PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE on my 04 R1.5?

beavisr1
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM
So today I got back my 04R1 from a run we had months ago and I hurt the motor from squeasing the NOS for over a minuite.

I first of all would like to thank Bart and the folks at TK motorsports www.tk-motorsports.com (http://www.tk-motorsports.com) for all their help and patience with me.

The result was a 2mm overbore forged pistions. They also installed my H.I.D. headlamps thatI got in the mail the day after my ummmmm mishap.

Also the result was a serious increase in power and torque. I have been riding all summer my wifes 03 CBR600rr. And NOW this monster. This thing is so freaking fast and torquey I am scared of it for the moment. All I can say is this thing is a monster now! PEROID!

Before I couldnt bring it up in 1st gear w/o clutching it and now all I have to do it just hit the thorttle hard and BOOM front tire in the air.

The funny thing is that on my way home I was in the roundabouts that I ALWAYS ride hard and drag the knee and I was comming around to do it again I saw this state trooper and I was being easy and I saw him coming and he hit his lights and pointed at me? So I pulled over and he came up to me while I was taking of my Shoei and he said 30! 30 is the speed limit in these round abouts and he said that he didnt clock me but knew that if I was leaned over that far and whipping through the curves that I was not doing 30 mph. LOL and then he told me nice bike! hahahhahah So I told him that my bike was in the shop all summer and I just got it back and was just excited! So he took my licence and came back to me and looked at me smiling and I smiled and just said I will slow it down! HAhahahahh

So I have my baby back and am glad and scared and am ready to ride it again and again and again and get use to the power.

Enjoy the pics!:shocked:

beavisr1
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 06:13 PM
as soon as I start it up I notice that the exhaust note has a much deeper sound and the motor is much louder(racket) but they say its ok it will always be louder due to the pistions they installed. unfortunetly the motor sounds like a broke in gsxr so it is that kind of noise.

Bassil Duwaik
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM
not to be ragging on your shit for congratulations on getting it back but atleast take some pictures of the set up and not the head lights

N1KSS1KS1x
Fri Dec 15th, 2006, 10:21 PM
congrats and +1 on some pics You better have got some of tear down and assembly and new parts. Who bored and honed the block and how much clearance does the forged piston need and what brand are they. Plus did you lower the compression with more dish or anything?
Plus your bike must of been running like shit before cause I can get the front up with no clutch on my r6 and I dont even know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to wheelie fun.
WE need details bro DETAILS. Is that dyno run on the bottle ??? I've heard folks say 150 is stock? Oh how much did services cost on this build?
Thanks man bet you cant wait for summer. You gonna do any track days until then? If ya do shoot me a Pm I wanna see that beast :yumyum:

Bartman
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 09:23 AM
congrats and +1 on some pics You better have got some of tear down and assembly and new parts. Who bored and honed the block and how much clearance does the forged piston need and what brand are they. Plus did you lower the compression with more dish or anything?
Plus your bike must of been running like shit before cause I can get the front up with no clutch on my r6 and I dont even know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to wheelie fun.
WE need details bro DETAILS. Is that dyno run on the bottle ??? I've heard folks say 150 is stock? Oh how much did services cost on this build?
Thanks man bet you cant wait for summer. You gonna do any track days until then? If ya do shoot me a Pm I wanna see that beast :yumyum:

Why in the hell would you lower compression:shocked: it is the single best thing you can put in a motor up here. Now if you build a NOS specific motor yea you will lower comp, the only other time you would do that for a turbo but only for big boost.
As for the boring it was done by millenium, the pistons are JE 2mm high comps and run a much looser clearance once it heats up a bit it expands it does get quieter but hey loose it fast.
Bartman

beavisr1
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Bartman was the mechenic on the project and as for some pics I didnt post any because maybe you guys see it too much. But I will post some.

For everything done it was about 1900 with the instal of my H.I.D.'s. Probally would of been a little cheaper but it was my fault I was trying to get it fixed for cheap and I cost me man hours to finally get to where Bart was like you blew it up dude.

As for it running like shit before. It ran like a top but had no grunt at the bottom but OOOOooooo baby it does now.

duc-man
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 01:27 PM
my buddy had his 05 r1 dynoed and his hp was 132 at the rear wheel, he had it done at twin peaks powersports on the free dyno day, also here is some thing interesting yzf1000 R1,04-06w/ all stock bike 3 samples tested~132 to 134 True HP http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

McVaaahhh
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 05:08 PM
So how long before you blow it up again? :D

beavisr1
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 05:14 PM
So how long before you blow it up again? :D

hopefully never. Especially now know not to hold the button for so long and that the forged pistons are made to take it.:yumyum: