PDA

View Full Version : Blackbird dyno tune results

tripledigits
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Had my dyno tuning done today, 13 pulls. End result is 130.5 hp with 78 tq. This is not corrected for altitude - the dyno work was done at a density altitude of 5500-6000'. Baseline was 125/76 with stock setup, and was uncorrected as well. At 2% per thousand feet, this equates to 145 hp. DynoJet dyno was used. I was told of all the BBs they had tuned, mine was the strongest. (Maybe they tell everyone that?) The area under the curve is where the biggest gains are - hp falloff approaching rev limit is reduced a notoceable amount, as is area under the curve above 9000 rpm.

I was hoping to get 10-15 hp over stock, since I'd read of others seeing those gains, but I'm happy with the way the bike feels - substantially smoother and stronger than stock. I'd be happy to post the map if anyone needs one for altitude.

I had uploaded the 2 Bros full exhaust PCIII map when I installed it, and it turns out it was running lean with that map.

My mods - full Akro Sport, PAIR block-off, PCIII and K & N.

Jeff

pilot
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 07:43 AM
nothing like a little tinkering to have a little fun. congrats on your work on the bb.

King Nothing
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 10:23 AM
my bone stock Z1000 had 124.5 at the wheel.

Honda Sucks :p

tripledigits
Sat Nov 4th, 2006, 10:47 AM
my bone stock Z1000 had 124.5 at the wheel.

Honda Sucks :p

Interestingly, the BB had 125 at the wheel in stock form, not to one up you.:shocked: I was hoping for a bigger gain from the exhaust/PC, but the 5 hp plus 22 lb. weight loss is worth the money..

The Z1000 is a nice bike, no doubt....