PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Stolen

ChrisW
Fri Nov 24th, 2006, 12:07 PM
My Multistrada was stolen from my garage sometime between late Monday
night and Thursday morning (20-23 Nov, 2006). If you see it around give me a call. Chris 650-####

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/5588/2404/1600/90285/DSCN1784.jpg

All suited up for the 1 mile ride to work.

ChrisW
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 09:38 PM
El Paso County Sheriff calls me at 5pm tonight. They have located my Ducati at the apartment residence of a drug dealer. They have me wait until they get a search warrant; they raid the place, arrest the thieves, then return my bike to me. Bike is in good shape, got the key back too. It's now back in the garage at home and the drug dealers are on their way to jail. Started with a crime stoppers tip to the extent of "there is a drug dealer in my apartment complex, and there is a black Ducati w/ yellow wheels he is keeping in the parking lot".

Sweet.

pauliep
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 09:39 PM
score!

Canuck
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM
Nice one!

King Nothing
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 09:52 PM
SWEET!

livinlife2themax
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:08 PM
Congrats!!!:bananna:

Airreed
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:14 PM
consider that your lottery win!!!

Mel
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:18 PM
That is awesome! Congrats!

Nick_Ninja
Thu Feb 1st, 2007, 10:20 PM
Better take the bar-ends off, along with the frame tube plugs, and be sure to check for 'new' welds and 'new' paint 'blends' ------- there still could be blow packed in the frame of that meatball express. Not that I would know anything about that type of operation :D

64BonnieLass
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:36 AM
I just love happy endings. Congrats to you - it is terrific you got it back.

~Barn~
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Hell yeah! You got your rig back w/out incident, and a bunch of drugs stuffed up in it. That's almost like..... Worth it.

:up:

Sully
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:43 AM
El Paso County Sheriff calls me at 5pm tonight. They have located my Ducati at the apartment residence of a drug dealer. They have me wait until they get a search warrant; they raid the place, arrest the thieves, then return my bike to me. Bike is in good shape, got the key back too. It's now back in the garage at home and the drug dealers are on their way to jail. Started with a crime stoppers tip to the extent of "there is a drug dealer in my apartment complex, and there is a black Ducati w/ yellow wheels he is keeping in the parking lot".

Sweet.

Uhh.. where was the key ? In the bike when it was jacked ? :? Am I missing something ..... ????

64BonnieLass
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:45 AM
Uhh.. where was the key ? In the bike when it was jacked ? :? Am I missing something ..... ????

Oooohhhh nice point Sully! (always thinking aren't ya?)

ChrisW
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah, they got the key because they got into my F#$ing house too.

Sully
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 10:12 AM
Ohhhh SH*T... did they clean your house out too ?

swademaster
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Good to hear you got it back.

ChrisW
Fri Feb 2nd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Fortuantely, I just lost some tools and a couple of helmets on top of the bike.

Actually, I worked all day today and have not had a chance to charge the battery and run the thing. It still has oil in it which smells normal (not burnt or anything), but I'm going to change it out before I run it. Who knows what kind of redlining they did to the engine. Guess I'll know tomorrow.

Or maybe I'll go to the garage right now and get to work.....

eklew
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:09 AM
How did they break into your house? Just want to know so we know how to better protect our homes. Glad you got your bike back too!

(( LO LO ))
Sat Feb 3rd, 2007, 11:55 AM
Glad you had a happy ending to this one. I F*#king hate thieves...

Graphics
Sun Feb 4th, 2007, 03:05 PM
Yea really, that is freaking fantastic. 1 bike back where it belongs, and 1 drug dealer behind bars. SCORE :yay:

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Feb 6th, 2007, 04:07 PM
congrats on getting it back. I would hate to have anyone violate my baby.

ChrisW
Thu Feb 8th, 2007, 08:37 PM
The story continues...

I’ve been resisting getting a pet for my kids. Hate the sh!it, p!ss, pet hair,
furniture damage, expense, etc. But when a very nice stray cat starts hanging
around, I let the kids take care of it and keep it in the garage. While doing
so, they keep leaving the door next to the garage open so the beast can go in
and out.

So the door gets left open (again), and the drug user that stole my bike is
casing the neighborhood at 2am, he sees the door open, goes inside, sees the bike,
rolls it out and down the street, starts it, and is gone.

How do I know this? I know this because the thief stopped by my house Tuesday
afternoon to say he was "sorry" and that he wants to "turn his life around
and get off meth." Pretty bold move, but he was sincere; just an 18 year-old
kid, on his first offense. Says he was casing my neighborhood looking for stuff
to steal so he could buy more meth.

He tells his "Hearing on Advisement" (first appearance) is Wednesday, so
I go to the courthouse to listen in. He is charged with Aggravated Motor Vehicle
Theft in the 1st Degree, a class 4 felony with a prison term of 2 to 4 or 6 years,
I can’t remember exactly which.

So his story goes that after putting 50 or so miles on my bike, and running from
the cops on it once, he takes it to his buddy’s place (the apartment complex where
it was found) to settle a debt. His idiot buddy just leaves it in the parking lot
for weeks and weeks. The Crime Stoppers tip comes in, they run the plates, (get
this, MY plates are still on the thing), they get a warrant, raid the place,
find drugs, you know the rest of the story. Well most of it; his buddy immediately
rats him out and the cops go to his parent's house, his dad wakes him up and says
some Sheriff deputies want to talk to him, apparently he admits stealing the bike.

The bike does have some scratches and minor vandalism-type damage that I didn’t
see the night I got it back. After a full battery charge, and checking all the
fuses, the bike still shows absolutely no signs of life. Nothing in the dash
whatsoever, so it’s at the shop getting ‘analyzed’ (yeah, its Italian).

Big of the kid to stop by and say he is sorry. He also offered to pay for repairs,
but we will see about that. I’ll be at his sentencing putting in my 2 cents that
part of his punishment needs to be restitution / payment for whatever the repairs
come out to be.

What a week, next court date, Feb 26. 8:30am

CanyonCarver
Fri Feb 9th, 2007, 09:59 AM
wow that's very bold. I don't think I would do that! It would be nice if he did pay for everything

Sully
Fri Feb 9th, 2007, 10:23 AM
That's definitely ballsy... I'd probably kick the guys ass... :rant:

denverbusa
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 04:41 PM
The kids dad who got woken up by the Police was probably hoping you would kick his ass like he should have years ago. Hopefully the kid will make good but don't hold your breath. That meth will fuck a person up. Can't tell you how many people I known that have fallen into it. Only one has made it back out and he still acts and thinks like we were back in High School. The mind just does not recover from it.

Glad the bike is home where it belongs... or hopefully will be before too long.

ChrisW
Sat Feb 10th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

More good news today as the dealer found and fixed corrosion in the wiring harness for a few hours labor. No thousand dollar Instrument Panel / Dash replacements.

Yahoo! my bike is running again...

denverbusa
Thu Feb 15th, 2007, 04:27 PM
It is awsome to hear that all is right in the world... At least your world. Three days after I posted here on your thread I had the unpleasure of writing my own thread here. Hopefully I will be as lucky.

Take care and say a prayer for my Duc.

Mark

ChrisW
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Prayers offered for recovery of your bike. Very sorry to hear it. Drive around looking in apartment complexes, maybe they are as dumb as the guys who took my bike. :)

denverbusa
Tue Feb 20th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I've got about 50 miles in area back streets and residential parking lots. I am sure hoping it shows up.