PDA

View Full Version : Grabd Prix - Lost another customer

Devaclis
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 01:28 PM
We bought Sweetie's GS500 there over a month ago. At that time, we were promised a new windscreen for the bike to replace the messed up one that was on it. 1.5 weeks go by and no phone call so I go into the store. Well, the sales guy forgot to put in the order for the part. Go figure. PROMISED us he would order it and it would be in soon. They will call us. 1.5 weeks later, no call so the wife calls the parts dept there. "Let me see if I can track it for you. Yep, it will be in our store in 2 days". 4 days later we go to pick up the part. Told by handsome Jim behind the counter that they can't find it in the store anywhere and when he looks online it is "back ordered". Told me that the guy my wife had spoken to, who told here it was being tracked and would be in, "Was not in today. Come back tomorrow"

I tell mr. time travel that tomorrow is Sunday. I also tell him "When, I mean IF, the part comes in, you will send it to my house. I am not comming back into your store again" He says ok and takes our info down. Also tells me that he see's my wife and I in there all the time. I told him "Yeah, we used to spend a lot of money here"

Any sales guys, parts guys, service guys from Grand Prix read this board? Hope so. It is a shame that follow up after the sale has ruined a pretty good relationship. Already called the dealer board. Already called the BBB. Just venting now.

Cliff Notes: Grand Prix lived up to the average dealer experience and stopped supporting us after they got our $$

Feathered upstart!
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Grand Prix sucks major ass. Always have, always will.

Sorry bout your troubles bud:drink:

Devaclis
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I noticed that I did not even give them the courtesy of a properly spelled name.

Sully
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 03:27 PM
bummer :(.... Does Sweetie Pie at least like her new ride ? :)

konichd
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM
+1 Grand Prix sucks. Frame slider's took 5+ months to get here when I was promised over and over they "will be here next week" 4 months of that got old.

However Performance cycle has bent over backwards and made an easy 4G's off me. :) Chris and Lance ROCK!

Airreed
Tue Dec 19th, 2006, 03:50 PM
4 Grand...damn I can't wait to get my Xmas present from you.

+1 on Performance!

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Bill here, owner Grand Prix, just a quick statement to members. Been around for 13 years now and love the bike business. Do not expect every customer to like us--and yes we make mistakes and make customers angry and everyone has the right to shop where they feel comfortible. But it gets tough when a customer posts a lie or simply does not understand the situation. This usually comes from miscommunication. We have no and have never intentionally screwed someone over. If anyone feels we have please respond. We do not lie to customers and if I find that a sales associate or any employee has we fire them. As a reply to this post.....Yes we dropped the ball and the sales associate did not get the shield ordered, mistakes happen and we have no excuse, when we found out that it needed to be ordered it was placed. The bike was bought on 11-16 and we ordered the shield on 11-28. WE offered to ship the shield to this customer free of charge---not the other way around as stated. The shield is on backorder and has been on backorder and will be released in a few days. I received an email from this customer saying we are lyers and intentially deceived him etc. etc. You have got to be kidding me.....why would we try to screw someone out of an 18 dollar windshield???? Come on get real. The fact is this customer should have brought this to the sales managers or my attention so we could fix the mistake not call the BBB or Dealer Board about a backordered part. If any of you guys have a problem with us I will take your email or phone call and will be happy to respond and take care of any issues so you will be happy----yeah a lot of you guys hate us whatever. I am here to say we are owner owned and operated and you can bring any issue to me and I will resolve it. My direct line is 303 532 2940. Tony Hayter is the sales GM his direct line is 303 532 2923. Thanks, Bill

konichd
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for posting your concerns Bill. I have been a customer of Grand Prix ever since I've came to the denver area. And yes I have had both good and bad experiences, but like Dana I find some issue's inexcusable.

One, It took 5+ months to get frame sliders in for my ZX-10 (which I bought from you, that was a good experience, see this thread I posted http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5830) Tracy, whom is the ONLY real parts guy I trusted, promised me every weekend, "they will be here next week" then next week comes "they'll be here next week" I damn near had to kick bikes over on the sales floor to get someone to call the manufacturer and figure out what was going on. In the meantime I took my business to Performace and bought the rest of my parts there. Their people care and went the extra mile for me, perhaps thats why I dropped $4,000+ there? :dunno:

You service dept. also did a great job of spilling my oil all over my new bike and making the excuse "contaminated towels didn't allow us to clean it up." BS, you couldn't even rinse it off! Bart down at TK motorsports took a look at it and couldn't believe a dealer would let it leave in this condition. He cleaned it up and installed my new brake lines and suspension for me and took a good look over the bike to ensure nothing was leaking. I've also had THE WRONG OIL added to my bike after specifically requesting synethetic oil. I wouldn't even bring my bike back but I have the "Grand Prix Gold Card" too bad its not "Gold Card" service. :(

Also I was in there about a month ago and inquired about the new 07 ZX6R and asked when I can see one. My ZX-10 is payed off and Kawasaki Credit will be financing my new bike, slam dunk right? Guess what? You've had 2 bikes for over a week and yet my phone hasn't rang? Why? Is my $9,000 and being a repeat customer not good enough for you?

