PDA

View Full Version : Lookout Mountain 11/19/06

Lomax
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Has anyone been up Lookout lately? Do you have a road report?

I was going to take a short run Sunday and can't decide which way to head.

Cheers.
Marc

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 12:15 PM
I've never been up lookout, I heard that alot of drifter kids go up there. Is it a good ride?
Thats a hella fuckin sick lookin R1 by the way:up:

V-Twin Villain
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Lookout is a blast but, watch out for sand, cyclists, and cops. Enjoy...

Lomax
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Lookout is a wonderful road BUT: Please keep in mind it is VERY tight and twisty. If you mess up and go off the edge of the road you will stop several hundred or thousand feet later, straight down.:crazy: It is also very residential. You must be very careful about kids, Dogs, Forest Rats, Cars on the wrong side of the road, and everything. It also gets sanded fairly heavily during the winter months.

Here is a satellite view of the road.

http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=&t=h&om=1&z=13&ll=39.728313,-105.24147&spn=0.052941,0.105915 (http://www.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&q=&t=h&om=1&z=13&ll=39.728313,-105.24147&spn=0.052941,0.105915)

If the link does not show the road click on "Hybrid" and it will.

Ride it and enjoy it but don't abuse it so we can use it forever.

BTW: there is some great history up there also. Buffalo Bill is buried up there and most of the TV and Radio stations have their Big antenna up there. One of my favorite nigh clubs was up there in my youth (Sam's) but it is some strange Bridal shower place now.:down: All of the neat historic stuff is turning into shit these days. OK, OK I will get off my people are destroying the state kick. LOL:

Thanks for the comments on the scooter.

Cheers.
Marc

Graphics
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 02:03 PM
:horse: Ideally Lookout is the greatest place, close to town, nice and curvy, great view. Reality...your just going to get stuck behind someone going 10mph or less. Well, you can still enjoy the view i guess. Last time I went up there, there were signs of gravel on the upper portion, specially around the bends. I would be carfull though, like stated before, kids go up there often, and most of them cant drive well enough. Hug the crap out of them corners lol.

ghostrider_9
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 02:54 PM
I work right by there. If I get out of here early enough I will take a ride down it.

Yes, I rode to work this morning . . . :))

Lomax
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I work right by there. If I get out of here early enough I will take a ride down it.

Yes, I rode to work this morning . . . :))

Thanks Ghost, :bow:

Who didn't ride to work today ??:shocked: DOH! but I will admit I did not ride the sport bike.:)

Cheers.
Marc

ghostrider_9
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 05:00 PM
I will try to give you a call to let you know how it is. I assume that the number under your avatar is the right one.

Lomax
Fri Nov 17th, 2006, 05:16 PM
:up: Up until about 21:00 it is.

Update on Lookout. I have a report that, like usual this time of year, it is sanded in all the wrong places and the road surface is not very conducive to riding at anything over a tourist pace. Where oh where is that good winter road when I really need it LOL: It might just be time for the Coal Creek, Golden Gate loop with the ever vigilant eye out for the inevitable sand, ice, and water flows.

Thanks
Marc

thedude
Sat Nov 18th, 2006, 11:16 PM
What the is a Forest Rats ?
Deer ? Deer is a bit big to be
considered a deer i think.

thedude
Sat Nov 18th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Deer is a bit big to be considered a rat.

Lomax
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Nope you got it. Deer = Forest Rat. :)

Marc

thedude
Sun Nov 19th, 2006, 09:23 AM
sweet :)

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:58 PM
so how bad was the sand?

Lomax
Wed Nov 22nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
I did not go up Lookout this last weekend but did go up Coal Creek. The sand in Coal Creek is OK and there is VERY little of it. I did not go down the back side but up to Wondervu it is fine.

Marc