PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow (11/20/2006) Ride?

TommyTheKid
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 01:39 PM
So, its supposed to be like low-to-mid 70's tomorrow. I think I am coming down with something. Wait I am sure of it. I will probably get sick tomorrow around 10-ish. I might feel better in the afternoon around 3-ish. Does anyone know of something that would be good for a "sick" person to do between like 11 and 2 tomorrow? :)

~tommy

EDIT: Yes, tomorrow is the 21st, can someone (mod) fix the subject?
EDIT2: Yay Suki, now I can edit subject :D
EDIT3: However, it doesn't change the topic in the forum :((

Devaclis
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Isn't tomorrow the 21st?

Wish I could take tomorrow off. Gonna be sweeeeeet riding weather!

TommyTheKid
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 01:49 PM
You are right. I am stupid, and I can't edit the subject (topic). Maybe I am subconciously wanting to ride today too? :)

~tommy

Suki
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 02:58 PM
when you edit the first post, go into advance and then you can change the title

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 03:33 PM
<---- thinking of riding. But, debating if my bike should be ridden...

rideco
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 03:34 PM
no work=ride bike... so i am in.
mike

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 03:41 PM
call me and let me know if this happens....

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I'm more then likely down for a ride

pilot
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 06:01 PM

TommyTheKid
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Tentative Plan:

- Meet at 10:45 AM at the Loaf & Jug in Golden on Hwy 93 and Washington Ave.
102 N. Ruby Ave
Golden, CO
- 11AM Departure

- Ride North on 93 to Golden Gate
- Ride Golden Gate Canyon Road to 119 [RALLY]
- Ride 119 to Nederland [RALLY]
- Ride 72 to Ward [RALLY]
- Ride Left Hand Canyon Road to Foothills Parkway [RALLY]

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&gid6=19549887&q5=Left+Hand+Canyon+Rd.+and+Foothills+Parkway%2C+B oulder%2C+CO&q4=Ward%2C+CO&q3=Nederland%2C+CO&q2=Golden+Gate+Canyon+Road+and+Highway+119%2C+8047 4&gid1=19631765&q1=109+Ruby+Dr%2C+Golden%2C+CO&trf=0
*** OPTION TO SPLIT AND GO HOME?

- Ride Foothills Parkway to Left on 66 to Lyons [RALLY]
- Ride Hwy 7 (S. St Vrain Dr) to Peak-to-Peak [RALLY]
- Ride Peak-to-Peak south to Nederland [RALLY/GAS]

- Ride Boulder Canyon back to town -- should there be a rally at some bar-ish place?

http://maps.yahoo.com/#mvt=m&gid6=19549887&q5=Left+Hand+Canyon+Rd.+and+Foothills+Parkway%2C+B oulder%2C+CO&q4=Ward%2C+CO&q3=Nederland%2C+CO&q2=Golden+Gate+Canyon+Road+and+Highway+119%2C+8047 4&gid1=19631765&q1=109+Ruby+Dr%2C+Golden%2C+CO&trf=0

~tommy

rideco
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM
damm dude how much gas that damm bike of yours use??? lol jk.. 10:45 meet 11 on the road sounds good to me. Forgot i have a 2pm concall so i will have to cut out a little early. oh and if T is with us a bar stop should be included.
mike

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 07:52 PM
damm dude how much gas that damm bike of yours use??? lol jk.. 10:45 meet 11 on the road sounds good to me. Forgot i have a 2pm concall so i will have to cut out a little early. oh and if T is with us a bar stop should be included.
mike

you know it!:drink:

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 07:53 PM
OK... help me decide... should I go? I have coolant leaking from my bike... can smell it burning....
vote????

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 07:56 PM
how bad is it leaking and from were does it leave a puddle ?

TommyTheKid
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Damn that coyote! We'll be going thru lots of towns to get more coolant :)

.. see my previous post for some "maps"

~tommy

OK... help me decide... should I go? I have coolant leaking from my bike... can smell it burning....
vote????

