PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE WANT TO JOIN ME ON A RIDE 11/29/06???

Bassil Duwaik
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 10:11 PM
yeahhhhh okay....anywho losing my mind without my stress release bike...So instead I found this article that may explain some things

http://www.phonedog.com/img/misc/editor_5785.gifWhy does my cell phone drop calls?

Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005
By Joe Kramer (http://www.phonedog.com/blog/author_5785.aspx), Director of Wireless Services
There are a number of reasons your cell phone will drop a call. One of the very basic reasons is that you are or have moved to far away from a cell tower. Tall buildings, mountains, thick foliage, and of course bad weather can all contribute to a call being dropped. What about when I’m driving on a beautiful sunny day in the middle of the desert and my phone decides it’s tired and drops the call. All of the major carriers are always looking to overlap their coverage areas, but unfortunately there is a limit to the networks architecture therefore you will sometimes run into an areas called “dead spots”. Dead spots occur where there is no antenna available to continue to transmit the signal.(duh)
Another reason that’s not so “captain obvious” are that solar flares can contribute to a number of dropped calls particularly during sunrise and sunset. This is because when cell towers are erected they are positioned to face east and west to communicate across the country. A call can be dropped without warning even if you have full bars of signal.
Tips for limiting dropping calls:

Keep your finger away from the antenna while talking on the phone.
Use an antenna booster (they are usually good for a bar or two).
Make sure your phone has the latest roaming database uploaded.
Switch to the carrier who has better coverage for your area.
Purchase a powered amplifier to boost your signal to the maximum allowed by the FCC.

*GSXR~SNAIL*
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 10:14 PM
yeahhhhh okay....anywho losing my mind without my stress release bike...So instead I found this article that may explain some things

http://www.phonedog.com/img/misc/editor_5785.gifWhy does my cell phone drop calls?

By Joe Kramer (http://www.phonedog.com/blog/author_5785.aspx), Director of Wireless Services
There are a number of reasons your cell phone will drop a call. One of the very basic reasons is that you are or have moved to far away from a cell tower. Tall buildings, mountains, thick foliage, and of course bad weather can all contribute to a call being dropped. What about when I’m driving on a beautiful sunny day in the middle of the desert and my phone decides it’s tired and drops the call. All of the major carriers are always looking to overlap their coverage areas, but unfortunately there is a limit to the networks architecture therefore you will sometimes run into an areas called “dead spots”. Dead spots occur where there is no antenna available to continue to transmit the signal.(duh)
Another reason that’s not so “captain obvious” are that solar flares can contribute to a number of dropped calls particularly during sunrise and sunset. This is because when cell towers are erected they are positioned to face east and west to communicate across the country. A call can be dropped without warning even if you have full bars of signal.

Purchase a powered amplifier to boost your signal to the maximum allowed by the FCC.

That dude doesn't know his head from his ass.

Mel
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 10:49 PM
sooo....the title of this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the infomation contained therein?

TommyTheKid
Tue Nov 28th, 2006, 10:56 PM
I rode home from Colorado Springs from about 3:15-5pm and I must say that its not the best riding conditions outside... I was getting home just as it was starting to stick, but remember the cagers are fucking insanely stupid.

~tommy

ghostrider_9
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I almost rode today, but I thought my flip flops might not fair well in the snow . . .

DevilsTonic
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:06 AM
:wtf: Uh, Bassil? Did you forget to take your meds this morning? :D :slap:

Some might say it's dangerous to ride (in the snow even) while talking on a cell phone. :dunno:

konichd
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:15 AM
So we ridin' out of the Conoco or what? :lol:

Dub
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:16 AM
I think I'm dumber having read you post. I thought you went away

DevilsTonic
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:18 AM
So we ridin' out of the Conoco or what? :lol:I thought the cool people met at the Shell station?

Mel
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I think I'm dumber having read you post. I thought you went away

:lol: You can still hope, right?

Bassil Duwaik
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM
So we ridin' out of the Conoco or what? :lol:

bored bored bored and bored. Can't study all day long so how about that ride today, even I need a break? yeahhh don't we all wish. Skiing is kool but it eats your day away just to really get the full breath of it. Nothing can compare to a bike

BenDover
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Ralph, please use this button...
http://www.slackercentral.com/images/ban.jpg

:lol:

Brian428
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 01:25 PM
My phone hasn't dropped off since I'm on the GSM network:) Actually it does suck not being able to ride, especially since I got off work today. At least I got four staraight days of riding last weekend ending with a visit to the track on Sunday. You could say I'm addicted, at least my new rear tire is scrubbed in properly...
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h267/sycofox/tirewear.jpg

~Barn~
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 02:08 PM
:spit:

I don't know why, but this one actually makes me laugh. I'll give you one thing Duwaik... You have your finger firmly placed on the pulse of how to drive some of these folks nuts. I almost wanna say "congrats". :lol:

Anyway, my cell phone coverage is tip-top and I'd love to ride with you today. It's been a outstanding day already, so what the hell... Let's keep the ball rolling.

:cheers:

InlineSIX24
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure which subject to go with here but... my company is dropping Nextel... whoohoo
:bananna:

sprtbkbabe
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 08:44 PM
1-Duwaik is a pseudonym for someone on the board with absolutely all the time in the world.

2-.000004 from being listed on one of those routine e-mails that go around about "This Year's Darwin Award Winners"

3-Or he's just a douche.

Since a few people say that they have actually met you, then I'm going with option #3, a douche. Wait! #2 AND #3!

dapper
Wed Nov 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM
:shock:
What would Abe Lincoln say? This my observation...

Brian428
Thu Nov 30th, 2006, 06:52 PM
:spit:

I don't know why, but this one actually makes me laugh. I'll give you one thing Duwaik... You have your finger firmly placed on the pulse of how to drive some of these folks nuts. I almost wanna say "congrats". :lol:

Anyway, my cell phone coverage is tip-top and I'd love to ride with you today. It's been a outstanding day already, so what the hell... Let's keep the ball rolling.

:cheers:

+1