PDA

View Full Version : mounting tires

pauliep
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 12:49 PM
anyone have any recommendations? I just picked up a f/r from Performance.

swademaster
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Faster, near 8th and I-25. $10 a tire, off the bike, if you mention you're a CSC member.

Dub
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 02:02 PM
Look up Dean of Kim-n-Dean, he's Aurora and will do it for $10 off the bike also. He's very careful with rims and balances perfectly every time.

You're my hero Dean!:siesta:

pauliep
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I was told he have time to do it later this afternoon. Soon to be my hero too

pauliep
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks Dean, great help. :slappers:

rybo
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 05:43 PM
yup- Dean Rocks!:rock:

Bassil Duwaik
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 07:46 PM
I've never heard anything bad come out of Kim-n-Dean

chriskat1100
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 08:07 PM
I ll let you know what Tomahawk Tires are like just got a set of not COLOR just sport ones but I still have to do my swing arm swap befor I get the rear one on .

Bueller
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 08:11 PM
You couldn't give me one of those.

Dean is wack, yo!

rybo
Sat Dec 16th, 2006, 10:04 PM
I ll let you know what Tomahawk Tires are like just got a set of not COLOR just sport ones but I still have to do my swing arm swap befor I get the rear one on .

Last I heard Tomahaks were all re-treads, not newly manufactured tires. They use the worn carcases of several different brands of tires and the profiles may or may not match. At this point I cannot consider them a serious sport tire.

Scott

eklew
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Garth Dillon does.

pauliep
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 09:24 AM
after yesterday, I don't recommend leaving the tires in car all day when it's chilly out... you're gona struggle little mounting them on the rim and trying to get them to bend.

rybo
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Garth Dillon does.

Well he's faster than me, but my guess is that he'd be faster on Cheng Shins and a honda elite scooter than I would be on the best tire one of the majors made and a fine superbike. Fast guys are fast guys, sometimes it comes down to who will pay you to ride their product. That being said the Tomahawks don't seem to be holding him back any.

S

eklew
Sun Dec 17th, 2006, 11:14 PM
Well he's faster than me, but my guess is that he'd be faster on Cheng Shins and a honda elite scooter than I would be on the best tire one of the majors made and a fine superbike. Fast guys are fast guys, sometimes it comes down to who will pay you to ride their product. That being said the Tomahawks don't seem to be holding him back any.

S

Hahaha, yeah, back in Ca when I was hanging out at AFM races we were all shocked that he was using Tomahawks. At least he doesn't run with the crazy colors. Just uses the regular black ones. I'v always loved his checkered flag helmet scheme.