Every dealership has its problems: turnover, etc. but these issue's in my mind are not representational of "Good Dealer." Please correct me if I'm wrong, or PM me to work these issues out.

Devaclis
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Sorry Bill, I was told "untruths" by 2 different employees. I call that lying. Thanks for your rebuttal. I still don't have what was promised to me and that is really the main point.

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM
David,
I am familiar with the issues you experienced and am sorry for the inconviences. I am not on this forum to make any excuses and I can only state the facts as I understand them. First lets address the issue on the sliders. When you ordered them on 4/1/06 no company made them for your bike.....we got you one of the first sets available from cape fear on 8/3/06. As I understand it you were aware that these were not available. Even if there was miscommunication I do not understand how a customer can be upset at a shop over availability of a part. A lot of times when we call the manufacturer they tell us...it will be a week.....and it goes on and on. We can only relay what the manufacturers tell us and we do not make the parts. At the time the sliders were ordered they could not be purchased anywhere. Also to try and appease you we sold these to you for 89.95. Our cost was 90.99 plus shipping. We actually took a loss on this sale to you. They retail for 139.99. So I do not see an issue here.

As far as the service dept., Our techs are required to clean all units after they work on them. I will review who worked on your unit and write them up for poor job performance-which is standard procedure. I understand why the service experience was bad. I will be happy to refund any unused portion of your maintence plan since you are unhappy with service. I can only assume that the service writer missed noting to put synthetic oil in and will also look into who did that by pulling up the original RO. (next week)

I checked our traffic log for your name and Eric helped you out in Nov. Your name is on his hand written list to call when we get a 6r in. I do not know why you think we have a 6r here but we do not. They have not been released to us yet....so again you are upset about something that is incorrect. Who told you we have a 6r in stock?

I hoped this gave you some answers or could help reslove any issues and we do value you as a customer and I would hope that you would give us a chance to earn your business back.

Bill

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 04:08 PM
My parts manager is sitting here with me and the shield showed up this morning - would you like me to hand deliver this too you on my way home.
As far as the guys lying-as stated before they did not intentially lie but they were apparantly lazy and did not provide you with the correct answer to helping you resolve this issue...I hate apoligizing for an employee that does a poor job and there is no excuse for their laziness.
And I will try to find out who miscommunicated the facts to you.
Sincerely,
Bill

swademaster
Wed Dec 20th, 2006, 09:20 PM
I hate apoligizing for an employee that does a poor job and there is no excuse for their laziness.
And I will try to find out who miscommunicated the facts to you.

That's your job. If you don't want to do it, find someone else to be in charge.

konichd
Thu Dec 21st, 2006, 09:23 AM
David,
I am familiar with the issues you experienced and am sorry for the inconviences. I am not on this forum to make any excuses and I can only state the facts as I understand them. First lets address the issue on the sliders. When you ordered them on 4/1/06 no company made them for your bike.....we got you one of the first sets available from cape fear on 8/3/06. As I understand it you were aware that these were not available. Even if there was miscommunication I do not understand how a customer can be upset at a shop over availability of a part. A lot of times when we call the manufacturer they tell us...it will be a week.....and it goes on and on. We can only relay what the manufacturers tell us and we do not make the parts. At the time the sliders were ordered they could not be purchased anywhere. Also to try and appease you we sold these to you for 89.95. Our cost was 90.99 plus shipping. We actually took a loss on this sale to you. They retail for 139.99. So I do not see an issue here.

As far as the service dept., Our techs are required to clean all units after they work on them. I will review who worked on your unit and write them up for poor job performance-which is standard procedure. I understand why the service experience was bad. I will be happy to refund any unused portion of your maintence plan since you are unhappy with service. I can only assume that the service writer missed noting to put synthetic oil in and will also look into who did that by pulling up the original RO. (next week)

I checked our traffic log for your name and Eric helped you out in Nov. Your name is on his hand written list to call when we get a 6r in. I do not know why you think we have a 6r here but we do not. They have not been released to us yet....so again you are upset about something that is incorrect. Who told you we have a 6r in stock?

I hoped this gave you some answers or could help reslove any issues and we do value you as a customer and I would hope that you would give us a chance to earn your business back.

Bill

Thank you for looking into my problem Bill.

First, the sliders were never communicated to me to be on back order or "not available" I order them and I was told the manufacturer had them in stock and I will recieve them in a week to 10 days. I heard this for 4 months, why couldn't a parts person do their job, call the manufacturer instead of having me stop in ever weekend? :dunno: Thankfully Tracy took care of the situation, but I still had my sliders months after promised.

Second, I called your dealership yesterday and asked for a salesman. I clearly asked to see if they had a new 07 Kawi ZX6R in and I was told you recieved 2 black ones last week (monday 4th?)? Perhaps this is wrong, but somehow what your saying and your sales rep said are 2 different answers......

As far as the service. I mainly bought the "Gold Card" because it extends the factory warrenty from 1 yr to 3 yrs. However I've had a number of problems. One, the first time I took it in and recieved my ZX back with oil covering the belly pan. The second service, not only had the wrong oil after I specifically made it clear senthetic only, but for some reason service had the information wrong (had an 05 zx-10r in the computer) and perhaps this caused a problem?

