PDA

View Full Version : New To The Area

nathanwilson40
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Hello,

I am brand new to the area and need advice on service shops. I'm up in the Broomfield area and have a 2001 Honda CBR929RR that needs a 16000 mile service. Does anyone have any good suggestions on a decent shop? Also, does anyone know how to regain all the power I lost when coming from sea level all the way up here lol...I think I may need an upgrade

Thanks in advance

konichd
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
RPM Motorsports on Wadsworth. Nick does excellent work there and can get your Honda back to form. :)

UglyDogRacing
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Try http://www.tk-motorsports.com/ at 8th Wyandot

DevilsTonic
Tue Nov 7th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Try http://www.tk-motorsports.com/ at 8th Wyandot:imwithstupid:

Husky
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM
I will second the vote for TK motorsports. Very helpful

Devaclis
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 09:51 AM
I have never had work done at TK, but I do now that their reputation preceeds them. I have been to FASTER Motorsport and I really like them. Jason is a great dude :)

konichd
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Whatever decision you make STAY AWAY FROM GRAND PRIX MOTORSPORTS!!!!!! :(

nathanwilson40
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Whatever decision you make STAY AWAY FROM GRAND PRIX MOTORSPORTS!!!!!! :(

Any particular reason?

konichd
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Poor service department. I've spent $20G's there in the past year and everytime I take my bike in, something is messed up. Everything from not cleaning up the oil, to putting in the wrong oil, to incorrect service times, warrenty issues. You name it, they have managed to screw it up. I will no longer give them my business as soon as my service contract is up on the Kawi.

I have taken my bike to TK and bart has done a great job with my Kawi. In fact, it will be visiting them again soon. RPM has also been and excellent dealership to do business with. They pretty much help me rebuild my R6 and did a great job from parts to service. I think both of these dealerships have appreciated my business and treated me with that respect.

I would pay to burn Grand Prix down. :)

eklew
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 02:03 PM
You sure were praising them when you got your Zed X 10r there!!! hahahaha

Archangel
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Highly recommend TK and Faster. I try to steer clear of the dealerships in general as I haven't been happy with either Fay Myers or Sun. I hear Aurora Honda isn't too bad.

konichd
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM
You sure were praising them when you got your Zed X 10r there!!! hahahaha

:lol: The sale actually went great. Too bad thier parts and service departments are awful.

nathanwilson40
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 03:30 PM
[quote=warrenjrose]I try to steer clear of the dealerships in general

I agree with that comment...I've never been particulary happy with any stealerships in the past

BTW thanks for all the advice everyone