PDA

View Full Version : Toy Run 2006

Dub
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Are we meeting at the normal Starbucks at Quebec & 470?

More info here: http://www.rmh-d.com/toy-run/

rybo
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 09:23 AM
I'll be there if that is what we decide to do!

Sully
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Says no pre-registration this year.. and you can only arrive after 8:30 am :( ....

Dub
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I'm pretty sure that's how they did it last year too. They had a bunch of volunteers working 4-5 lanes of incoming bikes/cars, getting sigs and giving out wrist bands.

I wonder how cold it will be this year??? Brrrr!

swademaster
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Says no pre-registration this year.. and you can only arrive after 8:30 am :( ....

Yep, same as last year. I plan to be there. It can't get much colder than last year.

Dr. Joe Siphek
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I plan on riding this year.

swademaster
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 04:46 PM
You said that last year.

Mel
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 04:49 PM
I too shall plan on this event

Player 2
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Yep, same as last year. I plan to be there. It can't get much colder than last year.
HOLY FUCK it was cold last year

stonefilly
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 06:16 PM
I will try my best to be there! Some people from the motorcycle club at my work went last year...I missed out because family was in town :(
I really want to go this year...maybe now i can finally meet some of you guys (and girls)! :yay:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Forecast: Arctic :cold: ...like every year.

I just hope it isn't Siberian cold and icy like last year... which was too f-ing cold so I missed it for the first time in 3 yrs :(

Airreed
Wed Nov 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
True 'dat, there was probably 5 riders from the CSC...and two of them were from the "northside"...It was cold and icy out, but there were a few hardcore bikers representing.
Big Boi might be dressed in Xmas lights again.....stay tuned for more details!

Player 2
Thu Nov 16th, 2006, 12:51 AM
True 'dat, there was probably 5 riders from the CSC...and two of them were from the "northside"...It was cold and icy out, but there were a few hardcore bikers representing.
Shit, there was 3 of us from the "northside" :lol: Was quite the turnout :lol:

DevilsTonic
Thu Nov 16th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I will be there!

Dub
Thu Nov 16th, 2006, 09:43 AM
This is truly one of the most heart warming things I do every year. Really gets you in the Christmas spirit, and I don't really like Christmas. If you haven't been along, come out this year.

Don't be afraid of a few big-bad Harley dudes!

Dr. Joe Siphek
Thu Nov 16th, 2006, 01:42 PM
You said that last year.Shut up Wate...it was cold and i didn't have my full leathers then. No Excuses this year.

swademaster
Thu Nov 16th, 2006, 02:10 PM
So, should we wait for you this year if it is 8 degrees again?

Textiles are warmer than leathers.

swademaster
Thu Nov 16th, 2006, 03:16 PM
A couple of pics from last year.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/swademaster/Picture350.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/swademaster/Picture352.jpg

cdrewferd
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:25 AM
I'll see what I can do to get there. If we all show up, how will we know who to look for as I haven't been on many group rides so I don't know anybody?

Dub
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:59 AM
We usually pre-meet at the Starbucks and then go as a group to Aspen Grove. Once you're in line there you can't really your bike, so you're stuck.

Since they don't let the bikes go till about 10am, I think meeting at 8:30-9am is plenty early to still get there and get registered. The later the better on those cold mornings IMO.

Now to find some antlers for my helmet...:)

rforsythe
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:12 PM
Even if you can't ride, drive! Donna and I went along in the truck last year and still had a good time (though perhaps we will try and secure a bike this go around).

InlineSIX24
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:23 PM
If it is too freezing I may just offer to volunteer the truck for backup trailer duty instead of riding. I think they have used chase trucks/trailers before in case someone ran into problems during the ride.

Spiderman
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 12:44 PM
As long as I'm not locked in by snow and ice again (like last year), I'll be there! 8)

Devaclis
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
I realllllllly want to make it this year. Cold is no problem, ICE is a problem :)

Dysco
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
If I've gotten my elk by then, we're in... on 4 wheels. If no elk, I'll be walking around in the woods trying to make Estes Park a safer place.

Joe
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
Unlike last year where I had no bike, this year I am IN. I will probably drag my 3 coworkers out there as well, although I can't speak for their cold-weather aptitude. See Ya!!!

seven
Fri Nov 24th, 2006, 05:07 PM
Unlike last year where I had no bike, this year I am IN. I will probably drag my 3 coworkers out there as well, although I can't speak for their cold-weather aptitude. See Ya!!!

There are certain among us who have already objected to it, but I'm probably in.

Joe
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 07:19 AM
There are certain among us who have already objected to it, but I'm probably in.

What is there to object to?!?
You get to:
-hang out with a bunch of bikes;
-wave at the cops who are stopping traffic for you;
-wave like an idiot at all the people who are stopped by the cops and should be pissed but are actually thrilled;
-strap the largest teddy bear you can find to the back of your bike and have a good excuse for it;
-wake up early; OOOHHH, that's where one of the complaints is probably coming from.

T-byrd
Sat Nov 25th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Don't forget you get to freeze your knackers off too. :cold:

Tanya

What is there to object to?!?
You get to:
-hang out with a bunch of bikes;
-wave at the cops who are stopping traffic for you;
-wave like an idiot at all the people who are stopped by the cops and should be pissed but are actually thrilled;
-strap the largest teddy bear you can find to the back of your bike and have a good excuse for it;
-wake up early; OOOHHH, that's where one of the complaints is probably coming from.

FZRguy
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 12:59 PM
It was in the 60’s three years ago…we had lunch on the patio at Breck’s. Time for it to be warm again for this event.

towneh
Sun Nov 26th, 2006, 01:25 PM
note to self...
1. buy a couple of teddy bears and/or stuffed critters
2. fully fuel the "Exxon Valdez" busa
3. gather cold weather articles like neck gaiter, fleece top and bottom, lobster gloves, and the like
--tis the season--
bus henry

AshliRider44
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 08:54 AM
SOB!! I just realized this is this weekend and not next, Dave and I will be (with a few others) up in Keystone for the weekend snowboarding! :headbang: damn.

Kim-n-Dean
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
As cool as a giant teddy bear is strapped to your bike, EVERY Hardley rider has just that. We always get things like DVD and CD players and whatever movies are popular at this time. Don't be UN-creative and strap a giant teddy bear on your bike, like the beer belly Hardley's.

I would also think that the kids are pretty tired of stuffed animals because sooooo many people bring only that...

AshliRider44
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 10:15 AM
2 years ago when Dave and I did this, I must say when the kids were outside and upstairs in the hospital they were grabbing the video games and DVD's we brought and not paying attention to the stuffed animals other people brought upstairs :lol: give them what they want!!

sprtbkbabe
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Hope this ain't true:

konichd
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Looks like I'll have to put a few screws in the new Dunlops. :(

rforsythe
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Remember: If the weather sucks, drive your cage instead! While it is a bike event, crappy weather shouldn't preclude you from going by whatever means necessary to accomplish the goal. :) If you're going to wuss out either way (and you know who you are), we're probably caging it and can deliver in bulk if you can get gifts to me before Sunday.

DevilsTonic
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 12:02 PM
I noticed that as well!! Looks like it's gonna be a cold (possibly wet) ride. I'll be wearing every piece of clothing I have! :)

Spiderman
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM
SOB!! I just realized this is this weekend and not next, Dave and I will be (with a few others) up in Keystone for the weekend snowboarding! :cry:

:think:

Is your XR200 even street-legal? :dunno:

:lol:

Feathered upstart!
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 10:26 PM
She can ride the MV

AshliRider44
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 09:05 AM
:cry:

Is your XR200 even street-legal?

:lol:

:slap: obviously not genius, but the WR450 is... sheesh... :slap:
You do realize we still have an SV in the garage.... not ours but its in the garage :lol:

AshliRider44
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 09:06 AM
She can ride the MV

Awwwwwwwwwwwww :hump:

Devaclis
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Welp, 2 bad fork seals after riding last night. Looks like a no go for me. Plus I may have to work until about 10 :(

Spiderman
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 09:26 AM
She can ride the MVNice! :up:

but the WR450 is... sheesh...And this should be common knowledge on a sportbike forum because...? :lol:

You do realize we still have an SV in the garage.... not ours but its in the garage :lol:I forgot about that! Nice!!! :D

towneh
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Regarding the popularity of dvd's and/or personal video games at the toy ride.... That's true but there is still a need for the average teddy bear...