I was also in there the other day to get a new rear dunlop on my rim. I took the rear tire off and brought it in. I called ahead and stated I'd be coming in and if they had time. The service department said if I dropped if off no problem. So I go down and drop my rim off and ask to get a new Qualifer mounted. I was told I needed to go to parts and get a sales rep to get my tire? I'm suprised I didn't have to mount the fuckin' thing.

While I was also down there I inquired about some "tank grip" that racer's use to grap their leg. I was basically offered no help and told the only thing you had was motorcross grip. No one even looked into a catalog for me. However Performace was more than happy to look it up and take 50 bucks to order my "Stomp Grip" and while I was there I also dropped another 300 on a pitbull stand, etc.... A sale you easily lost due to a poor job by your parts staff. Tracy and 1 other guy(sorry I do not know his name off hand) are the only ones I trust and even that relationship is strained.

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:10 AM
As far as the thats your job comment-I have no idea what you are talking about....It is not my job to apoligize for an employees actions. It is my job to make sure that the employee does his/her job correctly in the first place. And if that employee does not-I need to see why and if it is a training issue or if it is a lazy or unwilling employee. Then it is my job to see if there is a way to correct the problem for the customer..If it is the lazy or unwilling then I decide to write him/her up or terminate their employment. Dealerships get blaimed for anything wrong but in reality it is the employees issues. Do you think we sit around in training and meetings telling our guys how to screw customers?
Bill

King Nothing
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:15 AM
I've noticed that when it comes to buying things like sliders it is easier to just get them on the 'net. Why waste your time going to the store to order them and then come back when they come in, IF they order them, IF the distributor has them in stock, IF they actually remember to call you.

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:27 AM
David,
Again-if you want to do business elsewhere that is your choice. We could never keep every customer happy. But I know a few facts. Currently we service over 10,000 customers and are one of the largest dealerships in sales and service for the manufacturers we represent. Our employees are trained in customer service and I am here to take care of any issues. I can not fix things through email statements or replies. I understand that a customers perception is reality...the comment about having to go to parts to get your tire...think about this for a minute. The tire is stocked in parts not service, the customer needs to go to the parts dept. so we can be assured that you are getting the correct tire that you want.. Do you think it is the service writers job to pick out your tire? They can get it installed but they can not know which tire you need. Thats why we have a parts dept. You keep referring to Tracy--whom is now an assistant manager, My advice to everyone is if you find an employee at a shop that you are comfortible dealing with then deal with him/her.
I can not help with issues that have occured in service....those issues need to be brought to a managers or owners attention when they happen. If you have an issue in parts then let Chris or Tracy know so we can fix them. You do not have to do business with us but at least let someone in charge know that there is a problem or there is no way we can fix the problem. I actually appreciate these comments-again without knowing-we can not fix the problem. We hate to lose you as a customer but it will help us better ourselves by reviewing your comments with the parts, sales and service depts.
There are no 07 6rs available from Kawasaki as far as we know.
Again my offer stands to terminate your service contract so you are not tied to us.
Thank you,
Bill

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:34 AM
I might agree with that comment-but I would think that you guys would need the stores in business so they can service your needs. Do you think that there should be no motorcycle dealerships?
Bill

King Nothing
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
sure, getting a filter or something like that, the store is a handy place to go. Perhaps it is just my history of not buying squid bikes that makes it more difficult for me to get things like sliders or windscreens.

~Barn~
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:38 AM
Worst.
Owner.
Ever.

Too many: "I can not help." "It's not my job." "I hate apologizing" 'esq comments.

It's like we're dealing with a graduate from the Krusty The Clown School Of Business.

http://www.itsbarn.com/images/data/media/5/Krusty.jpg

King Nothing
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Worst.
Business Owner.
Ever.

Too many: "I can not help." "It's not my job." "I hate apologizing" 'esq comments.

It's like we're dealing with a graduate from the Krusty The Clown School Of Business.
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/scully2/images/kru2.gif:spit:

mra828
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Worst.
Owner.
Ever.

http://www.itsbarn.com/images/data/media/5/Krusty.jpg

No doubt - I was thinking the same thing

I love how he a) Calls customers liars b) calls employees lazy c) nitpicks the customer's experience to discredit (??) the customer's claim d) blames "dealership issues" on *his* employees!?! e) cites "writing up" and "firing" employees as the main levers he uses to manage his team...

That place must be a horror show for the employees - worse than for the customer.

Terrible. Unfortunately owners don't usually have to show a resume to get the job, and even terrible owner/managers can survive in a growth market.

Devaclis
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Did not want this to turn into a thread bashing the owner. This was about a buying experience at the shop. Bill had nothing to do with the problems I had there. Please limit your comments to my origional post and refrain from personally bashing Bill.

Dana

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,
It is hard to reply so the correct message gets across. I am not putting blaim on anyone and I accept full responsibility for my employess actions. I am trying to reach out to you guys so we can do a better job for you.
It is as simple as that.
Bill

~Barn~
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
Did not want this to turn into a thread bashing the owner. This was about a buying experience at the shop. Bill had nothing to do with the problems I had there. Please limit your comments to my origional post and refrain from personally bashing Bill.

