Re: canyon ride sunday sept 18th

Long story I don't want to type on my phone. Fill y'all in when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by Jesterbass21 View Post
    Long story I don't want to type on my phone. Fill y'all in when I get home
    sorry to hear
    Work hard play harder!!!

ok so here is the story. two of us are riding up central city parkway....I'm not gonna lie We were booking pretty good. when I see the tail end of a central city cop car. we slow down to the speed limit and drive about 5 miles. he has by now noticed that there are motorcycles on "his road" so he turns around to wait for us. we pass him and he pulls out behind me. follws me 2 or 3 miles until he pulls me over for my licence plate not being mounted in the factory location. B.S. call if you ask me. anyway He asks me if I have an endorsment and I told him no....... Big ordeal with the DMV that I wont get into right now. anyway he says why are you riding. I said because I have a permit and am allowed to ride with a licenced rider..........who has now left because he didnt get pulled over with me. Whoops. Mr. Jesterbass21 you are allowed to come back to central city to go to court B.T.W. I am towing your bike and calling a tow company "not the normal blackhawk towing" but a tow company from idaho springs WHAT THE FUCK????? Are you kidding me? no sir I am not kidding you and you can walk the last 4 miles into central city to use a phone there since your cell phone is dead. I promise you if you hit central city parkway and even if you do the speed limit they will find a reason to pull you over. and if any of you meet a 6 foot one black male police officer his name is melvin even though its just an m on his card. He is a Lazy no good cop that has a hard on for sportbikes. Got good video of his lazy ass parking in a no parking area to go inside and grab a bite to eat though if anyone wants to see it!!!!! its all because we broke from the guy with the bell on his bike lol

ok so here is the story. two of us are riding up central city parkway....I'm not gonna lie We were booking pretty good. when I see the tail end of a central city cop car. we slow down to the speed limit and drive about 5 miles. he has by now noticed that there are motorcycles on "his road" so he turns around to wait for us. we pass him and he pulls out behind me. follws me 2 or 3 miles until he pulls me over for my licence plate not being mounted in the factory location. B.S. call if you ask me. anyway He asks me if I have an endorsment and I told him no....... Big ordeal with the DMV that I wont get into right now. anyway he says why are you riding. I said because I have a permit and am allowed to ride with a licenced rider..........who has now left because he didnt get pulled over with me. Whoops. Mr. Jesterbass21 you are allowed to come back to central city to go to court B.T.W. I am towing your bike and calling a tow company "not the normal blackhawk towing" but a tow company from idaho springs WHAT THE FUCK????? Are you kidding me? no sir I am not kidding you and you can walk the last 4 miles into central city to use a phone there since your cell phone is dead. I promise you if you hit central city parkway and even if you do the speed limit they will find a reason to pull you over. and if any of you meet a 6 foot one black male police officer his name is melvin even though its just an m on his card. He is a Lazy no good cop that has a hard on for sportbikes. Got good video of his lazy ass parking in a no parking area to go inside and grab a bite to eat though if anyone wants to see it!!!!! its all because we broke from the guy with the bell on his bike lol
    That really sucks, sorry to hear it. I got pulled over on central city parkway last month, got out of it because I'm an ER nurse and they won't ticket us, luckly.
    Work hard play harder!!!

ehits life. I just gotta pick myself up and get back on the horse errr bike

Sorry to hear brotha. My bell is an gaurdian angel brotha. Get someone to buy one for u. Great times though. I still wanted to ride after I got home.

One of our guys got a ticket in Central City last weekend too. Turns out the cop was about to go off duty and we flew past his relief coming into town, who called ahead.

The speed limit is 45 yet its two very wide lanes in each direction. It really outta be at least 65 if you ask me.

It sounds like he knew (or assumed) you were hauling ass and then looked for any reason (probable cause) to pull you over. So after he impounded your bike he made you walk the last 4 miles into town? He didn't at least offer you a ride?

I always wondered what the penalty is for riding without the 'M' endorsement. I didn't realize it was an impound. What's holding you back from taking the test?

I took the test. when I renewed my licence the stupid DMV didnt put the endorsment back on. so now I have to go do it again. and the "penalty" for riding without the "m" is a 30 dollar fine. lol seriously thats all it ever is. and he had no idea we were speeding he was pretty far away when I noticed his cop car. and he didnt notice us at that point. When I said Sir I am confused why you would pull me over. I wasn't speeding or doing anything dumb I am just trying to get home he said, "I pulled you over cuz your plate isn't supposed to go there. I know where its supposed to go" I didnt even argue when he said that lol

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Sucks that you got pulled over and your bike towed...

IMO.. don't give them a reason to pull you over. Mount your plate properly instead of tucked under your seat or some other place that isn't visible. This makes them think you have something to hide or that you like to run from the police.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

I took the test. when I renewed my licence the stupid DMV didnt put the endorsment back on. so now I have to go do it again. and the "penalty" for riding without the "m" is a 30 dollar fine. lol seriously thats all it ever is. and he had no idea we were speeding he was pretty far away when I noticed his cop car. and he didnt notice us at that point. When I said Sir I am confused why you would pull me over. I wasn't speeding or doing anything dumb I am just trying to get home he said, "I pulled you over cuz your plate isn't supposed to go there. I know where its supposed to go" I didnt even argue when he said that lol
    A nicer cop could have let someone with an endorsement ride your bike off... Basically they just cant let you because, well, now they know you dont have the mighty "M".

Funny little story about Mr. Melvin. A few weeks ago I was up on the hill. When I went to leave I held the door open for the person behind me to just have them walk through it, probably one of my biggest peeves. I didnt look back before I said "your welcome" to the prick and when I did turn around it was MELVIN! He was on his phone but I could tell that he wanted to say something to me... Lol.

my bike is a 1998 yes it is in the wheel well but it is perfectly visable. nothing blocking it and well lit. Melvin is a prick and everyone in central city I talked to was suprised he did that to me.

Haha u forgot to mention that was the second time of the day u saw fuzz lol. The first guy was kewl as fukc!!! And someone called us in then too.

yeah but you and your bell was with us that time ha ha

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

So you were riding above the limit, in Central City, without an endorsement and a plate mounted in a spot that is likely to trigger a territorial response from LEOs? You practically invited Murphy's Law right through the door!

drive about 5 miles. he has by now noticed that there are motorcycles on "his road" so he turns around to wait for us. we pass him and he pulls out behind me. follws me 2 or 3 miles until he pulls me over for my licence plate not being mounted in the factory location.
    I once heard a rumor, while living in another state btw, that a cop couldn't tail you that far and then pull you over. Was told it was a form of entrapment or harassment. I don't know shit about the truth of the matter, just a rumor I've never been able, or needed to, substantiate
    Last edited by TinkerinWstuff; Mon Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:55 AM.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by Nooch View Post
    So you were riding above the limit, in Central City, without an endorsement and a plate mounted in a spot that is likely to trigger a territorial response from LEOs? You practically invited Murphy's Law right through the door!
    hmm maybe you didnt read the post. I was told last week by the DMV that I do not have an endorsment I have a permit. Please please please tell me your gonna tell someone not to ride with a permit. I was riding with a licenced rider he just didnt stop. shouldnt have been a problem. and my plate is in plain view and lit. so no it wasnt murphys law it was someone having a hardon for sport bikes. If you wanna tell me how I was in the wrong on this please be my guest but read the entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    I once heard a rumor, while living in another state btw, that a cop couldn't tail you that far and then pull you over. Was told it was a form of entrapment or harassment. I don't know shit about the truth of the matter, just a rumor I've never been able, or needed to, substantiate
    unfortunatly that is, what it is, a rumor. a cop can follow you as long as he deems necessary. however as you and most people know they can find any reason to pull over someone.

buy a billboard on the way into central city. Melvin's a douche with a pic of his car parked in a no parking while he stuffs his face.

priceless.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

oh that would be awesome..... lol I am gonna research how much it would cost

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Nooch's Avatar

hmm maybe you didnt read the post. I was told last week by the DMV that I do not have an endorsment I have a permit. Please please please tell me your gonna tell someone not to ride with a permit. I was riding with a licenced rider he just didnt stop. shouldnt have been a problem. and my plate is in plain view and lit. so no it wasnt murphys law it was someone having a hardon for sport bikes. If you wanna tell me how I was in the wrong on this please be my guest but read the entire post.
    Lol enhance your calm John Spartan! I wasnt trying to be a dick about your unfortunate situation. But since you seem to be adamant that you were an innocent victim, why not just fight it in court? Surely you'll win, right?

And "someone having a hardon for sportbikes" qualifies as Murphy's Law.

I suppose I was lucky, me and my group rode our sportbikes right through Central City Sunday and passed 3 cops and none of us got messed with. Granted we werent hauling ass either, that might've had something to do with it.

Ive never had a Colorado permit, my endorsement carried over from my home state. But if permit regulations say you have to be with a licensed rider, you should probably tell your riding partner that they should stick with you especially if you get pulled over. If they won't do that, then you're gonna keep having this problem.

Sorry you got taken down by the LEOs.

no biggie. I am not gonna fight it I will take my lashings. pay my fine and stay away from there. I just wanted to post a warning. the towns people of central city say the judge has something to prove so I will take what he gives me without fighting.

Holly crap... when did you guys get back for all this to take place?

I got pulled over at 6:15 got home about 1 am
    started walking to Central City at 7:00 got there 7:45 found a phone about 8:15 lol thank you to my father lol