PDA

View Full Version : Erico Motorsports and John Beldock

Robert_Jones197
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 09:02 PM
My faith in human nature had almost been shattered by one man (and his wife) Be very weary when dealing with this company or this man. Get everything in writing if you MUST do business with him. I would urge eveyone and anyone to go to great lengths to avoid ANY dealings with him whatsoever. False claims were made to lock in contracts and nearly every promise went unfufillied. If you would like further details feel free to contact me. I urge you not to do business with this man ever!
Robert Jones
Robert_Jones1970@hotmail.com

NZ Darren
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 09:28 PM
So you don't like him?

Anonymous
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 09:44 PM
:lol:

Vance
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 10:34 PM
My faith in human nature had almost been shattered by one man (and his wife) Be very weary when dealing with this company or this man. Get everything in writing if you MUST do business with him. I would urge eveyone and anyone to go to great lengths to avoid ANY dealings with him whatsoever. False claims were made to lock in contracts and nearly every promise went unfufillied. If you would like further details feel free to contact me. I urge you not to do business with this man ever!
Robert Jones
Robert_Jones1970@hotmail.com

You know - considering I've had NOTHING but awesome service, responsiveness above and beyond what I'd expect from a dealer, and general help in terms of information, troubleshooting, etc from Erico's entire staff, and John himself whenever we've had the opportunity to converse, I think your statement requires some supporting example(s) if you can provide them. To come onto a board and just spew very vague if not downright unsubstantiated (by your lack of example) negativity about a well respected business as your first posting comes across as quite suspect IMO.

On gut instinct - I would tend to say you are a disgruntled individual who didn't get exactly what he thought he could squeeze out of someone (read as: you tried to put the screws to Erico) or so blazingly misunderstood the terms of a deal that you think you were screwed somehow, so now you're trying to vent by slamming Erico & owner here.

Prove me wrong. Let's hear your horror story of why Erico and John are so evil we must avoid them at all costs. Believe me - I'll be able to confirm or refute it quite easily enough. Because - until I hear of someone who didn't have an agenda to screw the dealer somehow (selling price, add ons, whatever) walking away from a shop like Erico with the attitude you're conveying... :321: ...I think you're just blowing smoke noob. You see - read the other input about dealers around this board. Fay Meyers has a HISTORY of shitty sales staff experiences... that's why they get ragged so hard - deservingly. Let's see what you have to offer to bring some basis to your warnings.

Oh yeah... and BTW... welcome.

KooLaid
Tue Mar 16th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Damn Vance, sometimes I wonder if how much you love ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, give the guy a chance to explain WHY he doesn't like the guy or the shop. Remember, we all have our reasons, it may or may not be justified. After all, I'm sure I wouldn't get the same welcome from you that you give to Bob or Ralph....know what I mean???? So guy, what happened??????? You failed to mention details.

Oh, I've been there twice. Once last year for a mass open dyno hp run session which they've been fairly friendly. And a couple months ago to grab every color of their erico condoms, and the young tall guy I spoke to was VERY friendly. Not bad for having spent only $20 for a dyno run and only that in the time I've been to the shop.

Rick T.
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 04:08 AM

Well, give the guy a chance to explain WHY he doesn't like the guy or the shop. Remember, we all have our reasons, it may or may not be justified. After all, I'm sure I wouldn't get the same welcome from you that you give to Bob or Ralph....know what I mean???? So guy, what happened??????? You failed to mention details.

Oh, I've been there twice. Once last year for a mass open dyno hp run session which they've been fairly friendly. And a couple months ago to grab every color of their erico condoms, and the young tall guy I spoke to was VERY friendly. Not bad for having spent only $20 for a dyno run and only that in the time I've been to the shop.

Bro'... I actually agree with you on this one. :lol:

I have have good dealings w/ Erico, but I've also purchased two bikes from them and brought two other people who ended up buying a bike each, so they treat me fairly well. Trip is a good friend and generally the shop staff is good. There were little things that made me go "hmmmmm...", so I prefer to look elswhere for "service issues". Still those are small things regardless...