Dana

At the start of this I didn't intend to bash Bill either. Heck... I've purchased a bike from Grand Prix.. But in business, the actions and philosophies that eventually end at the customer, tend to just trickle-down from the philosophy at the top. Now that I know where "the top" is, I can't say I'm terribly surprised by your experience Dana. :dunno:

I've seen people express displeasure with plenty of shops on here. Even our beloved TK has taken some heat on the off-&-on. Now I don't know if Brian is the owner, but as the person who has always responded to the criticism, he has never replied with anything class, complete and unconditional accountability, and a willingness to do whatever he can, to make things right. Nothing that alludes to how big they are, how many satisfied customers they serve, nor any other "pat ourselves on the back" proclaimations. When a business owner is so inclined to state (not to mention RE-STATE): "Again my offer stands to terminate your service contract so you are not tied to us."

Well.... That about speaks for itself.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:20 AM
Pilot buys his bikes from GPMS ----- that should be enough for King Cupcake :D

King Nothing
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:44 AM
My Zed originally came from Grand Prix. :oops:

Nick_Ninja
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
So take it back and get your $$ from those yo-yo's

King Nothing
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
I bought it from the original owner.

swademaster
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
As far as the thats your job comment-I have no idea what you are talking about....It is not my job to apoligize for an employees actions. It is my job to make sure that the employee does his/her job correctly in the first place. And if that employee does not-I need to see why and if it is a training issue or if it is a lazy or unwilling employee. Then it is my job to see if there is a way to correct the problem for the customer..If it is the lazy or unwilling then I decide to write him/her up or terminate their employment. Dealerships get blaimed for anything wrong but in reality it is the employees issues. Do you think we sit around in training and meetings telling our guys how to screw customers?
Bill

Hey guys,
It is hard to reply so the correct message gets across. I am not putting blaim on anyone and I accept full responsibility for my employess actions. I am trying to reach out to you guys so we can do a better job for you.
It is as simple as that.
Bill

So which way is it? You are the owner. You are in charge. You make the final decision.

I guess when it comes down to the end, you are responsible for your employees and the entire business.

I know it is hard to keep all customers happy, but whatever happened to customer service and "the customer is always right". I guess that your store does not have that motto.

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:36 PM
I am not sure why I can not get the correct message across to you. I suppose that no matter what I write-it is going to be taken in a way that makes me look bad. I thought the last statement about me accepting full responsibility for the employees actions would be understood and that you would understand that we are here to try and do the right thing. All of my employess love motorcycles and also enjoy working here very much. Customer satisfaction as always a topic of concern and I assure you that they all try their best. If you read all the threads you would see that I consistantly say I am here to help resolve any issues and that we want to earn your business. I offered to refund a service contract, yet you hammer me for offering to give an unhappy customer his money back. It is the only resolution I can offer that could make the customer happy so he can use the money to have his bike serviced where he wants---If you read the complete thread I also stated that we would like to keep his business and that I appreciate being able to try and do that. As far as stating the number of customers that we serve-I was trying to make a point of the size of this operation. I am trying to do the right thing by responding and getting a solution to any issues raised. I suppose those nuclear reactors must have affected my brain while I was attending Krusty the Clowns College.

Nick_Ninja
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:44 PM
GPO --- The Bizzzness ----- I believe that's what you're getting from these yo-yo's. I believe that you are attempting to mend broken fences. Some people here just aren't able to give it up and move on. I suppose that I'd give you a shot --- if I didn't live so damed far away. BTW -- I'm lookin for a screamin deal on a ZX-14 Concourse :D

Bueller
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:53 PM
Grand Prix is not my favorite dealer, due mainly to limited parts (small stuff) availability, when I need a washer or clip I don't want to hear we can order that for you. But gee wiz this guy is reaching out about as far as he can, he is trying to solve the individuals problems that they have presented, not make a perfect dealership overnight. I have issues with every dealer I have ever gone to, they all make mistakes, just like every other business, the real problem lies with the ones that won't correct them. Bill seems willing to try anyway.

dapper
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 03:59 PM
I know it is hard to keep all customers happy, but whatever happened to customer service and "the customer is always right". I guess that your store does not have that motto.
Are you kidding me?

Was the customer who spilled the coffee in her lap, years ago, right to sew McDonald's? She spilled the coffee on herself, to make some quick money. Later, overturned because of swindling actions!:music:

Ladies and gentlemen, mistakes happen, we are all human!
Learning from one's mistakes, taking corrective action and following through is what will become the bottom line.

Bill is making a total commitment to serve the customers and needs our communication. Constructive feedback is what will help, not provoking arguments and personally bashing someone. Yes, some new issues were brought to the surface. At the same time, Bill is showing his actions through this forum by hearing, reading, writing to us. Obviously Bill is the decision-maker that is looking for a solution to win the folks by getting involved. THIS thread, hopefully became the learning experience of the realization toward the need to change course of customer service. Sounds as if going back to basics at least once every year on the techniques and strategies of customer service would benefit everyone. This is what I have made a commitment on too.

Mr. Trump gave Miss USA a second chance! I feel it is only fair to allow someone a second chance to earn your business, (pending how badly they screwed you over) and let the past go. We can't change the past, we are in the present and the future is unknown.

