PDA

View Full Version : Maverick Motocross Track

dallas
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I went to Maverick Motocross Track yesterday for a few hours. The track is located about 9 miles east of I-25 off of exit 122 (PPIR exit).

The track condition was pretty decent considering they don't have any type of watering system except for Mother Nature. Tommy is the guy who runs the track and he was really cool. The price was only $10 for all day riding. For $200, there is an unlimited membership where you can use the track all you want with no additional fees.

The 1.5 mile track consisted of a few table tops, several doubles, a triple and a decent whoop section. Most of the doubles were basically a launch jump with a semi table-top landing. These were intimidating at first, but once you get used to hitting them, they build your confidence because you don't have to worry about coming up short on the landing. At any given time, there wasn't more than four of five bikes out on the track, not crowded at all.

If you are looking for a track near the Springs, it is worth $10 to check the place out.

FZRguy
Mon Nov 20th, 2006, 09:05 PM
We were at Wakins last year and this dude came up and talked for 10 minutes about his plan to build a big MX/SM park in the Springs. I wonder if this is it?

dallas
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:59 AM
We were at Wakins last year and this dude came up and talked for 10 minutes about his plan to build a big MX/SM park in the Springs. I wonder if this is it?

That might be the guy who is trying to start Moto Zone out east of Colorado Springs. Tommy at Mavericks took over a couple of months ago.

I think the Moto Zone guy is trying to get county zoning or something right now. Moto Zone should be a nice place if everything goes as planned. There is a picture of the Moto Zone guy on his website.

www.motozone.us (http://www.motozone.us)