Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best place for PCIII?

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: best place for PCIII?

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO
    Bart @ TK
    + 1 more

TK Motorsports
    8th & Wyandot (right off I-25 in Denver)
    720-904-9040

They have a dyno and can do a custom map for you.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny
    Any stock map will not make your bike run as well as custom. Spend the extra few bucks on labor and have it tuned to your bike.
    Fuel Moto DOES a custom map for your bike. When you purchase one from them you send them your bike info, modifications, etc. They custom map it just for you and ship for free! I got mine for 265, I'm not a big enough idiot to pay 300+ for a custom map from a local shop that may get me 2 HP at the most.
    Last edited by konichd; Fri Jan 26th, 2007 at 10:18 AM.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Talking Re: best place for PCIII?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    + 1 more

TK Motorsports
    8th & Wyandot (right off I-25 in Denver)
    720-904-9040

They have a dyno and can do a custom map for you.

+ 2 more

one map for optimal performance (liike i'll ever go there...) and another map with 5th and 6th gear fitted with an economy band between 7000 and 9000 RPM for long distance touring

--pciiiUSB unda da AUX tank--
    yello sub henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

Quote Originally Posted by konichd
    Fuel Moto DOES a custom map for your bike. When you purchase one from them you send them your bike info, modifications, etc. They custom map it just for you and ship for free! I got mine for 265, I'm not a big enough idiot to pay 300+ for a custom map from a local shop that may get me 2 HP at the most.
    If they're not using your bike, it's not a true custom map. There are other factors to consider than just what you mentioned. Different bikes (even same year, make & model) can still run differently. I don't agree that you'd have to be an idiot to pay for a custom map. Your way may be the "cheap" way but it's definitely not the "best" way. Good enough for you? Sure, and probably for some others. Good enough for everyone? Not a chance.

------------------------
    Student Driver Racing / My Little Pony Racing
    Aerobics instructor seeks optical illusion...#502, baby

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I guess everyone will see differently on this. Fuel Moto is a HUGE power commander dealer and have a vaste amount of resources at their disposal. Their maps are as "custom" as you can get and are reasonably priced. I doubt any Denver dealer has the experience or the wealth of knowledge that Fuel Moto has ammassed.

If your a racer, is 300 bucks worth 2 extra HP? Probably....for most of us on this board your better off spending the 300 bucks on suspension, etc.

I find 300 dollars a little too steep for the average Joe to spend on a custom map. I will doubt ANY dealer in the denver area can squeeze out more than 2-3HP out of my bike with a custom map of their own.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I think the main thing to consider is that there can exist a pretty substancial difference between a map for a bike that plugs in:
    X - pipe and Y - filter, and calls it good.

That to me, is a "modification specific" map that (don't get me wrong), certainly has it's value. But I also think it's a far cry to consider it in the same scope as a custom map though, wherein the bike is tuned at 1000 or 500 RPM intervals, to produce max horsepower throughout the entire rev-range, given the parts installed at that moment in time, on that specific bike.

Regardless, I think it's all misguided money for Joe-Streetrider, but if you're gonna bother at all, I would rather take bother #2 over bother #1 for the money. I mean... We're only talking a few extra bucks for a true "custom" map, as opposed to one that "is compatible with the following parts installed".
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Fri Jan 26th, 2007 at 12:27 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

It all depends on what you want to do and what you're willing to do to get there....

x pipe is a SS/Ti Muzzy
    PAIR has been capped
    y filter is a BMC
    airbox has been cleared via dremel and caulked
    switched TRE has been applied.
    --this was done at about 600 miles (shoulda done it earlier)

I'm different, I wanted an auxilary tank. the pipe replacement (stock 2 Muz) meant a loss of 28 pounds (which is equiv to almost 4 gallons of gas)
    Had to pull the PAIR for the pipe to work right and a good breathing filter is a must to keep the flow balanced. 50 thousand miles and all around the country works for moi! Running 24 hours with fuel/potty stops ONLY is a performance issue too!

my .05 (inflation)
    bus_henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.

So Henry... After all that plumbing work, did you have adjust your f.i. at all, or just let the Bus` work itself out?
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

~Barn~...When does the insurance/ticket issues go away so you can ride again? If it's soon, what are you looking at? The 1098 or the R1?

Back on subject...what would an average "Joe-Streetrider" experience with a good slip-on exhaust and a custom mapped PCIII? Being relatively new to the sportbike scene and not riding two identical bikes with one having these mods and one not, I'm not exactly sure what to expect? Again, not so much for the racer or consistent track day guy, but for the average "Joe-Streetrider"?

I would like to throw in some track days this year, but as of now I've only ran PMP once on a buddies GSXR600 for about 4 hours or so.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by *GSXR~SNAIL*; Sat Jan 27th, 2007 at 12:31 PM.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

halo Barn,

it was all within bounds (soft points were within the hardware config). the decision to cap the PAIR was made when TFOG identified the cause for the popping thru the exhaust -- lessons learned! I have been quite pleased with how the Bus has 'worked itself out" thru so many things!!!

--glad to be here--
    henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL*
    ~Barn~...When does the insurance/ticket issues go away so you can ride again? If it's soon, what are you looking at? The 1098 or the R1?

Back on subject...what would an average "Joe-Streetrider" experience with a good slip-on exhaust and a custom mapped PCIII? Being relatively new to the streetbike scene and not riding two identical bikes with one having these mods and one not, I'm not exactly sure what to expect? Again, not so much for the racer or consistent track day guy, but for the average "Joe-Streetrider"?

I would like to throw in some track days this year, but as of now I've only ran PMP once on a buddies GSXR600 for about 4 hours or so.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Man... I won't be riding a streetbike again, till early 2010. At least not in this country. And who knows what I'll be looking at at that point. Ducati has it's "art" back on the right track, so come that time, I'm sure there will be something luscious for me to drool over, and then again I'm a Yamaha whore. Unless their designers start missing the map in the upcoming years, they'll certainly have my attention too. But really, who knows.

I'm sure somebody else will field your other (on topic) question with a good answer, but the short answer, is basically if you wanna just put on a slip-on for the looks/sound/whatever, there is no reason to PC it at all. The bike will figure it out just fine, and the cost of the custom map would be no-where near justified. Hope that helps.
    ~Brandon~
    (720) 935-6438
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~
    .....the short answer, is basically if you wanna just put on a slip-on for the looks/sound/whatever, there is no reason to PC it at all. The bike will figure it out just fine, and the cost of the custom map would be no-where near justified. Hope that helps.
    the "tilde" Barn "tilde" is absolutely right....
    <<<<< if its just sound and/or appearance ..... save yer $ >>>>>

bus_henry (i did it for range...)
    "its boxy, its fast..."

http://www.motomummy.com/dynojet.html

best prices I've found and free shipping so beats the places around here

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crazycam31
    My main objective is to get rid of the flat spot around 8k rpms, but some more power all around can never hurt, especially at this altitude. Hopefully gonna make a purchase around march.
    I can attest to rapid bike and SR Tuning as well in the Springs. PCIII has been used widely here in the states but Rapid Bike has it's fame in Europe. You are capable of doing more tuning with the Rapid Bike than the PCIII and you will gain greater performance. The numbers do not lie. With all things being equal (bike, rider, tuning and conditions) the Rapid Bike will blow the doors off the PCIII.

Be careful of purchasing off ebay...it is cheap but it could be counterfit or more likely the seller bought a Rapid Bike.