"Blessed are the flexible for they shall not break!"

PS: Bill, if I were you, I would edit 'your' previous posts by removing any negative items, it will be for the best. Let's look at the facts, you will either do it or you won't, there is no -trying- about it. Yes, there is quite the militant attitude with many people on this topic. Emotions flow with money and nobody here volunteers to be the victim. I completely appreciate the attention you have given, addressing these issues regarding your business. Hope your Christmas goes beautifully and happier than ever before!

rforsythe
Fri Dec 22nd, 2006, 09:02 PM
PS: Bill, if I were you, I would edit 'your' previous posts by removing any negative items, it will be for the best. Let's look at the facts, you will either do it or you won't, there is no -trying- about it. Yes, there is quite the militant attitude with many people on this topic. Emotions flow with money and nobody here volunteers to be the victim. I completely appreciate the attention you have given, addressing these issues regarding your business. Hope your Christmas goes beautifully and happier than ever before!

Why? He spoke his mind, there is nothing wrong with that. Whether you like what he has to say or not, at least he's up front about his position on things.

Gramps
Sat Dec 23rd, 2006, 07:46 AM
Also tells me that he see's my wife and I in there all the time. I told him "Yeah, we used to spend a lot of money here"

Any sales guys, parts guys, service guys from Grand Prix read this board? Hope so. It is a shame that follow up after the sale has ruined a pretty good relationship.

I have one question, Did you try to resolve the problem with the owner/manager before you posted all this on an open forum?

I know the argument that you shouldn't have to, and I don't disagree. I just think from your statements,"good relationship", you should have tried a little harder to resolve the dispute in house. You would have also probably gotten better results and still had your good relationship.

I look at it this way.

Any relationship is a two way street. It takes work from both sides. :dunno:

Devaclis
Sat Dec 23rd, 2006, 08:40 AM
Tried on separate occasions. Resolution needs to be assisted by both parties. I was willing to wait a little longer. I was willing to go back multiple times. I did not get any indication from them that they were willing to do anything.

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Sat Dec 23rd, 2006, 10:32 AM
Unfortunatly I knew nothing or did my sales manager about this. The parts manager was aware but explained that he told the customer that the shield was on backorder, he was under the perception that everything was o.k. (obiviously not) We did drop the ball here, however the last post about getting to a manager or owner is why I started responding to this thread. That goes for any motorcycle shop that you guys wish to do business with. We are here to help, not take advantage of customers. I found out about the problem after this customer reported us to the BBB, Dealer Board and first post. This could have been a very simple issue to handle. However I will say that my employees are reading all and we had a meeting last night about these issues raised, customer perception and satisfaction and I think that we do need to do a better job. By the way, the shield was delivered to our shop on Wednesday by UPS(Blizzard Day) and I hand delivered it to the customer at 5:30pm and explained that we were truly sorry for the screw up and that the sales person did not intentionally lie to them.

Bertha
Sat Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
Grand Prix is not my favorite dealer, due mainly to limited parts (small stuff) availability, when I need a washer or clip I don't want to hear we can order that for you. But gee wiz this guy is reaching out about as far as he can, he is trying to solve the individuals problems that they have presented, not make a perfect dealership overnight. I have issues with every dealer I have ever gone to, they all make mistakes, just like every other business, the real problem lies with the ones that won't correct them. Bill seems willing to try anyway.

/agree...

I'm not a huge fan of GP, BUT to see that Bill has come onto the boards and TRY to fix the problem... :up:

King... You're an asshole and mom should have swallowed you when she had the chance...

The GECCO
Sat Dec 23rd, 2006, 05:45 PM
:imwithstupid:
I've never shopped at GP, but NO shop is perfect and at least Bill is here trying to make it right.

hcr25
Sun Dec 24th, 2006, 08:31 PM
/agree...

King... You're an asshole and mom should have swallowed you when she had the chance...

Thats some funny shit....

reddeth
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Alright, first of all, I'm going to say that I like Grand Prix, they are close by and when compared to Fay Myers at the very least the guys at Grand Prix arent a bunch of total assholes cause I'm only 18, so kudos to them for hiring guys that work well with customers.

I am not on this forum to make any excuses and I can only state the facts as I understand them.

But it gets tough when a customer posts a lie or simply does not understand the situation. This usually comes from miscommunication.
I'm sorry, saying a customer is lying is an excuse. Miscommunication or not there was an error performed, instead of looking to place blame, try to fix the situation.

Even if there was miscommunication I do not understand how a customer can be upset at a shop over availability of a part
Now, I want any of the posters to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems from reading this topic, that availability of the part was NEVER the issue. Rather, the issue comes from the fact that despite the parts being unavailable the customer was told, 1-2 weeks delivery time. Granted, you say that availability of the parts was communicated differently and thats an issue to be resolved yes, but instead of sitting there saying "Oh, its not MY fault because the customer was told differently" you need to just say "Theres been a mistake by someone, how do we fix it?" (and yes, I think you are doing a standup job of making an effort to fix the situation).