On occaision, I work with several groups that do service at the R_McDonalds House. The little "customers" that stay for a bit don't have a lot of anything except for fear and uncertainty. For the little crowd that are hurting, the stuffed critters offer them some consolation. Believe me, nothing goes to waste.

--would you like fries with your burger?
bus henry

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Welp, 2 bad fork seals after riding last night. Looks like a no go for me. Plus I may have to work until about 10 :(Sooooo, bring it over and we'll fix it!!!!!

rybo
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 11:56 AM
Dean,

He doesn't want to fix it, he wants to graft a 929 or RC front end onto it!

sprtbkbabe
Fri Dec 1st, 2006, 12:40 AM
Last minute plans have me in the mountains this weekend, so looks like I'll be running the T4T next weekend with the Mini Coopers just like last year.

If anyone finds that they can't make it this Sun and you have some goodies to give to the kiddies, let me know and I'm happy to throw them in the boot for Sun the 10th's run ;)

Slo
Fri Dec 1st, 2006, 01:29 PM
I will be there Caging it......will be in a white EVO, come n say hello if you see me.

NUTZ
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:35 AM
whats up north denver. i will be headed down to the toy drive in the morning. im bringing the truck to so if any one doesn,t think they will make it and want to donate let me know i will be in the westminster area all day. my number is 303 870 5941.

swademaster
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Is anyone still planning to ride? Right mow I am still undecided on riding. I could probably get out of our neighborhood, but I was wondering what the rest of the streets around town are like.

Mel
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 04:16 PM
the main streets on this end of town are not bad, side streets, neighborhoods, etc. are still slick. It is currently snowing...I am just a few miles south of the meeting location, and I would say we have gotten like 1-2 inches since this morning (at least by what is on cars).

Joe
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
Just picked up my "Happy Feet" Penguin, so there's no turning back now!

I'll be at Starbucks at 470 and Quebec around 715 on my BIKE.

:cold:

Dub
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
7:15 is a little early for me, but I guess you'll get a good seat.:) Brrrr!

Anyone that wants to meet up in the morning, bike or cage, should count on meeting at Starbucks at 8:30am and leaving for Aspen Grove at 9am sharp. They don't let the bikes out of Aspen Grove till 10, so we'll have plenty of time to get there and get registered.

Sound good?

Lomax
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:49 AM
Beotch,

Any update on what the roads are like down there this morning. I might fight the ice to get out of my neighborhood but hate riding in the splash back from the cars.

Thanks.
Marc

swademaster
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
I decided it was too cold to make the ride at 6:30 this morning. Blake and I drove down to watch the bikes and drop off the toys. We only spotted T-byrd, Dub, and Joe. Was that it from the CSC?

DevilsTonic
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 08:55 PM
Bob and I were there as well, but we drove too because of the cold and we couldn't get our bikes out because there was too much ice in our driveway.

T-byrd
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 09:00 PM
I decided it was too cold to make the ride at 6:30 this morning. Blake and I drove down to watch the bikes and drop off the toys. We only spotted T-byrd, Dub, and Joe. Was that it from the CSC?

On bikes...yes. You all are a bunch of pansies! :no:

I still don't have full feeling in my finger tips or toes, Dave thinks his ear lobe is gonna fall off still because he can't feel it yet. Ya'll are a disappointment to the CSC community...:doublefinger:

Seriously? I'm jealous of those who were in warm cages. It was so damn cold, I don't think I've ever been that cold in my life. I was wishing I had fairings...or a Beemer with the heated vest and grips...ahhh...warmth.

What the hell, it was for a great cause. The season has officially started for me. :santa:

Tanya

swademaster
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
Seriously? I'm jealous of those who were in warm cages.

Tanya

If I remember right, last year you were in one of those warm cages while the rest of us were freezing.

T-byrd
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 09:46 PM
If I remember right, last year you were in one of those warm cages while the rest of us were freezing.

Yeah, but last year when we tried to leave our neighborhood we couldn't because of the ice...and it was in the mid to upper teens last year. This morning was 8 degrees when we left. :cold:

Tanya

Lomax
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 07:45 AM
:bow: What can I say T. You are a better man than I DOH!