Trip Miller (shop manager) is a good guy, and I trust him.

Vance ~ I know how you feel about Erico (Kim is also a UTMC member), but let's ask the guy "why?" in a less hostile way... ;) Coz' I know we're usually a pretty opened minded bunch. :)

Welcome Robert... hope you found a bike.

BigE
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Speaking from my experience last summer (when I purchased my Sprint) the staff there (Erico) was very friendly and customer service was good for the most part. The only negative thing (and it may not be this way, just my perception) is some of the folks seem to come across elitist, as in if you don't have a platinum card what're doing in here. The only other thing that bugs me is I inquired about the 12k service and for the cost ($500ish) they don't even do the complete factory service as according to the repair manual. So I'm doing the valves and most of the tune myself but will have to get the EFI mapping done there or another Triumph shop.

Brizz
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 07:17 AM
I had posted those same questions to that guy but i decited to let that one blow over. "If you keep putting sticks in a fire it will burn" He is allowed to have an opinion, like Vance said it is suspect as a first post. My.02.

Vance
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 07:25 AM

Vance ~ I know how you feel about Erico (Kim is also a UTMC member), but let's ask the guy "why?" in a less hostile way... ;) Coz' I know we're usually a pretty opened minded bunch. :)

Agreed Rick & Kool... I am sorry for being as hostile as I was. I was on a warpath last night (not just here or because of here - but other circumstances) and any little thing that gave me a reason to tirade was taken. I didn't much appreciate the guy's first post was nothing but a slam on a place where I have several friends (actually it's not just Kym, Rob is a UTMC'er too) and have had such an awesome series of experiences with the staff there that I was hoping I'd find something they sell for my next ride so I can give them my business... so basically he gave me a perfect pathway to vent.

I still stick to my :guns: on the fact he needs to substantiate his negative remarks with some supporting story/background information/whatever.

Oh, and Kool... dude... no worries mate. You're just a punk... ooops... wrong thread! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just fucking with ya Kool. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The only negative thing (and it may not be this way, just my perception) is some of the folks seem to come across elitist, as in if you don't have a platinum card what're doing in here.

Heh heh --- sorry BigE - that makes me chuckle a bit when I think about how Fay's sales staff treats people (from personal experience and very close friends, as well as obviously some people here)... that if you don't have prior approval on a loan to buy that minute, or you don't plan on working with them THAT MINUTE... you are just fodder to them. Move along son and don't touch the bikes. Don't stare to hard or we'll have to charge you for it. Their attitude is the worst I've ever experienced from anyone trying to sell me something... not just motorcycles... ANYTHING! I used to think Listen Up Audio were snobs/assholes when it came to sales. Fay outdid them years ago. But... therein... I do tend to agree to a degree. They do sell what would be comparatively "elitist" stuff - they do occassionally let their product go to their head... especially when someone particularly young comes in spying the Ducs. I've even seen that myself... but it wasn't John or Trip

specialk_34
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I guess my opinion as a former employee of Erico would make me biased, but I will say that in all fairness and objectivity, that for the most part (couple of people notwithstanding), that the floor staff of Erico are "good" people. John and the management leave much to be desired however- ethically, morally, and perhaps most importantly as good people. Virtually all of Erico's former staff would second my opinion on this and while this should not necessarily bear upon your individual decision to patronize this shop, I for one, will never have anything to do with Erico or John Beldock in my life again.

