PDA

View Full Version : Tri-City Cycles

Fly boy
Tue Dec 12th, 2006, 07:38 PM
anyone shop here before or work there? I am looking at getting a used cruiser by March 2007 and they seem to have the best prices and a helluva lot of used bikes.

Anyone.....Anyone.....Anyone...

krod
Tue Dec 12th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I have bought 3 dirt bikes, quad, 2 sportbikes, jet ski, and a supermoto bike from them. Great bunch of people. No bullshit sales tactics. Tell Scott I said hi.

The GECCO
Wed Dec 13th, 2006, 07:10 AM
They're an awesome bunch of guys and big supporters of the MRA. Brady Welton is the owner. If you don't already have a salesperson there you can ask for Mark Hubbard - a personal friend of mine, former racer and all around good guy.

Good luck with your purchase!

Fly boy
Wed Dec 13th, 2006, 12:13 PM
ok, I am going to register in WY so I wont be paying CO taxes... will they work a price out for that?

vdubguy2k
Wed Dec 13th, 2006, 02:48 PM
I bought my RC51 at Tri-city. They were real cool and helpful as well.....even let me take the bike home with just writing them a check that they had to hold for two weeks so I could transfer funds from an investment account. I would recommend them, as long as the price is right!

Mecha Hayai
Thu Dec 14th, 2006, 01:18 AM
I bought one bike from them 11 years ago. Not a bad place for used bikes. Deals aren't as good as they used to be though.

Punkin
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Flyboy...don't buy from someone else without at least stopping by to look at our inventory! I'll tell your mom! :)

--Scott

Lucky
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Guess I wasn't so lucky to have a good experience with them. Tried to sell me a bike for about $3k over what it was worth, and I've never been back since.

However, Moto Adventures in Ft Collins (on the frontage road of I-25 just North of Mulberry) gave me a good deal on a bike. I would stop by there. They sell mainly Kawasaki I believe. They do not have a huge inventory but will look around for you and give you a good deal.

Lucky
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Oh, Moto Adventures will also let you test ride the bikes.

irdave
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 09:38 AM
One other thing about Motoadventure (I'm a little biased as I really like the owner)- they don't ever charge "fees", that is, "dealer prep" fee, or "title" fees, or any other crap like that. The price is the price and tax, that's it. And I know they're sitting on a fair amount of sport bikes from last year, as well as a new ZX-10 and a new ZX-14...

Fly boy
Sun Dec 31st, 2006, 11:21 AM
Thanks for all the help, I ended up finding the Gem on Craigslist for a GREAT deal that I couldn't pass up.

Now on to the expensive part.... aftermarket parts :)