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:21 PM
how bad is it leaking and from were does it leave a puddle ?

welp doc, it's like this...

the pavement is damp right under/front of shifter. It's wet under the panel, (yes I fingered it). When I rode it today I could smell the burn at the stops. Some Audi wanted to race... you who know me know that wasn't going unanswered.... so it burned a bit. :hibye: (buh-bye audi with new little temp. plates on window...why do they even try?):think:

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM
well its cause your a hot chick on a bike, they wanna see if you know how to ride it.
Do you know were your over flow bottle is on my r6 its right by the shifter and if the hose comes off it spits some. Hopefully its something simple like that.

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:33 PM
My overflow is above it under the panel..... what hose you talking about....

Me? Hot? oh my, you must be jesting!:eyebrows:

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM
the hose that attaches to the lid. there should be one on the lid and one on the neck of the bottle. The one on the lid is the one that spits the other one is the overflows overflow and fluid only comes out of it when the bottle is to full

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 08:55 PM
:no: ya....I get it...

means I gotta take off the panel... wasn't want'n to do that if I was going riding....

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:08 PM
is there a way to see if its empty without removing anything?

suzinpink
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:12 PM
the overflow has about an inch or two in it... doesn't mean anything though....

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:22 PM
of course it does. It means theres something in there.
I was thinkin that maybe the bottle was cracked or broken if so it would be empty prolly.
Well heres my vote as long as its not running hot or leaking so bad that it starts getting on the tire or your foot I say ride it.

rideco
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:44 PM
T,
I will give you a call in the am but the ride is on for sure. Tommy has a truck so worst case if ya do break down we can go fetch the truck and haul the bike back.... see everyone tomorrow and looking forward to the ride.
mike

N1KSS1KS1x
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:51 PM
I just saw your post on your chitlens going on break and january is like 2and half months away and it would suck to ride and have problems.
So if you want to you can swing by my spot and ride my bike and I can tightin your chain check out your leak. I really shouldn't go riding cause i need to put a rear end back in my elcamino and its outside and there isn't gonna be many more warn days to do it.

I'm gonna go watch scrubs

rideco
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:49 AM
T,
yea after thinking about it you know the condition of you bike better then I do. if my bike was leaking coolent I doubt I would ride it until it was fixed... just left you voice mail so not sure if you are going to meet us or what. My buddy is planning on riding with us so we are still going to meet at golden at 10:45. Nick sorry to hear you are going to work on your car but that is very nice of you to offer to look at t's bike. what a guy you are..... anyways if anyone wants to ride you guys know the time and location.
ttyl
mike

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 09:08 AM
Well thanks man,its a good lookin out thing you know, if I didnt know how to do it I'd like to think theres peeps out there that would help me out you know. Plus if my bike is not here and I am she won't be sittin in garage eyeball fuckin me everytime I walk by it screeming ride me ride me ride me. It makes getttin shit done on nice days easier you know. :)
So I'm still unsure what is that I'm doing I may come through I dont know.

suzinpink
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 04:34 PM
"You are like chocolate covered sexy doctor good!"

Too nice.... I rode today.
I went and did golden gate by myself and then I went to Nat's and he tightened my chain and looked at my bike. He's good people's too. Didn't have time to find the leak
You guys rock!
I showed up at the 7-11 at 10 after, you guys were gone... I figured you would be. I hope your ride was good.
N- if I had your number I would have stopped by!

\
I just saw your post on your chitlens going on break and january is like 2and half months away and it would suck to ride and have problems.
So if you want to you can swing by my spot and ride my bike and I can tightin your chain check out your leak. I really shouldn't go riding cause i need to put a rear end back in my elcamino and its outside and there isn't gonna be many more warn days to do it.

I'm gonna go watch scrubs

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:52 PM
Ahh sorry I thought I posted it up for before that last ride its 303-242-
1564. I'm glad you didn't have any problems.
How was the road sand wise up there?
Hope the rest of yous had a good ride.
If its nice enough I'm probly gonna hit that turkey day ride

TommyTheKid
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:09 PM
So, we had a pretty good ride, Golden Gate is a bit sandy up high, but its not too bad. We got to Ward then had to turn around when rideco tried to stop in ward (will let him tell the story). Rode back to Ned and back down 119. I then had a nice Brothers BBQ in Broomfield at 2-ish and rode all over hell in northern-ish Colorado just screwing around.

