PDA

View Full Version : One piece leather fitting

Pork Chop
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Ok Im trying to get an Alpine Star 1 piece, and got a question.This is the first one piece for me, had 2 seperate 2 piece suits before.How tight should they be when in the standing position, and how far should my arms be able to move above my head? I tried the set we got in and I had a major mail camel toe goin on with out moving, so I assume that pair was to short thur the midsection right? Everywhere else felt pretty good.Also fit good when crouched but nuthing could go on underneith. Any thoughts or pointers appreciated.

Pork Chop

Lurch
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Are yiou racing in these or cruising the streets??

Lurch

KooLaid
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Mille Ryan don't "Cruise" the streets in full leather, if cruise at all. Canyon carver/track day guy. Right Ryan?

I'd be surprised if a one piece A* would fit ya though ryan. Some people say that A* are "euro" cut for those twiggy little european guys, you know, tapered down at the waist or slim fitting. I'd like leathers that would actually fit my legs!

Pork Chop
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Well ya I am not much of a cruiser. I ride the canyons, and tend to put on a ton of miles in them. The occaisonal track may pop in there a few times.

The Star suit fit well except fot the shortness in the midsection.I have a size bigger coming to try on, so I gues Ill see. If not Im gonna just get the 2 piece from the same style.
And no Im not a racer nor do I aspire to be one.Im too fat and slow, and dont have the money too do that with 2 bikes.

Lurch
Tue Mar 30th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Ryan,

I go 6'7" and 260 and seem to get around the track just fine.

Doug Lyle
MRA #91

P.S. I wouldn't get a one piece suit that is to tight for the street you and the little guys down stairs will hate it. You don't want to try and stretch out a suit it's a real pain in the ass.

RSVR4aCowboy
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 06:09 AM
P.S. I wouldn't get a one piece suit that is to tight for the street you and the little guys down stairs will hate it. You don't want to try and stretch out a suit it's a real pain in the ass.

:imwithstupid: :lol: :lol:

Rick T.
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 07:03 AM
I would say, if anything - get it with enough room to move comfortably on your bike. Also, the extra room allows you to fit a back protector and maybe layer if the weather is a bit cool. An added benefit is that it allows you to gain a bit of weight without having to but another suit! I know I should have gotten a size larger... :roll:

BenDover
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 08:45 AM
If you aren't racing, don't bother with the 1-piece. Just get the two piece.:up:

scot
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 11:53 AM
Ryan,

I go 6'7" and 260 and seem to get around the track just fine.

Doug Lyle
MRA #91

I wear a 1 piece all the time, I don't even own a 2 piece. It works fine for me..

Dysco
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 12:00 PM
I wear a 1 piece all the time, I don't even own a 2 piece. It works fine for me..

But you are probably normal-sized. Ryan is not. :no: The 2 pieces are sometimes more forgiving.

Hoopty
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 12:22 PM

It's only uncomfortable for guys with big balls, dude. :P :lol:

Dysco
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 12:30 PM
:pointlaugh:

Pork Chop
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 05:15 PM
LOL, Dam Dysco Im not normal size? :| Im sad now :cry: Naw Im just supersized is all. Hell Lurch you are a big dam dude, thought I was pretty big , I make every bike I ride look small, should see me on a 600 :twisted: poor little things.

Thanks for all the input though.Will see what happens.I just dont like 2 piece because if your fat(which I am) the joining of the 2 sections is always loose, and the leather bunches up on front, and makes it even worse. Guess Ill see how the next one fits, hell dont cost me nuthing to order tyr on and send back.

dgoldan
Wed Mar 31st, 2004, 09:58 PM
I picked up a one piece last year. Looked kinda foolish in the shop, but I tried it on and asked to sit on one of the bikes in the showroom. It was had to get a feel for the fit unless in a riding position. And I've had the same problem with fitting legs. I'm 5'10 and 205.

Doesn't really matter how it fits standing up does it? How it fits in a riding position should be what you're looking for.

BTW, I ended up with a Gericke Tribal 1 piece from Rusty at www.motorcyclecloseouts.com for $385. It's been great with the exception of needing some vents for hot days.

Just my $.01

Pork Chop
Fri Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:41 PM
Gonna try again, last one got crapped up :roll: Well picked up the 64 Alpine Star TZ-1 today, thanks to the advice from many about actually sitting on the bike and not standing. On the bike its freaking great , a set that actually fits for once :D . Now I have a 2 piece Joe Rocket suit, yellow,black,and white for sale if anyone interested. Gonna go up on E-bay soon if no one wants it cheap.Sold the other one to Dysco.

dgoldan
Fri Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:42 PM
Size? Pictures? Price?

Now I have a 2 piece Joe Rocket suit, yellow,black,and white for sale if anyone interested. Gonna go up on E-bay soon if no one wants it cheap.Sold the other one to Dysco.

Pork Chop
Fri Apr 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Dohhhh, my bad first time I put in the size. Size is a 54 US, prise about $330, pics here are a few. Only thing wrong as I recall is the zipper that holds the 2 together is ripped on the strech fabric, I dont so to go so I didnt try and fix it yet.

Woops pics later tonight, lol, I dont have time to resize them right now.