PDA

View Full Version : Bogus video?

Punkin
Mon Nov 27th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Ok, so after my laptop/cell connection just timed out, I'll make my new post brief...

I just got emailed a link to a video of cops shooting some dude with subguns about a billion times, and shooting their own K9 unit, who was deployed AFTER the subguns opened up.

I found LOTS of reasons why the video appeared bogus, including a striking resemblence to some "REAL TV" kind of video I've seen before.

Bad guys name was supposedly Deandre Brunston, google search only shows anti-cop hate sites and forums like this citing the incident, which supposedly occurred in 2003. Not ONE "real" news link.

Anyone have any info on this incident and it's reality?

Thanks,
--Scott

Jaydoc
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
http://www.copwatchla.org/newsaction.cgi?article=9999999811202.995513459621

Here's the link: NSFW and very disturbing however this guy was begging them to shoot him.

Shame about the dog though.

mushin_man39
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM
Google Lt, Patrick Maxwell, the alleged instigator on the police side. Don't see anything? Me either. Wanna buy a bridge?

Jaydoc
Sat Dec 2nd, 2006, 06:41 PM
It has to be a fake because NO ONE could be that f'ing stupid, could they?

DeeStylez
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 12:00 AM
That is wild...I seen a documentry a few months back on gang wars and a similiar situation was caught on video, but the guy was high on drugs. Seems to me this Deandre character had a "death wish". And that poor dog didn't have a chance either :dunno:

Project Sh*tbox
Sun Dec 3rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
Didn't seem too bogus when they lifted that poor dog's carcass out of the scene.

Trigger happy bastards though, rounds were poppin off before he had the gun in view.

Even though he threw it, he did produce a weapon, as he promised.

Don't think that was exactly protocol for a standoff, I'm pretty sure somebody's in trouble.

The cops were definetly out of line, but I have to say that that dude sure did a good job of promising a bunch of s.w.a.t. that he was gonna shoot at them and their dog... sounds like he was wantin to die, but just to big of a pussy to pull the trigger himself. When I was in the police academy at UC they taught about situations like that, they called it "suicide by cop."

-ASC

I`m Batman
Mon Dec 4th, 2006, 05:52 PM
why did they release the dog then shoot?
what kind of gun did the cops used? freaking M16? seems a little much if you ask me. couldn't they have stop at a few rounds?
but the guy did ask for it... but he didn't ask for that much.

Project Sh*tbox
Tue Dec 5th, 2006, 08:23 AM
what kind of gun did the cops used?
Prolly MP5's... but yeah, a lil much.

-ASC

RAGrote
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Poor dog.... jesus what a waste of a good animal.

fuk that other moron. They waited too long.

R1chie
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Without mercy and compassion, we are no better than animals. http://www.motox.org/forum/stirthepot.gif :)

thunderseye
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 04:35 PM
depends on how many cops were there, standard police 9mil glock holds 17 rounds, you can cap off a bunch fast if you are a good shooter, if there were 8 cops and each fired of 10 rounds then wouldnt be hard, why they released the dog and shot i dunno, but considering he threw the gun, said he would shoot at them, they saw the gun they could fire in self defense, you dont shoot 2 or 3 times, you shoot to stop the threat, you don't stop till the threat stops. 10 rounds each, matter of seconds, i'm not saying they are right but people have this stigma on that you should only shoot 3 times then stop and see, there are numerous cases where men were shot with even a 12 gauge shot gun at point blank and they kept coming. who ever fired the first shot may have been wrong, hard to see what he saw when he fired that first shot, but from there the suspect was holding a gun, and they heard a gun shot. so the rest shot to that.

mushin_man39
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 05:28 PM
cops don't use 9mm anymore.

wulf
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Cops use many calibers, 9mm included.

I can't tell weather he threw the gun, or he was drawing it and he was hit, then let go.

I think it's real, as far as why you can't find anything on it? A guy with a guy who's threatening to kill the cops in compton, that happens everyday.

What i can't figure out is why a guy would get that close with a camera.

The "facts" they list below are very skewed. I knew an Officer who was sued for sexual molestation, kidnapping and rape. He took a suspect in and told them he thought the guy had something hidden, they gave him a body cavity search to find drugs...

There's always 2 sides, and somewhere in the middle there's truth.

Funny how they claim he was unarmed...

Check out the victim's story:
http://www.refuseandresist.org/brutality/art.php?aid=1098

"Earlier this year, Trey enrolled in a drug treatment program. He went for a couple of weeks but he couldn't hang with it and soon dropped out. The Sheriffs claimed that Trey "had an outstanding arrest warrant for narcotics." Nicole said that if the Sheriffs had arrested Trey, he would have been referred back to the treatment program and not sent to prison.

On the day he was killed, Trey was unusually angry about something. Around 7 pm, he argued with both Nicole and his girlfriend Fonda. The conflict escalated and got physical. He punched Nicole who called the Sheriff to report the assault. Ninety minutes passed and the cops had not shown up. Nicole, eight months pregnant, started feeling sick. Nicole had forgotten about calling the cops by then and called the paramedics instead. When an ambulance arrived, so did the Sheriffs."

"Meanwhile, a Sheriff interviewed Nicole at a nearby hospital. He asked Nicole if she knew someone named Deandre Brunston. He said that Deandre had two guns and they had already taken one away from him. Nicole told the cop that there was no way that her friend had a gun."

thunderseye
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 09:33 PM
cops don't use 9mm anymore.

where the hell did you pull that out of. most of the police academies, train and teach to shoot with a 9 mm. once you get in a dept, you can use for the most part any gun you feel comfortable with from the list they provide

wulf
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Thunderseye

Not allways, maybe in the departments here in CO. Some issue a pistol.

thunderseye
Tue Dec 12th, 2006, 04:03 AM
yes thats why i said most. or many, leaving open that some dont and may not. and you are right, some depts may still issue weapons, but the more common thing is to now let the cops choose, i was just defending the fact that many still do use and train with 9mm, to say that cops dont use, as is no one, or no depts. is assinine,