
That was dull. Very dull.

Dub
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Reminds me why I never liked group rides. I'm just glad no one got run over.

Feathered upstart!
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
God I could go for some chicken vittles right now

Player 2
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Great examples of passing on the double yellow though! :up:

Bueller
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 06:23 PM
That was dull. Very dull.

Someone had to say it :lol:

*KEN*
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM

Glad you weren't there so that I didn't have to run over you.

Dub
Fri Nov 3rd, 2006, 11:50 PM
Glad you weren't there so that I didn't have to run over you.

I have been known to tuck and roll. Thanks man!

I would be honered to be run over by such a rare bike...

MrMischief
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Very dull. Maybe if someone had taken the effort to try setting up another camera angle or two it would be more exciting.

Mel
Sun Nov 5th, 2006, 07:11 PM

Fo Sho (I tend to be a ride snob though).
Why did you title it "death race"?

green_zx7r
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Great examples of passing on the double yellow though! :up:

wow... A bit too much double yellow crossing, flying in on-coming lanes footage there for my comfort. Not that you guys are riding in winter time, but please do be careful out there on the streets.

pilot
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM
sorry if you found it boring.

you make a movie, you can make a title (artistic creativity).

i'll see if i can spend some of my money to come up with more cameras so you can see more angles.

enjoy your soup.

i'm looking forward to seeing something that you create.

i'd say that the state/county paints too many double yellow lines.

blockbuster has lots of "action" films for you to watch.

or you can go to You Tube for free.

of course, you know all this already.

dull? you should hear what people say about you.\

i really get off on people being bitchy and complaining, it gets my blood flowing.

again, i look forward to you doing better.

konichd
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 08:17 AM
Very dull. Maybe if someone had taken the effort to try setting up another camera angle or two it would be more exciting.

For those of you that found it boring...don't watch, it wasn't for you, it was for the people that actually went on the ride. Hopefully you fucktards will stick with sitting at home on the internet and forget to show up at the Morrison Conoco anytime soon. :)

Except you Jon (player 2) your still warped from the Dragon. :lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM
If you post something on a public forum be prepared for people to criticize it.

Player 2
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
For those of you that found it boring...don't watch, it wasn't for you, it was for the people that actually went on the ride. Hopefully you fucktards will stick with sitting at home on the internet and forget to show up at the Morrison Conoco anytime soon. :)

Except you Jon (player 2) your still warped from the Dragon. :lol:
Don't worry, I doubt I'll ever show up at the Morrison Conoco unless my snobbish ass gets a wild hair up it :lol: :321:

And you're right DK... My mind is still elsewhere...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1905785656757926279&hl=en

salsashark
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
This whole thread is very entertaining...

reminds me of those Mac vs. PC commercials

"Here's my movie, aint it cool"
- "Your movie sucks"
"Oh yeah?! were's yours?"
- "ummm your movie sucks"
"Oh... ok, nice come back"

http://www.worth1000.com/entries/254000/254024NSUR_w.jpg

konichd
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
I think if the criticism was actually constructive, that might make a difference. Just posting up say "boring" or "it sucked" just shows your a dick, didn't your parents ever say "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all?" :)

Feathered upstart!
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 01:44 PM
No, but they taught me not to post things on the internet if I cant take the comments people may make. :)

pilot
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 02:42 PM
No, but they taught me not to post things on the internet if I cant take the comments people may make. :)who/m are you referring too?

green_zx7r
Mon Nov 6th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Relax fellas...

Not trying to insult your video. It had entertainment value. I just said the double yellow crossing was a bit much for MY taste is all. To each their own riding.

I enjoy making bike vids myself and understand you being annoyed. Sorry if my comment came out too negatively. Notto is right though, post publicly and people will voice their opinions.

On another note, here's my constructive feedback...

1) For a bike ride vid, I think there's additional entertainment value having cameras slapped on the bikes rather than the car.
It's fun to watch the lean angles or acceleration as the tach and speedo needles shoot up. I have my camera mounted on the tank facing forward, and wish I had another facing backwards. I've seen people mount their cameras on passenger pegs as well, taking vid of the person behind you. That one guy with the R1 video had awesome angles. He must have had like 4-5 cameras mounted on that sucker.

2) Switch angles more often. People have ADD when it comes to these videos. Switch views often so you can keep folks entertained.

3) If you are going to film from a car, a wider angle of you driving the Lotus (like WRC type camera angle showing the driver) or showing the dash, shifting techniques would be fun too.

Just to avoid another insult, I'm not at all insulting Pilot with his Lotus by saying put the cams on the bike not the car. I'm sure it's a damn fast car! :)

Anyways, don't get bent out of shape. Just brush any non-useful comments off including mine.

Yusuke

konichd
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Excellent job Yusuke! I think thats the type of constructive criticism that helps. :)

pilot
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Excellent job Yusuke! I think thats the type of constructive criticism that helps. :)+1

Kendo
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 09:44 AM
+ 2

TommyTheKid
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I tend to agree.. definately ADD here.. *very* constructive feedback tho.

IT would be fun to try to get a camera facing forwards (tank mount, guages and such visible on the bottom) and rear-wards.. so that you could maybe catch the facial expressions of cagers as you go by? That seems like it might have good comedic value.

Helmet cams might be fun too?

We need sponsors with deep pockets to fund our next video so we can have more cams, especially for the people riding two up, kinda like Tour de France ???

Wow, just think how much harder it would have been to get 6 hours of video from like 10 different cameras and make something short enough to watch :p

The fact of the matter is, it was a long ride with LOTS of video, and watching someone else have fun is not nearly as fun as doing it yourself. The slow stuff where you could see (almost) all the riders was the part I actually showed to my mom, other than that, it looks a lot like that Fox news footage from Georgia :o

~tommy

InlineSIX24
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Clean quality and nice intro. A fade-out and credits would be cool.

MrMischief
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 08:12 PM
How am I to know if it's something I might enjoy without watching. A useful overview such as "single camera angle from car with bikes for a very long period of time" may have prevented me from offering a suggestion. You don't need multiple cameras to achieve multiple angles, just a little foresight. It's not as if you've never been to that area before.

txrc51fatboy
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
strippers it needs strippers

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Wish I would gone on this ride. Nice vid your car looks fun and that camera quality rocks its not all grainy lookin and no movement good job Bro

TommyTheKid
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Now THAT is the best idea I have heard the whole time :p

strippers it needs strippers

InlineSIX24
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 09:42 PM
+1 for strippers

pilot
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 09:53 PM
+1 for strippersnot that i've any experience in this area but strippers are harder to handle than a box full o dana's cats. just keeping them on the stage is hard enough. imagine trying to get them to dance on the side of the road as we go by at xxx speed:banghead:. ahhhh, but the after show party. now yer talkin'

InlineSIX24
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 11:41 AM
You just need the 1/4 pole kit for the back of your bike. Other than that you just tell them only to swing around on the straight-aways.

pilot
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 11:58 AM
:yumyum:
You just need the 1/4 pole kit for the back of your bike. Other than that you just tell them only to swing around on the straight-aways.

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/LilWyteAdashi/retardSmall.jpg