PDA

View Full Version : Summer Road trip

schnorbitz
Sun Dec 10th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Looking for some help. As a newbie to the US my family and I are keen to explore. So we thought that next year we'd have a summer road trip - final destination California. Figured on the way we'd go to the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam and Vegas. All other recommendations appreciated along with a nice beach destination in CA. Thanks in advance! :)

PsychoMike
Sun Dec 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
norther or souther cali? I lived there so i can give you good spots to go and eat.

schnorbitz
Sun Dec 10th, 2006, 08:06 PM
norther or souther cali? I lived there so i can give you good spots to go and eat.

At this stage - no idea. Open to any suggestions. Wife likes the sea/warm weather so that's about the only criteria.

PsychoMike
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 08:46 AM
southern california is going to have warmer beaches but i think northern has nicer beaches

denverbusa
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Now we'll see how good you are and if you can schedule it around Moto GP time :up:

The Bay area is beautiful that time of year :yes:

~Barn~
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Denverbusa beat me to it. Start your roadie about a week and 1/2 before the race, and work your way though all those destinations you were talking about, and land in Monterey just before race weekend.

I've done my share of road trips to various parts of CA (mostly SoCal) and there is a ton to see on the way there. If you think you'll like it, and wanna see it, hit-it-up, cause you probably will. :up:

schnorbitz
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Hmmmm, the Moto GP sounds good. I went to the GP in Great Britain in 2004 - where it rained solidly for 6 hours. Rossi was an absolute God that day. He rode like the track was dry and finished a day in front of everyone else. Mrs Schnorbitz may ahve something to say about attending the GP. Not too sure if the timing will work as I will be on my Euro tour around that time in July.

schnorbitz
Mon Dec 11th, 2006, 09:53 AM
southern california is going to have warmer beaches but i think northern has nicer beaches

OK, let's narrow it down. SoCal will get the vote if it's warmer - that'll keep the wife happy! :)

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 10:46 PM
^ you know T-man from the messagenet right? He was gonna plan out a trip to the Gp for when he gets back from the sandbox. Shoot him a pm over there.

PsychoMike
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 10:37 AM
downtown santa barbara is a really nice place. good shopping food and a nice beach at the end.