View Poll Results: which dealership is the best?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Colorado Powersports

9 14.06%
  • Coyote

3 4.69%
  • Excel

3 4.69%
  • Fay Myers

12 18.75%
  • Grand Prix

11 17.19%
  • RPM

2 3.13%
  • Sun

8 12.50%
  • Vickery Motorsports

14 21.88%
  • Xtreme Performance

2 3.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Motorcycle Dealership in the Denver Area

Exclamation Best Motorcycle Dealership in the Denver Area

Ive been reading positive and negative comments about numerous dealerships on this site for some time now and want a consensus on what dealership is doing the best. Keep in mind, i want the total dealership experience, not "bad service dept, but great parts dept..." ect. I want to find out what makes a good dealership good overall and what keeps you coming back for more.

Re: Best Motorcycle Dealership in the Denver Area

Personally speaking, I've had nothing but great service at Foothills BMW/Triumph.

Even before I bought the Sprint, you could go in there and the salespeople would give you the time of day without having to waive hundred dollar bills in the air. I kicked the tires for a couple of months and always had all of my questions answered without attitude.

When they got a demo ride in, they called me and I went in and rode it without any hassle whatsoever.

Got a loaner bike while they did the service and a warranty recall for three days. Granted it was a thumper BMW, but it was better than having to beg for rides back and forth across town. When the CPU fried, they busted ass to get it fixed in a reasonable amount of time as well.

If I were to buy another Triumph or a BMW, I wouldn't hesitate to go there at all.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Had a great experience with Colorado Powersports. My first street bike I bought from Sun and I wasn't too impressed with them.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

This thread needs a poll. Tallying the various posts and opinions will be a chore. My best best dealership vote goes to the place that offers a poll.

Oh yeah, and anyplace but Coyote.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I've seen the sales people at Coyote quote drastically different prices to multiple people inquiring about the same bike in the same afternoon. I wouldn't recommend going there unless you know EXACTLY what you want and EXACTLY how much you should pay. They'll spot a poser squid a mile away.

On the other hand, when I bought a bike there the customer service was good and the prices were in-line with the market.

Badhabit

Current bikes: 2005 KTM 625 SMC, 1998 Honda Superhawk

Past bikes: 2004 Yamaha R1, 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone,
    1999 Yamaha R6, 1996 Kawasaki EX500

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

i voted fays, only because we've purchased multiple bikes there from one specific guy.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

I voted extrem performance only becuase I know the sales manager. I like RPM to but same thing I know the guys. Just about all them Ive been in have pissed me off. It seems the only way you get decent service is if you know and deal with a spacific person.

Vickery has lotsa parts so I go there, I try not to buy bikes from dealerships.

i did make a poll at the top, i think its working.

So for all of you that responded saying they know the people that work there, if you didnt know them, would you still shop there?

Like i said ive been reading the other threads on bad/good dealers and keep seeing people say something like "well i got hosed at dealership "a" for my first two bikes, but the third one was priced right so i bought there again" and i keep asking myself, why? Would people rather pay rock bottom, beat out all the competition prices and get shitty service while buying, terrible service on the bike etc. Or pay a little more to a respected dealership for great service, one on one attention, a great service dept etc? is it all about price and supporting a place that shouldnt be supported, or do we care enough about good places staying good places? just curious.

bueller, why dont you buy your bikes from dealerships?

I don't think anyone should have to choose between getting the best prices and getting good service.

Example, was looking at my first sport bike at Fays (pre Ralph Schomp). All I got was attitude and sticker price.

Called Aurora Honda. They had the same bike, was willing to work with price, provided amazing service, and made my first "dealer" purchase experience a welcome one. Had Fay been willing to offer better customer service, I would've probably been happy to buy from them without shopping around anymore, but the lack of customer service is what drove me to keep looking.

So if your asking if given the choice, would I choose good service, or good prices... I'll take the prices.

Oh... and where's the "none of the above" choice?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    bueller, why dont you buy your bikes from dealerships?
    Too much $

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    Too much $
    Mostly you get a cheaper price buying used privatly. What you don't get is a warranty. Or if something is wrong with the bike after you bought it, an established dealer will work with you. If something goes wrong with a private deal, your screwed.
    I have never had troubles at Sun Honda.
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

I got my Zed from a private party and saved at least $1500.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

None of the above ----- Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont, CO
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

I got an excellent internet quote strike price on a new 06 bike adv on Ebay. Salesman initially quoted MSRP. I then showed him the quote & my intention to purchase at that price, which was just below invoice... 5 minutes later he matched it...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    None of the above ----- Rocky Mountain Kawasaki in Longmont, CO
    +1, that's a good shop.

I've bought bikes from Rocky Mtn. Kawi, Erico, Tri-City, Sun and Fays over the last few years. Rocky had the best sales, service and parts depts. as a whole shop. At the larger shops there is ALOT of attitude and "I'm to cool to deal with you" vibe. Um, customers are the ones that pay for you guys to hang at the bike shop all day.
    Last edited by BigE; Thu Feb 1st, 2007 at 10:58 AM.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com

...like trying to guess between the lesser of two evils... Just go with the one who has the bike you want and arm yourself with knowledge of how the dealership game is approached and you should do fine IMO
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Nice blowdryer.

I have to agree with you sales shark, i have bought 3 bikes from Aurora honda. Sales dept was great service dept great and parts dept great. At Fay it took almost an hour before i could get somebody to help me and that was only after i approached somebody (it happened on more than one occasion) Then once i got someone they had attitude the whole time and were not willing to give me an room to work...just MSRP+ all the added on BS for putting it together. Plus they were tryin to F***k me on my trade in. The week before they had the same bike in there as mine except, that it was in terrible shape, and no aftermarkt parts....they sold it for $1,000 over bluebook ($7500) and all they wanted to give me was $3000. Took it to Aurora and they gave me 5K without any questions and theydropped the price of the bike out the door for 10k. So yeah def Aurora honda....Speakin of which why aint they in the POLE????

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark
    I don't think anyone should have to choose between getting the best prices and getting good service.

Example, was looking at my first sport bike at Fays (pre Ralph Schomp). All I got was attitude and sticker price.

Called Aurora Honda. They had the same bike, was willing to work with price, provided amazing service, and made my first "dealer" purchase experience a welcome one. Had Fay been willing to offer better customer service, I would've probably been happy to buy from them without shopping around anymore, but the lack of customer service is what drove me to keep looking.

So if your asking if given the choice, would I choose good service, or good prices... I'll take the prices.

Oh... and where's the "none of the above" choice?
    Last edited by livinlife2themax; Thu Feb 1st, 2007 at 10:19 PM.
    My crotchrocket can out run and out manuver your hogg.......The best part is it cost half the price.
    2007 GSXR 1000
    2006 CBR 1000RR
    -DEFLAPPED
    -YOSHI RS 5
    -POWERCOMMANDER
    -520 CONVERSION
    -+2 REAR -1 FRONT
    -speedo healer

thanks for the responses so far! lets keep it going! we need more votes to get a more accurate count.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

If you want a more accurate count, then why don't you add in all of the dealerships around here (since obviously some are lacking) and add the option for who prefers to buy through private owners....that might give you a better picture.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I like Grand Prix like a fat boy likes cake!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

obviously some are lacking. i forgot about aurora honda and RM kawi. And im not looking for the private owner buys, thats not pertaining to the dealership experience. i cant change the poll though, it wont let me.

but so far 24 have voted and i know more people on here buy bikes from dealerships, so i want them to chime in as well