Here was a nice pic before the incident :p more to come later.

PS: sorry about the crappy pics.. cell phone quality :p

N1KSS1KS1x
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:52 PM
Thats so weird I had a feeling something bad happend today.
That turn in from 72 is hella hard to spot the first handful of times I still miss it coming from 7 and it is usually always has sand all over it, so I think I kinda know what hes gonna say.

TommyTheKid
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah, so I have had to read this post several times to get past the chocolate covered part...

Anyhow, damn I should have posted my number, we would have waited if we knew you were coming.. D'oh! :)

We went thru the 7-11 at like 5 after.. I don't know how you didn't catch up to us... we were riding all slow like and stopped at the lake thing for like 15 er so mins?

~tommy

"You are like chocolate covered sexy doctor good!"

Too nice.... I rode today.
I went and did golden gate by myself and then I went to Nat's and he tightened my chain and looked at my bike. He's good people's too. Didn't have time to find the leak
You guys rock!
I showed up at the 7-11 at 10 after, you guys were gone... I figured you would be. I hope your ride was good.
N- if I had your number I would have stopped by!

\

rideco
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:31 PM
ok so here is the story.... we were heading into ward and I decided to pull over to wait for tj and my friend.. slowed down and hit this patch of sand going like 5mph. yea bike went down and cracked and scratched the fairing on one side. :( all i have to say is that gear works and I am 100% fine. bike needs new right fairing and new wind screen. :( But all in all outside of feeling like a fool for crashing and at low speed even its all good. Here is a bad pic of my bike now.. You really cant see the damage but the fairing is done.
mike

suzinpink
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:35 PM
That's funny. I sat at 7-11 for 15 min and had hot cocoa... thought.."where'd they go?" he he. I knew I'd missed ya. I wasn't going to do the whole ride anyway and I didn't want to hold everyone up. I was still up in the air about even going when I suddnely found myself there... LOL... isn't that funny?

That chocolate covered thing is from the yoplait commercials... ya know?

Anyway, I hope you all had a blast... even if it was without me:( ! At least you didn't have the "bar" hunter with you!!!!LOL

Yeah, so I have had to read this post several times to get past the chocolate covered part...

Anyhow, damn I should have posted my number, we would have waited if we knew you were coming.. D'oh! :)

We went thru the 7-11 at like 5 after.. I don't know how you didn't catch up to us... we were riding all slow like and stopped at the lake thing for like 15 er so mins?

~tommy

suzinpink
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:37 PM
Man... that SUCKS!!!!! sorry! Doesn't it just piss ya off????

ok so here is the story.... we were heading into ward and I decided to pull over to wait for tj and my friend.. slowed down and hit this patch of sand going like 5mph. yea bike went down and cracked and scratched the fairing on one side. :( all i have to say is that gear works and I am 100% fine. bike needs new right fairing and new wind screen. :( But all in all outside of feeling like a fool for crashing and at low speed even its all good. Here is a bad pic of my bike now.. You really cant see the damage but the fairing is done.
mike

rideco
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:39 PM
T,
sorry we missed you my cell phone is not working so there was no real way to contact me.

Anyways it was really nice today and peak to peak was nicer then it was the last time we took it.. well except for the damm patch of fing sand i hit while trying to pull over.. Any of you guys going to Breck. Brewery tomorrow night? I am going to head down for sure but I think i will take my truck. lol
ttyl
mike

suzinpink
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:42 PM
tommy,
you should gimme your number for da future. Mike never answered his phone... only called him a bazillion times drinking my cocoa and in the morn before I left....

suzinpink
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:43 PM
oh, sorry about your phone dude. I have the evening w/out kiddos, we'll see if I end up at breck's..

rideco
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 10:46 PM
Man... that SUCKS!!!!! sorry! Doesn't it just piss ya off????

well you know its like this... yea it sucks a$$.. but I am ok. Bike is basicly ok and 300$ will get it back to normal. If i were going to crash i dont think I could have asked for a better one. I have seen pic of bikes dropped in driveways that had more dammage. what can u do.... Happy i was wearing gear... Happy I am ok.... Bike will be fixed.... Life goes on and I will ride again more then likely tomorrow.....
mike