PDA

View Full Version : Any one know of a good seamstress?

green_zx7r
Sat Jan 11th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for a seamstress to sew a strip of zippers into my leather jacket to attach to my Alpinestar track pants. Can anyone recommend me a good seamstress?

Also, any ideas on how much this may cost?

Thanks for your answer.

ZX6R_red

BlackHawk
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 07:06 AM
I had some alterations done to my leathers by "Alexander by MacCray" 303-934-7940. They were recommended by two different places I called as the only people in town who are both willing and capable of working on Motorcycle leathers. They are located on the west side of Broadway just north of Bates. I ended up paying about $100 but they did a fair bit more than what you say you require. I am still very happy with their work.

rocktboy
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 01:01 PM
some mra racer dude's wife does a lot of motorcycle leather related stuff. i don't have her contact info but go to www.mra-racing.org and ask the people there.

yakuza
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 01:36 PM
some mra racer dude's wife does a lot of motorcycle leather related stuff. i don't have her contact info but go to www.mra-racing.org and ask the people there.

Yeah, I don't know her name either but she repaired my buddy's leathers after he crashed and broke his collarbone. He had a nice tear on the shoulder, she patched it and sewed his name on there to "disguise" the repair job, and I think it only cost him $40 or something like that. I'm pretty sure he tipped her more than that though. :)

HCRMike might have her contact info...

Cap
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 02:01 PM

That dude happens to be the President of the club. His name is Andrew Drattlo, and his wife, Kris, does great work on leathers. I don't have contact info, but at least now you have the name.

yakuza
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Ah cool, thanks Cap.

From the MRA website, here's the link to get Andrew Drattlo's contact info:
http://www.mra-racing.org/makeContact.cfm

hcr25
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 09:16 PM
Kris is the woman that can do it! she has repaired my leathers many times.She is also the Wintex dealer for the area and those are the leaters i will be wearing this year! Mike Hard Core Racing #25

green_zx7r
Mon Jan 13th, 2003, 09:57 PM
You guys are great.

Thanks for the responding everyone!