PDA

View Full Version : F4i front sprocket

b1900dcaptain
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I am still trying to learn wheelies and I wan't to be able to just use the throttle. A friend said to change the front sprocket to a 15. Anyone ever try this? Thanks for the help. :?

Anonymous
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Yeah, that'll help. You just need to be able to get to your front sprocket, loosen up the chain a bit, unbolt it, and pop it off. Installation is the reverse except that you need a torque wrench to tighten the sprocket bolt and axle back up again... All in all, maybe half an hour of work.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Jan 10th, 2003, 07:48 PM
This is the only picture I could find of a lock washer and no, this machinery isn't mine and it does not reside in my garage.

Don't forget to install and bend the lock washer. The last thing you want to have happen is have your counter-shaft bolt back off and lodge sideways in the counter-shaft shroud, or worse - go through your leg like a 50 caliber round. The chain can offer some pretty interesting happenings when it jams up in that housing too :o

http://www.dansmc.com/cs_sprocket1.jpg

mikesf4i
Sat Jan 11th, 2003, 06:24 PM
honda says the torque spec is 40lb-ft per the o1 f4i service manual.There is no lock washer on the f4i. I just regeared mine about a month ago.I like the quicker acceleration but my speedo is off about 20%.See the thread on speedo recalibration for that one.(thanks again ralph).I suck at wheelies so i cant tell ya bout that part.Oh ya the rear axle torque is 69lb-ft

Hoopty
Tue Jan 14th, 2003, 03:25 PM
A friend of mine just dropped the front sprocket to a 15 and it is MUCH easier to get the front up. Just a note, if you can't get it up now, a new sprocket prolly ain't gonna help much. :P :D