Thread: Hyperpro Springs

Hyperpro Springs

There's a set I found for my bike. I guess they don't do a spring rate like Racetech does, "automatically" adjusts. What do you think of that???? Oh yeah, they're fork springs. Progressive.

"Automatically" adjust? I don't think so. I think they're playing symantic tricks with the progressive spring. I'm betting it might be rather soft up top, and get really stiff in the bottom portion of the stroke. Most people go with linear springs on racebikes, but I've heard of a few bikes that perform well with progressive spring rates (my buddy with a V-max loves his). I'm extremely dubious of the claim to automatically adjust with no set spring rate.

My 2 cents.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by yakuza
    "Automatically" adjust? I don't think so. I think they're playing symantic tricks with the progressive spring. I'm betting it might be rather soft up top, and get really stiff in the bottom portion of the stroke. Most people go with linear springs on racebikes, but I've heard of a few bikes that perform well with progressive spring rates (my buddy with a V-max loves his). I'm extremely dubious of the claim to automatically adjust with no set spring rate.

My 2 cents.

Waste of time

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by *MV* #33
    Quote Originally Posted by yakuza

My 2 cents.

Waste of time

GOLD VALVE

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

always thought hyperpro was a semi decent company. Figured there was too much hype in that.