As far as the guys lying-as stated before they did not intentially lie but they were apparantly lazy and did not provide you with the correct answer to helping you resolve this issue...I hate apoligizing for an employee that does a poor job and there is no excuse for their laziness.

I am not on this forum to make any excuses and I can only state the facts as I understand them.

It is not my job to apoligize for an employees actions.
I'm sorry, as the owner of a business establishment, it IS your job to apologize for an employee making a mistake. Thats why we have managers, you are 'crowd control'. You represent your business and as such its employees, at least if I was in your shoes I'd be appologizing because a wrongdoing on your employees part represents you poorly (as you have seen)

Look, I'm not trying to tell you how to run your business, I'm an 18 year old kid and my 'experience' in sales ammounts to a paintball shop I worked at for a year. But I'm just saying, stop appologizing and just fix it, finding fault is not as important as making a customer happy (And dont give me that 'the customer is always right' BS, its a load of Americanized bullshit that takes any power away from the business owner to stand up to bully customers that push them around, not that anyone in this topic is doing that, I'm just saying)

R1chie
Mon Dec 25th, 2006, 11:45 AM
I found out about the problem after this customer reported us to the BBB, Dealer Board and first post. This could have been a very simple issue to handle.... Do you think we sit around in training and meetings telling our guys how to screw customers?

If you are saying that you would of handled this issue differently had you known about it, the communication problem is in your store. Why would a salesperson, counter person, or manager not have told you about an irate customer who did not get what he was suppose to in a timely manner?

I live in Colorado Springs, I called your store in 04 when I went to purchase my sports bike (looking at the zx10 and R1) your salesperson was indifferent and had a did not care attitude. When I called to purchase my 04 yz450 your salesperson was rude. When I called about buying my 06 yz450 I was quoted full retail price, I mentioned it was the end of the season and that other places in Denver were discounting the price, I was told, go buy it there then.. and I did, I drove all the way to Coyote on the north side of Denver. I called your store first because it is the closest to where I live(I assume you own the county line road store). Because of the way I have been treated on the phone, I have not stepped into your store. You may not care that you lost sales for 3 bikes over the last 2 years due to poor communication skills of your sales people over the phone but you may want to consider the problem is on your end.

I am not going to burn my bridges with your store, someday I may call and you have the right bike for the right price but after reading the issues people have had here and your response I feel wary. The fact that you resolved the issue with Devaclis is good, the fact that he had to go to the BBB to do it is not good. You should treat special orders with the highest of priority. It appears from the 2 posters, your people dropped the ball big time. I have seen this at other shops as well, to the point if they don't have it in stock, I order it over the internet where I can get a tracking number and monitor it myself. I believe it is lazy parts people that cause this in not just your business but other bike shops that force people to shop at superstores that have all the accessories in stock or to go online where you have control of your credit card and the tracking number.

Indifference to customer orders and indifference on the phone give your business a black eye (I have seen this in other stores as well so don't think I am singling your bike shop out) and cause people to go elsewhere. This is my experience. You may think differently but if sales are not so good, then you have the knowledge to fix it, if sales are good, then you know they could be a lot better if you fix attitude problems and what appears to be a lack of consideration to people who order parts from you. You cannot please everyone but if you continue to let down your customers who have purchased bikes from you that later trust you to order parts and you fail them, they will not be back to buy bikes or parts an you will have to depend on the ignorant to purchase from your store.

I worked in car sales when I was younger and yes they sat around in meeting talking how they could get full boat for cars and methods of how to rip the lips off of customers. I know this happens at some dealerships and though I am not saying they your business is run in this way, I do know it happens.

It is your job to apologize for the misconduct or mistakes of your employees.

konichd
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM
David,
Again-if you want to do business elsewhere that is your choice. We could never keep every customer happy. But I know a few facts. Currently we service over 10,000 customers and are one of the largest dealerships in sales and service for the manufacturers we represent. Our employees are trained in customer service and I am here to take care of any issues. I can not fix things through email statements or replies. I understand that a customers perception is reality...the comment about having to go to parts to get your tire...think about this for a minute. The tire is stocked in parts not service, the customer needs to go to the parts dept. so we can be assured that you are getting the correct tire that you want.. Do you think it is the service writers job to pick out your tire? They can get it installed but they can not know which tire you need. Thats why we have a parts dept. You keep referring to Tracy--whom is now an assistant manager, My advice to everyone is if you find an employee at a shop that you are comfortible dealing with then deal with him/her.
I can not help with issues that have occured in service....those issues need to be brought to a managers or owners attention when they happen. If you have an issue in parts then let Chris or Tracy know so we can fix them. You do not have to do business with us but at least let someone in charge know that there is a problem or there is no way we can fix the problem. I actually appreciate these comments-again without knowing-we can not fix the problem. We hate to lose you as a customer but it will help us better ourselves by reviewing your comments with the parts, sales and service depts.
There are no 07 6rs available from Kawasaki as far as we know.
Again my offer stands to terminate your service contract so you are not tied to us.
Thank you,
Bill

If I call ahead and specify the tire I expect both the parts and service department to work together. The tire was exactly the same as the one that was took off, since you combine the tickets anyway I don't see what the deal is for service to contact parts and have them get the tire? :dunno:

I'm glad to hear Tracy was promoted, he is the best guy there and is a model for other people to follow. If you had more guys like Tracy that cared for the customer and were eargerly willing to help, you'd be much better off. I can't say enough good things about Tracy and I hope the rest of your support team will follow from his example. Tracy was always glad to help me and look in a catalog for my needs, other staff seem like your twisting thier arm or are some kind of nuscence

Would I purchase another bike from Grand Prix? Yes I would. Now would I spring for the service plan? More than likely not. I've had a problem everytime I've came in for service or warrenty work and quite frankly I don't have the time to wait around for mistakes to get corrected.