Rick T.
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 09:28 AM
I was telling my wife what Erico desperately needs is a good "Quality/Customer Service" Training Program (heck, I'LL teach it!). It's the "little things" that need to be addressed. Talking to your customer in a friendly manner and taking your time to show your bikes/products should be a standard item at ANY shop selling ANYthing... But we all know that its the after-the-sale treatment of the customer that is paramount (customer for life). It's the little things -- like "follow up" (call me when you say you'll call), treating after-sale customers JUST as valuably as your pre-sale customers (ensuring bike is clean when picked up by customer -- especially when dropped off clean). It's the little things that may seem nitpicky to some but important to most. Erico sells high $$ Euro Motorcycles, the customers AND the bikes should be treated accordingly. ANY customer should be treated the same way.

A couple of examples that annoyed me a bit: (This is AFTER buying a Speed Four AND a Daytona from them and being directly responsible for the sale of 2 other new bikes from them.)

- I asked about some EFI tune downlaods for my Speed Four because I put a pipe on it... it needed some "experimenting" because no proper factory download was available so I asked if they could try a couple of possible tunes - the answer I got from one particular person was, and I quote, "sure, if you got the money to pay for my time"... NO JOKE.
- I had my Daytona returned to its proper condition after a low side at SCR. It was with them for 2 months (I was out if state at the time), but they called my wife only once after we left numerous messages regarding status of the bike. Then when I did finally pick it up, it was filthy (not what you'd expect for any proud bike owner).

Yeah these may be little things, but they certainly count toward their image. Let me say though - I have no issues with Trip or Kim or Les (the service honcho), or even anything personally with John or his wife. I just think that overall, there are some slight, but very critical areas in customer service that may need reevaluation and change. Quality is a mindset that needs to be instilled across the board there - in all facets of that business... you can't just have a stylish shop with Italian bikes and a nice showroom... your customer service needs to reflect your dedication... Erico maybe needs to look at this.

I would still give them my business though, because Trip has been very helpful to me in many ways and I appreciate that.

My 2 cents...

Nick_Ninja
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 09:28 AM
specialk_610 wrote:

John and the management leave much to be desired however- ethically, morally, and perhaps most importantly as good people. Virtually all of Erico's former staff would second my opinion on this and while this should not necessarily bear upon your individual decision to patronize this shop, I for one, will never have anything to do with Erico or John Beldock in my life again.

Hummmmmmmmm ........................ and from a former employee :P

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 10:28 AM
I used Erico several years ago (3) when I owned my Daytona. I thoroughly enjoyed my experiences there and the shop crew was number 1 bar none. Of course, the people who worked on my bike were Terry and Bart, who are now part of TK, and Kang and Trip were always helpful when I needed answers. I took a friend down to look at the Ducs last summer and the atmosphere has changed dramatically from what it used to be. It is more of a high brow and a little arrogant attitude than I care to deal with. Don't know why the change but I'll use TK and skip Erico's in the future unless I hear their attitude changes.

because Trip has been very helpful to me in many ways and I appreciate that.

I agree Rick, trip has always been helpful and friendly. :D

Bob815
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 10:43 AM
I think it’s like every other bike shop, some people think they are great, others think it's horrible.

I have decided to steer clear of erico because I had some "trouble" with the service department. They performed sub-par work on my bike and then handed it back to me and said "oops, we broke it." However, after explaining my frustrations to John, things were made right in the end. And, he even called a few weeks later just to make sure I was happy. That’s pretty good customer service.

I guess in the end I don't go there because I feel fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

There is a member on this board who was extremely misled when it came to his GSXR by erico as well. Erico is NOT perfect and there is no doubt in my mind that they yanked the thread starter's chain.

Bob

Anonymous
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 11:26 AM
- I had my Daytona returned to its proper condition after a low side at SCR. It was with them for 2 months (I was out if state at the time), but they called my wife only once after we left numerous messages regarding status of the bike. Then when I did finally pick it up, it was filthy (not what you'd expect for any proud bike owner).

This same thing happened to a friend of mine with a TLS, only after 3 months, dozens of calls, runarounds, and everything else he finally went there to see just what had been done with it. It had not been touched since he dropped it off and was likewise, completely filthy from sitting in the back of the shop for so long. He finally just went and took it back from them. Note, this was after talking with multiple people claiming to be managers at the time.

I dunno, I hear good things and bad things about them. It seems like when you actually get them to do the work they do it well, but it's hit or miss if they actually will depending on who you talk to.

Vance
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 11:49 AM
I'm starting to wonder if I wasn't the anomoly in this mix - perfect service with downright awesome working relationships with the staff. Mind you - I've never worked past early discussions of trying to buy a bike from them... so maybe I don't have the "complete" picture.

specialk_34
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Like I said before, everyone will form their own opinions as to what the best shop for their needs/requirements are, and of course the opinions and experiences of those that have dealt with the shop in question come into play as well, which is why I'm hesitant to bias anyone into NOT giving Erico a shot. Anything that I have to contribute regarding my experiences as an employee there (Service Manager, General Manager) would obviously come across as biased and would only serve to make things seem single-sided and unfair, therefore I will choose not to bring those things to light. However, I will say this- I do know that a company that cannot treat its employees fairly and equitably cannot be expected to maintain a level of customer service that should be expected in any service based industry, big-ticket (motorcycle) or otherwise. Your money is (unless you wipe your a## with dollar bills) far too important and valuable to throw it away on questionable service or treatment, and there are plenty of other places that will work for your business. Go by your gut and take your money and business someplace where you're treated as you should be, regardless of whether you're spending $1 or $10000. Suffice it to say, I stand by my belief that Erico does not deserve (specifically John & Tai Beldock) my or anyone else's patronage, and I will be more than happy to tell that to anyone who asks.

Felicia
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Thank you SpecialK! I know from personal experiences about John and Tai Beldock. They are not nice people. I know from people in the circuit that they like to screw people over. I know that just yesterday someone went into the shop and was screamed at by both of these people (I hate to give them human credit) to get the F___ out when the person did not cause a scene or act negatively in any way. They just went by to pay John some money owed to him. The wifes personality has nothing to be desired and I kind of feel bad for John for having ever gotten involved with such a witch (their poor child is going to grow up like the mother though, I bet, as the mother is the controler). So, because of my experiences with the owners, I would agree with Mr. Robert Jones, and stay clear. John and Tai dont need my money and I hope never to have to deal with their stingy, lying, cheating, stealing, caniving, awful persons again. And Vance, this may be my second day on here, but my opinion counts, so play fair. :P

Hoopty
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 03:16 PM
And Vance, this may be my second day on here, but my opinion counts, so play fair. :P

:spit: :pointlaugh:

KooLaid
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM
I had posted those same questions to that guy but i decited to let that one blow over. "If you keep putting sticks in a fire it will burn" He is allowed to have an opinion, like Vance said it is suspect as a first post. My.02.

But you're here, and you're aBIG TIME flamo,so damn this place is goin up!

KooLaid
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 04:09 PM
damn, that is odd. Since my FAVORITE shop in the world in california sold almost exclusively high end euro stuff and some other high end stuff. The only Jap thing they sold were Yams. Even sold Victories and Cannondales (while the company lasted). I went to them for EVERYTHING and they made me not worry about paying more than mail order, because they were kickin' awesome people there. And the 38 year parts lady was HOT, and I'm 22,so you know she was a hottie!

Brizz
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Only Falming i see here is your bike. :lol:

(( LO LO ))
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Hey? What happened to the guy who was upset with Erico? He never came back to tell us his reasons.... :? :dunno:

JohnS
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 10:13 PM
he's really spreading the word :lol:
http://www.sportbikes.com/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=rant2&Number=698318&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1

Vance
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Hey? What happened to the guy who was upset with Erico? He never came back to tell us his reasons.... :? :dunno:

See... this, and the fact he's jumping boards posting the same negativity has me wondering about his motivations or what his real experiences were. Sure - there's a lot of supporting experiences to his claims from posting FROM OTHER PEOPLE -- and I by no means am negating those posts one iota - but at least you are telling us EXPERIENCES - not coming on a board with your first and only post and slamming the guy and the business and then disappering. To me - that is just a variant of cowardice. At least all of you others are giving supporting evidence with your own encounters.

