PDA

View Full Version : Adding a drag bike section

Husky
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Just wondering if there would be any interest in a drag bike section. On any given Wed or Friday there would be 20-30 sports bikes at Bandimere.

N1KSS1KS1x
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I think thats a great idea. I've got alot ?'s about drag bikes
What time do the bikes run and is there still a street bike class thats friday nights

Bueller
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 03:50 PM
We can't get a Supermoto forum, I'd say your chances are slim to none.:banghead:

Mel
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 04:37 PM
We can't get a Supermoto forum, I'd say your chances are slim to none.:banghead:

That's just cuz no one likes you since you got all motarded and shit.

Bueller
Wed Nov 8th, 2006, 04:53 PM
That's just cuz no one likes you since you got all motarded and shit.

And thats how us Tards like it :lol:

Husky
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 07:40 AM
I think thats a great idea. I've got alot ?'s about drag bikes
What time do the bikes run and is there still a street bike class thats friday nights

Hello,
on Wed's is the Test & Tune Night
Gates open 4:00 and you can run 4:00 - 9:00 as many times as you want for $30. Usually there are 20-30 sports/street bikes there having a blast.

Fridays there is a street bike class
Gate open 4:00
Time trials 4:30 -7:00
Eliminations start 7:00 pm

Hope to see you there.

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 08:31 AM
when does the season end, or does it as long as the track's not wet??

Husky
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 08:50 AM
when does the season end, or does it as long as the track's not wet??

This year the last race was October 15 and the track is now closed.

$pOiLeD_rOoKiE
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 09:01 AM
AAhhh...I was thinking that it was still opened since that's how you made it sound in the thread.....but yes, I would be interested in going up there and seeing what I could do on a 1/4 mile since I am still learning how to turn

Husky
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 09:24 AM
AAhhh...I was thinking that it was still opened since that's how you made it sound in the thread.....but yes, I would be interested in going up there and seeing what I could do on a 1/4 mile since I am still learning how to turn

Well you know the old drag racing saying, If you can still turn your not going fast enough.

But it is alot of fun there, they have some 600's that are surprisingly fast, even some fast Hardleys huffing and puffing down the track and had some guy racing his snowmobile

rforsythe
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Bueller - I never said you tards couldn't get a supermoto forum. It's not #1 on my list of things to do right now.

Drag forum might happen, I'm pondering.

Husky
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Bueller - I never said you tards couldn't get a supermoto forum. It's not #1 on my list of things to do right now.

Drag forum might happen, I'm pondering.

Hell I'll take pondering over "No" any day.

N1KSS1KS1x
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 10:31 AM

+ 1 I was gonna chime in about going friday
Do they have a fall series like the cars? I used to race my car up there and thought it went longer then oct 15, but that was awhile ago.
When does test & tunes start back up ?

Husky
Thu Nov 9th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Sorry about the mis-leading info guys. The season usually starts April and runs through October. For a nominal fee Bandimere has been known to open and turn on the lights if enough people got together that wanted to run.

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 13th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Did you see Antron Brown break a chain on the 1-2 gear change sat.?:shocked:

Husky
Tue Nov 14th, 2006, 07:51 AM
No, I saw him red light and than saw Andrew Hines win his 3rd Championship

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Nov 14th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Didnt hines go red or did he get beat I know he sat and watched I think it was second round.
The footage they showed of antron was crazy when the chain broke he went flying into the windscreen and the whole upper flexed out. They have said that just after launch you are pullin 3-4 g's. I'm surprised this doesnt happen more as I've seen a whole hell of alot more red lights then faliures and almost all the bikes are pullin the front to 60ft it looks like. What to they run for 60 footers ?

Husky
Tue Nov 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Andrew did go red but his over all point standing still won him the 3rd Championship. As far as the 60' times Antron was running approdx 1.083 -1.085 in Vegas. I wish I could get even close to times like that.

Not sure if you know a local boy here, Korey Hogan who just got a top fuel bike ride. Well over 200 mph and runs in low 6's

Bizall
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 03:00 AM
Anything happen with this?

Husky
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 06:14 AM
I dont think there was enough people interested:cry:

dm_gsxr
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 07:13 AM
I dont think there was enough people interested:cry:

You have to keep feeding the fish or they'll die :)

Post up more comments. Pics of events. I didn't think I'd get interested in going to the track and without IMI I probably wouldn't have. Now I have the necessary gear and am going down to PMP at the end of the month. And who knows from there :)

Carl

rforsythe
Tue Jul 3rd, 2007, 09:42 AM
Drag bike section added, under the Track Days and Races forum.