Since your so eager to re-imburse me for my service contract, I will take you up on that offer and will stop in this saturday to resolve that issue. Hopefully you will take my criticism as constructive and make the necessary changes to your business so that it can prosper. I've just had about all I can take from a customer standpoint Bill.

Kim-n-Dean
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 10:30 AM
I worked in car sales when I was younger and yes they sat around in meeting talking how they could get full boat for cars and methods of how to rip the lips off of customers. I know this happens at some dealerships and though I am not saying they your business is run in this way, I do know it happens.
While I've never actually worked in sales, I've seen this philosophy taught at many places I've worked. It's very, very common and always denied!!

Why do so many counter/parts people act like they're doing you a favor by taking your money?!?! Even the people at NAPA have HUGE attitudes. Havana Machine Shop is the same way. They all act like they're doing me a favor by taking my money and giving me shitty service. Most gun shops appear to be the same way. I told Kim this when we went shopping one day. After visiting six gun stores, she was convinced. Only one store, Dave's Guns, was full of really cool peeps.

GRANDPRIXOWNER
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I understand- a few comments though---the comment about calling customers lyers---sorry but customers do embellish, whether you call that lying, stretching the truth---whatever. And it is also seen the other way around just as Devaclis saw the situation. There always seems to be two sides to every story when there is an issue and somehow we have to find the truth in between. I have fully accepted responsibility for my employees. The comment about its not my job to apologize is being read incorrectly. I apologize for actions as needed, what I should have written is --my employees are expected to do a better job than they did---I do not like apologizing for them as they are men/women and should stand up and apologize to the customer themselves-not hid behind a manager. I NEVER stated "OH its not my fault because the customer was told differently". I came on the board trying to help resolve an issue for Devaclis and also to own up to the fact we fooocked up. I did try to explain why sometimes things get mis-communicated--thats all. Our fault for mis-communication?--ALWAYS I guess the point I am trying to make is we are going to screw up-we can not help it when so much is going on----I am here-on hand, along with my managers to help resolve any issues you need resolved. I do not know very many shops in town that have an open door policy direct to the owner. I have given out my direct phone number and managers names and phone numbers so hopefully in the future this will not happen to any of you guys that shop here-thats all.

Thanks for all the PMs. I know alot of you guys personally and appreciate the feedback. Now can we get on with the new year.....Merry Christmas and everyone stay safe this year.

Bill

Sortarican
Tue Dec 26th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Bill, you seem to be honestly trying to resolve this sutuation which is good to see. And yes, things like this will happen.
I've done business with GP since they were down on Santa Fe and can say most of my experiences have been very possitive.

I've known Dana and Linda pretty much since they moved to Colorado and can assure you that they are very tolerant people. They've gone way beyond due diligence as a customer and are not "fishing" for some special treatment.

It's a good thing that you clarified some of your statements that I took as a bit insulting to my friends.

Follow up and resolve this issue with them I think you'll find that they are any companies dream customers.
Drop the ball and I guarantee you'll not only loose them, but also their many friends inside and outside the CSC as customers.

swademaster
Wed Dec 27th, 2006, 09:38 AM
All I am getting at is first you don't want to apologize for your employees and later you take full responsiblity for their actions.

I don't have a problem or did I say that I had a problem with your shop and have done business there many times. It is just that you seem to contradict yourself at times. If I ever need to do business with your shop again, I will not be scared to stop by.

konichd
Sat Dec 30th, 2006, 01:54 PM
I just talked to Bill and Tony this morning at Grand Prix and they both took great effort in restoring my customer satisfaction. Bill refunded my the balance of my service plan with no questions or complaints and assured me he is doing everything he can to correct the problems member's of our club have experienced.

Bill I appreciated your time this morning and for dealing with my problems "First hand" which you don't get from a lot of owners in bigger dealerships. I also appreciate the fact you took the time to correct these situations with your employees to assure customer's are satisfied with the level of service provided by your dealership. It was nice to see your addressing customers comments and implementing changes accordingly.

I'll be looking forward to my phone call when the 07 ZX6R's come in Februrary. :)

wulf
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I'll be looking forward to my phone call when the 07 ZX6R's come in Februrary. :)

Did you get your phone call?

~Barn~
Sun Mar 25th, 2007, 09:42 PM
His cell service isn't even turned on.

:D

TT5.0
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 02:22 PM
FYI - last time I checked (last week), Rocky Mountain Kawasaki had gotten a few 07 ZX-6R's in. They were still in crates when I looked. I also saw one on the showroom floor at Colorado Powersports in Boulder. I would highly recommend RMK, they're a great dealership.

konichd
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 02:38 PM
Did you get your phone call?

