PDA

View Full Version : Just a heads up.

NineTwoFour
Sat Mar 20th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Found this link on another site, kind of a long thread but might save someone hear from a potential headache.

http://forums.13x.com/showthread.php?threadid=43755

panther
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 04:23 PM
wow, read about 90% of that, that Will guy is screwed.
he is gonna have to change his name :lol:

its cool that everyone stood up. we need more good customer service in the motorcycle industry ;)

Quick636
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 04:56 PM
Wow...

I have to say that thread amuses me.

The messed up thing is, that is the way this country is. People will go WAY out of their way to screw a total stranger. Granted, sounds like the deal went sour and maybe that guy shouldn't be in business. But hell, do you think many of those peeps ever say a simple "thank you" when things go right? I doubt it.

Sorry for playing devils advocate, but this sort of thing angers me. People should mind their own business.

yakuza
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 09:32 PM
Look at all the positive comments about good dealers and online sellers in this forum. The members of this board aren't the only ones that post positive comments about good experiences they have. I for one am glad to find out about a poor business like that.

Quick636
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 10:05 PM
Yes, I can appreciate someone telling me that they had a bad dealing with a particular dealer... and I have used that information by not purchasing items and specific places before.

What I cannot appreciate is all the people that have had no dealings with the particular dealer to say he is a bad guy, or that he is a thief when all they have seen is what is posted on the internet. That Kurt guy did an awesome job posting the facts of what happened to HIM. All those other people just jumped on the bandwagon.

Rick T.
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 10:09 PM
This whole thread scares the crap outta me... I JUST sold my Triumph to a guy out in Cali (check has not cleared yet)... and my Aprilia RS 250 is coming in from New Jersey... Man, I hope it's smooth sailing... :(

Anonymous
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 10:21 PM
:shock: :lol:

I'm on page 4 and all I can do is laugh at this. The seller is a douchebag, that's for sure. I especially like the part where he wanted to sue WERA for "allowing" the customer to voice dissent on their forum. The forum admin's response was great too - "I was gonna help, but now, screw you!"... About how I'd handle it I think.

Gonna get through the rest of the 11 pages and see where this ends up. This is some good shit!! :up: thanks for posting it.

Wahooman
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 10:38 PM
:lol: :lol: Thats about all I can do. Koolaid had a "to the point" statment. Tell it like it is. I don't think Will has alot of business coming his way in the future as it is posted on tons of boards now. Think he needs to look for something else :D Like Ralph I need to read it to the end to see how it ends up :lol:

Anonymous
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 10:43 PM
What I cannot appreciate is all the people that have had no dealings with the particular dealer to say he is a bad guy, or that he is a thief when all they have seen is what is posted on the internet. That Kurt guy did an awesome job posting the facts of what happened to HIM. All those other people just jumped on the bandwagon.

Well, I guess I disagree. Are they jumping on a bandwagon? Perhaps, I suppose the namecalling and what not is immature. However, I applaud the bike community for looking after their own. I'm not sure how far you read through the postings, but a second guy came out as being screwed over by this Will guy, and is actually using a lawyer to try and get his money back now. As far as I'm concerned, this guy is a serial offender and has screwed some people out of a lot of $$ by making false claims, lying, and misrepresenting what he sells. There simply isn't a place for that and everyone either distributing the thread link or posting their feelings on it is understandable.

The internet will make or break ya these days - word travels fast. Hell, look how much business a local company stands to make or lose just from us posting on this forum! Take that to a national level, especially when a fellow racer is wronged, and watch out!

Quick636
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 11:08 PM
I can see your point, Ralph.

KooLaid
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 11:11 PM
I can see your point, Ralph.

:shock: U see his piont aye? Hey Ralph where was ur point aimed at????? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick636
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM
You're a funny guy. :mwave:

Anonymous
Sun Mar 21st, 2004, 11:19 PM
I don't even remember... :lol:

vtr1000rider
Mon Mar 22nd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Well I guess the phrase Buy beware is still true. I personally am very careful buying anything used on-line. I have found that if you dare do business on-line you must be prepared to have very nasty things said.

Fact: People say shit in e-mail they wouldn't dare say in person or even on the phone.

It is so easy to write a flaming e-mail without even thinking. E-mail is a very dangerous means of communication and should be treated as such. Forums fall directly into this cat. as well.

As my father always told me there are 3 sides to a story. Person 1, Person 2 and the TRUTH!!!