PDA

View Full Version : Leather repairs by CO Leather & Furs - don't!!!!!!!!!!!

surfinspacegirl
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 10:54 AM
So I took my leathers to Colorado Leather and Furs down on Broadway to get some lettering done and a small seam repaired. The shop was recommended to me.

They said it would take about a week and cost $100. (Kris, come back, all is forgiven!!!)

So, I go to pick up my leathers last Saturday and find that they took off the old lettering as requested, but just sewed on the new letters without taking off the glue from the old ones. Which makes the back of the leathers look like sh!t. When I pointed this out, they were less than cooperative. After some back and forth, I gave up, paid my money and left. :x

Yesterday I get a call from them saying "We just found some pads that we think came from your suit."

:wtf:

Turns out they removed some pads and forgot to put them back in. They put back one layer but not the second one. When I tried to arrange for them to get everything fixed in time to ride SCR Thursday, they gave me the run around re: dropping them off and picking them up. "I don't know what to tell you" was their answer.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

TELL ME YOU'RE GOING TO FIX THEM SO I DON'T LOSE MY SKIN OR LIMBS OR LIFE IF I CRASH, YOU MORONS!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Needless to say I would not recommend this as a place to get your leathers fixed. The last thing I need to be worrying about on race day is whether my leathers have all the pads they came with and whether all the seams are going to hold.

:x :x :x

Hoopty
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 10:59 AM
By any chance, is this the shop TK was reccommending? :?

surfinspacegirl
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:00 AM
By any chance, is this the shop TK was reccommending? :?

Yes. I just spoke to Bart and he's as disappointed as I was. Seems they used to do good work, but not any more, apparently. :x

Hoopty
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Damn, good thing I held off getting mine repaired. :| Anyone else have a good shop to take them to?

Anonymous
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:02 AM
So I see we're back to trying to find someone to do quality leather work around here... :|

*MV* #33
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Damn I had my leathers in my truck to take down to them last week.. but never got around to it... thank the lord.

Sux you wont make it this thursday.

MV

surfinspacegirl
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Damn I had my leathers in my truck to take down to them last week.. but never got around to it... thank the lord.

Lucky escape :|

Sux you wont make it this thursday. MV

Yup, I'm pissed. I was really set on doing some shakedown and getting some good practice in. Oh well :|

Hoopty
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:29 AM
MV- we should call them and tell them that we had planned to take our leathers there, but heard the service sucks so we're looking elsewhere. Then we should ask who they reccommend for good customer service. :D :lol: :321:

*MV* #33
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:33 AM
MV- we should call them and tell them that we had planned to take our leathers there, but heard the service sucks so we're looking elsewhere. Then we should ask who they reccommend for good customer service. :D :lol: :321:

I will call, ive got his number,, Frank Marakay err something

Hoopty
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Sweet, I will call later. :D

surfinspacegirl
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Wait until they've put the pads back in, though - they should be done Friday.

Rick T.
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 11:58 AM
What happened to Kris? I was given her name/number to get some work done on mine...

hcr25
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 01:19 PM
hey kids,give heather chelton a call. B.A.B. racing products 303-617-1650 or 720-810-3825
she has my leathers and has done a few other sets that i know of.Her prices are good and she is the better half of a racer so she knows how important quality is.please tell her i sent you.
Mike Applehans Hard Core Racing #25

Hoopty
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks Mike, looks like she just found herself some work to do! I am going to keep her busy all season. :oops: :cry:

Anonymous
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I just got off the phone with Heather & I'm hoping to drop off my leathers with her soon (maybe this weekend).

I got some price info & other details for everybody:

- Labor charges are $10/hr.
- Patches are $5 each (add $1 if you want vinyl covering), except for Michelin & Dunlop, which are already taken care of (for Michelin, just let her know that you want em - she lives close to Schellinger)
- Custom Lettering is $1/inch (font size) - so a 3"-high letter is $3 (metallic leather is more expensive)

Current turn-around time is abourt 2-3 days (she's been getting a lot of people telling her that they're waiting until the last minute - if that's the case, then the turn-around time will be longer).

303-617-1650 is her home # and best # to call during the week (she has voicemail & checks it often)
720-810-3825 is her cell.

She lives at 5796 S. Jerico Way in Centennial. And the best time to drop off/pick up your leathers is either on weekends, or after 6PM during the week.

8)

Hoopty
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Sweet, thanks for the info, Bob. 8)

BenDover
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Check that out. Bob posted just about every piece of info a stalker could want. :lol: :lol:

Anonymous
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 03:43 PM
I thought about that, but Applesauce already posted her phone numbers, and any stalker with half a brain could call her saying he has leathers in need of repair & where could he bring them. 8)

Rick T.
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 03:54 PM
:up:

Awesome. I guess she'll be getting a business boom her in the next week huh? Getting my Teknics done...

Bertha
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 05:32 PM
WOO HOO! Thanks, just called going to take leathers to her on Sat, gotta get some work done... So who is going to add there name to the back?

yakuza
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna add Hoopty's moms name to the crotch of my leathers.

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Dropped mine off this evening, :D

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna add Hoopty's moms name to the crotch of my leathers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rick T.
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Let's see pics when you all are done... :)

brian38
Wed Mar 24th, 2004, 08:16 PM
For the record :| we just had this shop as a name that did leather work and I tried to let most people know that they would want to look it over and check their work. Sorry it didn't work out. Please let us know of your experiences elswhere so we can point people in the right direction.

We are checking someone else out as well and I will wait for the verdict before releasing any names.

Sorry guys we tried....... :(

Brian
TK Motorsports

Rick T.
Fri Mar 26th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I just called Heather... Very nice lady. I will be dropping off my leathers tonight for some patching and custom work. I'm stoked!! :D:D:D

crazy irishman
Tue Apr 27th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Clarification on prices for BAB Racing products leatherwork.

hourly goes as such

hand sewing $15 an hour

machine sewing $10 an hour

Custom work layout and cutting $10 an hour

patches are $5 a piece + hourly unless they are Michelin or dunlap patches in which the reps take care of the cost any other reps interested in doing the same deal please let us know.

Vinyl patch covering is $2 a patch

Lettering is $1 an inch (high) per letter rember if you want shadowing that is charged as another letter +hourly

zippers and large areas of velcro will be charged for materials +hourly

Any other questions please feel free to call Heather or me at

303-617-1650
720-810-3825
720434-9374

hours are 9am-7pm monday through saturday

Thank you

King Nothing
Thu Jun 9th, 2005, 08:31 PM
BTW, because I'm, uh, big boned I need to have my new jacket altered, Heather doesn't do alterations. Only fixes. FYI

RISE FROM THE DEAD, OLD THREAD! RISE AND BE SEEN!

JT_42
Thu Jun 16th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Some people have seen the Spyder Leatherworks Banner in my pit area at races....
I would highly recommend her. She is one of the best in the US for leather repair. She does everything, except build from scratch. She knows the right technique on how to fix your leathers. Somebody that knows how to sew, doesn't know how to sew leathers. The stitch has to be made correct or it will come apart when you don't want it to.
If you give Alexa a call, she will be more than happy to chat with you and let you know if she can help. She does have a lead time, but ask her......
She might be able to fit you in. To ship your leathers out to WI it is about $14. Not bad for getting a professional job. Her prices are on the web site.
http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/
If you have any questions drop by my pit area (look for the banner), and I can get you a brochure for leather repair.

I'm done ranting....
James Tittle