Marc

Dub
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Update: I still can't feel my earlobes. :(

As soon as we pulled out of the neighborhood towards the highway I immediately regretted my decision. Then as T-byrd was flying down 225 at about 85-90mph, my shield frosted up completely and I had to flip it open to defrost. WOW, that will wake you up!

It was good see those that braved the cold and made it out to support the cause. It was nice to meet a few new faces and see some old ones again too!!! Joe, sorry we lost you. I guess you didn't know about the meeting spot.

rybo
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, but last year when we tried to leave our neighborhood we couldn't because of the ice...and it was in the mid to upper teens last year. This morning was 8 degrees when we left. :cold:

Tanya

You guys are hardcore to the core. The coldest I've ever ridden in was 12, and that was with heated gear! Granted I rode to work over 200 days last year so I was a consistent cold weather performer, but 8.....8!!???!! I think I'll always draw the line at single digits.

Dave, If you don't feel your earlobes later today get in and see a doc. It sounds like you could have a pretty serious case of Frostbite and that can turn ugly in a hurry.

Scott

Joe
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Sorry, I didn't know about the meeting spot, but I wouldn't have been able to stay long; family stuff.

I saw you guys were heading to the quick drop off, but I wanted to head inside for a few minutes. I knew it would be less crowded inside than previous years.

I had to ride this year because I would have felt guilty if I heard that even 1 Harley guy had did it and I was sitting at home. Plus it was a good excuse to go riding since I don't get to do it anymore (other than commuting).

My daughter will be there this Friday (ear tubes), so I guess I should say Thanks to everybody who showed up! Wouldn't that be ironic if they handed her a big stuffed penguin!!

Dub
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 12:19 PM
My daughter will be there this Friday (ear tubes), so I guess I should say Thanks to everybody who showed up! Wouldn't that be ironic if they handed her a big stuffed penguin!!

Well, I hope everything goes smoothly for her.

Hospitals can be pretty scary and I'd like to think we helped ease those feelings for the kids that have no choice but to be there.

swademaster
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Yeah, but last year when we tried to leave our neighborhood we couldn't because of the ice.

Tanya

That's how it was here yesterday.

eklew
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 07:52 PM
I had a great time in my cage!! Jenn and I went into the hospital and saw some kids. I almost hit a guy in the face with my football that I donated!!! Good times. Next year hopefully I'll ride the tard and join Joe!! Nice to meet some new peeps as well at the meeting spot afterwards.

~Barn~
Tue Dec 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
For any of you Chipotle fans out there, you can take a toy to any of their locations on 12/9 or 12/10, and get yourself a free burrito.

The gifts still go to The Children's Hospital, so maybe put one aside from the Toy Run, wait a week and get your grub on, while still giving what you intended to those kids. :up:

Anyway... Figured this was better than scamming Wendy's.

Clickith (http://www.chipotle.com/email/06-den-500.htm)

Sully
Tue Dec 5th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Nice Barn :up:

thunderseye
Thu Dec 7th, 2006, 10:29 AM
any pics from the run

Dub
Thu Dec 7th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Pics on RM HD's site:

http://www.rmh-d.com/scrapbook/toy_run_2006.php

Including this one of little miss T-byrd (she looks cold!)
http://www.rmh-d.com/scrapbook/toy_run_2006/large/IMG_0329.jpg

700 some odd pics from a professional photographer:

http://phatratt.smugmug.com/gallery/2197151

AshliRider44
Fri Dec 8th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Pics on RM HD's site:

http://www.rmh-d.com/scrapbook/toy_run_2006.php

Including this one of little miss T-byrd (she looks cold!)
http://www.rmh-d.com/scrapbook/toy_run_2006/large/IMG_0329.jpg

700 some odd pics from a professional photographer:

http://phatratt.smugmug.com/gallery/2197151

Sexy bitch!!!! :hump:

Spiderman
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Finally got my pictures off my camera:

Joe
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the pics, that is one sexy mofo riding that dirtbike!

Spiderman
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the pics, that is one sexy mofo riding that dirtbike!You're right - that penguin is Dead Sexy! :D