Yes I did! :) However I'm not paying a $1,000 setup fee on one of those. :(

If it was MSRP "out the door" I *might* have had one in the garage by now. :(

On another note, I went in to get a new tire, and ended up spending 400 bucks. Somehow the tire got left off my ticket and I walked out with a free tire! :) However they called days later after finding the invoice. Yet another reason why their tire policy is BS. :(

I probably won't go there for tire's anymore, its not worth the headache.

wulf
Mon Mar 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Tire policy?

konichd
Tue Mar 27th, 2007, 07:56 AM
Lets say you go in to get a tire replaced, in my case Dunlop Qualifier's. You go to the Service department, they take down your info and write up your slip for the mounting. Then your directed to go over to Parts and have them get the tire for you. When its a busy Sat. this can be a rather long procedure. I just want to go in there drop the tire off and get a new one, that simple. I don't think the customer should have to fuck around, shit I might as well mount the fuckin' thing too!

Then, like in my case, if you buy parts you go to the front and you have two invoices, one for parts, one for the tire. This is how I missed paying for the tire since I purchased $400 in parts that day also. Then had to come back and sign the slip later that week.

I have been a loyal customer of Grand Prix for years, however I will be taking my business elsewhere from now on. :(

wulf
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:16 AM
You go to the Service department, they take down your info and write up your slip for the mounting. Then your directed to go over to Parts....
Wow, what a cluster. This is why i have TFOG's number in my phone.

pilot
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
When I shop at King Sooper's, etc. I go to the meat counter to get meat, I wait in line. Then I go to the bakery to buy bread and wait in line, then I go to the flower shop to buy something for the lady, then I take all those items and slips up to the check out counter where I pay for them. I have never been to TFOG, so I can't make a compare contrast. Timing is everything. I like to shop when there are less people around. That way I get to know the staff on a one-on-one basis. Grand Prix has always given me respect as a customer and I have at times let another customer ahead of me in line.

ZX Rider
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Wow, what a cluster. This is why i have TFOG's number in my phone.
I agree.

konichd
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:02 PM
I have since switched to Jim at TFOG and am VERY happy with his level of service and care.

I have been a loyal customer of Grand Prix's for a long time. However I was suppose to get my new CRG levers on the 17th and guess what I don't fuckin' have............

I gave them plenty of chances to keep me as a customer and thier basically a monkey fuckin' a football that sells motorcycles. :(

wulf
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:38 PM
I only go to grand prix for filters or simple things they will have in stock because they are very close. I honestly don't have a problem with their parts/cashier split. But if you're paying for someone to install the tire, they should damn well install it for you, not make you cart it across the store and back for no reason.

Performance for gear that i need to try on.

I call TFOG for everything else. If they don't have it, they will tell you when it'll be in. They've never put me off. Plus they're all cool as hell and they know there stuff.

I've been to TK's once and they were great, even though i showed up after closing they took some time to answer my questions.

pilot
Tue Apr 3rd, 2007, 09:05 PM
But if you're paying for someone to install the tire, they should damn well install it for you, not make you cart it across the store and back for no reason.

???The only thing I've had to do is go to the parts counter to pick out a tire style and size. They've done the lifting.

clayfmx
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Wow........Its amazing to me how many people on here are so quick to bash someone who cares enough about one customer (out of tens of thousands) to take the time to try to make it right for one person. I gotta give the guy props for even taking the time out his busy day to get on here and show his concerns to begin with. Im sure you guys are getting way better customer service on ebay and all of the other scam infested web sites. I know where im gonna start shopping.

Devaclis
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
This area is for posting about shop experiences. We can be as picky or laxed about customer service as we feel is warranted. Not all the stories here are bad.

If you do not like what you read here go to the girls only forums :)

Sully
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM
:spit:.. :lol:

konichd
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 02:44 PM
The problem is Bill tried addressing my issue's and concerns yet I still have the same problems: tires and parts

Don't cry because someone kicked a little sand in your vagina. :)

clayfmx
Thu Apr 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Don't cry because someone kicked a little sand in your vagina..............................you said it!

konichd
Mon May 21st, 2007, 12:57 PM
Grand Prix still sucks, ordered CRG levers for my ZX-10R over 3 months ago and have been getting the "this weekend" speech for over a month.

But PERFORMANCE CYCLE rocks! Thanks Chris! :)

Devaclis
Mon May 21st, 2007, 01:00 PM
Performance DOES kick ass! Did you order 2 sets of those levers? I know the Hawk could sure use some new claws ;)

konichd
Mon May 21st, 2007, 01:02 PM
Dana,
I ordered 2 sets but by the time they get here we'll both be dead. :( I knew I should have ordered Pazo's from Performance.

Devaclis
Mon May 21st, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hahaha All my money goes to Performance or Fays now. Matter of fact I was in there today eyeing one of these:

http://www.fastdates.com/PLN.NewBikes/BMW/K1200R/K1200R04.530.jpg

konichd
Mon May 21st, 2007, 01:10 PM
A Bimmer? You Jeff's (Mista Black) new lover or something Dana? :lol:

Even if Grand Prix sold Bimmer's you'd never get any help either