I however cannot say I have had the same. I'm still a happy-as-a-clam former customer... but considering its rapidly looking like I'm going to be buying something that is not in the Erico lineup - I won't get a chance to test their sales staff's customer service skills for myself.

Oh well. I will still call some of the people including the parts goddess friends whether I'm a patron of Erico or not with my future ride - whatever it turns out to be.

KooLaid
Wed Mar 17th, 2004, 11:52 PM
He must REALLY be pissed off! But WTF about the DETAILS?!?!?!??!

BigE
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 12:59 AM
The only negative thing (and it may not be this way, just my perception) is some of the folks seem to come across elitist, as in if you don't have a platinum card what're doing in here.

Heh heh --- sorry BigE - that makes me chuckle a bit when I think about how Fay's sales staff treats people (from personal experience and very close friends, as well as obviously some people here)... that if you don't have prior approval on a loan to buy that minute, or you don't plan on working with them THAT MINUTE... you are just fodder to them. Move along son and don't touch the bikes. Don't stare to hard or we'll have to charge you for it. Their attitude is the worst I've ever experienced from anyone trying to sell me something... not just motorcycles... ANYTHING! I used to think Listen Up Audio were snobs/assholes when it came to sales. Fay outdid them years ago. But... therein... I do tend to agree to a degree. They do sell what would be comparatively "elitist" stuff - they do occassionally let their product go to their head... especially when someone particularly young comes in spying the Ducs. I've even seen that myself... but it wasn't John or Trip

Actually, the day I got my bike I was at Fay Myers right before going to Erico. My Dad was with and the salesman was trying to get him to buy a bike when I was shopping and had the $$$$. No salesmen would even talk to me, guess I looked like a "Looky-Loo".

Brizz
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 05:13 AM
That dont matter. A customer is a customer. Thast how people lose Buisness.

Vance
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Actually, the day I got my bike I was at Fay Myers right before going to Erico. My Dad was with and the salesman was trying to get him to buy a bike when I was shopping and had the $$$$. No salesmen would even talk to me, guess I looked like a "Looky-Loo".

With the history they've created with me and my friends who have gone there as well, not to mention reading the other experiences people have had there - the only business Fay Nutthuggers is ever going to get from me is me racking up some milage on their demo bikes when I hit the last phase before looking for a deal in my search for Dita II, and service (especially if I go Aprilia). I will NEVER buy a bike from them. I've stopped buying any gear from them despite their convenince to my work and home because their accessories people have started to convey the same attitude. I buy (bought more accurately now) all my gear and parts obtainable these days through Performance for the most part, or the web. Those fucktard salespeople at Fay deserve only the business of the uniformed and inherantly stupid. But... I digress. This isn't an investigation of Fay Nutthuggers lack of customer service skills or bad business practices. Sorry.

Rick T.
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I've purchased a few "accessories" there at Fay and really had no issues with the staff. I know big Paul who use to work there... and we must ALL agree -- they have the Hottest looking chicas working in that section... :D

Also, I bought my '99 Daytona from Dale there several years back when they were still out at Alameda... and Dale really took care of me (he was ex Army, maybe that helped :) ).

Here's one thing: I bought my current Aprilia Mille R from out of state and needed someone to recieve for me here in Denver. I approached Erico Motorsport to see if they would help me out with this. Well, they basically said they weren't an Aprilia dealer and that if they did that for me they's charge me $100!! WTF?? All they had to do was take the bike for me and park it until I came to pick it up. Remember, I was someone who had purchased bikes/parts/service from them AND brought them customers who closed deals...

Well, after just shaking my head and walking away... I went to Fay and spoke to Mark... who promptly said -- no problem! no charge! no big deal... Fay recieved my bike for me the day of delivery... I got a prompt call from Mark and went to pick the bike up. So Mark has my business.

What else is there to say about Erico...? :|

Pink Taco Hunter
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 09:14 AM
honest chicas i think not rick....they look like club ho's to me . i think you have to invest in some glasses bro.... :slap:

Rick T.
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 09:18 AM
....they look like club ho's to me.\

Whatchu know 'bout club hos...? :D :lol:

Vance
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I've purchased a few "accessories" there at Fay and really had no issues with the staff. I know big Paul who use to work there... and we must ALL agree -- they have the Hottest looking chicas working in that section... :D

I'll still go and gladly oogle my favorite little parts goddess down at Erico before I go to Fay's chicas.
Vance's equation: Brains + mass oogleability = SMOKING HOT
Oogleability + empty cranium = waste of time for anything but :hump: .

Wait... where's Barn on this thread when you need him? :lol:

Hoopty
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 09:27 AM
I'm with Rick. I know Paul too, he's a great guy and knows ALOT about sportbikes. I bought my SV from them, I got hassled by Grand Prix- they wanted to sell me a red SV for the price I wanted, but wouldn't sell me a blue one for the same price. :wtf: I went down to Fay's and talked to Adam P, told him what I wanted and what I was going to pay. He came back 5 minutes later with the OK. I haven no complaints with their sales staff (at least the ones I dealt with). Their service dept on the other hand... :roll: That's ok though, I will never take my bike to a dealership again for any work. :)

Vance
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 09:44 AM
...That's ok though, I will never take my bike to a dealership again for any work. :)

Well it must be nice to have mechanical skills above that of primordial ooze (that would be me) which means no matter what I buy - anything above an oil chance will have to go to a shop. I'd love to learn sure enough... but until that happens - I need a shop I can trust mechanically and has good people too. Obviously if Dita II ends up being an Aprilia - I won't have much of a choice on that one for service - There is only Fay. But if I go Honda or Kawi... I've got a TON of choice in the Denver-Metro area.

Rick T.
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 09:46 AM
I like Kim, she's a cutie. But the girlz at Fay (some not all) are the motorcycle parts equivalent of Hooter's Girlz... now we all know we go to Hooter's for the wings right? :lol: :lol:

Robert_Jones197
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Ok folks, sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. To answer a few questions I have been on the board for some time, but I am using an alias as I don't want John to try and pry a few more dollars out of me in court for slander. I thought that I had notification turned on in this thread but I didn't...Anywho, I have a bit more intimate experience with the Beldors than most of your everyday customers. John and his wife's theory in life is that if you don't have the ability to make their lives better in some manner then you are useless to them. In order for them to give you the time of day you must buy their time, literally. In their eyes they are above most of us and they feel they are doing you a favor by talking with you. You will realize this when you have a problem with anything you have purchased from them and you've already paid them. I was told that John would take care of certain things, and keep a good level of customer service. When it came time to take care of the customer he didn’t recall making these promises, and told me that I could break the contract, but of course for a small fee. 1500 some odd dollars later, I'm pretty pissed about the whole ordeal. Lesson be learned that you will be treated fairly and honestly just until the point where he gets what he wants from you ($$$) then you're worthless in his eyes, and you will know it by the manner in which he treats you.

cordell_pearce
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I need a shop I can trust mechanically and has good people too. Obviously if Dita II ends up being an Aprilia - I won't have much of a choice on that one for service - There is only Fay.

Acutally, I've had outstanding service, (both mechanically and customer service wise) from TFOG wheelsports in Golden. I'ta a little out of the way for a few people, but I'd personally rather drive a few extra miles than have to wait for my bike a few extra days or deal with the other available shops BS....

