Thread: NESBA releases 07 schedule

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

NESBA releases 07 schedule

NESBA Announces 2007 Membership Drives Wyomissing, PA (January 2, 2007)—The Northeast Sportbike Association (NESBA) will be holding a membership drives in 2007, passing savings onto new and renewing members. These membership specials offer NESBA credits that can be spent on NESBA track days or merchandise. A NESBA membership has a ton of benefits including free crash and rain insurance and dealer and sponsorship discounts. NESBA memberships are good for one calendar year and can be renewed before expiring. People renewing their membership early will renew their membership from the date their current memberships are set to expire, not a year from when they renew so they won’t lose any remaining months on their memberships. In addition to rewarding members, these membership drives were designed as an incentive to have memberships begin over the winter months, so more members can receive new season information before the season begins. The new 2007 member packets are scheduled to begin shipping in February, after new materials have been printed.

The 2007 NESBA membership drive is as follows: 2007 Pre-season Membership Drive: Get a Jump Start on the Riding Season and Save $25. From January 1 through January 31st 2007, anyone who signs up for a NESBA membership online will receive a $25 credit in his/her NESBA account.

NESBA is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization that sponsors track days and provides riding instruction at premier racetracks across the country, including Barber, Road America, Road Atlanta and VIR. For more information or see our complete event schedule, visit www.nesba.com or email info@nesba.com.

NESBA credit will be applied within 48 hours of membership purchase. Offer not valid on memberships purchased through any other discount program.

I just wanted people to know NESBA has released its upcoming schedule for the 07 year. Those of you not familiar with NESBA should definately check it out, its an excellent track day experience no matter what level of rider you are.

Unfortunetly it doesn't look like Miller Motorsports Park is on the schedule this year.

However I might be going to Kansas in June to run around. If anyone is interested in a little vacation with some excellent track riding, let me know!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Re: NESBA releases 07 schedule

I didn't see Miller on the schedule
    2003 GSX-R750 Angry Marmot Motorsports #256
    Voted "Best Smelling Exhaust" May 2006

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Ken,

Check with Apex trackdays for miller events

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

We also have 4 solid days of riding at Miller at this little thing called Racing 2 Save Lives, I highly recommend you check it out! May 3-6 this year.

We also have a VIR event if you feel like a longer drive, Aug 14-17 (right before the AMA Big Kahuna weekend there).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    We also have 4 solid days of riding at Miller at this little thing called Racing 2 Save Lives, I highly recommend you check it out! May 3-6 this year.
    I can't say enough good things about R2SL. The event is more professionally run than ANY other trackday I've been to including those put on by some really high profile organizations. I also got WAY more track time at R2SL in a day than I've ever gotten in a weekend at other events.

R2SL is THE best track day or days you can do folks, Sign up!!!!
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

Hey Eric, how ya healing up?

Thanks for the positive words, guys! That means a lot, to hear such good things.

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Thanks Rybo, I will check out Apex.

And I have already decided to do R2SL, but I just realized that I have no idea how much it costs! How much do I have to raise/pay for one day?
    2003 GSX-R750 Angry Marmot Motorsports #256
    Voted "Best Smelling Exhaust" May 2006

Site Admin

Ken,

There are a number of ways to ride at R2SL. One way is to volunteer some of your time to the cause. The crew at R2SL has an equation worked out to determine a ride/work ratio. Get in touch with Ray-Ray about what kinds of things need to be done. There is work you can be doing now to earn some ride time.

Second: Donate money yourself. Last year they ran 3 (3 hour) sessions per day. You could donate enough to ride one session or the whole event. Your choice. I don't remember the exact amounts, but it was REALLY reasonable, less than a NESBA day for sure.

Third: Collect pledges from friends, family, coworkers etc. I was successful in collecting enough pledges last year to cover all of my days there and then some. Some employers will also do some donation/matching for their employees. It was easier than I thought it would be, people like donating to good causes.

For volunteering, check our website and see if there is something you want to do. Then, get ahold of me (not Ray) - Ray has had to really limit his time spent on R2SL due to some family stuff so I'm handling what he was doing with the volunteers.

Getting pledges is a really good way to help out some kids *and* ride for free! We even have it set up where your friends/family/etc can pledge towards your fundraising online through our website, so it doesn't get much simpler than that. We had many people who raised way more than their minimum needed, and as a result we wrote some big checks to some very deserving charities.

Oh, one more thing on the volunteers - we need people even now! We have a ton of pre-event work to do and it's all pretty critical to pulling this off every year, so if you have time and can help us out, we definitely appreciate it.

than sincere ignorance

R2SL
    That's the way to go. First day there @ MMP Freddie Spencer himself was there teaching the new rider orientation! I was really torn between riding, and
    sneaking in to hear what he had to say.
    Oh ya, my 1+hr one on one with Eric Bostrom.
    Ben Bostrom was out there too, and I PASSED him
    Where else can you get that?
    Wonder if I can swing BOTH R2SLs this year?......
    dja
    MRA #918, now it's 821!

Click here for top notch suspension work-> http://www.fixmybike.com

how much are sessions this year? at r2sl...

Need suspension work? www.fixmybike.com

Not quite sure of the official cost, we should have that nailed down ASAP however (as in probably Monday night).

than sincere ignorance

please say you guys are going to have both the east and west track agian!!!??

Need suspension work? www.fixmybike.com

Site Admin

Yes, they are. The whole of the Miller facility is set for R2SL in 07. I also believe there is at least one session scheduled for the full course.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Nesba did the full course...it was RAD!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

R2SL has the entire MMP facility for 4 days! We'll normally be running both East and West tracks simultaneously like we did last time, but are scheduling in a block with the full course.

We will also have a Supermoto course going, and Kart rentals available through Miller's own rental program. AND, no construction this time! The place looks even better now that they have grass growing and the buildings all done.

than sincere ignorance