View Full Version : Seinfeld's Kramer (Michael Richards) Racist Tirade

CBRChick
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:35 AM
Anyone else hear about this?? Wow....

Video may be NWS due to language..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

Devaclis
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:46 AM
'bout fucking time. People are getting too comfortable in their own skins. Shake things up a bit. When you are at a comedy club, taunting the comedian, expect some nasty things and don't get butt hurt over it.

dallas
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:16 AM
What if this was Chris Rock, Dave Chappell or Carlos Mencia? Those guys rip on every single race but because they are a minority it is accepted as funny. Carlos Mencia even bags on the handicapped.

I think the whole deal recieved more attention than it deserved.

~Barn~
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Rock, Chappell, and Mencia (who personally I don't even think is terribly funny), always have played on racial stereotypes; With great success I might add. No harm/No foul on their part, because it's been thier gig since go. Same thing with Eddie Murphy, that one "you might be a redneck if.." guy, and Pryor. Again... All very obvious in their careers.

The thing here though, is so far as I've ever known, Michael Richards has never employeed the whole race thing into his "schtick". I don't remember ever catching wind that it was part of his routine. :dunno:

Now Dana may call it shaking-things-up, or fair turnabout for a heckler, but (to me at least), it looks quite plainly like a pissed off dude who didn't have the material or wit to respond with something good, and went to the lowest common denominator in his arsonal. That which he may or may not believe.

Is it a big deal? Nah, not really. They're only words. He didn't lynch anybody. And just like Mel Gibson, it's his own rep that ends up owning whatever outcome lands in his lap. But, I certainly don't buy the take that it was a conscious "serve/volley" of wit between a comedican and a heckler. :roll: Dude got razzed and had a meltdown. He admitted it.

Somebody truly funny and quick, woulda sliced this guy up and down, and done it without a nigger-laced tirade. But yeah... it's amazing what it even newsworthy these days.
Sigh....

Devaclis
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:59 AM
I forgot to make my point. This should not have even made the news. Pissed off or not, racial slurs or not, he should be able to say what he wants. Like Barn said, some people are creative enough to not have to use slurs, others cannot.

~Barn~
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 09:02 AM
See... "I forgot to make my point"

Now that shit right there is funny as hell and Dana hardly had to call me a spic at all.

dallas
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 09:06 AM
See... "I forgot to make my point"

Now that shit right there is funny as hell and Dana hardly had to call me a spic at all.

Now that we are over all the racial slurs, is really called for to use all the profanity?

Oh fuck, never mind, I cuss and shit all the damn time.

Devaclis
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 09:12 AM
Hey there, shitty shitty fag fag
Shitty shitty fag fag how are you?

Devaclis
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.seinfeld-fan.net/pictures/kramer/kramer027.jpg

Canuck
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 11:51 AM
Rock, Chappell, and Mencia (who personally I don't even think is terribly funny), always have played on racial stereotypes; With great success I might add. No harm/No foul on their part, because it's been thier gig since go. Same thing with Eddie Murphy, that one "you might be a redneck if.." guy, and Pryor. Again... All very obvious in their careers.

The thing here though, is so far as I've ever known, Michael Richards has never employeed the whole race thing into his "schtick". I don't remember ever catching wind that it was part of his routine. :dunno:

Now Dana may call it shaking-things-up, or fair turnabout for a heckler, but (to me at least), it looks quite plainly like a pissed off dude who didn't have the material or wit to respond with something good, and went to the lowest common denominator in his arsonal. That which he may or may not believe.

Is it a big deal? Nah, not really. They're only words. He didn't lynch anybody. And just like Mel Gibson, it's his own rep that ends up owning whatever outcome lands in his lap. But, I certainly don't buy the take that it was a conscious "serve/volley" of wit between a comedican and a heckler. :roll: Dude got razzed and had a meltdown. He admitted it.

Somebody truly funny and quick, woulda sliced this guy up and down, and done it without a nigger-laced tirade. But yeah... it's amazing what it even newsworthy these days.
Sigh....

:applause:

King Nothing
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 12:51 PM
I can't stand white people.

txrc51fatboy
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 01:03 PM
me either

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM
Don't hate with responses...just trying to ask a serious question here.

With racial slurs and such, does it not matter the intent behind it? I mean, is a comedian using such racial slurs with the intent of trying to be funny the same as another comedian who loses their cool and maliciously goes on a verbal tirade?

To me it's not the same. It's not always what's said, but how it's delivered.

Thoughts?

wulf
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:18 PM
just because he was on stage at a comedy club does not make him a comedian. That wasn't part of his act, and definatly not comedy.

Bueller
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 07:26 PM
I don't give a shit

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 08:53 PM
just because he was on stage at a comedy club does not make him a comedian. That wasn't part of his act, and definatly not comedy.

Wulf...something was lost in translation here. I agree with you entirely, thus me saying "...comedian who loses their cool and maliciously goes on a verbal tirade?"

Personally, I don't dig that kind of garbage.

wulf
Tue Nov 21st, 2006, 09:59 PM
That comment was entirely my opinion of the incident, not a reply to your post.

Sorry for the confusion.

#1Townie
Thu Nov 23rd, 2006, 02:00 PM
i think it was funny..... on many many many levals...