Hoopty
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I need a shop I can trust mechanically and has good people too. Obviously if Dita II ends up being an Aprilia - I won't have much of a choice on that one for service - There is only Fay. But if I go Honda or Kawi... I've got a TON of choice in the Denver-Metro area.

To hell with all that Vance, take it to the guys at TK Motorsports (Bart and Terry used to be Erico's mech's), they will treat you right and they will most DEFINATELY do your bike right. These guys are good. :rock: TFOG is good too. 8)

Vance
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 10:30 AM
I need a shop I can trust mechanically and has good people too. Obviously if Dita II ends up being an Aprilia - I won't have much of a choice on that one for service - There is only Fay. But if I go Honda or Kawi... I've got a TON of choice in the Denver-Metro area.

To hell with all that Vance, take it to the guys at TK Motorsports (Bart and Terry used to be Erico's mech's), they will treat you right and they will most DEFINATELY do your bike right. These guys are good. :rock: TFOG is good too. 8)

I've heard nothing but goodness about them --- so if they can work on Aprilias (yes, that is what is winning the criteria requirests right now for those keeping score at home, but only by a neck) as well as Hondas, Kawis, etc, which I'm sure they can - they'll definately be on my radar once I get hooked up with a lovely new streamlined lass (that's LASS, not ASS - that comes after a divor,... err... nevermind) that can carry the moniker of Dita II.

RSVR4aCowboy
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 11:43 AM

I've heard nothing but goodness about them --- so if they can work on Aprilias (yes, that is what is winning the criteria requirests right now for those keeping score at home, but only by a neck) as well as Hondas, Kawis, etc, which I'm sure they can - they'll definately be on my radar once I get hooked up with a lovely new streamlined lass (that's LASS, not ASS - that comes after a divor,... err... nevermind) that can carry the moniker of Dita II.

Can't go wrong with the Aprilias :up: . I'd trust TK to work on my Mille. I've also used Twin Peaks up north. They are(were?) an Aprilia dealer. the mechanic who did my valve check owns a Mille and seemed to know what he was doing. Course that was a year and a half ago. :D

KooLaid
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 02:40 PM
GREAT customer service is VERY hard to find in colorado so far, so I've resorted to best price shopping. I'll do as much service on my own as possible, and order stuff from home as much as possible. And stick to friends who work at whatever shop for some parts.

specialk_34
Thu Mar 18th, 2004, 06:23 PM
As biased as I am towards TK, I second everyone's recommendation of TK Motorsports. It's real easy to say that customer service is "dead" or thing of the past and to be pessimistic about the entire thing, in reality customer service exists, whether it's someone you trust at a shop that might suck as a whole, or just a buddy that'll give you a hook-up at the parts counter, that's all customer service.

The key thing is to find people that work within the industry because they enjoy motorcycles and helping people enjoy motorcycling as much as they themselves do. Everyone shops for price and convenience, especially as easy as it is to go online and order stuff, but by giving local shops your business, even if it costs a few $$'s more, then you're helping to support good businesses with good people, and good attitudes. It's hard to justify spending a few dollars more when you're on a budget (I'm there right along with the rest of you), but I'll pay to support businesses that take care of me, even if it means an extra dollar out of my pocket.

After all, how much customer service (and money) does it take (in comparison) to answer a phone at some warehouse somewhere and pull a part off a shelf and stuff it in a box, as opposed to keeping a clean shop stocked with the latest stuff, and having someplace where you can actually go to talk to someone about what you MIGHT want to buy from them or someone else?

Bart, Terry, and Brian may be my friends, but I also recommend them as a business because I've seen how they've given stuff away and taken a personal interest in helping people out, often out of no other concern than to "just be nice guys". That's what customer service is about. Ask yourself the next time you need someone to stay after hours to help you out answering questions, or fixing your bike before a race weekend, or swapping out tires before a long weekend, or even drive people around to get them home- who'll do that for you? I've seen the guys at TK do this numerous times themselves, and for this, I'll always respect them and give them a fair share of my business.